AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HarmlessSquirrel said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Unless it's like a domme/sub type thing where the guy is getting off on being controlled by the model, I don't understand why you'd even want to spend time in the room of a model who insists on giving her members ultimatums like that, let alone only spend time in her room.

If a model got pissy with me for visiting other models, I likely wouldn't be going to back to her room any time soon.

I completely agree. The models I'm a regular with are totally the opposite. They flat out tell us to have a good time in other rooms. It they have a particular friend, sometimes they even encourage us to go to their room. I don't think I've ever heard that from any model I've visited who I had any interest in visiting again. I go where I want to, but I certainly appreciate the easy-going attitude, which is the only thing that makes sense unless they're offering to be my girlfriend, which hasn't happened yet, and I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe the issue of jealousy is worth its own thread, since it seems to come up from time to time in lots of other ones. I mostly try to be understanding about both sides, because my impression is that both models and members deal with it quite often. The whole social aspect of MFC compared to some other sites surely makes the problem worse.

I have had a lot of models ask me if I spend time/tokens with other models, and it seems to happen more often when the model is going through a slower time on MFC. I get that. They put themselves out there and also need to earn something, so it makes a certain amount of sense that a model would be upset at the thought of a regular spending time and money that theoretically could have been hers. But I also agree with others in this thread that members should keep any issues like that to themselves (and certainly many won't shut up and do make an issue of it in order to feel more important or humble-brag), because it's unfair to the third model who gets caught up in something that's not her fault. Like HarmlessSquirrel said, I don't think that a model should expect exclusivity from a member, because there's no viable way for her to return that exclusivity.

Anyway, if models sometimes get jealous, it must be nothing in comparison to the jealousy that they surely experience from members. I've seen plenty of that first hand. Hell, if I am honest with myself, I know that I have even felt jealous when I've been chatting with a favorite model and suddenly she is going private with someone else ... or if I am the only one in public chat and the model is having a long PM conversation with someone who is watching in a PM window. I don't like that I've had those thoughts, but sometimes people have intrusive thoughts/emotions and it's up to them to still manage to behave in a sociable manner.

Sorry for the long rambling post...

Jesse0328 said:
this is what I feel like I'm having explained to me when I listen to a model describe their clubs/levels/packages that they have for sale when they are too complicated
Actually, that diagram is so close to the truth. :lol:

I've learned that clubs/packages are not my bag, because they often include stuff that I don't want. Plus anything more than 100 tokens is beyond what I'd want to spend on such things anyway.

But in my experience, when a model is going in that direction, I'm not the kind of member she's aiming for so it works out for both sides. **mutual disinterest**

JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Unless it's like a domme/sub type thing where the guy is getting off on being controlled by the model, I don't understand why you'd even want to spend time in the room of a model who insists on giving her members ultimatums like that, let alone only spend time in her room.

If a model got pissy with me for visiting other models, I likely wouldn't be going to back to her room any time soon.

I think you nailed it in a round about way here. This is terribly common and the members who talk about it are eating it up. The jealousy makes them feel special and good, and telling another model about it is almost like bragging. They are proud that a model is being territorial over them, and telling another model can also possible spark a little more territorial behavior around him as well as be bragging about how special and wanted he is.

I have had a member actually lie to a fellow model about me doing this to him, hilariously enough models talk to each other and now he's banned from two rooms. HA! But yeah, sometimes it's completely fabricated by the member and the model isn't even aware that she's being used in some weird jealousy attention game.

I guess I can see why some doods might go for that kind of thing. It's definitely the kind of thing that would make me want to run a mile though :)

wjr3 said:
Jesse0328 said:
this is what I feel like I'm having explained to me when I listen to a model describe their clubs/levels/packages that they have for sale when they are too complicated

I've learned that clubs/packages are not my bag, because they often include stuff that I don't want. Plus anything more than 100 tokens is beyond what I'd want to spend on such things anyway.

But in my experience, when a model is going in that direction, I'm not the kind of member she's aiming for so it works out for both sides. **mutual disinterest**

Could you elaborate? Sorry, it's a totally fine gripe to have, I just don't understand and would like to! Clubs just seem like bonuses to me, you don't need to be a part of it usually in order to enjoy the room itself. Clubs often have things like, "be able to take me private" or "free exclusive video every month!" or "forever snapchat" when if she didn't have a club, she probably wouldn't offer privates at all, she would make less/no videos, and you can still buy the snapchat for a portion of time even if not a member of said club.

AmberCutie said:
LilahMorrigan said:
AmberCutie said:
LilahMorrigan said:
yossarian said:
Dear models,

If you are going to do nasty stuff in private, at least have the courtesy to opt out of the private gallery.

I have seen enough pooping in there to last a lifetime. Thank you.

fBYAkDc.gif

So, did I miss the part of the introduction/wiki/tutorial that tells us that this thing exists and that we can opt out of it? Because I knew that privates are recorded for the member to go back and watch, but I had NO IDEA that photos were being taken of my privates for random members to see until recently. :?
In your admin page, under model settings.

Yeah, I've seen it now, but I'm 90% positive that it was not a thing when I signed up, because I've gone into Model Settings before for various things, and the "promotional tools" weren't there.

Or maybe I'm crazy...
Not new at all.

Okay, thanks guys! Don't know how I missed it! :thumbleft:

NataliaGrey said:
wjr3 said:
Jesse0328 said:

Could you elaborate? Sorry, it's a totally fine gripe to have, I just don't understand and would like to! Clubs just seem like bonuses to me, you don't need to be a part of it usually in order to enjoy the room itself. Clubs often have things like, "be able to take me private" or "free exclusive video every month!" or "forever snapchat" when if she didn't have a club, she probably wouldn't offer privates at all, she would make less/no videos, and you can still buy the snapchat for a portion of time even if not a member of said club.

I guess it depends on what type of member you are. I tend to be the type of member who doesn't typically go in for content or privates but instead uses MFC as a kind of social outlet where I can sit back and chill will various sexy ladies in various states of undress and chat shit with them and their regulars at the end of day once I'm finished with work and whatever else. While clubs/packages don't interest me personally (they tend to cost more than I can justify spending and I'm not someone who generally does privates or buys videos anyway), the mere fact that they're being offered has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to enjoy the company of the model offering the package.

There are a lot of members who aren't interested in the social aspect of MFC (so things like Snapchat/Kik would hold no interest) and just want to get their rocks off with a private or a video. It's all relative, but to me (and I suspect a lot of members who aren't earning megabucks) privates are already pretty expensive and if they're only available to members once they've paid a premium to become part of a club that they're otherwise not interested in being a part of, I can see why those members would pass on the models using that business model.

There's nothing wrong with clubs/packages at all, but it's obviously just not possible to please all the people all the time and for every regular who wants to be a part of your club and is willing to pay to be a part of it, there's probably at least one member who will see your club/package deals as all the proof they need that your room just isn't for them :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
NataliaGrey said:
wjr3 said:
Jesse0328 said:

I guess it depends on what type of member you are. I tend to be the type of member who doesn't typically go in for content or privates but instead uses MFC as a kind of social outlet where I can sit back and chill will various sexy ladies in various states of undress and chat shit with them and their regulars at the end of day once I'm finished with work and whatever else. While clubs/packages don't interest me personally (they tend to cost more than I can justify spending and I'm not someone who generally does privates or buys videos anyway), the mere fact that they're being offered has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to enjoy the company of the model offering the package.

There are a lot of members who aren't interested in the social aspect of MFC (so things like Snapchat/Kik would hold no interest) and just want to get their rocks off with a private or a video. It's all relative, but to me (and I suspect a lot of members who aren't earning megabucks) privates are already pretty expensive and if they're only available to members once they've paid a premium to become part of a club that they're otherwise not interested in being a part of, I can see why those members would pass on the models using that business model.

There's nothing wrong with clubs/packages at all, but it's obviously just not possible to please all the people all the time and for every regular who wants to be a part of your club and is willing to pay to be a part of it, there's probably at least one member who will see your club/package deals as all the proof they need that your room just isn't for them :twocents-02cents:

The only problem I have with clubs is that is sort of creates a caste system your regulars. You have the ones who can afford the club and the ones who can't, and it sort of feels exclusionary to people who tip and chat regularly but just can't afford to join the club (or don't WANT to join the club, as Bob said), like you're not a REAL fan/friend/regular if you can't/won't dump thousands of tokens a month on the model.

Plus, it seems like it could create weird feelings on both sides -- what if one of your regulars tips for the club every month and then stops? Do you have an awkward conversation about it, asking him if you did something wrong? Do you ignore it? What if he feels bad that you DIDN'T ask what happened? It just seems like dividing regular TIPPING members up into classes is a recipe for hurt feelings and problems.

yossarian said:
mynameisbob84 said:
NataliaGrey said:
wjr3 said:
Jesse0328 said:

The only problem I have with clubs is that is sort of creates a caste system your regulars. You have the ones who can afford the club and the ones who can't, and it sort of feels exclusionary to people who tip and chat regularly but just can't afford to join the club (or don't WANT to join the club, as Bob said), like you're not a REAL fan/friend/regular if you can't/won't dump thousands of tokens a month on the model.

Plus, it seems like it could create weird feelings on both sides -- what if one of your regulars tips for the club every month and then stops? Do you have an awkward conversation about it, asking him if you did something wrong? Do you ignore it? What if he feels bad that you DIDN'T ask what happened? It just seems like dividing regular TIPPING members up into classes is a recipe for hurt feelings and problems.

I think I understand what you're saying but I can also see a models motivation for it.

For example: I don't do cumshows, therefore those videos are only available if you join a club (less chance of being leaked and I also know the guys that see them are truly interested in seeing ME cum as opposed to just collecting videos willy nilly). I have videos available to non club-members but they're less explicit. My club is also forever though rather than monthly so maybe that helps keep people from feeling split into castes? Idk.

Now I'm worried I'm making people feel like "untouchables". lol

I don't have any really high priced clubs (I do have a costume fund, which is 666 tokens, not an insane amount and actually more about supporting my theme nights then actually getting a lot of content in return (there is some rewards though))

but! what I could image, for high CS models who have been around for a while, I'm thinking their regulars already bought all their low-priced content and will tip large amounts anyway towards goals/whatever. Maybe not in single nights, but it will add up. So, clubs like those is just another product to offer. (like at a warehouse you could buy 50 mugs ór just splurge on an espressomachine)
I don't think models appreciation for members comes down to spending large amounts on clubs like these alone (or at all)

ohhhh the english, it's hard.

SexyStephXS said:
yossarian said:

I think I understand what you're saying but I can also see a models motivation for it.

For example: I don't do cumshows, therefore those videos are only available if you join a club (less chance of being leaked and I also know the guys that see them are truly interested in seeing ME cum as opposed to just collecting videos willy nilly). I have videos available to non club-members but they're less explicit. My club is also forever though rather than monthly so maybe that helps keep people from feeling split into castes? Idk.

I think it does depend on how you set up the club. I've seen models who, as others have noted, expect people to join a club for the privilege of being able to do privates, which really does feel like "only the high rollers are worthy of my time." On the other hand, what you describe is different--it's more like you're just offering an extra incentive.

Having it a one-time thing as opposed to monthly also makes a HUGE difference, I think. If somebody really wants to join, they can always save up tokens or otherwise plan for it. The "monthly" method sort of feels a little more like "you're only my friend if you can come up with x number of tokens every month."

I've seen clubs done a dozen different ways. It all depends on the approach. Your way sounds totally reasonable and non-ghettoizing.

And the model's attitude about it makes a HUGE difference as well. ("Hey, if you want, there's extra stuff in my club" vs. "Only the cool kids get to be in my club.")

SexyStephXS said:

Clubs are one of the things I most happy to tip for. Generally they offer a lot of content for the tokens, plus some nice bonus like being able to do skypes or even fans signs. More explicit videos, like Step has in hers is certainly an appealing aspect also.

Part of sells pitch about why should tip, is that theory that tipping members have a more enjoyable experience. Clubs seem to fit right into that.
They offer something tangible which is important to a fair number of us tippers.

Reality is if you are just there for the sex or conversation, a $20 premium is pretty much the same as member with a 100K reward points. Generally if all you want to is watch the show, while basics and guest have the same view of the stage as somebody else.

Anyway I wouldn't worry about making people feel untouchable. If they want to move out of their "caste" a status privilege upgrade is just credit card transaction away.

I've always seen the "SLF" as an extra bonus to those who go a step above in supporting my live shows. Granted I feel that I give more than 500 tokens worth of benefit to joining the SLF, but those tokens go towards the countdowns, weekly raffles, spanks, and any other fun thing we are doing, So to me it's always been more about giving a little extra something back to the members who go the extra mile to make sure shows happen.

If anyone chooses to see it differently or feel left out than that's on them. I have lot's of MFC member friends who don't join the SLF for whatever reason, but still support my shows and are fun to have around and I appreciate them just as they are.

JoleneBrody said:
I've always seen the "SLF" as an extra bonus to those who go a step above in supporting my live shows. Granted I feel that I give more than 500 tokens worth of benefit to joining the SLF, but those tokens go towards the countdowns, weekly raffles, spanks, and any other fun thing we are doing, So to me it's always been more about giving a little extra something back to the members who go the extra mile to make sure shows happen.

If anyone chooses to see it differently or feel left out than that's on them. I have lot's of MFC member friends who don't join the SLF for whatever reason, but still support my shows and are fun to have around and I appreciate them just as they are.

JJ every model could learn a little something from you in how to treat their members well. I only enjoyed you a few times miss smiling eyes, but I always had fun. Your SLF bonus is awesome.
As this is a post on annoying things models can do, when thinking of you I find myself remembering how closed minded you can be (early to judge someone). Was surprised in that it so sharply contrasts your view on how members should behave.
Having said all this, I never minded much and returned to enjoy you often. You are a special kind of magic online, keep doing what you do. Adore you.

Ambers Troll said:
JoleneBrody said:

JJ every model could learn a little something from you in how to treat their members well. I only enjoyed you a few times miss smiling eyes, but I always had fun. Your SLF bonus is awesome.
As this is a post on annoying things models can do, when thinking of you I find myself remembering how closed minded you can be (early to judge someone). Was surprised in that it so sharply contrasts your view on how members should behave.
Having said all this, I never minded much and returned to enjoy you often. You are a special kind of magic online, keep doing what you do. Adore you.
... Hi Maniac. :?

Kids on cam! That shit makes me mad and I have no respect for the models that allow it! There's one thing being naughty in public where you know there will be adults there but having 6 or more kids walk by your cam multiple times and not doing anything about it is beyond disrespectful.

Kickaz said:
Kids on cam! That shit makes me mad and I have no respect for the models that allow it! There's one thing being naughty in public where you know there will be adults there but having 6 or more kids walk by your cam multiple times and not doing anything about it is beyond disrespectful.

SERIOUSLY!!! Or when models post pictures of them and their kids on Twitter and stuff..
A very close family member of mine actually got arrested a couple years ago for molesting a young child and having child pornography. Fucked up, I know. In attempts to get over it I had a therapist explain to me what goes on in these people's minds and from what I've learned, it is highly likely that MANY members on camsites are in fact people like my relative.
It makes me sick knowing that these women think it's okay to post pictures of their children alongside naked & sexual pictures of themselves on the Internet. How dare you. I could understand them maybe sharing pics with long-term supportive regulars who they have very close relationships with but to TWITTER? It's like a breeding ground for sickos!!!

Kickaz said:

I totally agree, but isn't this sort of an occupational hazard that comes with doing public shows? I mean, you can't exactly yell at the kids to leave so you can get your boobies out.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
yossarian said:
Kickaz said:

I totally agree, but isn't this sort of an occupational hazard that comes with doing public shows? I mean, you can't exactly yell at the kids to leave so you can get your boobies out.

You shouldn't be getting your tits out when random kids are around anyway, especially not with a webcam on. Camming in a library: tread carefully. Camming at a playground: probably a really fucking stupid and irresponsible idea.

motherbrain said:
Kickaz said:

SERIOUSLY!!! Or when models post pictures of them and their kids on Twitter and stuff..
A very close family member of mine actually got arrested a couple years ago for molesting a young child and having child pornography. Fucked up, I know. In attempts to get over it I had a therapist explain to me what goes on in these people's minds and from what I've learned, it is highly likely that MANY members on camsites are in fact people like my relative.
It's likely that many camsite members are pedophiles...? Could you maybe elaborate on that?

LilyMarie said:
motherbrain said:
Kickaz said:

It's likely that many camsite members are pedophiles...? Could you maybe elaborate on that?
No kidding, if this is the case then that would mean you by being a cam model you are enabling them (pedophiles)?

Not getting it either, why would a pedophile even be interested in mfc? What is similar between the child molester and camsite members?

Reactions: LadyLuna
CallMeWilliam said:
LilyMarie said:
motherbrain said:
Kickaz said:

No kidding, if this is the case then that would mean you by being a cam model you are enabling them (pedophiles)?

Lol no absolutely not. I kind of worded that shitty... I meant to say that pedos are likely to spend lots of their time online browsing and obsessing over pornography in general , so it is likely this involves camsites as well. I didn't mean "MANY" as in like, a large fraction of camsite viewers, but a small percentage (which would still be a lot of people). Of course the same goes for all sorts of creepy people, pedo or not.. they're everywhere. I'm mostly just trying to make a point that, as cam models, we put ourselves at risk of being preyed upon by creepers but we are old enough to responsibly take on such a risk, whereas their children are not and shouldn't even be put in that position. (Besides, I was talking more about Twitter than camsites). Yes EVERYONE is at risk of being stalked/raped/killed/struck by lightning/what have you constantly, in person AND online, but in the end I just think it's kinda weird to show them off next to pictures of your snatch. Idk. Just seems inappropriate.

I was going to say, the only reason they could possibly use MFC was because it's cheaper than buying sweets to put in your pocket.

Reactions: motherbrain
Well, there ARE tons of pedophiles on any camsite. I can't even tell you how many times a month I get guys requesting underage roleplay, or PM-ing me to tell me that they get off to kids. I've even had some go as far as say that they're babysitting and resisting the urge to nut on them. Some sick fucks out there I tell ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.