AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently re-reading Dean Koontz Velocity, I don't know why but this book just ticks all my boxes for a good read.

It's a thought provoking thriller, lots of choices made that you can't help but think what would I do?

It helps I always forget 'who done it' until I'm well into the book as well.

I have such a terrible memory that I always forget the ending of books and get to reread them multiple times before it finally sets in! I think I read Batman: Hush at least three times before I could remember who Hush was a year later, lol.

Reactions: TacoBelle
I'm reading Fellside by Mike Carey/M.R.Carey who also wrote The Girl With All The Gifts and the comic Lucifer. This book starts out rather depressing, much like TGWATG.

I was reading Impulse by Dave Bara. But I had to stop halfway through and delete it. That was a truly bad book.

So now I decided on a classic, The Count of Monte Cristo. I've been reading several posts on reddit lately from people raving over it. I've seen a couple movie versions of it and liked it, so I thought I'd try the book. Went with the unabridged Penguin edition translated by Robin Buss. Only a couple hundred pages in (over 1300 page book) but so far it's a lot more readable than I was expecting.

I went to a private school, and they told me Harry Potter was evil. It was satanic and, we should never read it. So I never read or watched the movies. Now at 31, I thought I missed the boat, but a great person and cam girl convinced me to give it a try. Now I'm on Deathly Hallows, the last book, and I found myself enjoying this whole series more than what I thought I would. I can't be the only one late to this party anyone else read/reading this series as an adult?

Reactions: Gen and TacoBelle
I visited retirement homes during the hight of the Harry Potter book era - you're still a young reader. The ladies devoured them in their book clubs and had something to bridge the generations as they talked with their grandmuggles. Aside from the usual idiots protesting it was a nice time with books that appealed to kids, and told a story adults could enjoy too.

Currently reading Jack Campbell's "Lost Fleet" series. Overly pedantic with the the first, still some of that in the second, but he created a story universe I'm curious to explore so I'll wait for his writing to loosen up.

I went to a private school, and they told me Harry Potter was evil. It was satanic and, we should never read it. So I never read or watched the movies. Now at 31, I thought I missed the boat, but a great person and cam girl convinced me to give it a try. Now I'm on Deathly Hallows, the last book, and I found myself enjoying this whole series more than what I thought I would. I can't be the only one late to this party anyone else read/reading this series as an adult?

Lord of the Rings was first published in 1954. I didn't read that until 28 years later. It was a great book then, and people are still discovering it for the first time today, 62 years after.

I suspect Harry Potter will be like that. There's going to be people 'just getting to it' decades from now. You're not late to the party.

I am currently reading 'Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid'.

It's really hard for me to explain what it's about. It's about...meaning? And recursion. And self-referential equations. And strange loops. Consciousness. How something can come from nothing. Zen?

It's also difficult as fuck to read, but I think it will be worth it.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I'm reading 'Defending Heaven" China's Mongol Wars 1209-1370
It's a pretty interesting look at the history of a country at the time is was being shaped by invasion. And the politics of the different Dynasties which led to the
Great Yuan Empire/Dynasty.

For fun I'm reading the complete Robert E. Howard.

For fun I'm reading the complete Robert E. Howard.

The complete [Conan] Howard, or the [complete] complete Howard? As in Conan, Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn, Cormac, Borak, Dark Man, Kull, Almuric, Weird works, short stories, boxing, pirate, poems, and all the other stand alone novels 'complete?'

Just curious, cause I too went through the 'complete complete' before. He's one of my top 5 favorite authors. Conan The Defender was the first book I ever bought with my own money growing up (okay, allowance given to me, but still mine. haha) after having read the Conan comics for years. Yes, that's technically Jordan, but it got me on to the books by Howard. ;) At one point I owned a copy of everything he wrote, many in the original pulp magazines that published his stories. But sadly I've gotten rid of a lot of my paper books over the years.

51f0VHaN9IL.SX316.jpg

Jurassic Park.

Wish I had read the book before watching the movies, but since the first one came out when I was 2, not much I can do about that

Reactions: Gen
On the upside you have a great soundtrack to imagine in the background as you read the book.

Lot of Michael Crichton novels left to explore. Sometimes he wrote a novel to make it a movie; sometimes he wanted to vent his spleen about science and medicine. After reading Michael Crichton when I had the time I liked his writing, but he knew his narrow science, and not much more.

Books I currently have checked out from the library:

Mom, Inc.
How to Start a Home-Based Gift Basket Business
The Revenant
OCD Love Story
The Babysitters Club: The Summer Before (I loved reading/watchingThe Babysitters Club as a kid, so I went crazy when I recently saw this at the library)
The Babysitters Club: Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls

Mona Lisa Overdrive - book 3 of The Sprawl Trilogy by William Gibson

cyberpunk goodness
Oh my, I bought that in hardback when it came out in 1988 (second impression, I didn't get to the bookshop fast enough to get a first edition). Neuromancer remains one of my all time favourite novels.

Currently reading The end of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas. Interesting premise, about half way through and no idea where it's going to go.

Oh my, I bought that in hardback when it came out in 1988 (second impression, I didn't get to the bookshop fast enough to get a first edition). Neuromancer remains one of my all time favourite novels.
read Neuromancer for the first time ages ago (90's).
picked up Mona Lisa Overdrive not long after I finished Neuromancer but learned that Overdrive was the 3rd book in a series, so I refused to read it until I had read Count Zero lol needless to say, almost 20 years go by before I finally bought Count Zero and read it (after giving Neuromancer a re-read), so, now, I'm on Mona Lisa Overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.