AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what do models want, opening up brand new type of site!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2013
Looking to start new type of cam site - NEED MODEL INPUT

I am looking to start a cam site that will allow for really cheap private chats but still bringing in great money for models and company.

50/50 commission rate as the models are the ones doing the "hard" work considering without their body no money would be generated.

Now for clients to pay it would be 5 min, 7.5 min, 10 min,20 min, 25 min or "Pay until you finish at a bit higher rate". I want to use Skype as the main source video chats - this is too keep not only my costs low but allowing for cheaper prices because I have lower costs.

For money, Payza would be used but this would be fully explained as to why Payza is better then Paypal when using adult services. I want to keep models happy and not be like every-other site that could care less about if the models come or go, so please let me know what I need to do and what I need to stay away from! I am looking for interested models and agents as well.

I do have a more detailed business plan but I have heard forums can be great for advice/promoting so this is my first ever post :)

Re: Looking to start new type of cam site - NEED MODEL INPUT

I was going to write a long, in depth explanation as to why this is a terrible idea, but I'll just agree with MrRodry.

Also, I'd like to add that the word hard did not need to have quotation marks around it. Models do not work "hard", they work hard. You obviously do not understand and I have never thought it was a good idea for anyone to start a business that they don't know anything about from the worker's end. And it isn't impossible for men to cam, guys do it all the time. Maybe try camming for a while before attempting to be an online pimp.

No. Nonononono. Not Skype. Yes models do use that, but why on earth would a model give you 50% of their income when you're not even providing the place to do the call? Skype is not remotely secure, you can find out all kinds of information about models from it, like their whereabouts. It would also put it completely on the model to end the call at the right time and they could easily be pressured for giving out free time, or having people pretend they've paid for shows. Skype is a horrible place to do shows from. Yes a lot of girls have found their peace with it, but just no! Not if you're actually starting up your own camsite and are expecting 50%.

I also don't understand how offering cheap private shows to members, yet you expect models to use skype as software and you're still only giving models 50% (on mfc we take 50-60%), how this would be more profitable to the model? Sure you can say that maybe they'd get more traffic, but would they really get more traffic from your brand new camsite that doesn't even have on site private shows than they do on myfreecams or streamate?

I appreciate what you're trying to do, there is a lot of money in camming, and there are many things that camsites could improve etc or that could be incorporated into a camsite, but this is not a niche. You need to find your niche, what actually makes your camsite special. What you're doing differently. Unfortunately you're trying to fill a glass that's already pretty full and at this rate you're just going to end up spilling onto the floor.

My advice: Start working on a camsite, get more experience, sell skype shows yourself, start working out what it really takes to be a cam model. Then maybe you'll manage to find your niche. As it is, with no niche (and "cheaper" shows aren't going to cut it), no one is going to ever visit your camsite when there are so many really good very trusted sites with thousands of amazing models.

My other advice: Do NOT cut costs. Why on earth would I be willing to give over half of my earnings to someone who isn't willing to spend any of the money on software? And why on earth would a member actually give money over to a site that is so poorly put together? Who are you more likely to trust with your money? Someone who's in a suit, looking really smart and presentable? Or someone who looks like they've been sleeping on the street for a year and aren't wearing shoes? Essentially having a cam site set up for privates with no on site facility for privates is like going and asking random strangers to trust you with their cash whilst barefoot and looking really shabby.

Edit to add: I just want to quickly second Dakota about the "hard" work comment. Seriously? Why on earth would that ever need quotations? Quotations imply that what you're saying isn't really true, as though the idea that models work hard is laughable. It might as well have a scoff after it. Seriously, try camming and see how "hard" it really is.

I am looking to open up a new site that will be able to make online modeling make everyone more money. By using one simple thought: if the company spends less, they can charge less, paying out more and making a quick nickel (5 cents) rather then a slow dime (10 cents). I will be using Skype for the private because as it is free with the right programs it can be really easy to use. I want to know what models want, what will keep everyone happy on one site, what will "change the industry" with the right money put into it. I have done my research but I want to debate some ideas :)

If I want to arrange a sexy times private show with a model, I can do that on the site they currently work on, or (if they offer it) I can arrange a Skype show with them directly. If I go through the cam site they work on, they get 50% of what I pay for said private (or whatever it is that site pays out to models), and if we go the Skype route, they get 100%.

I (as a customer), nor the model have anything to gain by arranging a Skype through a website such as the one you propose. The model loses 50% of her income and gains nothing in return. I gain nothing in return for using your site to arrange the show instead of dealing with the model direct :twocents-02cents:

Re: what do models want, opening up brand new type of site!!

supersmile said:
I am looking to open up a new site that will be able to make online modeling make everyone more money. By using one simple thought: if the company spends less, they can charge less, paying out more and making a quick nickel (5 cents) rather then a slow dime (10 cents). I will be using Skype for the private because as it is free with the right programs it can be really easy to use. I want to know what models want, what will keep everyone happy on one site, what will "change the industry" with the right money put into it. I have done my research but I want to debate some ideas :)

Skype is not secure for models - how will you ensure no one tracks their IP addresses? Will you instruct all models in how to use VPN's?

50/50 is not a fair split for what is essentially, simply marketing and booking service. MFC gives us 50/50 an gives us a software platform, higher private rates, fuck loads of traffic, state blocking software adn the ability to earn MORE than privtate rates through tips.

IF your site had phenomenal traffic, i'd be willing to consider using it to book skype shows for more like a 10% fee. This is about standard for a booking service, which seems to be what you are offering. And i'd like to set my own prices, thank you! Different models will be able to charge different amounts - i have a fan base that are willing to pay $6 a minute to private with me, why would i lower this ?

EDITED To add: why did you post this thread twice on the forum. only one thread is needed.

"Hardworking" models already get payments for doing Skype shows such as through MFC, Payoneer, Amazon GCs, etc. Those "hardworking" models don't really need a middleman trying to keep his hand in their cookie jar when there is no need for it.

Did you really offer a 50/50 split after making mention of the fact that it's unfair how much other cam sites take from models? You do realize that there are sites that offer more than 50%, right? And they are the big sites dominating the camsite traffic, so they're providing a lot to the models... nevermind the fact that models can still offer Skypes on the side if they choose to, or stick to the built-in interface that is provided by the site that they work on.

This is just another dime-a-dozen post from someone hoping to cash in on cam girls' earned money.

And there's that "could care less" phrase again...lol.

Also, I cringe at 'cam site' and 'really cheap private chats' being used in the same sentence. In my experience, really cheap private chats attract the really cheap guys who want you to shove a banana up your pussy, and a sausage up your ass, while swinging like Tarzan from your chandelier...and do it in less than 2 minutes, bb...lol.

yummybrownfox said:

Also, I cringe at 'cam site' and 'really cheap private chats' being used in the same sentence.

I cringe at the idea of the use of Skype. In my experience it has been vastly inferior in every way to any other video calling methods. Every time I've scheduled skype sessions the video is grainy, the connections can't handle both our video's being on at the same time, glitches, pauses, lock ups... the list goes on. Several of the models I've convinced to let me talk them through installing the google video chat software and using google video instead. Instantly a much better quality video. I've heard other people say they've had no problems with skype but so far I've never had a video call that even comes close to google video quality.

First of all... Your business model :

Keeping low cost and charging cheap prices doesn't neccesarily equal in more traffic or more money for you or the models. It's perception of value.

Second as a new site you would be considered competitive if you gave a lot more than 50%. Like some of the girls said mfc gives more than that and they are an established site.

Goes back to value again... If you want to start a brand spanking new site you will want to recruit models that are already successful. For a successful model on a site such as mfc you would need to provide her a very competitive offer. She is not just bringing you some of her previews paying customers but also her expertise and cam girl experience which is a huge asset for a new company.

Skype privates........ Hmmm no comment....

Edit: you need to spend money to make money!

Isabella_deL said:
Ok.... I clearly need to have breakfast, hearing the word "sausage" even in that sentence made me hungry and want a sausage! lol

I could go for some McDonald's hot cakes (pancakes) with sausage...with plenty of syrup all over. But breakfast time is over right now, which means I could get a Big Mac instead. :)

Reactions: Nordling

yummybrownfox said:
Isabella_deL said:
Ok.... I clearly need to have breakfast, hearing the word "sausage" even in that sentence made me hungry and want a sausage! lol

I could go for some McDonald's hot cakes (pancakes) with sausage...with plenty of syrup all over. But breakfast time is over right now, which means I could get a Big Mac instead. :)

pancakes, with sausage.... and syrup??? :shock: God, you Americans are weird sometimes :). Sausage... and syrup? ... no, it sounds just as horrendous the second time. Worst thing is, some of the english are catching on! My friend had bacon and pancakes with syrup a while back for breakfast! What the hell is that about? lol then again, I also hate those big thick things you call pancakes. In my head pancakes are what you call crepes I think? Mmmm those are sooo yum! Although it's definitely a once a year thing. Sausages on the other hand.... mmmmm lol this is totally off this trainwreck of a topic! :p I do think it's funny how different cultures, even within the same country have different food, often stuff that seems ridiculously weird and gross to other people outside that culture.
God, right now though I could totally have some pancakes, melted chocolate and strawberries! mmmmmm!
Yes.... it's time for me to eat again... :p

Isabella_deL said:
pancakes, with sausage.... and syrup??? :shock:

LOL. Yeah, at McDonald's you don't have to get the sausage patty with your hot cakes (pancakes) if you don't want it. But that sausage patty tastes amazing when you pour syrup on it too. And they have apple juice in a tiny juice box (kid-sized) that tastes so good that I'll get 2 of them sometimes.

Reactions: Teagan and Nordling

Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
Isabella_deL said:

pancakes, with sausage.... and syrup??? :shock: God, you Americans are weird sometimes :). Sausage... and syrup? ... no, it sounds just as horrendous the second time. Worst thing is, some of the english are catching on! My friend had bacon and pancakes with syrup a while back for breakfast! What the hell is that about? lol then again, I also hate those big thick things you call pancakes. In my head pancakes are what you call crepes I think? Mmmm those are sooo yum! Although it's definitely a once a year thing. Sausages on the other hand.... mmmmm lol this is totally off this trainwreck of a topic! :p I do think it's funny how different cultures, even within the same country have different food, often stuff that seems ridiculously weird and gross to other people outside that culture.
God, right now though I could totally have some pancakes, melted chocolate and strawberries! mmmmmm!
Yes.... it's time for me to eat again... :p
Melted chocolate? lol How is that not syrup, if only ad hoc? lol Seriously, though, I don't want the syrup ON the sausages and will often put them in a separate plate so they don't get any on them. As far as pancakes, griddlecakes, flapjacks, hotcakes or johnnycakes, I don't like them when they're super thick and fluffy either. And syrup has to be natural, pure maple--none of that Mrs. Butterworth sugary junk. :)

what you are offering, should look more like this.

http://www.cammodeldirectory.com/#

girls set their own prices, you generate traffic/bookings and they take a 20% cut and have THEIR own payment service.

how would you compete with this site? Forcing girls to accept less tokens, (with the false idea that members want cheaper shows- when it comes to sex work generally men want to pay more, because it comes with the assumption that the product will be better. Do you want a high class $500 an hr hooker, or do you want to pay $30 for a blow job from a girl you picked up at the greyhound station. Id rather save my $$$ and buy a $500 hr personally.

On top of this you have not demonstrated HOW you'll manage large traffic, and also how payment is done.

And you take 50% instead of 20%...

Miss_Lollipop said:
Do you want a high class $500 an hr hooker, or do you want to pay $30 for a blow job from a girl you picked up at the greyhound station. Id rather save my $$$ and buy a $500 hr personally.

That's 16 blow jobs worth. :think: :think: :think: Wonder if she'd take $20?

Nordling said:
I don't want the syrup ON the sausages

Well there's a relief! If it's pancakes and syrup and then sausages on the side, that's fine, but sausages with syrup on top? Dear god every time I think of it I swirm! And I love food!

Chocolate and pancakes is fine, it's sweet and sweet :)

Even savoury pancakes are fine, I don't put sugar in pancakes so they can be either, but not savoury pancakes with sugar/syrup on top... no can't handle that stuff... far too confusing!

Reactions: Nordling

yummybrownfox said:
Isabella_deL said:
but sausages with syrup on top? Dear god every time I think of it I swirm!

You're missing out then...lol.

Maybe it'd be more appealing to me if I liked syrup... lol still, can't imagine sausages with sweet stuff on them!

Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
Isabella_deL said:

Maybe it'd be more appealing to me if I liked syrup... lol still, can't imagine sausages with sweet stuff on them!
Yeah, I don't think it's an ethnic, national or anything else thing but personal tastes. I was one of those kids who hated to have anything on my plate touching anything else, while my father put his nearly raw fried eggs on top of his pancakes and poured a ton of syrup over the entire mess! lol Noooo!

Okay, what you need to do...

Offer models trained baby monkeys to be at their beck and call, a background in web design and ability to make pancakes with sausage is preferred.
The monkeys should also have martial arts training because monkey body guards are cool.
And they have to be able to knit. Yep.

THEN, I'll give you 50% of my income. :-D

Liliana_XO said:
Okay, what you need to do...

Offer models trained baby monkeys to be at their beck and call, a background in web design and ability to make pancakes with sausage is preferred.
The monkeys should also have martial arts training because monkey body guards are cool.
And they have to be able to knit. Yep.

THEN, I'll give you 50% of my income. :-D

HUH, I've always wondered how much she had to pay for their services. :think: Now I know! :shock:

:lol:

Attachments

• SCARY-WIZARD-OF-OZ.jpg
    SCARY-WIZARD-OF-OZ.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 212

yummybrownfox said:

Also, I cringe at 'cam site' and 'really cheap private chats' being used in the same sentence. In my experience, really cheap private chats attract the really cheap guys who want you to shove a banana up your pussy, and a sausage up your ass, while swinging like Tarzan from your chandelier...and do it in less than 2 minutes, bb...lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna

So,... I'm not really the kind of person you meant to ask advice from, and this is actually my first post on ACF, but......

I'm a Lead Software Engineer. I also have a business degree. I have worked on several startups, and ran away from others before it was too late. I've also worked on software for an adult classifieds website and a telephone-based system.

I heard about MFC from a talk show host on SiriusXM, and I've gone on their several times a week ever since. I cannot believe the incredible functionality packed into that site. Their business model makes a lot of sense (though some feel the formula for cam score is a bit harsh). Their servers are usually up to the task. There's great reporting of tips and conversations. Nearly everything is configurable, right down to the goddamn sound of the notification when a friend comes online.

As a geek, I've written all sorts of scripts to save content off porn sites to my hard drive (free previews; I would never hack a website or steal). And somehow, I've stopped using them for the most part, and now I pay to use MFC. It's that good. Granted I don't have a lot of experience with other sites, but the social aspect of MFC is very important to me, and as I understand it most other sites lack that.

As others have said, you're not bringing a lot to the table for either the customers or the performers, and your means of operations are depending on a free service that can ban you at a moment's notice if they think you're taking advantage of them. You're also asking the customer to look for performers on one website, pay on a second website, and cam on a third website. That's not a wonderful user experience. Plus, with those three services running on different third party services, there's no way to tie them together so the skype activity is reconciled with the money paid, or that both parties even show up, let alone the record keeping MFC offers.

By the way, was having 500 customers skyping with the same performer part of you research? I use skype for meetings, and have rarely gotten it to work with more than three people for video, and 8 people for voice only. MFC performers often have 1000 people or more in their rooms. If you're talking one-on-one sessions, there's no way the performers are going to make what they can make elsewhere.

My advice to you, would be to abandon this idea altogether if you're not willing to do it right, or find some smaller part of it you could add value in.

Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
Isabella_deL said:

Hey, don't knock it til you try it. Sweet and savory together is usually very YUM :-D I don't eat sausage but still.. I'm sure if you like sausage, it's good.

Also, I love how this thread has turned into a conversation about McDonalds breakfast :lol: I always get one of those uber fattening buttery biscuits with egg on it and a hashbrown on the side :)

Crystal_Cat said:
Also, I love how this thread has turned into a conversation about McDonalds breakfast I always get one of those uber fattening buttery biscuits with egg on it and a hashbrown on the side

I'm not keen on mcdonalds breakfast, but you know what is awesome? Those chicken fillet strips things they have with sour cream and chive dip! And what's even more amazing is if you get some brie and put it on top of the chicken (without the dip). It tastes sooo good!

I'm not really a mcdonalds person, I never grew up off it, in fact I never touched it until a few years ago when I moved to London and all the chip shops there are so dodgy mcdonalds was pretty much the only place remotely trustworthy to get fatty food late at night. I didn't go there that much, but I gained weight so quickly! Like a stone and a half in a few months since I'd started eating the stuff! It's lethal! And addictive!

The OP hasn't replied so I think this is a much more interesting turn of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.