AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What can we right off on taxes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2019
Hey everyone!

So I just finished my first year of camming and now I have to file taxes for my first time for camming. I am wondering what we can we can write off?

I spend about 300 per month on hair alone
Phone
Camera
Pedicures/Manicures
Lubricant
Oils
Lingerie/Underwear

Thank you!

I am not a CPA but:

To be safe, only things that you use solely for camming and that you saved receipts for. Props that you purchase to use on cam or in videos/photos for cam, supplies for shows or video/photo shoots, and promotional stuff you buy to send to or use for prizes for your members are pretty safe.

To get the best information, hire a CPA. There's a popular one in the camming community that someone may remember better than me and come post about here.

Thank you Amber Cutie.

I was thinking of going to H&R Block but I am not sure if they would know about camming (and it might get awkward lol)

I was reading off this list -
http://www.icammodel.com/beginner-cam-model-tips/camgirls-file-taxes.html

They had listed many items but I just wanted to be safe when filing taxes.
H&R Block is a ripoff, they basically just use the same sort of software that you can use yourself with TurboTax and ask you the questions and type them in themselves. Not worth it.

A CPA is much different than a basic tax processing business. They know tax laws and can help decipher what is OK and not OK to write off as a deduction in the case of an audit.

This is the CPA I recommend the most! He's great and works with a TON of cam models!
http://taxxxguy.com/

I only write off things that I use only for work and things for my home office.

As suggested, please avoid H&R, Jackson Hewitt or any tax preparation places such as those. They charge an insanely amount of money when Turbo Tax does the same thing. It's a complete rip off!

It seems unfair, but most makeup/clothing/cosmetic procedures can't be used as write-offs. If you could, for instance, wear any of your clothes for personal use, even if you never do or ever would, you can't write them off. The exception is things that would qualify as costumes. So, maybe sexy nurse outfits, say, or stripper heels, stage makeup. Here's a longer explanation: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...s-yes-if-you-meet-this-irs-test/#6ef3ff8117a3 (there's a specific sex worker article on this somewhere, but I'm having a brain fart about the woman's name--I'll update if I remember!)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
It seems unfair, but most makeup/clothing/cosmetic procedures can't be used as write-offs. If you could, for instance, wear any of your clothes for personal use, even if you never do or ever would, you can't write them off. The exception is things that would qualify as costumes. So, maybe sexy nurse outfits, say, or stripper heels, stage makeup. Here's a longer explanation: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...s-yes-if-you-meet-this-irs-test/#6ef3ff8117a3 (there's a specific sex worker article on this somewhere, but I'm having a brain fart about the woman's name--I'll update if I remember!)

Thank you for the explanation. It can be argued that the things I use could be used for personal use. It is just unfortunate because I do spend a lot of money trying to look good which is important in camming. However, where are the limits to this? Even if I get a camera couldn't it be argued that it can be used for personal use?

Turbo Tax will actually help you calculate how much of what, that you can actually write off. Based off of the square footage of your “office space” you use in relation to the rest of the home. It will also ask if it is used for only the “job”, or what percentage the use is. Not everything is a 100% write off. They break it down between supplies, equipment, utilities, communication, and one or 2 other categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.