AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the nickel comment as a joke. I've been assuming that dude is intentionally trying to annoy in this thread because he knows how easy it is to get a rise out of some. Dude is working marks left and right with his trolling.

I took the nickel comment as a joke. I've been assuming that dude is intentionally trying to annoy in this thread because he knows how easy it is to get a rise out of some. Dude is working marks left and right with his trolling.
They is some folks wound up, ain't no doubt about that.

The level of butt hurt is always amazing. I could write that I sneezed while the model was at her climax and someone would have an issue with me for not stopping my sneeze. 'Hold it in and respect that vulnerable model, she is doing this for your entertainment.'

There's no getting through to some people. Thanks for giving me the chance to press several poop ratings.

Since we're MOVING ON TO OTHER DISCUSSIONS (enough beating the damn horse plzkkthxbai), this one ranks pretty high on my list right now: Regarding MFC profiles...

Since we're MOVING ON TO OTHER DISCUSSIONS (enough beating the damn horse plzkkthxbai), this one ranks pretty high on my list right now: Regarding MFC profiles...

I hate empty profiles-- Ones without pics, those without a tip menu and especially those that are just the MFC default. Also when they just use some sort of template and are too lazy to actually add content.

And holy cow the last few pages...

That is so above and beyond rude to pretty much ignore someone who is putting on a show. This reminds me of this god awful member I used to have who used to shit in chat every single time the room started picking up and having fun. He always had to turn it into being about himself and his own interests and NO ONE CARED. If you just want to chat about whatever there are zillions of other places on the internet to do that, and you don't have to do it in a place that is taking away time and attention from everyone else who wants to enjoy the company of a camgirl.

And hell, if you like being the one who chooses the topics or talking about yourself so much, join a camsite and start broadcasting on your own.

And holy cow the last few pages...

That is so above and beyond rude to pretty much ignore someone who is putting on a show. This reminds me of this god awful member I used to have who used to shit in chat every single time the room started picking up and having fun. He always had to turn it into being about himself and his own interests and NO ONE CARED. If you just want to chat about whatever there are zillions of other places on the internet to do that, and you don't have to do it in a place that is taking away time and attention from everyone else who wants to enjoy the company of a camgirl.

And hell, if you like being the one who chooses the topics or talking about yourself so much, join a camsite and start broadcasting on your own.

Does your post really cover what happened or my involvement in the model being ignored? You all can't make me GAF about how rude it is to make a show possible but then have someone come in and everyone finding that guy's name interesting so we chatted about his job and what we all have done in the same industry. The model didn't GAF, she got paid and then she stopped being the center of attention for several minutes-- I'm sure she died from that ish!

I'll make sure I will drop all of you in this thread a nickel too!!!

Not a fan of masks. Not a fan at all.

Regarding profiles: I have to say I fall into the "uses basic MFC template" category. I have photos up but other than that it's nothing special. Predominantly because despite what some would think, not all of us are skilled(of even adequately proficient) at the fancy stuff with computers. It's actually a wonder that I manage as much as I have on my profile given my being a tech-tard. And to those who will say "there are lots of people and services you can pay to do that" some of us don't have the extra income to justify spending on something that, in my opinion, isn't as important as other investments into my work. I feel that although fancy profiles are nice, it's my personality and other aspects of me while I'm online that make more of a difference with people and are more important than a tricked out profile. Eh. But everyone has their preference I suppose as far as what really matters.

So this wasn't recent, maybe few weeks ago. In a model's room. Tipped her for some flashes, initiated some conversation, basic flirty small talk, some questions. All is well, but....I'm the only one in the room at this point. My tokens were hidden, but my reward points show that I got plenty more where that came from. But like, no initiative on her end to keep the conversation flowing. I even let a few minutes pass...still nobody else besides me. Nothing. No questions, no flirty talk, hell no input besides responding half-ass. I was thinking about getting a private too, but it was just a complete turn off. Work for it a little ya know? I just left.

Camming 101: Show SOME interest in your customers. Even at face value it's appreciated.

I may as well have been talking to a wall. Sucks because she was kinda cute, oh well.

Regarding the profiles: With how few people even read them, I cannot justify spending money to have someone make one for me.

Every single night at least 10 people ask me questions that are answered in my profile. Conclusion: it just isn't that important.

Even after being a male cammer for 4+ years, the following still annoys me as a customer/user:
1. A cammer not following through with something promised to a specific user in PM when the user paid hundreds
2. A model getting offended about single token tips (it's just playing around while we gauge if we want to tip big amounts)
3. Initiating a random convo with a user and complaining about the conversation not leading to some sort of tip
4. Expecting that a user read the profile (some sites hide the profiles pretty well, and camsite etiquette takes users a long time to learn, plus all the blood going away from the brain doesn't steer people toward profiles first thing)
5. A model doing something with another user or chatroom during a private

The largest, really, is just any cammer complaining about not getting tipped. I can understand getting angry on the inside if you think of camming as a job. But... I learned as a cammer not to think of it as a job after the first day..

I can understand getting angry on the inside if you think of camming as a job. But... I learned as a cammer not to think of it as a job after the first day..

lolwut

it is literally my job

Even after being a male cammer for 4+ years, the following still annoys me as a customer/user:
1. A cammer not following through with something promised to a specific user in PM when the user paid hundreds
2. A model getting offended about single token tips (it's just playing around while we gauge if we want to tip big amounts)
3. Initiating a random convo with a user and complaining about the conversation not leading to some sort of tip
4. Expecting that a user read the profile (some sites hide the profiles pretty well, and camsite etiquette takes users a long time to learn, plus all the blood going away from the brain doesn't steer people toward profiles first thing)
5. A model doing something with another user or chatroom during a private

The largest, really, is just any cammer complaining about not getting tipped. I can understand getting angry on the inside if you think of camming as a job. But... I learned as a cammer not to think of it as a job after the first day..

2. But how many single token tips are we talking? 1 or 2? or like 10-20-100-yellow wall? Even as a member I hate seeing dudes just drop tons of single token tips. It seems like a cheapskate attention whore thing to do because usually a model politely says thank you after every tip and so it seems like tons of single token tips is just an effort to troll her.

4. After 4+ years how does it upset you when someone wants you to view a profile? Literally is the first thing I do before I even go into a model's room. Most have rules, menu items, and other goodies that give you a feel of the model before you even "meet" them. And generally lots of answers to questions can be found on this magical page of information.

I can understand getting angry on the inside if you think of camming as a job. But... I learned as a HOBBYcammer not to think of it as a job after the first day..
FTFY

Because an actual cammer does think of this as their job.

That's what is is. In actuality. Literally.

And a site sticker on the cams where the girl is using the site as a major source of income.

That should just... Be the assumption. Because that's what a huge percentage of models are doing.

Since we're MOVING ON TO OTHER DISCUSSIONS ... Regarding MFC profiles...

I guess one of my bigger gripes with profiles is when a model has galleries that clearly are for sale, but nowhere on the profile (or in her chat) are there listings for the prices or suggested amounts. What that kind of tells me is that the model isn't interested in making money off of those galleries. Second to that, I guess would be when there is a price but it's some outlandish level like tens of thousands of tokens; why even make the content, you might get two guys in a year to buy it at that level

Reactions: Tracerhead
why even make the content, you might get two guys in a year to buy it at that level

But then you've made 20,000+ tokens and significantly cut down on the number of potential leakers seeing it. I've always been a quantity over quality model (sell more vids for cheap vs sell less vids for more) but if I thought I could pull it off, I'd absolutely rather charge higher prices and sell to less people. Seems smart. The air of exclusivity is a big selling point too.

I looked at new my followers on Twitter last night. I see a few new camgirl followers who seem cool, and follow them back. This morning I wake up to this auto-tweet dm, and one less follower.

"Hello Ann_Sulu19! Thank you so much for your follow. I appreciate all of the support and I wouldn't be able to do it without you. I'm constantly posting new deals and content, so feel free to check it out! xoxo"

Granted I know there's a crazy Twitter bug that unfollows people at random, but if nothing else it annoys me to wake up to an auto-tweet dm, especially if I can't even respond to it.

There should be a minumum wage for ya'll. And a site sticker on the cams where the girl is using the site as a major source of income.

On what grounds? You don't see other businesses with stickers that say "MAIN INCOME" or "WE PAY OUR EMPLOYEES MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICES". You gotta be dense if you didn't think "Hey, I just watched this girl probably make $300 in two hours. This must be her job." Why does this matter? Is it because we take making money too seriously sometimes? As a cammodel under your belt you should know when your earnings are commission based and have some insight.

On what grounds? You don't see other businesses with stickers that say "MAIN INCOME" or "WE PAY OUR EMPLOYEES MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICES". You gotta be dense if you didn't think "Hey, I just watched this girl probably make $300 in two hours. This must be her job." Why does this matter? Is it because we take making money too seriously sometimes? As a cammodel under your belt you should know when your earnings are commission based and have some insight.

I told myself I wouldn't argue on this thread so I'll clarify. I don't beleive in the customer vs. model mentality. I believe in the site owner vs. model mentality. Comission and independent contractor arrangements are not necessary exploitations. Cam sites built on a profit model (I think all of them) should imo go the route of a subscription based servixe and provide paid models a minimum wage. If any profit driven camsite that pays models cannot afford to do that, they shouldn't exist or offer any other precarious payment.

Same goes for Kirby vacuum and other sales jobs, resteraunts, strip joints, whatever. It's the business owners job to pay the employees a fair amount. That's not the customer's job. And it shouldn't be the employees job to, for example, buy business equipment make up for subpar or nonexistent wages etc

It's the business owners job to pay the employees a fair amount.
We aren't the employees of the cam site. We are simply using their platform to provide service to members. Service the members pay us for.

Hell, if I was a hair stylist, I'd have to PAY to use the platform (a chair in a salon) while MFC gives it to me for free! And restaurants, sales jobs do pay a wage, but most of those employees income is on commissions/tips.

It probably is better that you take your own advice and don't argue on this thread, as you're all over the place with your misinformation.

I told myself I wouldn't argue on this thread so I'll clarify. I don't beleive in the customer vs. model mentality. I believe in the site owner vs. model mentality. Comission and independent contractor arrangements are not necessary exploitations. Cam sites built on a profit model (I think all of them) should imo go the route of a subscription based servixe and provide paid models a minimum wage. If any profit driven camsite that pays models cannot afford to do that, they shouldn't exist or offer any other precarious payment.

Same goes for Kirby vacuum and other sales jobs, resteraunts, strip joints, whatever. It's the business owners job to pay the employees a fair amount. That's not the customer's job. And it shouldn't be the employees job to, for example, buy business equipment make up for subpar or nonexistent wages etc

MFC seems to run a business that is mutually beneficial for all parties-- MFC creates the venue owns the infrastructure, handles general site marketing that brings ppl to the site and gives models, who are independent contractors a place where they can make a decent living if they are willing to work and market themselves-- Also if they have the right personality, look and work ethic.

A subscription based site wouldn't work as well as MFC, LOL the name of the company is my free cams and that is one of the reason it became so successful. Non-paying dudes and first timer viewers are able to hop in and discover something they like without paying. Models don't deserve a minimum wage, it is up to them to make a living. Also to the idea that the customers shouldn't pay-- That is a bit foolish and it is the difference between working at a fast food joint making minimum wage and working at a restaurant where you can actually make it out of poverty. The tip model structure pays the models more in the long run. A minimum wage would give the company more room to cheat the model and spoof the tip percentages. Also, why would you pay a model who isn't bringing in any money or enough to afford a minimum wage? That is just poor math skills and bad business! There are models who go hours without even making any money-- Why would MFC or any other camming site pay a non-earner? Also the nature of being an independent contractor is that it is up to you to make money, not depend on a base wage.

I think that models just need a better way to navigate slow times and the anger of not being tipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.