AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you tell people you do for a living?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieCams

Cam Model
Jan 29, 2020
Florida
allmylinks.com
I have a get together with old coworkers in a vanilla job I left for camming. No doubt they are going to ask what I am doing now. I don't want to tell them directly. What are some creative things you've told people?

I'm thinking life coaching or social media management and consultation. 🤔

In romania camming is to popular, u can see studious publicity all over the town on buildings and on cars . If you tell to someone you do afiliate marketing , or call center or anything online and you are looking hot, he knows you are a cam model . :giggle: Hard to hide it here :)) All my familly and friends knows i am cam model, and when strangers are asking i tell them i work in real estates , renting/ booking, sells, airbnb

Last edited:
In romania camming is to popular, u can see studious publicity all over the town on buildings and on cars . If you tell to someone you do afiliate marketing , or call center or anything online and you are looking hot, he knows you are a cam model . :giggle: Hard to hide it here :)) All my familly and friends knows i am cam model, and when strangers are asking i tell them i work in real estates , renting/ booking, sells, airbnb
That's true

Reactions: anabeauty37
Say something boring so they don't ask follow up questions.
Say something like Data Entry - inputting spreadsheets and documents, that soon makes people drift off to sleep haha
"Nobody asks you questions when you say you're an accountant."

I tell people I'm a kind a "youtuber", my family thinks that. Some people asks for my channel and I tell them "it's about videogames, I don't think you like it" and I change the conversation :v.

I’ve always been completely honest about what I do. Nobody has ever had anything bad to say surprisingly!
But if I had to lie I’d say web/graphic designer because that’s what I used to do and can back up my word, in case anyone is like “show me your work”

Depending on who asks, I'll say either I'm a java dev for a bank, I'm an independent adult content creator, or I'm a camgirl. I was a java dev in a past life so I can usually make up enough lies to get through a conversation if I give that answer.

Affiliate marketing because it's half true when it's people like my husband's coworkers or my neighbors. Ever since I was outed I'm now open about my work with friends and family.

For my apartment, I told them self-employed and showed proof of income with my taxes.

Reactions: kinkypinky96
I have a get together with old coworkers in a vanilla job I left for camming. No doubt they are going to ask what I am doing now. I don't want to tell them directly. What are some creative things you've told people?

I'm thinking life coaching or social media management and consultation. 🤔

Tell them you're a remote consultant for an industry that seems believable for you and if they ask for details say you signed an NDA and can't because it would put your job at risk. It's 100% plausible and it gives you a great reason to not talk about work.

I had an actual (shitty) job like this doing data collection and fact checking for a machine learning company, basically I made the data that get's fed to AI to make it smarter but because NDA I can't talk about it much beyond that.

I'm pretty much out as a cam model to everyone I actually give a shit about but if I want to avoid awkwardness I just tell people about my other job as a figure model for artists. Not applicable for everyone, but it works for me.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Everyone close to me knows the truth, but I tell strangers and acquaintances; "I'm self-employed." If they push for more info I say; "Oh computer stuff, it's really boring." If they push for more after that I say; "Oh a little bit of everything". If they keep pushing after that, they start getting more serious looks and body language from me, that tells them to shut up and/or I change the subject. I don't like nosey, over-familiar people.

If they still keep pushing after that, I say; "I'm not interested in talking about my work in my off time. God knows I spend enough time doing it, I like having a break from it." If they keep pushing after that I say; "I'm an online circus clown. I do online parties, but I have enough clients right now. I don't need an assistant w/ it. Unless you are any good at magic? Are you any good at magic? What's the average speed it takes you to materialize a dove from thin air? Are you any good at pulling fresh flowers out of your ears? I'm specifically interested in someone who makes nice Lilies. Don't even waste my time if you can't at a minimum juggle at least 4 balls while simultaneously riding a unicycle."

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: mira_leo
A handful of years ago seems Romania used to the center of CB's foreign universe. Nowadays it seems to be Columbia. Or perhaps Ukraine/Russia. To where did the hypnotically sexy Romanians disappear?

A handful of years ago seems Romania used to the center of CB's foreign universe. Nowadays it seems to be Columbia. Or perhaps Ukraine/Russia. To where did the hypnotically sexy Romanians disappear?
they prefer sites without free everything so u can find them on livejasmin and other sites like this .

Reactions: notambernotcutie
Lol I usually go for the type of job that nobody in the room knows about. For example, if nobody really knows anything about IT, I will go for that - even if it causes follow-up question, I can tell them whatever bullshit I want. They wouldn't know if what I say it's true or not... and they won't bother Googling it later too.

Reactions: Missy48
Don't forget the last word... "I'm a social media infuencer." I've been influenced by CB a lot. :joyful:
I mean general vanilla content creation *is* pretty similar to what we do so it's not a lie 😂

Problem is when they start wanting to follow you on shit....

Reactions: Chiara_Montague
I say I'm not working right now/that I'm a housewife. Not working comes with its own stigma these days though and being a housewife is basically unheard of for my generation, but it's the most accurate and I don't know what else to say. I'm not good at lying either or bullshitting my way through a lie about a "real" job.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Status
Not open for further replies.