AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the topic: bragging about how much money you've made... When I think about this :think: and this might sound kinda lame, but I'm from Louisiana... I guess part of the way I was raised down here had a lot to do with manners, and I guess talking about money (how much you have/made etc..) I was pretty much taught that it's polite to not brag about that kinda thing because that's a very personal matter.

And I do agree with the fact that if members are supporting you then they should be happy for you, but then again... It's just a never a good thing to brag about your income. I guess it just depends on how the model says it and her attitude as well.

:twocents-02cents:

Models should be able to take pride in what they have achieved tho, right? If they worked really hard and are proud of what they have accomplished I see no problem in patting themselves on the back. Just have to be able to do it in a proper manner. I'm happy my hard work paid off or I'm proud of myself for what I have accomplished shouldn't bother people.

PunkInDrublic said:
Models should be able to take pride in what they have achieved tho, right? If they worked really hard and are proud of what they have accomplished I see no problem in patting themselves on the back. Just have to be able to do it in a proper manner. I'm happy my hard work paid off or I'm proud of myself for what I have accomplished shouldn't bother people.
yes. but there is definitely a way to say, "wow this has been the best month ever for me and I'm so grateful for all your support!" instead of "I made X amount this month"
pay to me shouldn't be discussed in any work place. it's really not useful for information to the people who tip you. saying that you're X amount from goal is different than saying I've only made X and I want to make Y. it's all about the approach imo.

housewifeswag said:
PunkInDrublic said:
yes. but there is definitely a way to say, "wow this has been the best month ever for me and I'm so grateful for all your support!" instead of "I made X amount this month"
pay to me shouldn't be discussed in any work place. it's really not useful for information to the people who tip you. saying that you're X amount from goal is different than saying I've only made X and I want to make Y. it's all about the approach imo.

There are times where discussion of pay is vital in the workplace. Discussion of pay allows for workers to have an accurate assessment of what the role they do pays both in terms of the industry and at their current place of employment. It's also vital for determining discrimination in the work place. Like anything there are tactful ways to handle it and untactful ways of discussing it. Quite often the idea is thrown about that it causes unnecessary drama in the workplace but the real reasons companies attempt to enforce policies like this is to keep wages down. This isn't as germane to camming in general but the idea that workers in other fields shouldn't discuss it is a toxic one.

I didn't see the cam model make the statement, I'm not even sure who it was. They may have been completely lacking in tact and I'm passing no judgement there. With various service and independent contracting roles it can have different consequences then other fields. But the idea that one shouldn't ever discuss pay is a really terrible one and it needs to die.

I'm not saying models shouldn't discuss it amongst themselves because we do and that's understandable. I was more so referencing saying how much you've made or how much a certain spot makes. It puts models in an uncomfortable situation.

hontom said:
housewifeswag said:
PunkInDrublic said:

There are times where discussion of pay is vital in the workplace. Discussion of pay allows for workers to have an accurate assessment of what the role they do pays both in terms of the industry and at their current place of employment. It's also vital for determining discrimination in the work place. Like anything there are tactful ways to handle it and untactful ways of discussing it. Quite often the idea is thrown about that it causes unnecessary drama in the workplace but the real reasons companies attempt to enforce policies like this is to keep wages down. This isn't as germane to camming in general but the idea that workers in other fields shouldn't discuss it is a toxic one.

I didn't see the cam model make the statement, I'm not even sure who it was. They may have been completely lacking in tact and I'm passing no judgement there. With various service and independent contracting roles it can have different consequences then other fields. But the idea that one shouldn't ever discuss pay is a really terrible one and it needs to die.

There's a difference between employees making sure they're making a fair wage by having an idea about how much others in the same position make vs. bragging about how much you make.

I know that a guy at my work made roughly $80k last year when we were discussing taxes, but at the same time I also know he's been there for years more than me and that he often works between 10-16 hours a week overtime. He was discussing how he and his wife split claiming their kids to just try and break even, so he wasn't bragging.

Compare that to someone letting everyone know they just got a raise, very loudly, at every opportunity.

I just got a raise, but besides my brother (who works there), and the aforementioned other employee (because he knew I was planning on leaving last year before my heart attack for a job that paid far better than what I made), and my production manager, no one else is aware that I got a raise. Besides my production manager, because he had the paperwork to give me, not even my brother or the other employee know exactly how much of a raise it was. And I don't feel it's anyone's business that I got a raise.

hontom said:
housewifeswag said:
PunkInDrublic said:

When I worked at Victoria's Secret, I got a Very Serious talking-to because I off-handedly mentioned how much I made to a coworker once. I made $1.75 more than anyone else for NO REASON, and they gave me far fewer hours than everyone else - I'd get 1 day a week when people with the same skill level but only making minimum wage were getting three days a week. Apparently, it was Very Against The Rules to tell each other how much we made. If it's that taboo to tell your coworkers how much you make, it should NEVER be mentioned to your customers.

At my current office job, we only mention pay when we're bitching to each other about how indecently tiny our raises have been. We work for a financial giant, and we're lucky to get 20-cent raises some years. Last year, mine was six cents. Meanwhile, we get emails from the CEO about how well the company's doing - unless you're going to share that with more than just the top guys, US peons don't wanna hear it.

SaffronBurke said:
When I worked at Victoria's Secret, I got a Very Serious talking-to because I off-handedly mentioned how much I made to a coworker once. I made $1.75 more than anyone else for NO REASON, and they gave me far fewer hours than everyone else - I'd get 1 day a week when people with the same skill level but only making minimum wage were getting three days a week. Apparently, it was Very Against The Rules to tell each other how much we made. If it's that taboo to tell your coworkers how much you make, it should NEVER be mentioned to your customers.

At my current office job, we only mention pay when we're bitching to each other about how indecently tiny our raises have been. We work for a financial giant, and we're lucky to get 20-cent raises some years. Last year, mine was six cents. Meanwhile, we get emails from the CEO about how well the company's doing - unless you're going to share that with more than just the top guys, US peons don't wanna hear it.

Well, Victoria's Secret was wrong in that case - they could be in big trouble if anyone reported them for that: employees have a right to self-organize (yay for union-related laws) and in some states there's laws that protect the right of employees to discuss their compensation with each other (more details in this article ).

This article made the rounds at my job and as a result people started discussing their salaries/benefits packages.. And we found *a lot* of issues that now HR has promised to fix (after lots of grumbling from them about all of us discussing compensation and trying to hush it, but then backing off once we pointed out all the laws that protect us :D )

When a model decides to bash other models and doesn't think they'll find out...... :angry4:

I wont say something obvious, but personal

Sometimes I don't like a models room because I don't like the regulars and the style of chat they have cultivated

An example being where it reminds me of the lounge, everyone talking in emotes

If someone actually uses words and makes a semi joke "Nice hat" the room for the next 5 minutes is dozens of people putting laughing emotes like ":loll *name"*

Another personal example that I don't like is where the members talking are very "kawaii", instead of emotes they put o_O and ^_^ etc "hey cutieeeee ^_^"

Grown men talking cutesie like that I just find.. hmm

ps. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the above, I understand people are into different things, they're just examples of styles of conversations that I personally don't find enjoyable.

I just thought of a real life example actually

My group of friends years ago started merging with another group of people, one night I went to the pub with just a couple of people from the new group, the first thing they said was "who do you think would win a fight, a ninja or a pirate?" then proceeded to discuss at length

I knew straight away, fuck, this was a mistake lol.

I don't know if someone has said this yet since I can't read all 79 pages, but it really bothers me when girls eat on cam. If someone has a food fetish and tips for it is one thing, but it's just not sexy when you're eating lucky charms and trying to twerk.

sparkyrose said:
I don't know if someone has said this yet since I can't read all 79 pages, but it really bothers me when girls eat on cam. If someone has a food fetish and tips for it is one thing, but it's just not sexy when you're eating lucky charms and trying to twerk.

I don't have a problem with models eating on cam, as long as it's not in the middle of a show or something. Most of the time I see models eat on cam it's after they've done a show and are just chilling in the room and talking.

Also, are you talking about a specific model when you say Lucky Charms? Because there's a model whose room I frequent who had Lucky Charms on cam twice last week.

sparkyrose said:

Not all of us are all about "sexy" every minute we're on cam. My regulars love hanging out with me while I eat dinner, or will order me pizza. I'm a small gal and none of them are into food fetishes. They just like seeing me be a real person.

:handgestures-salute:

sparkyrose said:

Sometimes you're on cam for a long time and need to eat. Or sometimes you just wanna eat. I'm definitley not sexy the WHOLE time I'm on cam, a lot of my cam time is spent bonding and hanging out with my regs. That includes eating. I've had days where some of my regs were eating on their ends, it was kinda like some pseudo dinner party. :lol:

sparkyrose said:

This was a great thread from a little bit ago about this subject

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17006&hilit=eating+on+cam

I could see why someone may view it as a turnoff, but I've actually never had a problem with it.

hapa74 said:
sparkyrose said:

This was a great thread from a little bit ago about this subject

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17006&hilit=eating+on+cam

I could see why someone may view it as a turnoff, but I've actually never had a problem with it.

Thanks Hapa! I knew we'd talked about it somewhat recently but I couldn't remember if it was its own thread or if had been discussed at length here. :thumbleft:

Reactions: hapa74
sparkyrose said:

Sometimes in my room we socialize and eat snacks.
Obviously I dont cram my face full munching on chips and talking with my mouthful, but if Im on cam 3+ hours I need to eat something. Otherwise I get jittery and panicked, then I DEFINITELY can't be sexy and fun. Signing out to eat doesnt work, because then it will take me hours more to build the room back up. :shrug

Im also normal-sized any sort of food fetish.

Jessi said:
sparkyrose said:

Sometimes in my room we socialize and eat snacks.
Obviously I dont cram my face full munching on chips and talking with my mouthful, but if Im on cam 3+ hours I need to eat something. Otherwise I get jittery and panicked, then I DEFINITELY can't be sexy and fun. Signing out to eat doesnt work, because then it will take me hours more to build the room back up. :shrug

Im also normal-sized any sort of food fetish.

Yeah, I tend to disagree with that one. Eating on cam in general isn't much of a problem for me. I tend to think most of the times I've been in the room when the model grabbed some food and ate, it created a nice atmosphere. Kind of like were just out on a date for lunch. I always thought of it as pleasant.

And if the model's doing a cooking show, then eating on cam is almost required isn't it?

sparkyrose said:

Yikes. Depending on how long you're on cam for, it gets difficult to go that whole time without eating. Five hours without food and I'm going to start having a hard time, especially if it was another hour or two between my last meal and when I started.

Eating doesn't bother me in the slightest, I can't say I even really notice if a model is eating or not.

Burping doesn't bother me either

Farting does bother me; I once saw a model repeatedly fart and say "oo sorry, squeaky floorboards" giggling to herself.. I was disgusted :snooty:

Yeah, we had a discussion about that a while ago.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=17006

Most members don't mind. Eating is a natural part of life, and is something all members and models have in common. With that said, some people don't like being filmed or photographed or even watched while eating. On the other hand, some make a living doing nothing but eating on camera.

I've been guilty of bad lighting on the regular and I'll be the first to admit it can be difficult when your trying to get the right light in your room. You can't deny the importance in good light for a pleasurable show.

I think a cam girl that can't take constructive criticism is only kidding themselves

The other day I observed a cam girl going ape shit on a member that was offering kind suggestions about her light situation. Remember theres a big difference with someone offering constructive criticism and being helpful.

B8-IeZDIgAECns7.jpg

Excuse me while I sit in my pile of tokens and eat.

(disclaimer - i get eating on cam is not everyones thing. Personal preferences are cool. I do just want people to be aware that there may be reasons for models making the decision to eat on cam. It might alienate a few members by not being sexy.. But i think its a very personal thing, and would ask you to remember that not all models are trying to push a sexual vibe every minute in their room. I was recently told i was unprofessional for eating on cam. I thought it was very professional of me to work through a 9 hour shift on cam. There were people tipping in my room who i knew had tokens to spend and fully intended to spend them on whosever room they landed in that they liked. They were in my room, and so I was in my room. I ate two meals on cam, and walked away with over a grand. that person can Kiss my ass)

Miss_Lollipop said:
B8-IeZDIgAECns7.jpg

Excuse me while I sit in my pile of tokens and eat.

(disclaimer - i get eating on cam is not everyones thing. Personal preferences are cool. I do just want people to be aware that there may be reasons for models making the decision to eat on cam. It might alienate a few members by not being sexy.. But i think its a very personal thing, and would ask you to remember that not all models are trying to push a sexual vibe every minute in their room. I was recently told i was unprofessional for eating on cam. I thought it was very professional of me to work through a 9 hour shift on cam. There were people tipping in my room who i knew had tokens to spend and fully intended to spend them on whosever room they landed in that they liked. They were in my room, and so I was in my room. I ate two meals on cam, and walked away with over a grand. that person can Kiss my ass)

Miss_Lollipop said:
I was recently told i was unprofessional for eating on cam.

:roll:

At a normal job you'd have lunch breaks which were included in your paid hours :roll:
We can't always afford to take a break and lose our momentum.

If you have a chatroom of members who are tipping for your time, ditching them and forgoing that income seems more unprofessional.

This might not be a popular one, but I'm not a fan of wigs

The occasional "I'm dressing up so I'm wearing a wig" of course fine, no problem

But always wearing a wig, in a serious way, sitting there in a wig like you aren't wearing a wig.. that's a wig.

• Funny!
Reactions: PiperFinn
LilahMorrigan said:
sparkyrose said:

Not all of us are all about "sexy" every minute we're on cam. My regulars love hanging out with me while I eat dinner, or will order me pizza. I'm a small gal and none of them are into food fetishes. They just like seeing me be a real person.

:handgestures-salute:

Most guys honestly don't care. If I'm hungry, I'll take a break and make something, then eat while I wait for a private. I've literally been taken private mid-pbj before. :thumbleft:

Sometimes, if my room is slow, quiet or just chilled and relaxed I will have lunch on cam. Nine times out of ten my room then fills up!

And wigs? It depends very much on the wig. A $10 wig will always look like a $10 wig. During chemo I wore $500 wigs and to get used to them wore them on cam before I lost my own hair. The only guy who knew it was the guy who I told in PM because he had paid for one of them. Why, though, anyone would wear one if they didn't have to is beyond me. Sooo annoying to have something on your head.

Back on topic, I was disappointed when I saw a model brag big time about how much she is making. Especially as in doing so she made public a lot of private tippers.

Azhrarn said:
There's a million annoying things that models do, but I would say the most annoying is allowing someone else to control her room.
For some models, that would be an improvement though.... some just lack the personality to do what needs to be done to run their own room stressfree.

Status
Not open for further replies.