AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you enjoy doing for a holiday/vacation?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
As a kid, we never went away to a foreign country for a holiday as we never had money.
Then, as I got older and realised I suffer from social anxiety, it prevented me from even considering going abroad. But I have now been away to Romania to visit a friend 2 times in the past year (4 weeks I spent total - 2 weeks each time).
I absolutely loved it and now have the "travel bug" - in the sense that I want to go to other places (countries). I realised that the whole aspects of it all weren't half as bad as I anticipated.

I have been trying to think of where I can go next and what I would want to do on said holiday.
Obviously, there are lots of types of holidays you can go on (beach focused, cruise, hiking, ski/snowboard and so many more).
I was hoping that all of you could possibly give some suggestions and recommendations. I am sure a lot of you have experienced and travelled plenty, to all kinds of destinations, doing all kinds of different things.

Some things I know I will or won't like are:

When I was in Romania, we went to the beach for a weekend for my friends daughters birthday. It was absolutely amazing and looked fantastic (we went to Vama Veche). I am in the UK and our beaches and sea are.... not very good or nice to look at. This was my first ever time I had been to a sea and swam and also my first time just being on a white beach. I loved it BUT I was bored after a few hours on the first day (this may be due to the fact we didn't take anything or buy anything to play with: frisbee, ball, badminton, or anything else to occupy us). I am not one to want to sit/lay around tanning or be in the sea constantly. So this kind of holiday where people go abroad just for that is not the one for me. I wouldn't mind it being part of the holiday, you know, where you go and do other things but then decide "oh today we will go to the beach and spend the day there", you know? But definitely not the entire week and all of our time.

I am definitely not one to be wanting to go clubbing, partying and getting wasted from alcohol or drugs - so that's definitely an avoid (ALWAYS). I am just not a fan of dancing (I am very bad at it) and I don't like to drink alcohol.

I have always wanted to try snowboarding or skiing but that in comparison to a lot of other things seems quite expensive (just for 1 person).

Kind of like you, I didn't travel as a child. Having a parent with a debilitating disease, while the other works more than full-time hours, doesn't allow for it. So, at most it was a weekend away to a distant relative's cabin, pending weather.

Over the years, I've done a fair amount of travelling. However, only been outside the US once which was to Ontario, Canada. While I don't have any social disorders, I'm one who dislikes crowds due to wasted time, safety, etc. So, going to places such as amusement parks, or well sought after toursit traps is not my first choice. I'm one who's active in many sports and hobbies, so I plan my trips around them. I typically will do long weekends for a tournament, training seminar, etc. and will try and go someplace I haven't been to before. Or, a couple events I will do annually because I enjoyed them so much in the past. If I have a free evening, I'll try and see what kind of entertainment is going on. Sometimes a single person can get great seats for concerts. Like one time, I bought a ticket a few days before a concert and was about 10 rows up from the stage to the side. Only a couple of other times was I closer to the stage.

Skiing can be expensive for one person, no doubt. It's best if you can get a group of people together and share living quarters to cut expenses. For example, a few years back, I went with a bunch of people to go skiing over a long weekend. Rather than renting hotel rooms for 1-2 people, we rented a house that could sleep 16 people. There were eight of us, so for the whole weekend, it was about $150/person in housing. We split the food and drink costs as we made big home cooked meals. Probably one of the best weekends ever had...

I'm planning a trip to Europe next summer. Was originally planning to go this fall. But, a death in the family, a training course I'm taking, and some other unexpected events tapped my financial reserves more than I like. Not exactly sure where I plan to go. But, I'm a bit of a history buff, so I will probably try to visit historical places as well as maybe find a race track, or perhaps a bicycle race. Not one to sit around, as I get very bored very quickly, so the beach is out. I do enjoy geographical locations as well. Rivers, mountains, etc. that can be hiked.

Reactions: NotYou
Getting lost in a strange city.

Haha not quite sure I am ready for this YET... nor ever will be.
Unless you mean getting lost in the sense of discovering their culture and buildings and everything else - getting carried away and "lost"

I love cruises :)

I want to see many or at least more than one place...but want to feel relaxed and don't want to pack/unpack/pack etc over and over again.

Reactions: NotYou
Haha not quite sure I am ready for this YET... nor ever will be.
Unless you mean getting lost in the sense of discovering their culture and buildings and everything else - getting carried away and "lost"
I usually travel alone, and this is one of my favorite practices. I remember getting lost in St.Petersburg Russia as one of the highlights. I ended up at 4 am, competing in a karaoke contest against other Elvis impersonators. The lengths I could go to for free beer :)

I highly reccomend South Lake Tahoe, CA you should definitly try a ski trip. You deserve it! Tahoe is amazing in summer or winter. Plus you have gamblling! Its a gorgeous mountain retreat with city luxury.

I love travel! One of my goals next year is to be able to buy an RV as hubby and I love to hike, explore and generally see new places without bothering with hotels and I dislike sleeping outside in a camping scenario. This is our compromise. There’s plenty of places to boondock (park/sleep overnight without being in an RV park) in the States. We would travel every Friday after school thru late Saturday night or Sunday morning with our two boys while they’re still young enough to get them involved outside instead of video games or cell phones.
Greece was an excellent trip. We are also looking into the European river cruises as you get to see all the cities while your hotel floats with you.
We don’t see the point in excessive drinking on trips either as we don’t want to lose a day to a hangover. We also hate crowds. We wouldn’t do Disney ever. Both sets of parents were a bit obsessed with going and it’s just not us.
Finding great local mom and pop restaurants and random groupons in the area you’re visiting can be fun!

My favourite places in Europe:
Croatia - it's just beautiful, amazing forests and beaches!
Germany, Berlin - one of my favourite cities, never enough time to see or do everything
Spain, Pyrenees - been a couple times, my favourite mountains to explore so far, just super lush and expansive, really amazing

Getting lost in a strange city.

Same for me, anywhere I go my favorite part is getting lost, just got out walk straight for a bit, make a left, then make a right, and continue until you have no clue where you are. You find some of the most amazing places that way, and it can be nice when you arnt stressing about having to get to x place at a specific time. On one of my trips to romania I decided I was going to take the metro to a specific mall....never did find the metro and ended up walking and getting lost and actually managed to get to the mall after 8 hours, and then decided to walk back (didnt take anywhere near as long to get back, I made a point of making it a more direct route back 😂 )

I got myself a euro-rail train ticket a few years back (well i guess it's more like 10 years now), just grabbed a bag and a flight to Holland (you cant use them in the same country they are issued in, shame because when I was working a vanilla job the euro ticket cost less than my months ticket to work) and had unlimited train travel through all of europe for 30 days and just had to pay a little extra when I took a night train for a sleeping cabin. Apart from being held in a police station in munich for 5 hours (They were convinced I was smuggling drugs and wanted to search everything in my bag) it was a great trip. I wasnt even planning to go to munich, I was ment to be going to paris, but got the wrong train :facepalm: For someone who likes getting lost it was awesome, hop on a random train get off at a random location and start walking and see what you can find.

For a long time and still occasionally I considered getting a van and converting it into a full time camper. I like the idea of being able to just go off to somewhere new when you get bored of the current location.

I always traveled a lot when I was younger, every 6 months going between 2 countries with layovers in different places, but that was more out of my control since I was a kid then.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
Status
Not open for further replies.