AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not a fan of 'at X rank Y' topics, especially towards the end of the month and especially when the model is in the top 100 near the end of the month. Make it doubly bad if the Y at X rank is something minor like a side boob (ok, maybe an exaggeration there, but you get the point).

One fairly popular model had this sort of topic the other day in the top 100. She wanted to move up 4 spots for topless. Now, this late in the month, it is much harder to move up within the top 100. Depending on what rank a model is when asking for something like this, this could be asking for 10k or more tokens for a topic she probably charges a lot less for, normally. She actually dropped a rank that I noticed when hitting the menu button on her icon on the home page.

Even top 200 can be a lot harder to move around in towards the end of the month.

It just feels like a money grab where the model has resigned herself that she doesn't have to offer anything in return for tips if she doesn't reach that desired rank. Made 3k? 5k? 10k? 'Well, sorry guys, we didn't hit that rank! But thanks for all those tips to try! I'll just keep sitting here until we hit that rank.' And, yes, she pretty much seemed to be just sitting there when looking at the preview; as for conversation etc. I don't know, I didn't go in, but her position barely changed.

It's obviously even worse at the top 50, top 20 and top 10 ranks to move up in rank; so putting up topics like that at those ranks is really just saying 'throw money at me!'

I have to say I agree with this. If the model has a countdown going on on the side or other things to tip for that's different of course. But x at rank y can really be hit or miss for members. She might be tens of thousands of tokens away from the rank... or maybe 1000 tokens.

UncleThursday said:
Definitely not a fan of 'at X rank Y' topics, especially towards the end of the month and especially when the model is in the top 100 near the end of the month. Make it doubly bad if the Y at X rank is something minor like a side boob (ok, maybe an exaggeration there, but you get the point).

One fairly popular model had this sort of topic the other day in the top 100. She wanted to move up 4 spots for topless. Now, this late in the month, it is much harder to move up within the top 100. Depending on what rank a model is when asking for something like this, this could be asking for 10k or more tokens for a topic she probably charges a lot less for, normally. She actually dropped a rank that I noticed when hitting the menu button on her icon on the home page.

Even top 200 can be a lot harder to move around in towards the end of the month.

It just feels like a money grab where the model has resigned herself that she doesn't have to offer anything in return for tips if she doesn't reach that desired rank. Made 3k? 5k? 10k? 'Well, sorry guys, we didn't hit that rank! But thanks for all those tips to try! I'll just keep sitting here until we hit that rank.' And, yes, she pretty much seemed to be just sitting there when looking at the preview; as for conversation etc. I don't know, I didn't go in, but her position barely changed.

It's obviously even worse at the top 50, top 20 and top 10 ranks to move up in rank; so putting up topics like that at those ranks is really just saying 'throw money at me!'

I've seen this in the Top 5 ranks in February of this year. Normally, I'm happy to contribute my little bit of tokens, because I know it'll chip at whatever countdown is going on. However, I have no desire to tip for a topic like that late in the game. It's almost futile to bother.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Saw a model yesterday make her goal for a "Huge squirt in mouth" show, but she decided to take a group show first, leaving her members that tipped for said show in limbo for at least 5 minutes.

When she came back from group, she was totally drenched in her own fluids and surprised some of her previous tippers had left. Then she asks for a yellow wall before she does the show that was all ready paid for. To make things worse... she almost took another private show first, but the members really started griping. When she finally got around to doing the show, she was barely able to get a trickle to come out.

Not exactly a good way to gain loyal regulars.

Bocefish said:
Saw a model yesterday make her goal for a "Huge squirt in mouth" show, but she decided to take a group show first, leaving her members that tipped for said show in limbo for at least 5 minutes.

When she came back from group, she was totally drenched in her own fluids and surprised some of her previous tippers had left. Then she asks for a yellow wall before she does the show that was all ready paid for. To make things worse... she almost took another private show first, but the members really started griping. When she finally got around to doing the show, she was barely able to get a trickle to come out.

Not exactly a good way to gain loyal regulars.
WTF is a squirt in mouth show?

DuoShi said:
UncleThursday said:

I've seen this in the Top 5 ranks in February of this year. Normally, I'm happy to contribute my little bit of tokens, because I know it'll chip at whatever countdown is going on. However, I have no desire to tip for a topic like that late in the game. It's almost futile to bother.

Ive had good luck with these sorts of countdown, but usually for modest increments like 150-100. And I didnt do "nothing" for the tips, there was still dancing, nudity, videos, my time, etc. I think this only works for small ranks and if you're prepared to really put the time in for it.

I think it's fine to announce a "Top N" goal at the start of the month, and I don't mind the (occasional) general "Help me move up" plea, but the ones I find most annoying are:
  • a "Whoever gets me to #X wins Y" topic
  • a "Get me to #X" topic from someone who's only working the last day or so of the month

However, rank-based topics seem to be very effective for many models at the top, so I can't really blame models for continuing to use them. I don't know if they really work for attracting new members but as long as it's not turning off regulars ...

bsurs said:
I think it's fine to announce a "Top N" goal at the start of the month, and I don't mind the (occasional) general "Help me move up" plea, but the ones I find most annoying are:
  • [*]a "Whoever gets me to #X wins Y" topic
  • a "Get me to #X" topic from someone who's only working the last day or so of the month

However, rank-based topics seem to be very effective for many models at the top, so I can't really blame models for continuing to use them. I don't know if they really work for attracting new members but as long as it's not turning off regulars ...

The bolded seems a bit unfair. Rank doesn't update immediately so you don't really know who's tip pushed you over the edge. :/

"I'm not getting any tips so i have to log off to protect my camscore" type comments when in reality they are getting tips, just not the amount they want. At least pretend like you appreciate the contributions you did get if you want people to tip in the future.

Reactions: eclipse76
RainyDayGuy said:
"I'm not getting any tips so i have to log off to protect my camscore" type comments when in reality they are getting tips, just not the amount they want. At least pretend like you appreciate the contributions you did get if you want people to tip in the future.
Did she not thank the tips she received? Logging off to protect your CS is a very valid reason for leaving. It does not make someone unappreciative, it's just a smart business move. I think saying "I'm not getting any tips," is just an over exaggeration. I usually say that after only getting tipped twice in an hour. Sure, I got two tips and I'm claiming I didn't get any. But again, it's just an over exaggeration. You don't have to specify the amount of tips you've received, that's even more humiliating.

UncleThursday said:

I so RARELY do a top 100 run but when I do I absolutely LOVE doing ranking number countdowns for shows but after the first two weeks it's just not feasible or fair anymore IMO... for me! I can not speak on behalf of any other models room.
Something I love doing is setting a ranking goal/token countdown that works like a race. If the normal token show goal is reached first the show happens, but if the rank goal is met first the show happens for a discount! It's kind of a fun way to get people excited for ranking numbers while having the opposite effect of what you are describing and members experience rank number as a discount, not a gouge. It's being on everyday and maintaining a rank that will make the month a success, but realistically I do not have to do more than my average daily goal everyday to achieve that... just have to work more and harder so it seems silly to me to charge more for my shows.
But I've never aimed for more than top 100... did top 50 once but only because partially through the month we just kind of ended up there.

There is no point to this other than to share my experience.

PlayboyMegan said:
RainyDayGuy said:
Did she not thank the tips she received? Logging off to protect your CS is a very valid reason for leaving. It does not make someone unappreciative, it's just a smart business move. I think saying "I'm not getting any tips," is just an over exaggeration. I usually say that after only getting tipped twice in an hour. Sure, I got two tips and I'm claiming I didn't get any. But again, it's just an over exaggeration. You don't have to specify the amount of tips you've received, that's even more humiliating.

Like Megan said, the "not getting any tips" is probably just poor wording.
The total amount is what affects the camscore, if I am no where near my average I thank the members who tipped me but I just cant' stay online. Usually when I see models do this they're grateful and apologetic to the members who tried, they can't really expect the model to stay online and take a ding if shes not earning what she needs to.

PlayboyMegan said:
RainyDayGuy said:

It's true, it's an over-exaggeration, but you have to be conscious of the impact your words have. If somebody who doesn't have a lot to tip gives you a tip that seems like a big deal to them, and then you turn around and say "Nobody's tipping me," that stings. You've just completely dismissed their tip. He's thinking "Hey, thanks for calling me nobody. In the future, I'll go tip somebody else who at least pretends to consider me a human being." In your mind it may be an exaggeration, but in his mind it's a slap in the face.

Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
RainyDayGuy said:

Like Megan said, the "not getting any tips" is probably just poor wording.
The total amount is what affects the camscore, if I am no where near my average I thank the members who tipped me but I just cant' stay online. Usually when I see models do this they're grateful and apologetic to the members who tried, they can't really expect the model to stay online and take a ding if shes not earning what she needs to.

It is poor wording and I tend to be a stickler for such things. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also, one should know their audience. Men tend to be sensitive to women complaining about the size of their tip. And we certainly don't like it being referred to as "nothing".

I see a lot of models sit like statues. They rarely type back, dont move, dont smile, and stare like they are hypnotized or something. Drives me nuts. I dont always speak but i respond and dance hell i try to get people to talk in public chat but mostly its dead lol

Fay_Galore said:
Shaun__ said:
A model I have known for years apparently used my phone number for her medical visit paperwork, which meant bill collectors called me looking for her. That is such a not cool thing to do, and downright mean.

wow, that's just being a shit person.
Yeah, that's got nothing to do with cam modeling.

Reactions: motherbrain
Shaun__ said:
A model I have known for years apparently used my phone number for her medical visit paperwork, which meant bill collectors called me looking for her. That is such a not cool thing to do, and downright mean.

And almost certainly illegal.

One that isn't really that big of a deal but kinda irks me nonetheless is models asking for members to send them tokens so they can tip other models.

Much like wishlist purchases and offline tips, it wouldn't bother me at all if something was being offered in return, but otherwise it just feels close to begging.

Also, if I was the model being tipped, I'd probably be a little disheartened to learn that the generous tip I thought I'd received from a colleague of mine had actually come from another member.

mynameisbob84 said:
One that isn't really that big of a deal but kinda irks me nonetheless is models asking for members to send them tokens so they can tip other models.

Much like wishlist purchases and offline tips, it wouldn't bother me at all if something was being offered in return, but otherwise it just feels close to begging.

Also, if I was the model being tipped, I'd probably be a little disheartened to learn that the generous tip I thought I'd received from a colleague of mine had actually come from another member.
That kind of request is usually more directed at regulars who would tip for the hell of it anyway than the general membership. It's in the same category as the round-off-my-shift-total requests.

Why would it matter if the tokens were bought with a credit card or received from another member? I've never had a model refuse my tokens because of how I earned the money I bought them with.

Reactions: RebeccaT
mynameisbob84 said:

Yep.
About 2 years ago when I didn't have a credit card yet, I had a premium account that a former regular made just for me - so it was connected to his credit card, and I couldn't buy any tokens on my own. Him buying tokens, or someone else transfering me tokens to that account were the only ways for me to be able to tip models at all. So because I didn't want to rely on him alone, I had to beg for transfers on Twitter sometimes, and it always made me cringe.

I'm glad that with my own premium account (thanks to my own credit card) I don't have to do that anymore, and when I tip a model I can say that I have tipped her, with a clean conscience.

When I really can't afford to buy tokens but hang out in a room for a bit regardless (I do this only in rooms of models who I've tipped nicely before, and who I know appreciate my presence in their room), and I get a token transfer from someone, I always make sure to let the model know I got a transfer, right before or after I've tipped her. Otherwise I'd just feel bad, personally.

Reactions: SexySteph
Sevrin said:
Why would it matter if the tokens were bought with a credit card or received from another member? I've never had a model refuse my tokens because of how I earned the money I bought them with.

Ultimately, I guess it doesn't. But if I were a model and a colleague of mine took the time to visit my room and seemingly thought enough of my show or whatever to buy tokens with her own money and tip me, that would likely fill me with warm fuzzies, ya know? It's obviously nice when members tip, but that's the norm, it's to be expected. To be tipped by a fellow model probably (I'm guessing here) feels that little bit better. But if, after being tipped by a fellow model, I then found out that those tokens actually came from a member, it would take the sheen off things a little :twocents-02cents:

Oh hmmm... I have something super related to this but it probably belongs in the Members thread... though might also belong here... shoot I'll just put it here.

As a model, when I receive a tip from a member in my room, especially while I am being quite visually bad ass, with the note "on behalf of xxxx model" it genuinely hurts my feelings. I know they are trying to appease the model they are perving with but if you want to impress her by tipping me, maybe actually tip me for MY show. By adding that note, you take all the joy away from me for the tip.

So I guess, models who bring their members perving with them on their premium accounts but don't set some behavioral boundaries first.

JoleneBrody said:
Oh hmmm... I have something super related to this but it probably belongs in the Members thread... though might also belong here... shoot I'll just put it here.

As a model, when I receive a tip from a member in my room, especially while I am being quite visually bad ass, with the note "on behalf of xxxx model" it genuinely hurts my feelings. I know they are trying to appease the model they are perving with but if you want to impress her by tipping me, maybe actually tip me for MY show. By adding that note, you take all the joy away from me for the tip.

So I guess, models who bring their members perving with them on their premium accounts but don't set some behavioral boundaries first.

I've done something 'sort of' like that a couple times. But I think the difference is all in the wording.

Usually I've put in the tip note: so and so model mentioned you so I thought I'd check you out. You do put on a good show. Or you are a lot of fun. Something related to her camming.

Let's them know who recommended them but [hopefully] also lets them know the tip is because of them and not the other model.

JerryBoBerry said:
JoleneBrody said:

I've done something 'sort of' like that a couple times. But I think the difference is all in the wording.

Usually I've put in the tip note: so and so model mentioned you so I thought I'd check you out. You do put on a good show. Or you are a lot of fun. Something related to her camming.

Let's them know who recommended them but [hopefully] also lets them know the tip is because of them and not the other model.
I think that is perfectly nice! It's all in the appreciation for the show and model you are actually tipping. It's when the tip appears to be nothing more than a way to brag to the other model that it stings.

Tokens are wonderful, and I need them to keep doing what I'm doing... but genuine appreciation for my efforts is what keeps my heart in it, not just money.

When you're Comcast late.

If you tweet, advertise, schedule, announce, etc... when you plan to be on cam but are late "mostly" every time, then I find that really annoying. C'mon, it's common curtesy to be on time for business appointments, doctor appointments, meetings, and especially at your employers work site. Why can't you plan accordingly? ...even factoring in the little quirks that may make you late every now and then?!

If you're consistently late to work, then I can not be made to wait to support/tip you. I value my time as much as you do yours.

The point I want to convey is that some of you set cam schedules which you never follow. Like saying you're gonna be on cam in 10 mins but in reality mean 60 mins. It's no bueno and it turns me off. It may turn others off too... those who want your services but can't be dicked around waiting for it. Don't be like Comcast ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.