AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

we NEEEEEED a PERM BAN OPTION!!!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we need a perm ban option i have people ive banned from my room who now come in as invisible where i cant see them to reblock them....
Every cam site needs a permanent ban option.

No ifs, ands, or buts.

@xChloe need to make sure this happens. It's not OK to not have the option for models.

Upvote 1
If you ban an account they can't then come to your room as invisible. They can be a guest or another account but not by using the invisible option.

Ban by IP and by email would be good but then most these days know how to use a vpn and do it anyway. Plus you don't need to verify your email so could still view you and chat as a grey etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: cbexplorer
Upvote 0
Ban by IP and by email would be good but then most these days know how to use a vpn and do it anyway. Plus you don't need to verify your email so could still view you and chat as a grey etc.
Yes ban by IP. I think on SC you can only have one account per email address anyway. But of course people can create new email addresses and therefore new user accounts. A model friend had an issue with an obsessed user, who when she finally banned him, just kept making new accounts everyday. So ban by IP would have helped. It eventually wore her down and she didn't bother banning him, I only hope that he became tired of the game and is now leaving her alone. Of course if VPN is used, then it doesn't work, but at least IP ban is better than just ban by username.

But as to the OP, yes! SC needs to allow models to permanently ban users. This 30 day ban thing really is a joke for someone who has behaved particularly badly.

Upvote 0
Ban by IP and by email would be good …
It might ban too many people.

The world runs out of IPv4 addresses, but people buy more and more mobile phones which need IPv4 addresses. Thus mobile internet providers use NAT to share one IPv4 address among many phones. If one of these phones is used to annoy a broadcaster and get banned, all phones using that same IPv4 address will be banned, too.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Thank you for this active discussion; it is a pleasure seeing all of you involved and taking the time to improve our platform.

We try to consider all the nuances when introducing a particular feature; all of the above was also taken into account.

You also know, we are constantly growing and developing. Discussions about this feature are already on the table of the product team for a long time. I will definitely let you know if any changes are made to the blocking functionality.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this active discussion; it is a pleasure seeing all of you involved and taking the time to improve our platform.

We try to consider all the nuances when introducing a particular feature; all of the above was also taken into account.

You also know, we are constantly growing and developing. Discussions about this feature are already on the table of the product team for a long time. I will definitely let you know if any changes are made to the blocking functionality.
I stopped camming on your site because I had multiple users wait for the 30 days and return to my room to harass me. This is unacceptable. When your site finally decides to protect models from abuse, I will return to camming there.

Upvote 0
I stopped camming on your site because I had multiple users wait for the 30 days and return to my room to harass me.
Would that apply to Chaturbate as well? On Chaturbate, bans cast by models expire as well, and after that time the members can return.

They will be visible, though. Thus maybe it's easier to ban them again.

Upvote 0
Would that apply to Chaturbate as well? On Chaturbate, bans cast by models expire as well, and after that time the members can return.

They will be visible, though. Thus maybe it's easier to ban them again.
I have not had the same issue on CB, possibly because the ban lasts longer. On SC they are able to send messages and harass me there as well.

Upvote 0
By default a ban is 1 month but model can set any ban to be permanent on CB.

Upvote 0

It is good to know, but really, the models should be able to control whether they administer a "slap on the wrist for being a naughty boy" 30 day ban, or a "get the fuck out of my camming life" permanent ban. Let us be honest, there are many guys who really need to be banned from a room forever.

It always worries me that SC seems to mainly worry about the users and is less supportive / considerate of the models' needs and wants. Remember, without the beautiful hard-working women broadcasting on your site.. there would be no users.

(OK this is probably not true, some guys would pay to wank to photos of furniture :oops: 🤔)

Upvote 0
Most of the users (not models) bans happen under the radar with the use of risk based approached machine learning as applied in e-commerce vanilla platforms too. From “Friendly Fraud”, to mass sign ups from the same IP address or geo location, or multiple risk score hits. Unfortunately, we can’t control people being assholes, and I’m hopeful Stripchat are developing more tools to minimize the human nature negative effect:)

Upvote 0

it really needs to be implemented sooner than later. for models' protection and sanity, they need to be able to ban members they do no longer want to interact with. there are times where even members who are spending need to go because they don't respect boundaries or are overall abusive. sure there could be times where a member might learn their lesson after being banned for a time period, but we aren't camming to teach grown adults how to better behave. this should be easy and quick to implement.

Upvote 0
The general advise I've seen, is document everything. Report abuse to the platform with the documentation.
Hold onto the documentation incase some day you need to get a restraining order, extra.
Legal documents have your personal information on it. Because of this, I've only herd people doing this for crazy people who show up in the real world. But I'm not a model.

Upvote 0

shygirl15yearold

this screen name on the site has pics on their profile of an underage child... screen name says they are 15 going into rooms tipping a token so u notice them..

Upvote 0
ive sent support a message about it lets see if they actually do something cuz this is a constant issues with the underage on the site adding pics of kids on the account. it almost feels like its the site messing with u to see if u ban them

Upvote 0
we need a perm ban option i have people ive banned from my room who now come in as invisible where i cant see them to reblock them....
Hi, can you tell me how to ban someone? I hover over, and nothing. I click and it gives me different options, like delete conversation. But I can't ban anyone. They sit there making remarks and I can't do anything.

Upvote 0
ive sent support a message about it lets see if they actually do something cuz this is a constant issues with the underage on the site adding pics of kids on the account. it almost feels like its the site messing with u to see if u ban them

For what it's worth, I have had to report a fair few guys (one prolific guy who seemed to keep coming with the same name and avatar photo), and every time I reported it, the account was blocked within about 30 minutes.
He always did the same thing: buy tokens and tips for attention, asking the same similar question "do you like a 16 yr old boy?"

Either the guy started to change names, gave up or SC finally banned his IP and card details (his name was always something like 16yrsoldboy and different variations of this) and his avatar photo was definitely a young-looking 16 yr old boy. LUCKILY some guys are so stupid they do the exact same thing and can be easily seen and banned.

Hi, can you tell me how to ban someone? I hover over, and nothing. I click and it gives me different options, like delete conversation. But I can't ban anyone. They sit there making remarks and I can't do anything.

I thought that so long as they have spoken in the chat or PM, you can ban them.
"You can mute or ban from your chat any user who’s spamming, harassing or being offensive. Simply hover over the username and a window with the options to mute and ban will appear. "

Source: https://stripchat.com/help/en/articles/4683347-how-to-ban-or-mute-abusive-users

Edit:
It would be great if both models and knights can mute individual GUESTS (since they have an ID, surely it's possible?). Some guests are respectful and good, where as some just won't shut up and you can warn as much as possible, you can't do anything except ban ALL guests, right?

Upvote 0
I've had my stalker come into my room on 3 different accounts and harass me and say the rudest shit every 30 days. This is absolutely ridiculous that you're the only site I know of that doesn't have a permaban option. It's pretty stupid to care about loser members who harass models than the models who bring in your money. Take care of those who work with you or they can easily go elsewhere.

Let's be honest. If one person needs to have multiple accounts he's most likely used to being banned because he's a fucking dick.

Upvote 0
Yes. If SC can have different room bots, games, and features, and make all these other site changes and improvements, there's no reason they can't have a perma-ban option for us models. Whether or not you feel they "deserve another chance" or "will be better the next time around" is irrelevant. That should be our decision who we ban...and for how long. I already have a member on my ban list, who I can tell is gonna keep returning to my room when his ban expires. I really don't wanna have to keep dealing with that arrogant asshole with the photoshopped dick pic, talking about "See, you scared." 🙄 Bitch, wtf would I have to be scared of? 😂 It's probably the size of a Halloween fun-size Snickers anyway.....

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I feel like the people who do this stuff will be using a VPN or know how to do that, or maybe im wrong. but even the web browser i use these days has a built-in VPN (opera)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.