AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Camgirls should have on their Profile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann_Sulu

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 16, 2012
Bespin, Cloud City
ann-sulu.com
Twitter Username
@Ann_sulu19
Streamate Username
Ann_Sulu
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/54402/Ann_Sulu/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/78435/Ann_Sulu-Custom--HD-Videos
I've been barely able to cam for about 2 weeks now, due to connectivity issues Since I'm a workaholic, my brain has been going over what I should perhaps do to my profile. I know certain things help models, such as: schedules, prices, tags etc... I'm also sorry if this is elsewhere. Keep on mind I'm not talking so much about pics/text/links. I just figured for non-tech people (like myself) they want the essentials first then, they can add the rest later...though that's fine too if you'd like to mention coding. I'm mainly talking about what should be on the profile of just about every camgirl.

So,

Question for Members and Models:
What do you like to find in a model's profile?

(Example: I like it when I see a schedule, because even if she wants to put "usually", at least I know what hour she might be on.)

I totally agree with you guys. I try to put stuff about myself, just for that reason. I hate it when girls get offended when guys ask them to do things they aren't willing to do or the guys don't chat, and the girl gets pissed and leaved because she's bored. I understand it may be hard to separate yourself from the rest, but at least tell a bit about yourself. :thumbright:

I like info. I like to be able to read a profile and have an idea of who the person is, their likes and dislikes, and the way they want their room to run. A basic schedule is nice too if you keep the same days and hours. Of course you want either a link or links to the products for sale such as videos and pictures. I think even more important is to make it readable. Don't use crazy colored fonts and backgrounds that clash with each other. Pictures of yourself are nice too. I don't need to see you naked in them, just a few face shots. It helps me place the face to the user name.
:cool:

I always look at the pictures on a girl's profile... especially if she's currently offline or away from cam. A picture's worth a thousand words, as they say. The face is most important, but I also like to get a general idea of body type (nudity's not necessary for this, and I think it's more fun leaving it to the imagination). Not everyone shares the same idea of skinny/average/curvy/etc.
Pictures can also bring out some of the model's personality, too. A model who's smiling and having fun in her pictures suggests a fun and interesting room. Decent quality photos, too. Grainy, low-quality photos drive me nuts!
I also like seeing the online/offline status that's missing from a lot of newer profiles. And last online! Did I miss them by an hour? A day? Hey, they haven't been on in a week... maybe I'll send them an MFC mail and see if everything's ok.

Generally speaking:

Camming schedule
Video List (if the model has any videos for sale)
Menu ("50 tokens for flash", etc.)
Private/Group Info (limits for privates, areas of expertise, minimum private length, limits for group, types of group, etc.)
Public Chat info (what the model will/will not do in public chat)
Friend Add info
Offers (panties for sale, raffles, competitions, etc)

Things that I dig:

Music, Film, Book sections filled out - If a model lists her favourite musician as Prince, favourite film as The Big Lebowski, and favourite book as 1984; chances are I'm gonna enjoy talking to that model as we have similar tastes, ya know?
If a model lists dubstep, Meet The Spartans and 50 Shades Of Grey in those fields, then I know to move on to the next model :-D

Things I generally look for:
Twitter link.
Amazon Wishlist
Link to your webpage.

Details and costs of any of the following:
Videos you have for sale.
If you do custom videos.
Picture sets.
Any special events (including raffles).
Any games you may play in your room.
If you skype and any price breaks on various time allotments.
If you DON'T do skypes, groups or privates, say that too.

General Info about you and your room is nice too. Doesn't have to be long. If you're into lighthearted joking around, that would be nice to know. If you more serious about just doing shows, say that. Maybe highlight anything that would be out of the norm for an average room: tarot, gambling, spankings, domination... the list goes on.

Also in this section put a list of things you are into, hobbies, movies, books. Anything that we might have in common helps to strike up a conversation. So just list whatever you happen to like to talk about.

If you regularly play a game or do a show that involves a lot of different tips to control activities, definitely put the rules on the profile. I'm thinking of Hitachi or Sybian shows where 10 speeds up, 15 slows down, 20 for rotate, 50 for mute, 75 for crank, 100 for reset, 500 cum now, 1000 for adding 10 minutes... I've seen some with over 20 different actions. Put that shit in a graphic on your profile, it's far too long for a topic and it's annoying to have some premium keep on posting the rules. Far easier just to have 'Rules On Profile' in your topic.

And this is probably the most important. Put a picture of your face somewhere on your profile!!! I can not tell you how many times I've gone into a new room and for a really long time all the model is showing is her ass or boobs or anything but her face. Then she logs off and I have no freaking clue what she even looks like. Go to her profile and it's all pictures from the neck down. I won't even recognize her the next time she gets on cam. It's like she's in the witness protection program or something. I know I can add her to my friends list but then when she is on I look at the name, pop up the room and wonder why the hell she's in my list since I have no clue who she is. Put a head-shot on the profile.

Finally, I know I'm going to upset a lot of models with this one and many may disagree. Most of the fancy graphics that so much time is spent on creating are really not needed. They may look great and you're really proud of your achievement but the truth is most of them are really hard to read. If you put text on almost any picture, someplace in that graphic the contrast between text and background is going to make it more difficult to read. Here's a secret: I have never once gone to a profile just to look at fancy graphics, nor have I ever gone back because they were there. They add nothing in my opinion. I only go to profiles to look at information about the model (or post a message), once that is done I don't need to go back unless I need to refresh my memory, or catch up on some new information.

So honestly if you were to make a simple rectangle with a light neutral color (tan, beige, sand, ecru...there's a reason apartments paint walls these colors. They don't annoy the most people!). Then put your text in black color on that. Choose two fonts, one for the header and any main categories and another for the body. Then one font size for most text and up it ONE size for the header. Done. Easy to read, conveys information and doesn't put eye-strain on us old fogies with glasses. Oh, and don't do black background with white text. That causes more eye strain than anything.

I like simple but informative profiles. A list of outfits is always awesome. No crappy vids in the comments section for mfc models is also always nice to see.

Some common things I see a lot that I wish some models wouldn't do.
Music. Even if I like the music. Marilyn Monroe quotes. Blatant lying or embellishing. Don't say you have sound if you don't and don't put a certain degree on your profile if you can't have a 1 minute conversation about it without it becoming clear that you are lying. Especially if it's the only non sexual info given on your profile. Too much glitter. I can handle a little glitter but some get way too reckless with it.

For me:

1. Less to read the better
2. I dont bother looking at camming schedules (since a lot models I know dont stick to a schedule lol, plus after awhile you kind of know when a model is expected to be online).
3. Prices, info about skype etc etc - keep it concise.
4. Answers to most common questions that you get sick of answering in chat.
5. Not too fussed about favourite books, movies etc.
6. Your public chat rules are important, so have it in your profile.
7. Please NO MUSIC on your profile its really annoying!

What I think would be different:

Make a video of introducing yourself (youtube or wherever you want to host it). I prefer LISTENING to reading. I would love to listen you to answer all the stuff you have in a typical profile (favourite movies, favourite books). 5 minutes is more than enough!

HEck if you are doing a raffle make 2 min video introduction to it.

PunkInDrublic said:
don't put a certain degree on your profile if you can't have a 1 minute conversation about it without it becoming clear that you are lying.

I swear I really do have a BA in Mathematics, but fuck if I remember any of it!

Ask me anything about Algebra and I can handle that. But Calculus was hard, and the only thing I remember from real analysis is that .999 (repeating) is exactly equal to 1. DON'T YOU DARE BRING UP DIFFY! Fuck differential equations! Seriously! That shit broke my brain. Having a prof who barely spoke English for it didn't help.

LadyLuna said:
But Calculus was hard, and the only thing I remember from real analysis is that .999 (repeating) is exactly equal to 1. DON'T YOU DARE BRING UP DIFFY! Fuck differential equations! Seriously! That shit broke my brain. Having a prof who barely spoke English for it didn't help.

Oh great. I start an online Diff Eq. class next week. :crybaby: :?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
JerryBoBerry said:
LadyLuna said:
But Calculus was hard, and the only thing I remember from real analysis is that .999 (repeating) is exactly equal to 1. DON'T YOU DARE BRING UP DIFFY! Fuck differential equations! Seriously! That shit broke my brain. Having a prof who barely spoke English for it didn't help.

I think it must be a law; differential equations professor are not allowed to speak English that is understandable to native English speakers. I think taking differential equations and boundary value problems, online would actually be an improvement vs learning chinglish.
I was happy to get a C- in the course. Unfortunately nobody told me that you couldn't possibly get through electrical engineering courses without understanding Laplace transform, , so I found I had to learn Diff Eq. next year by myself, sans the internet. :crybaby:

Reactions: LadyLuna
I want to know the basics, what county region you live, age, pets, any other jobs beside camming.
A little bit about your boundaries and how you run the chat room, public cum shows vs groups, friends adds etc.
A lot about your content.
And then something about your personality, likes dislikes, hopes and dreams, something that is conversation starter, beside "wow great ass bb"
Pictures both nude and non-nude
Please stick you high tippers, and shout outs to the bottom of the page.
No music, especially stuff posted in your comment section.
Also make sure it is readable.

HiGirlsRHot said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LadyLuna said:

I think it must be a law; differential equations professor are not allowed to speak English that is understandable to native English speakers. I think taking differential equations and boundary value problems, online would actually be an improvement vs learning chinglish.
I was happy to get a C- in the course. Unfortunately nobody told me that you couldn't possibly get through electrical engineering courses without understanding Laplace transform, , so I found I had to learn Diff Eq. next year by myself, sans the internet. :crybaby:
The ironic thing is for a petroleum engineering degree i haven't had to use calculus of any kind so far. Over halfway through now. Talking to kids about to graduate, they never did. The school wants money, that's all it boils down to as far as i can tell.

Reactions: LadyLuna
RoxieRed said:
Now I feel like I need to redo my profile.
All my info is sarcastic bullshit.
Oh god no, don't do that. I don't want to give the wrong impression or make people feel they have to do that. Yours is actually quite nice and readable. Don't do changes.

Looking at it you've got all the info nicely laid out, room rules right there at the top, good layout on the videos and pictures. And there's good contrast for the text to be read. Yours is great!

Plus you have pictures of your face throughout so we can actually know who we're looking at. :lol:

- Fill in as much of the basic data/interests form as you're comfortable with. I'd rather see no answer/"none of your business" than a lie though. If you have more to say about what you're into, etc. that doesn't fit the form, you can add something right after it.

- A picture or two with your face is always nice. Nudity not required.

- A few lines about the general style of your room would be helpful, including what you are and are not willing to do in public/group/private. Note whether you do groups/privates/skypes with any rules you have set for them.

- Descriptions of any content you have for sale with prices. Ditto for panties for sale, song requests, spanks, prize wheel spins, and anything else that is standard in your room.

- Mention it if you have set prices for certain requests or if you don't take requests.

- Prices/rules for anything else that applies (personal messaging, texting, etc.)

- Links or other info for Twitter, Facebook, personal website, wishlists, etc. that you use.

- A schedule or at least whatever guidance you can give about when you're likely to be online. This should help minimize the number of members who want to come see you but miss you because they don't know when to look.

- Details of any promotions you have going on.

I agree with the prior comments that readability should take precedence over fancy backgrounds and that autoplaying music is annoying and likely to shorten the length of time I'm willing to spend reading your profile. Extra stuff for fun and/or that reflects your personality is cool. What I listed above is mostly what I'd consider the basics.

JerryBoBerry said:
RoxieRed said:
Oh god no, don't do that. I don't want to give the wrong impression or make people feel they have to do that. Yours is actually quite nice and readable. Don't do changes.

Looking at it you've got all the info nicely laid out, room rules right there at the top, good layout on the videos and pictures. And there's good contrast for the text to be read. Yours is great!

Plus you have pictures of your face throughout so we can actually know who we're looking at. :lol:

Thanks! I am pretty happy with the visibility of my text and contents of my profile and all that, I just wonder if my info is too sarcastic for guys to get a good idea of what to expect. I get tons of compliments on the way my profile reads and the guys that get drawn in are up for laughs and fun which is nice.
But this thread has me wondering if I am putting off guys who really just want information.

RoxieRed said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Thanks! I am pretty happy with the visibility of my text and contents of my profile and all that, I just wonder if my info is too sarcastic for guys to get a good idea of what to expect. I get tons of compliments on the way my profile reads and the guys that get drawn in are up for laughs and fun which is nice.
But this thread has me wondering if I am putting off guys who really just want information.
I would tend to say a bit of sarcasm is okay, and it tells us a bit about your personality and what we can expect in your room. I don't think it's too sarcastic.

Reactions: RoxieRed
JerryBoBerry said:
LadyLuna said:

keep-calm-and-good-luck-114.png

As was mentioned, it'll probably be easier online where you don't have to try to figure out if that l was supposed to be an r. Less risk of missing something because an accent horribly garbled it. Diffy is basically a cross between Calc 4 and Linear Algebra, with some proofs thrown in for good measure.

encouragement24.jpg

I think most of the things have already been said. Keep it readable, don't tell lies that one can debunk in about 1 minute of chat and don't use autostarting music or videos. And by all means, if you can, remove such videos from the wall too. They are highly annoying ;)

I do make it a habit to read a model's profile before I enter chat ( and I do check back regularly to see if things have changed too ;) ). So a good profile ( and well chosen tags) are a must for me.

Everyone's talking about readability and I'm just sitting here, asking myself if my standard font which kinda, sorta, looks like handwriting is readable enough or not >_<
It's definitely not a Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana or Calibri..... :oops:
I'd hate having to redo all my graphics with a new font, it would take hours, but if anyone has a hard time reading my profile, let me know please.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
LilyMarie said:
Everyone's talking about readability and I'm just sitting here, asking myself if my standard font which kinda, sorta, looks like handwriting is readable enough or not >_<
I'd hate having to redo all my graphics with a new font, it would take hours, but if anyone has a hard time reading my profile, let me know please.
Generally, if there are readability problems, it's seldom the font type ( as long as you don't use calligraphy fonts that is ), but rather the color/ background combination or smallness of the font (really keep it at 10 or bigger ;) ). I just read your profile dear, and I found no problems what so ever in terms of readability ;)

LilyMarie said:

I think it's plenty readable. It's clean, not like a sloppy handwritten font at all.

LilyMarie said:

I Think Your Profile Is Great. I Love It. Mine Is Def One Of Those Too Much Junk Ones HahA. Its OnlY My 2Nd Week So I Hope To Make It Better.

Snowie1969 said:
LilyMarie said:
Generally, if there are readability problems, it's seldom the font type ( as long as you don't use calligraphy fonts that is ), but rather the color/ background combination or smallness of the font (really keep it at 10 or bigger ;) ). I just read your profile dear, and I found no problems what so ever in terms of readability ;)

+1
Exactly, it is light pink font on bright pink background, or my always favorite purple on navy blue. As general rule if your profile colors match any of the schemes in this color blindness test. http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp redo it otherwise don't worry about it.

Lily's is your perfectly readable, and looks like girl who likes pretty things.

Roxie, I really LOLed reading yours, enough that I'll check out your room next time I see you online. I suppose you might add a warning, about if you don't appreciate sarcasm, try a different room.
xgoAe3w.png

I gotta ask how many guys try to tip you with cock pics and what do I get for my monster sized cock pic. :lol:
XLtBeQG.jpg

RoxieRed said:

This made me feel inclined to peep at your profile.
and now I think I am in love with you.
So yeah, don't redo it.
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.