AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just sounds ignorant and condescending to preach wishing things were different when from a business aspect you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Wow kinda harsh there. Isn't that at least some of the point of these forums to maybe be wrong sometimes and learn through the forums responses that you were and then concede and kinda maybe not get bashed in the head for it. Again apologies. Ow though Faye!

I do find it funny how everyone jumps all over me when I make a mistake, but then when I admit to it, it's cricket silence, just saying. Ya know?

This isn't the first time we've had to have these discussions. They become grating in their repetition.
It also makes members seem like they are trying to educate us poor ignorant models about how our payments work, when we actually understand it all quite well.
Thus, you get snippy responses.

I like how when it's models voluntarily choosing to work on a website that someone else made with no risk of losing money, it's theft, but when it's forcefully taking money from the website to give to models who don't bring in revenue, it's justice. XD

LOL at that article too. It is just what I expected. At one point in the article, the authors says that sure it takes an entrepreneur to get things started but the next obvious evolution is for it to be socialized and the workers to take over! LOL what foolishness. What entrepreneur risks his time and money, just to give his company over to workers? Those aren't favorable terms. Also, they claim that the workers on all the capital! Wrong! The uber model is a capital intensive industry that spends the bulk of its overhead on bring more riders to the business. Simply being one of 1000s of drivers with a car does not make you special, especially when the turnover rate is high, when ANYONE can do this work.

Oh no, they are thieves.

Working for Uber or for MFC is VOLUNTARY. Nobody forces girls to work there. Nobody gives their wallet to a thief willingly.

Camsites create value for us. I could never do what I do without a site bringing in the traffic. I owe 100% of what I make to my camsite's platform, traffic, technology, strategies, and support. Their cut is more than justified.

Sigh, I just want you guys to get what what we tip...whether its 20 bucks or 500.

It's only fair MFC get a cut for providing everything they provide, you could argue they get too high of a % but not that they deserve a %

Also to be fair to MFC they seem to let models advertise other platforms like their own personal websites or manyvids

^ Not sure if that's technically against the rules or not, but if it is they seem to turn a blind eye (unless someone wants to correct me)

I don't like the lazy math. It is bro math at its best, which means that it sucks like the kirby that was mentioned earlier. They go hey, if you only get 0.05 per token now, what if the models takeover MFC and then you will get the exact amount that was paid for tokens. They never factor in the amount of money to run the company! He said I want them to get whatever amount I want to give be it 50 or 900 or something like that. That means that ZERO amount of money is going towards overhead and marketing. Basically he wants the site to go out of business...

It's only fair MFC get a cut for providing everything they provide, you could argue they get too high of a % but not that they deserve a %

Quite right. They do deserve a cut I was just under the impression that they got it from both sides, the members and the models, clearly it was pointed out I was wrong on the subject, which I have no problem with, I support many models on MFC and I would never say MFC doesn't deserve anything on the site, I was wrong about the free platform part of it though along in so much as the models were not getting it for free. When in fact they told me that they are and how they are in fact, getting it for free. Eh I learn something new everyday. I thought the models were getting cut out of some money and didn't understand that it was truly a free platform for them, I was confused and thought I knew what the deal was, I have since seen I was incorrect.

You got me Mikey you found me out.

MFC and any other business that followed your suggestions would go out of business. So you want it as a consequence of your shortsighted ideas for socializing companies because you haven't figured out how to make a profit and keep the business afloat. It might not be your intention but it would be the result of your ideas.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
This isn't the first time we've had to have these discussions. They become grating in their repetition.
It also makes members seem like they are trying to educate us poor ignorant models about how our payments work, when we actually understand it all quite well.
Thus, you get snippy responses.

I understand, again my apologies, it was not my intent, I was confused and incorrect, just leave Indiana Jones out of it please. Thanks!

Wow kinda harsh there. Isn't that at least some of the point of these forums to maybe be wrong sometimes and learn through the forums responses that you were and then concede and kinda maybe not get bashed in the head for it. Again apologies. Ow though Faye!

I was actually just about to post that I think you (not the other commenter in this thread) just seems to be genuinely missing what we are trying to say. It seems like a huge miscommunication more than anything else. Sorry I didn't get around to saying that first.

I was actually just about to post that I think you (not the other commenter in this thread) just seems to be genuinely missing what we are trying to say. It seems like a huge miscommunication more than anything else. Sorry I didn't get around to saying that first.

Your cool, I was the one that had it all fucked up, shoulda just took Amber's word for it in the beg of it all, she knows her stuff more than most. Thanks though!

I cam on them too, sometimes accepting money. And thanks Amber for the threat over an emoticon on one side the issue of wage theft, when both sides are using emoticons. Real mature of you.
She's the administrator of the site. You are on her forum. This is her domain. Don't piss her off, please and thank.

Reactions: eyeteach
She's the administrator of the site. You are on her forum. This is her domain. Don't piss her off, please and thank.

I've adminned plenty of stuff, and never banned anyone for an emoticon disagreement. But speaking of the chill pill emoticon, I did just now take a literal Valium to hasten this benzo withdrawal.

MFC and any other business that followed your suggestions would go out of business. So you want it as a consequence of your shortsighted ideas for socializing companies because you haven't figured out how to make a profit and keep the business afloat. It might not be your intention but it would be the result of your ideas.

I want no one to go out of business, I made a mistake, I was corrected, wanting models to get what I was thinking they were supposed to is not short sited ideas. Just being incorrect in how I thought things worked. No one likes to be wrong but I will say at least I stood up and said I was, I thought I was hitting on a point in my original posts turns out I didn't really have a clue, I do not care that I was corrected in the fact that I feel like and asshole, I was just...wrong and I am glad I was corrected, and I apologize if I offended any model, being wrong and being a dick are two entirely different things though.

• Hugs
Reactions: ExcellaExe
No, they take a percentage of member's payments for tokens.

Just to tally this all up on my end though (and I am not a kiss ass because she is an admin--or THE admin) but she was totally right on this and I was totally wrong she has been here since 2009 and I tend to agree with most of what she posts, I thought I had a point in there somewhere, with it trickling down to the models and I was wrong, simple as that, I was a bit argumentative with her in the first couple of posts because I thought I had a point, turns out I didn't and people corrected me on it, which in hind sight I am sure she knew they would haha. The point being I have taken back my disagreement emoticons on her posts and since changed to agree etc. I do not like to be wrong but also do not like to be the moron that thinks he is right when he is wrong and I like to be informed on what is right not what is wrong. So apologies Amber, I would have just put this in a pm or whatever but I thought it appropriate to put it here instead and plus I hardly ever use it. It is always important to speak up when you are wrong about something instead of just hiding away or arguing on about how you are right when you are clearly wrong, so this is all this post is, again apologies to Amber and to any model if I cam across crass or as and asshat! :asshat: I can take being wrong, I know some people who cannot take being wrong and end up making more of ass of themselves, I do not want to be "that person."

Just to tally this all up on my end though (and I am not a kiss ass because she is an admin--or THE admin) but she was totally right on this and I was totally wrong she has been here since 2009 and I tend to agree with most of what she posts, I thought I had a point in there somewhere, with it trickling down to the models and I was wrong, simple as that, I was a bit argumentative with her in the first couple of posts because I thought I had a point, turns out I didn't and people corrected me on it, which in hind sight I am sure she knew they would haha. The point being I have taken back my disagreement emoticons on her posts and since changed to agree etc. I do not like to be wrong but also do not like to be the moron that thinks he is right when he is wrong and I like to be informed on what is right not what is wrong. So apologies Amber, I would have just put this in a pm or whatever but I thought it appropriate to put it here instead and plus I hardly ever use it. It is always important to speak up when you are wrong about something instead of just hiding away or arguing on about how you are right when you are clearly wrong, so this is all this post is, again apologies to Amber and to any model if I cam across crass or as and asshat! :asshat: I can take being wrong, I know some people who cannot take being wrong and end up making more of ass of themselves, I do not want to be "that person."

That's okay! It shows great strength to admit you were wrong. 10 points Hufflepuff!

I've adminned plenty of stuff, and never banned anyone for an emoticon disagreement. But speaking of the chill pill emoticon, I did just now take a literal Valium to hasten this benzo withdrawal.
Just to clarify, I did not threaten to ban. Just take away your post rating ability since you do not know how to use it properly.

Thank you for rectifying your misspeaking, @Influenced

I think I get what you're trying to say, @monteyfromontario . Co-op businesses are much more sensible, practical, and sustainable than they're given credit for (Google it if you have time; it's fascinating!), but the relationships between the site, models, and customers are fundamentally different from the employer-employee-customer structure, so co-op sites wouldn't really work.

Think of each cam model's chat room like a pub. We have complete control of our menu, presentation, and customer service. The customers check us out, pay for their drinks and food, and tip extra for service. Sometimes an enthusiastic patron will buy a round for everyone. The sites are like little states or provinces, and in order to take advantage of the infrastructure our country provides - sewage, transportation, etc - we need to pay our taxes which, in this case, are based on income. The key difference between Uber and cam sites is that cam sites use in-site currency. We effectively operate like a mini economy. Customers get to choose their models, but they can't choose their Uber drivers.

Let's also remember: 9 out of 10 restaurants close within the first year of opening. Not all cam models are successful, but that's the shitty part of capitalism. There is a place for collective ownership of a "store" in camland. There's a number of model groups that operate like a co-op, and some that are run by an employer. Each group has its own pay structure, and that's up to them, but most of us are solo models so we don't have to consider that.

Make sense?

Wow isn't it so annoying when a model takes time out of their day (every... day... for years...) and uses their personal resources to host and moderate a forum, distribute information, and ensure that public threads have accurate portrayals of how camming works so that said forum can be a useful reference based on the contributions of models who, past and present, actually work on cam sites? tbh @AmberCutie I'm just gonna call you out, I'm not even going to be shy about it... :whew: The weight is lifted. I can't believe some people's nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.