AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, a basic income is long overdue in theory if political stability is of any concern. Over a third of the U.S. and Canada need the security to stop what could only otherwise end in a violent revolution or a police state. But in practice, FDR's third bill of rights would be better, as it has more appeal to what I'd call "American values". Also, lumping all welfare programs into one program like basic income would be too easy for conservatives to eliminate. FDRs hodgepodge of guaranteed necessities programs has much more staying power.

Maybe this needs its own thread or a post in the Daily Thoughts thread? I think this has gotten a bit out to sea...

I'd have to PAY to use the platform (a chair in a salon) while MFC gives it to me for free!

Doesn't MFC take a part of your earnings using their site as a platform? How is that MFC giving anything away for free to their models? Commission etc, whatever it may be, they still take a cut, right? I mean I guess I could be mistaken that they take a cut or commission from their models...

Reactions: monteyfromontario
Doesn't MFC take a part of your earnings using their site as a platform?
No, they take a percentage of member's payments for tokens.

No, they take a percentage of member's payments for tokens.

Right Amber, but you still make less because they do that. 200 tokens turns into a 10 dollar tip for you, as in if they didn't do that it would be the full 20. So the platform is not for free like I thought. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think it's funny people are disagreeing with my post above when that's actually the way that it works though.

Right Amber, but you still make less because they do that. 200 tokens turns into a 10 dollar tip for you, as in if they didn't do that it would be the full 20. So the platform is not for free like I thought. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

If MFC didn't take the cut they did (which Amber is right in saying comes from the member's purchase and not the model's earnings) then models would be earning less, not more. Marketing, a streaming platform, bandwidth, image hosting, payment processing... that all costs money.

Seriously people disagreeing with that are just completely wrong.

I think it's funny people are disagreeing with my post above when that's actually the way that it works though.

I do not disagree that is the way it works them taking a percentage of the members payments for tokens at all, it still works out the same way though as you get half the 200 token tip which if they didn't charge us anything would be 20 dollars to you. It's potato, patoto. If they didn't charge then it would be 20 to both of us. I disagree in the fact that you are losing the money because you would be the one I would be tipping so the loss comes to you in the end 10 instead of 20 which equates to it not being "free" and a platform.

Keep facepalming posts and see how fast your ability to do so vanishes...

A token is worth five cents. 200 tokens tipped to a model is worth $10 USD on her paycheque. The amount paid can vary depending on the token package, but the amount the site pays to models is the same.

Thus, they are taking a fee from the amount paid, and the worth of a tipped token is always $0.05.

I do not disagree that is the way it works them taking a percentage of the members payments for tokens at all, it still works out the same way though as you get half the 200 token tip which if they didn't charge us anything would be 20 dollars to you. It's potato, patoto. If they didn't charge then it would be 20 to both of us. I disagree in the fact that you are losing the money because you would be the one I would be tipping so the loss comes to you in the end 10 instead of 20 which equates to it not being "free" and a platform.

Without MFC there wouldn't be a way for you to tip models and for models to get tipped. Many models try to go completely indie with a skype only business model and fail flat on their face-- Why? Because they don't understand internet marketing and how to draw ppl/traffic. MFC understand this, they get millions of hits per day. It is the difference between running a store at a flea market and the mall! You work your way up to having a store at the mall to be in front of more ppl.

Ultimately models make more money on MFC and all the various cam sites because they can't push the same amount of traffic on their own. Dumb ppl think that it is easy to get that amount of traffic and that is just because they've never ran an internet business.

Why do ppl disagree with ish they don't understand and when they don't get the big picture? Like WTF!

I disagree with MFC being a free platform for models, and I disagree that it is not so black and white as they just charge the members as it bleeds down to the models getting a smaller tip, thus charging them as well in essence and that isn't free. Lol, this is kinda funny cause I am on your side here. However I do not for one second agree that you get the MFC platform for free nor any model. Agree to disagree. Neither of us is going to come to terms on this as far as agreeing, but thats it for me on the subject, I enjoy your shows and respect you to much to really bring my point out any further, been a fan since 2009 a disagreement isn't going to change that, it has always bothered when I ninja in the back of my mind knowing the model doesn't get it all, you see it as them taking 50 percent of our money, and I see it that way as well as in trying to see your point of view, yet it is the same for you getting 50 percent of what would be the full 20, 40, or 10k in tokens.

I disagree with MFC being a free platform for models

When a stripper goes to work she has to pay the House a fee whether or not she earns anything. And on top of that she has to tip the bartenders, the DJ and the bouncers a % of what she made. On a bad night a stripper actually loses money. Camsites are free because no matter what happens you never lose any money. The site does though, it costs them money to keep you streaming on their platform so when you don't make squat they lose money on you. That is a risk they completely absorb. So yeah, camsites are free to use for the model.

Wtf are you smoking @Influenced ?
You can't disagree with a fact.

MFC IS a free platform. I can log onto MFC right now and cam for 24 hours straight if I want to without paying MFC a single penny.
Free. Platform.
You also can create free member accounts. I'm pretty sure that's why they named it free too. Back in the early 2000's live video was mainly available for subscription on other sites. I think someone gave a better example on this earlier.

We can't get what you tip. That's not a fucking possibility, it isn't how websites work. Do you think if we were camming on some website that didn't make anything that there would be traffic or support? MFC makes our incomes possible. They're not thieves and it just sounds ignorant and condescending to preach wishing things were different when from a business aspect you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Sigh, I just want you guys to get what what we tip...whether its 20 bucks or 500. I'll go stand in the corner now, because I am being told I am wrong it seems, all models get the full amount.

Why do you think MFC doesn't deserve any money? If you want a model to actually get an exact intended amount based on the set value that tokens are worth to a model, then just tip more tokens to get to that real world amount! DING DING DING. So if you want to give her $50, then tip 1000 tokens.... What you are truly saying without knowing it is that you want it to be cheaper for you to tip-- Who doesn't!

We can't get what you tip. That's not a fucking possibility, it isn't how websites work. Do you think if we were camming on some website that didn't make anything that there would be traffic or support? MFC makes our incomes possible. They're not thieves and it just sounds ignorant and condescending to preach wishing things were different when from a business aspect you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Oh no, they are thieves. But I only hate the CEO of Uber (another simple web-based company built around convincing people they are "self employed") Kalanik with a much more intense hatred because of the scope of his industry.

https://www.thenation.com/article/socialize-uber/
" Creating worker- and producer-owned cooperatives isn’t new. The Populists used them to respond to the rapid technological changes they faced in the late nineteenth century. Expanding telegraph and railroad systems placed workers at the mercy of terms set by faraway conglomerates. The Populist John Willits once said that the word cooperation “means more to us than any other word in the English language.” In a worker cooperative, profits stay within the firm and the workers themselves say what managerial decisions need to be carried out."

• Wat?!
Reactions: EspiKvlt and Mila_
Also, posting Indiana Jones gifs isn't helping your argument, no matter how many times you post it.

I posted it once. The second one was by accident it is gone. I concede, I have been shown the light! You guys work for the site, apparently I am misguided, I thought charging us meant charging you guys in the end of it all, trickle down etc ...be gentle. Shade as in a previous post I want you guys to make the most you can from a tip we wouldn't buy it if we didn't, so chill out a little bit, I am not perfect, everyone makes mistakes, and what do you have against Indiana Jones! How dare ye!

Oh no, they are thieves. But I only hate the CEO of Uber Kalanik particularly because of the scope of his industry.

https://www.thenation.com/article/socialize-uber/
" Creating worker- and producer-owned cooperatives isn’t new. The Populists used them to respond to the rapid technological changes they faced in the late nineteenth century. Expanding telegraph and railroad systems placed workers at the mercy of terms set by faraway conglomerates. The Populist John Willits once said that the word cooperation “means more to us than any other word in the English language.” In a worker cooperative, profits stay within the firm and the workers themselves say what managerial decisions need to be carried out."

You can't socialize Uber, you have to either buy it or create your own version. Now get a bunch of drivers without tech skills, without internet marketing skills, without budgets to advertise on TV and radio to get their new socialized Uber wannabe company and it will fall flat on its feet.

You are trying to piggyback on the success of an industry, rewrite the terms, without the disruptors who make such companies and industries possible. That is typical of ppl who have never ran a successful business, who have never created something of economic value, they never get why company owners deserve a right to profit! A good question for you is how much should Uber or MFC earn? Businesses are created for profit, not to create jobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.