AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What could I be doing wrong?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've been camming since I was 18 on both CB & MFC. About a year in I changed everything up in a rebrand so I could "Get it all right." Ever since, I've focused camming on Myfreecams because the rules weren't as limiting for me as CB. To put my frustration into perspective, I've upgraded the quality of the following:

•New PC from this century
•High quality stream
•New setup (room decor; stripper pole in my room; looks really nice)
•So many toys & two f*ck machines
•Microphone
•My wardrobe & makeup skill
•The general quality of my photos & videos has gone up as well

Yet when I stream... I never seem to break even 15 people. I have great customers & recurring fans. I make decent money I think as well.

I just wonder why my popularity seems to stagnate. I have a consistently growing follower count on platforms like Twitter also so I'm just wondering what it is I'm NOT doing that I should?

• Hugs
Reactions: AllyVixen
My favorite model has the same issue. Only a small group of around 10 people visit her and it's like that for months. But we tip her like crazy and just with so little amount of people, she climbed to well over 4500cs. Why the room doesn't grow, I have no idea. Maybe she doesn't do much explicit stuff, or is dressed most of the time. Maybe it's just a certain look or personality.

If you make a decent amount, I shouldn't worry. More people isn't always the same as more income. When she does an explicit show, the roomcount doubles or even triples but after, they all leave without having tipped anything.
Maybe I'm a bit selfish but I like a small roomcount. I don't like to fight/tip for attention and a low amount of people sort of creates a nice group atmosphere. We all kind of know eachother and say hi when someone comes in, that kind of stuff. It makes it real cozy and nice to be there.

Upvote 0
How much time do you spend on cam? The more time you're online, the better chance you have of new members finding and liking you. It also could be that your room feels too close-knit and new people that stop by are afraid to join a conversation where everyone already seems to know each other well. If you see someone sitting and watching for a while, invite them to talk to you and ask them some questions.

Quick edit: I just stalked your mfc profile and saw you have a pretty low camscore. That's almost definitely why your traffic is low. When my camscore was in the 500s, very few people ever visited my room. There are plenty of threads on this forum about raising your camscore. As your camscore grows, your traffic will grow as well.

Upvote 0
My favorite model has the same issue. Only a small group of around 10 people visit her and it's like that for months. But we tip her like crazy and just with so little amount of people, she climbed to well over 4500cs. Why the room doesn't grow, I have no idea. Maybe she doesn't do much explicit stuff, or is dressed most of the time. Maybe it's just a certain look or personality.

If you make a decent amount, I shouldn't worry. More people isn't always the same as more income. When she does an explicit show, the roomcount doubles or even triples but after, they all leave without having tipped anything.
Maybe I'm a bit selfish but I like a small roomcount. I don't like to fight/tip for attention and a low amount of people sort of creates a nice group atmosphere. We all kind of know eachother and say hi when someone comes in, that kind of stuff. It makes it real cozy and nice to be there.
That's how I feel. I'm just grateful to have sweet loyal tippers. I just see the main rooms with 300+ and I always felt like that was indicative of my not doing something correctly or good enough. Small numbers probably are better it may just be that insecure voice in my head telling me I'm not as successful as I should be.

Upvote 0
How much time do you spend on cam? The more time you're online, the better chance you have of new members finding and liking you. It also could be that your room feels too close-knit and new people that stop by are afraid to join a conversation where everyone already seems to know each other well. If you see someone sitting and watching for a while, invite them to talk to you and ask them some questions.

Quick edit: I just stalked your mfc profile and saw you have a pretty low camscore. That's almost definitely why your traffic is low. When my camscore was in the 500s, very few people ever visited my room. There are plenty of threads on this forum about raising your camscore. As your camscore grows, your traffic will grow as well.
Okay this is also a hot take bc I've been told I have a low CamScore but I recieve tips on & offline so I don't know why it's low. I think it is the time I'm on? I cam from 8:30 to like midnight so that's probably not enough considering I checked my analytics & I get spikes around 10:30-11:30. Should I be starting earlier or staying later...?

Upvote 0
Okay this is also a hot take bc I've been told I have a low CamScore but I recieve tips on & offline so I don't know why it's low. I think it is the time I'm on? I cam from 8:30 to like midnight so that's probably not enough considering I checked my analytics & I get spikes around 10:30-11:30. Should I be starting earlier or staying later...?

Camscore is calculated the same way for everyone. Do you have access to the Models Only section? It has a ton of good camscore info so you'll be able to see exactly why your camscore is what it is. It's all a ratio of tokens to time online.

As for when to cam, play around with it. I used to only cam in the evenings. Then I decided to add a Sunday afternoon shift, and a couple weeks after I did that, a whale stopped by during that shift and gave my camscore a massive boost. A couple of months ago, I added in a couple of morning shifts every week, and that has helped to expose me to a bunch of people who wouldn't have seen me if I only cammed in the evenings. If you can, I'd try adding in a shift at a totally new time. If not, try starting earlier or staying later. Whichever one fits your schedule better is probably fine.

I will agree that there isn't necessarily anything wrong with small room counts. I've had some of my best nights with only 3 or 4 people in the room. That said, I do like to see a steady flow of people popping into the room to check things out. You never know when one of your current regs may disappear and take a chunk of your income with him, so it's always good to be on the lookout for new members.

Upvote 0

There's a couple of threads on here about what draws you to a room that might provide some good insight for you. You can have all the tech in the world, but if you can't get people to enter how can you entice them enough to want to stay? Even a little thing such as changing your avatar might help draw someone in.

It's difficult to discuss time due to various timezones and location of the model. I know some models who do well during the morning in the US, as they cater mostly to EU and AUS customers. Whereas others do better in the evenings for the US. The biggest factor will be when you can model based off of your schedule.

As to what your shows are, it's really difficult to say since people have different tastes.

Best to you and hope you can find what works for you :)

Reactions: NebulaStarlight
Upvote 0
I’m sure you already thought of this, too, but just in case:

If you have a few regulars that tip well, go ahead and ask them why they like you / your room. You might gain some good insight - not just about what you’re doing well, but also about whether you’re attracting a particular “type” of member.

I’ve had a few of my “regular” models directly ask me for feedback about how I found their room, why I stayed, why I prefer them vs. so many other models to choose from, what I like the most, etc. And I enjoyed answering their questions because I’m a flirt, and it gave me a chance to compliment them. Everybody wins.

Upvote 0
There's a couple of threads on here about what draws you to a room that might provide some good insight for you. You can have all the tech in the world, but if you can't get people to enter how can you entice them enough to want to stay? Even a little thing such as changing your avatar might help draw someone in.

It's difficult to discuss time due to various timezones and location of the model. I know some models who do well during the morning in the US, as they cater mostly to EU and AUS customers. Whereas others do better in the evenings for the US. The biggest factor will be when you can model based off of your schedule.

As to what your shows are, it's really difficult to say since people have different tastes.

Best to you and hope you can find what works for you :)
I've wondered the same about timezones & thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.