AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

We found a kitten tonight.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2013
Somewhere near Chicago
When Maggy and I went walking tonight with our dog Zoe, we heard crying by the edge of one of the grass fields we walk next to. When we investigated, we found a baby girl Tuxedo kitten hiding in the tall grass, probably no more than 8 weeks old, if that. Somebody had dumped her. She's not emaciated, but she was very hungry and thirsty. She ate an entire can of food in less then 15 minutes. She's camped out in our bedroom for now with her own food, water, and litter box, plus some toys to adjust and to let the others get used to her smell. Goodness knows we don't need another rescue, but what can you do? It just pisses me off that someone can just throw away a small animal like this. We named her Julie Newmar and she is now sleeping next to me on the bed. She is very vocal and just a little doll!

Attachments

• Julie.jpg
    Julie.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 355
Gorgeous namesake for a gorgeous girl! Glad she found you! Kitten season is rough on the heart.

I just went through something similar recently!

And that kitten is beautiful!!! Give her lots of hugs for me! Lol

kitten rescues! :love2:
Her markings are so pretty!
So happy you found her :love5:

I just took this picture of my cat today and it made me think of how lucky we were to find her when we did.
I found my kitten 3 months ago completely beat up in my back alley. So tiny, he would fit in my pocket:
1tBpuB7.jpg

I use to also think he was a she :oops: :p look how big he is now!
E5MVhs0.jpg

The new kitty is doing very well. We have introduced her slowly to the other 4 cats that we have. One of them has been a bit too hissy but she's getting over it. So far so good. We've rescued before so we have a set procedure that seems to work well to get the new kitty acclimated to the house and the existing cats. Our big Lab Zoe loves all animals so we never have to worry about her. She just looks scary because she's big and 100 pounds.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and good wishes.
:)

Well she is actually a he.
:oops:

So Julie is now Milo. He is doing very well and fitting in with our other 4 rescues and our Lab Zoe. We are so pleased to have him in our family. He's a little boldy who is not scared of anything either. Kittens are so much fun.
:-D

Here he is hanging out with me this morning.
:-D

Attachments

• Milo.jpg
    Milo.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 148
Awww he's adorable. Glad you found him. I had a rescue cat but she was her own lady and decided that she wanted to live elsewhere so she moved over the road.
They probably gave her more tuna.

Reactions: Brad
Brad said:
When Maggy and I went walking tonight with our dog Zoe, we heard crying by the edge of one of the grass fields we walk next to. When we investigated, we found a baby girl Tuxedo kitten hiding in the tall grass, probably no more than 8 weeks old, if that. Somebody had dumped her. She's not emaciated, but she was very hungry and thirsty. She ate an entire can of food in less then 15 minutes. She's camped out in our bedroom for now with her own food, water, and litter box, plus some toys to adjust and to let the others get used to her smell. Goodness knows we don't need another rescue, but what can you do? It just pisses me off that someone can just throw away a small animal like this. We named her Julie Newmar and she is now sleeping next to me on the bed. She is very vocal and just a little doll!

Glad you rescued the little cutie!

But don't always attribute strays to malice. I've lived out in the country long enough to see a momma cat have babies, raise them as she would, then get hit by a car leaving the strays behind. Then some survive, some don't, I'm guessing yours was the tough one of the litter if that was the case :)

Reactions: Brad and LadyLuna
DDuckworth said:

But don't always attribute strays to malice. I've lived out in the country long enough to see a momma cat have babies, raise them as she would, then get hit by a car leaving the strays behind. Then some survive, some don't, I'm guessing yours was the tough one of the litter if that was the case :)

I initially thought of this since we do live in a rather rural area just outside the city but this one was already litter trained. He also appeared to be used to humans and not scared of us at all, thankfully.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Brad said:
DDuckworth said:

I initially thought of this since we do live in a rather rural area just outside the city but this one was already litter trained. He also appeared to be used to humans and not scared of us at all, thankfully.

Well in that case be on the lookout for lost kitten posters, check craigslist and be ready to accept that the right thing to do is give him back to the owners if they genuinely lost her (like she ran out when the door was open.) I can't imagine someone would potty train a kitten and then abandon it...but I've known people to do worse.

DDuckworth said:
Brad said:
DDuckworth said:

Well in that case be on the lookout for lost kitten posters, check craigslist and be ready to accept that the right thing to do is give him back to the owners if they genuinely lost her (like she ran out when the door was open.) I can't imagine someone would potty train a kitten and then abandon it...but I've known people to do worse.

I have been checking the local paper and CL but nothing so far. Usually the kittens learn litter box usage from their mother. I expect this was an unwanted litter and when they couldn't give Milo away they simply dumped him. The lady next door to us has a cat that she got the same way, he was dumped here. Sadly it happens too often. This is how we ended up with 5 cats. 4 are local rescues.

Our Maine Coon, Tigger, belonged to my Dad. They found him in the street and he was badly injured from being run over. They took him to the vet and he lived against long odds. My Dad adored Tiggy. After my Dad died my sister was going to give Tiggy away. I drove almost 2000 miles in 3 days (from Northern Illinois to Charlotte, NC) to pick him up and bring him home. He has been a great cat and we just adore him. He is now about 17 years old and has lived with us for nearly 10 years.

Cats learn how to use the litter box by instinct! I have 6 rescued cats since they were cubs and from the first night they already used the box and buried their poop

When they are not using the box it must be: the sand is dirty/they are sick. Old cats tend to forget to poop in the box very often (3 of my cats are 10+ year old and they sometimes poop outside)

Trainning a cat isn't that hard, trainning them to be in your lap is harder than using the bathroom :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.