AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does anyone make a profit with SM fanclub or selling pictures/videos?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022
I'm a new model on SM and i'd like to earn some more. I was thinking of starting a fan club on Streamate and selling pictures/videos. Has anyone tried this? Do people buy it?
If someone could give me their personal experience / advice, i would really appreciate it.

Ps: I heard the rules on SM are very strict. What is recommended when someone asks for my OF or social media? Should i simply ignore them, should i type to them that it's against the rules, or should i report them?
Some people say simply ignoring them can still get you banned since then the chat log doesn't prove you you were innocent. But i think it's insane you can get banned for not breaking the rules, simply because you ignored the person. Advice?

Reactions: British_Rosie
I absolutely don't. ST is trying to save the website, unfortunately it is dying and getting to its last moments in my opinion I have chaturbate and I really don't know which other site to use besides it for when Streamate completely dies. (in my opinion, disclaimer) Trust my word, I have been with them for over a decade (in my opinion, disclaimer). I have noticed a lot of people break the rules there and Streamates has absolutely done nothing about it (in my opinion, disclaimer). But be careful, you could really get screwed over if you break a rule. You do not know who is watching and can get reported so fast. Just prepare for Streamates to go out of the grid soon. (in my opinion, disclaimer)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
I absolutely don't. ST is trying to save the website, unfortunately it is dying and getting to its last moments in my opinion I have chaturbate and I really don't know which other site to use besides it for when Streamate completely dies. (in my opinion, disclaimer) Trust my word, I have been with them for over a decade (in my opinion, disclaimer). I have noticed a lot of people break the rules there and Streamates has absolutely done nothing about it (in my opinion, disclaimer). But be careful, you could really get screwed over if you break a rule. You do not know who is watching and can get reported so fast. Just prepare for Streamates to go out of the grid soon. (in my opinion, disclaimer)
Wow, you really think sm could go out of business soon?

Upvote 0
I'm a new model on SM and i'd like to earn some more. I was thinking of starting a fan club on Streamate and selling pictures/videos. Has anyone tried this? Do people buy it?
If someone could give me their personal experience / advice, i would really appreciate it.

Ps: I heard the rules on SM are very strict. What is recommended when someone asks for my OF or social media? Should i simply ignore them, should i type to them that it's against the rules, or should i report them?
Some people say simply ignoring them can still get you banned since then the chat log doesn't prove you you were innocent. But i think it's insane you can get banned for not breaking the rules, simply because you ignored the person. Advice?
I sell a lot of clips on SM. It’s worth it. I offer them in my store and as ppvs. I haven’t bothered much with the fan club yet so nothing to share there.

Upvote 0
Is your question whether it’s worth that in addition to streaming, or are you asking if it’s worth being a model there just to do that? If it’s the 2nd, I’d say no . But I also live somewhere where the cost of living and surviving is way higher. So I need to make a lot just to break even. I can’t make less than 5k a month, and that’s minimum no savings.

Not everyone lives places like that or has big families. There are models who can get by and have savings making smaller amounts, because of the prices where they live are lower, and they don’t support others etc.

If you are just asking if it’s worth it in addition to streaming I’d say yeah.

Upvote 0
I don't see how Streamate can be going out of business. I've tried TONS of camming sites including Imlive, Chaturbate, StripChat, MyFreeCams, and the list goes on and Streamate has always been the most profitable for me. So much so, that I hardly cam on any other sites now. They pay damn good and the traffic is always excellent on there. As far as the fan club goes though, I just can't be bothered. Getting any videos uploaded to start a fan club has been a real struggle for me so I just gave up. But about once a week, I'll send out a mass message to my fans with like a picture that I'll charge $1-$5 for in the message so I can still make money when I'm offline and that brings in a little extra cash for me.

Upvote 0
People are always claiming this site or that site is going out of business. I think it's just their personal emotion speaking. People have been saying SM is going out of business on some forum or another every year I've been on there, and I've been on there nearly a decade now.

Upvote 1
People are always claiming this site or that site is going out of business. I think it's just their personal emotion speaking. People have been saying SM is going out of business on some forum or another every year I've been on there, and I've been on there nearly a decade now.
glad you can clarify because sometimes sm can be brutal and sooooo dead but then all of the sudden traffic and tips and shows just explode out of nowhere. It's hard work what we're doing, especially to mentally and emotionally handle the ebb and flow. I was concerned because I am still in my first year.

Upvote 0
glad you can clarify because sometimes sm can be brutal and sooooo dead but then all of the sudden traffic and tips and shows just explode out of nowhere. It's hard work what we're doing, especially to mentally and emotionally handle the ebb and flow. I was concerned because I am still in my first year.
Yes, honestly this is probably the worst year in the last 10 that I’ve worked, to have as a first year, in my opinion. So if you’re surviving during this year as your first year, then you are doing really well!! It is brutal right now, but I strongly believe that things will eventually go back to how they were. I’m sure you are doing a really good job, and it’s a really good decision to stick around on this forum and get info from everyone.

Working in his business has always been kind of feast or famine, with a lot of volatility, and unpredictability on when the rushes will be. And that volatility has only been amplified the last year, so it’s been even more unpredictable than it used to be. I’m still making the same as always, actually may be a little more. However I’m having to put so much more work and strategy into that money, than I ever ever have before (in this industry anyways). So the good thing is that no matter what you’re experiencing it will only get easier from here forward, because this is honestly the toughest first year for any cam model to have started, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I'm also fairly new, 1.5 years on SM and just over 2 years total so can't speak for long term trends but I definitely think it's just the economy at the moment. I'm earning less on SM than I was last year, but whenever I check back in on MFC (the site I first started on) and MV Live (where I often splitstream while on SM), things are even worse over there. Times are just tough, the whole industry is feeling it, but there's still huge amounts of money going through SM, it's at no risk of closing anytime soon in my opinion

Upvote 0
Whoops I’ve only been doing this 8years not ten. But the rest of what I said is accurate. Lol feels more like ten recently.

Upvote 0

Hello! I don't have an opinion on the fan club feature, but I definitely suggest utilizing the mass messenger feature! This is something I tell all of the models with my studio, even an extra $20 a week is worth sending out a couple simple messages. Just remember- Streamate is incredibly strict with watermarking they will even get you for putting your username on a photo. 😣 My streamate name is super similar to my other socials so I just say "I dont want to get in trouble for saying that on here, you know what my name is." and leave it at that. Don't risk your account!

Reactions: British_Rosie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.