AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WebcamMax

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet_Doll

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 2, 2013
MFCVille ;)
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hi ladies, I'm a newer model to MFC. I have submitted my verification info the other day so just waiting til that is processed.

I was wondering if anyone is using WebcamMax software and if you've had any problems with it over the last couple weeks.
I was using it no problem in Chrome browser while streaming my video for chat. Now all the sudden when I start broadcasting and select "WebcamMax Capture" for the video feed it shows a green screen instead of the video.

It works with the "stand alone" broadcasting software but I prefer using browser. I did a quick test in mozilla firefox and it worked but quality looked like shit. I prefer Chrome over anything else.

I have checked to make sure flash was updated and current. I'm at a loss on how to fix this and the support for WebcamMax is not much help so far. They don't seem to care and keep telling me it does not support HD at this time but I had no problem using m HD cam (Logitech 920) or broadcasting in HD before.

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have had this problem. I tried just switching to my camera, but that left it still green in chrome, so I'm camming through Firefox on MFC, and it works fine with Firefox.

Also, it's not just MFC. Streamate isn't working with webcammax either (just tested it). So it must be a problem with chrome and WebcamMax.

Reactions: Tilly and CynClaire
LadyLuna said:
I have had this problem. I tried just switching to my camera, but that left it still green in chrome, so I'm camming through Firefox on MFC, and it works fine with Firefox.

Also, it's not just MFC. Streamate isn't working with webcammax either (just tested it). So it must be a problem with chrome and WebcamMax.

Interesting, thank you for sharing!

I just bought WebcamMax because it was the only thing I could find that would do a decent picture in picture of my cam and another application on my desktop. I've not yet used it with MFC, so I was wondering if there are still issues, or if they've been resolved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you have to turn off certain plugins or clear your cache? I don't know too much about computers x.x sorry!

xo

webcammax isn't working with chrome. The issue isn't MFC, it's chrome itself. If you're not using chrome, then you should be good to go!

LadyLuna said:
webcammax isn't working with chrome. The issue isn't MFC, it's chrome itself. If you're not using chrome, then you should be good to go!

It worked fine for me on chrome last night, but the quality was awful. Really, really pixellated. So I'm trying xsplit instead.

Tea420 said:
LadyLuna said:

It worked fine for me on chrome last night, but the quality was awful. Really, really pixellated. So I'm trying xsplit instead.

I'm bleeding, so forgive me if this comes out bitchy...

It being awful is not "it worked fine". That's it being awful. Sure, it's not the green screen that we were talking about, but... it's still it being awful.

Now, here's why I say it's chrome and not MFC. I work both MFC and streamate. I had the green-screen problem with both MFC and Streamate. Therefore, it's not the sites that are the problem. It's the software.

It does work fine on firefox. Not pixellated, not green. Clear crisp picture (I use my logitech c920 with it). If you're using a laptop that has a built-in webcam, when you first turn webcammax on, it will select the built in webcam. So, if you're getting a pixellated picture, make sure that webcammax has the proper camera selected.

In the webcammax software, click the person icon at the top. You should see the "Live webcam- source" sidebar. There is a dropdown at the top, which if you click on it should list "auto select" and any webcam currently connected to your computer. If your program has "autoselect" as the webcam source, change it to the webcam you want to use. You can also change the size of the stream here, which might be another problem.

Down below the zoom options is a button that says "Set Webcam Size". Click on that. A "webcammax options" box should pop up. The "source" tag should be already selected, if not, that's the one you want. I have "webcam source rate" at 20, and "webcam source size" at 640x480.

If you're using an external camera, and have the rate at 20 and size at 640x480, then you shouldn't have pixellation troubles any more in firefox. But it still won't work right with chrome.

LadyLuna said:
Tea420 said:
LadyLuna said:

I'm bleeding, so forgive me if this comes out bitchy...

It being awful is not "it worked fine". That's it being awful. Sure, it's not the green screen that we were talking about, but... it's still it being awful.

Now, here's why I say it's chrome and not MFC. I work both MFC and streamate. I had the green-screen problem with both MFC and Streamate. Therefore, it's not the sites that are the problem. It's the software.

It does work fine on firefox. Not pixellated, not green. Clear crisp picture (I use my logitech c920 with it). If you're using a laptop that has a built-in webcam, when you first turn webcammax on, it will select the built in webcam. So, if you're getting a pixellated picture, make sure that webcammax has the proper camera selected.

In the webcammax software, click the person icon at the top. You should see the "Live webcam- source" sidebar. There is a dropdown at the top, which if you click on it should list "auto select" and any webcam currently connected to your computer. If your program has "autoselect" as the webcam source, change it to the webcam you want to use. You can also change the size of the stream here, which might be another problem.

Down below the zoom options is a button that says "Set Webcam Size". Click on that. A "webcammax options" box should pop up. The "source" tag should be already selected, if not, that's the one you want. I have "webcam source rate" at 20, and "webcam source size" at 640x480.

If you're using an external camera, and have the rate at 20 and size at 640x480, then you shouldn't have pixellation troubles any more in firefox. But it still won't work right with chrome.

I appreciate the help. I will try it with firefox and hopefully your advice will improve the quality. Thanks!

Reactions: LadyLuna
Urgh! WebcamMax is doing the same thing as xsplit for me. I have finally gotten it to the right format so it fits nicely in the viewing area but it's still so pixellated! I think either program would work well for me as long as I find a way to resolve this issue.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm using WebcamMax in Firefox trying to do PiP and here's what I'm experiencing.

On the left is what I see on MFC. That is using the cam preview, but it doesn't look any better when I'm actually broadcasting. I tinkered around with that for over an hour yesterday. No tips so I'm sure that killed my camscore. :)
On the right is what I see in WebcamMax. It looks good! I wish it would come through that way on cam..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-03-23 at 8.29.30 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-03-23 at 8.29.30 AM.png
    677.5 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.