AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you ignore people, tell them no, or report them when they ask for something against the rules?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022
I am a cam girl on Streamate and the rules are very strict. Sometimes someone asks if i have an OF or social media. Which is against the rules to share. But i read conflicting stories.

Some people say you can get your account closed, for simply ignoring someone mentioning that. How is that possible? If someone asks for my social media and i do not reply, how am i breaking the rules?
Apparently there is no chat log of you proving you didn't break the rules, so now you can get your account closed due to mere suspicion without evidence? Is this real?

So if ignoring someone is not good enough. And telling the person No or ''that's not allowed'' is not good enough, since there's still no chat log proving your innocence.
Am i therefore required to type ''That is against the rules''?
Am i forced to report the person asking about it?

I just want to keep my job as a cam girl. But i don't know how much Streamate expects me to enforce the rules upon the members. I figured, simply not breaking the rules is enough.
I should not be obligated to report members, or type things out explicitly. I should only be required to obey the rules. Ignoring people should be sufficient. But i'm worried.

Any SM model can give additional advice / personal experience?

Woah! I had no idea these things were against TOS there?!? Seems extreme to ban social media! (I can understand banning OF as it's the same owner as MFC)

I don't think you should have to report but again, I don't know SM.

I would honestly be considering swapping to a site that allows cross promotion (Social media) though, because it gives you stability in the long run.

Reactions: Wuggie
Woah! I had no idea these things were against TOS there?!? Seems extreme to ban social media! (I can understand banning OF as it's the same owner as MFC)

I don't think you should have to report but again, I don't know SM.

I would honestly be considering swapping to a site that allows cross promotion (Social media) though, because it gives you stability in the long run.
IMO it's understandable why SM dont allow it, if they did people would use SM to drive traffic to sites where they get a better payout, if a model takes a member from SM to almost anywhere else the member gets more for their money and the model gets a better % of what they spend, so proactively preventing models from allowing socials to be shared limits the amount thats able to happen. As far as I know you cant even tell members to google your name for the same reason.

I prefer telling members what they are asking is against TOS instead of ignoring. I dont know who is watching and if they have some grudge where they can frame me for breaking TOS. Then report if they dont back off. Like pressuring me to the break rules.

I sometimes also point out publicly how selfish they are because what they are asking will get me suspended. Losing my income source. Some members watch may not know the rules so it turns into a great teachable moment.

I just verbally reply "sorry, I'm not allowed to mention other sites here" and most get the hint. I don't type and I've never had a warning.

The only members I report are the ones who can't take no for an answer (although I typically just block them)

For me it depends on who it is. If it's someone I want to keep around, I warn them. If it's someone I've never seen before I'll ban. If it's OMG illegal, I ban, report.

Status
Not open for further replies.