AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think there is a huge difference in a big competition in which everyone participates and a 1 on 1 "battle".

I would feel icky whether I won or lost. ugh...
In most cases (previously on MFC) both models win because the battle in itself drove in multitudes more tokens just due to the competitive nature of dedicated/loyal tippers. And on MFC, the battles only happen if models know each other and agree to it, obviously, so it's done in good fun (and in the name of earning).

But I get it, people can feel how they wanna feel about it. It's something that works if you wanna try it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Yeah I would NEVER even consider participating in something so vile. The idea disgusts me.
... vile? seriously.

... i'll see myself out.

I just.. I feel like people are *deeply* misunderstanding this. I'm not saying it's for everyone, its a specific style of camming but I really am .. tbh offended to hear that a fun thing I did in my room for years is 'vile' to people on this board.

... vile? seriously.

... i'll see myself out.

I just.. I feel like people are *deeply* misunderstanding this. I'm not saying it's for everyone, its a specific style of camming but I really am .. tbh offended to hear that a fun thing I did in my room for years is 'vile' to people on this board.
I apologize, seems I did over-react in looking through other's experiences.

Reactions: melanieoncam
I thought I maybe heard @AussieCosplay talking about something like that, but knowing me I might be confusing 2 different things.
I hope I'm not going too far off the topic of this thread.
I hesitate to make a tip war info or participation thread, given I (personally) know jack shit about them, and have never done one.
If people are doing it on tiktok though, or something similar, it's probably super popular, and very hot and relevant right now to the cam world.
So many models are focusing there (tiktok) for advertising and having good results, from what I hear.
....I am still getting batter out of my hair from yesterdays loss. :haha:

Yes, I have mentioned tipwars quite a lot.

No, I would never base a good portion of a sites business plan on them.

This project sounds like WishtenderLite with Cam gimmicks produced by Crypto Bros with little to no industry experience.

Now back to tipwars--- They're great for networking, creating urgency on your sales, and hitting goals.
...but they are still only one part of a whole. I do maybe 2 a month, because otherwise they lose their value and urgency.

The more you talk about it, the more fun it's sounding (to me)! Although my first reaction is not positive. However, like you say if the models are well matched, and there's a bunch of fun and silliness involved... I could actually see that being a blast. I think what I've learned overall from this, is that if you manage them well, and have them w the right people, they can probably be fun. Either that, or you're just a great sales person :) Thanks for the offer in MO. Very kind and gracious 🤍 I might take you up on that down the road (contest week on SM this week, so I have to put twice as many hours as usual in, to earn same amount 😓 ).

Honestly I had almost no traction yet on MFC and entered MarchModelMadness, got paired with an established top model and had my best earning hour yet (at the time), my camscore doubled, and I got new regulars because "go the underdog!"...
I've now been on the other side of that situation as well...and funnily enough it hurts the high earner more because you make less than being even or outmatched...still worth doing it though because it helps the lower earner get more traction.
I've never had a single bad experience doing them, they're usually only an hour long and whilst messy and nervewracking they do make for fantastic gifs, recordings, motivation etc...
I really freaking rate them as a smol controlled amount of competition. (Also it's my room vs their room in my eyes so it's never personal and regularly just chance if the right member logs on)

If you make one I'm happy share my tips on what worked well for me (with the caveat it's 2 years old) and discuss details.. long as it's models only.

as far as this:

in a one on one battle, not a lot more than other specialty shows. You agree on rules, what happens for the loser/winner, any special rewards for tippers, and you set a time and date and advertise it. The time and effort comes in building the hype.

I think the only ones i had a little difficulty with were wars where models were maybe slightly mis-matched with me in some way - so like, actually my last day 'fulltime camming' before i just..stopped was a successful tip war with 2 models. They were on one camroom, and I was on mine. We did it with both of them because it evened the playing field a bit, based on what I was typically earning vs them. Other stuff that took a bit to figure out was like, models that had very different room vibes etc, less hardcore or what not. Usually we defaulted to 'silly' stuff - loser gets a pie in the face, or in my most memorable was the loser had to take a bath in spaghetti. The planning and time that went into that was obviously a lot - we had to use a commercial kitchen etc, but that was us just being extra.

The best ones ever were before MFC really had any structure in place to track these, we would do them in person at conventions or events. That always made things more fun and more interactive!

I actually did recently start a collab thread in the MFC section!
Not one for explaining though, more one for people to post in when wanting to tee stuff up.

but.. battles are like a thing that totally works to make money? I’ve been doing them since 2011.

[...]

I also think these types of things are making a come back if you go to TikTok live there are tons of creators doing battles for the same reasons.
It's also a feature that's popular on streaming apps like Bigo or LiveMe. I *think* that most of the platforms I'm familiar with that have features like that are Asian, but there are other similar apps worldwide. Perhaps this site/app is trying to emulate that model but (explicitly) for adults? Hard to say if that's the case, or if I'd be for or against, since there's not much to see yet, but it's definitely A Thing that exists all over the place as a streaming app gimmick.

It's also a feature that's popular on streaming apps like Bigo or LiveMe. I *think* that most of the platforms I'm familiar with that have features like that are Asian, but there are other similar apps worldwide. Perhaps this site/app is trying to emulate that model but (explicitly) for adults? Hard to say if that's the case, or if I'd be for or against, since there's not much to see yet, but it's definitely A Thing that exists all over the place as a streaming app gimmick.
Edit window expired before I could find anything in English. Here's an example of a Bigo battle or "PK", although still not in English. Again, no idea if this is what OP's app is trying for, but it's just one example of a feature that is really pretty common these days.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.