AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the best webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logitech c920 vs Brio - 60 fps Comparison

Hello did you use this webcam? If yes could you tell pls about your impressions and would you recommend this webcam? Im searching for a new webcam with a better quality than logitech c920 and i noticed the logitech brio but i saw the reviews on amazon and now im not sure does it worth....

It's the best in my opinion. The most important thing is that it supports 1080p at 60 fps and 720p HD at 90 fps. No webcam ever supports 1080p at 60 fps. Few FPS will produce poor quality video. To get 60 fps, you'll need to have a powerful pc / laptop.

Regarding the C920, I can not say there is such a big difference between them.

Maybe this review helps:

Reactions: Ryuki22
What do you think about VR 360 webcams?

I saw websites that started using VR 360 webcams. Do you think the top websites will adapt the VR function?
I think when the VR is introduced, everything will be taken to another level.

What do you think about VR 360 webcams?

I saw websites that started using VR 360 webcams. Do you think the top websites will adapt the VR function?
I think when the VR is introduced, everything will be taken to another level.

I recently got a 360 camera. Cool stuff, but I'm not sure what it's use would be in camming, unless for some reason viewers want to look at the ceiling or see how messy the model's room is. The big negative to 360 videos is it's a trade-off of resolution/quality for a larger field of view. Since you're only looking at 1/4 of the video at a time, your effective viewing resolution is 1/4 of whatever the video is being broadcast at. So you would have to broadcast at 4k to get the equivalent video quality of 1080p. Broadcasting in 1080p looks more like standard definiton. Anything less than 1080p isn't even watchable IMO.

Multiple cameras with different viewing points and the ability to switch between them would be cool though.

You can do that by plugging in two or more webcams into your computer and use a program like XSplit or OBS, I have done it and it is cool. :)

Yeah, I actually have 3 cameras setup for camming and switch between them and/or use PIP. However, I meant the ability for the viewer to switch between views (or even do PIP) so they can control it themselves. Kind of what I had in mind was the ability to seamlessly move between cameras in a similar way to how google street view works. Instead of rotating a fixed point like 360 works, you could "walk around" the model instead with her being the fixed point rather than the camera.

You might want to check out something called AJA U-TAP, this adapter will allow you to convert HDMI output from any camera to USB 3.0 input as webcam. This is not a cheap option but I think it means you can go all out and say hook up a low-noise full-frame DSLR camera like for instance Sony A7S and use DSLR lenses :)

The amount of noise will be primarily determined by sensor size I think. Larger sensor gathers more light to form a single pixel and so produces less noise. Lower resolution sensors are also less noisy generally because the gaps between receptors occupy less relative surface area of the sensor. I'm probably getting a bit too technical at this point but this seems like a fairly technical thread :)

I think there are some cheaper HDMI to USB converters out there too.

Last edited:
Camera quality is def important for the most part, but what you really should focus on, with even the cheaper cameras like a Logitech c270, is lighting. Don't mix different light temperatures like soft incandescent bulbs and daylight bulbs. Light from behind the cameras not in front, try to use soft lighting (like a softbox kit, amazon sells a nice studio lighting kit for 60 bucks) and adjust the gain/exposure on your cam to match your room. My boyfriend and I use to Logitech 920's and have a pretty good quality stream. Eventually going to go with a dslr but happy with the results so far.

Another thing to keep in mind is your PC and Internet too. Your PC should be capable of running and decoding the video quality you are trying to stream and the internet should be able to handle the upstream data it is sending.

Without getting technical now thats the best I can give of advice. If you have questions I can maybe answer please feel free to tag and ask me! :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Status
Not open for further replies.