AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrRodry said:
Models snorting, or pretending they're snorting, cocaine in privates. It's kind of fucked up but understandable that there is a market for that sort of thing but I think it would be better if that was done in a Skype call and not on MFC feed.

I take it you were spying? how often are you seeing this happen :think:

The way to deal with that is contact myfreeCams Member Support members@myfreecamsmail.com

nzhere said:
MrRodry said:
Models snorting, or pretending they're snorting, cocaine in privates. It's kind of fucked up but understandable that there is a market for that sort of thing but I think it would be better if that was done in a Skype call and not on MFC feed.

The way to deal with that is contact myfreeCams Member Support members@myfreecamsmail.com

Or... Not spy.

I was not spying. I saw three different models doing that on the private gallery - two on the same day (or period of time, I'm not sure how periodically the gallery is refreshed). Only one of those models still has a MFC account.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I'm going to say just a bit about what was just discussed (well, just before Rodry's post), and then I'll mention my on-topic thing: It's not at all surprising (and not a problem usually) that what some people find annoying, others might find enjoyable, necessary, or just nothing to be bothered by. For most of these things, there's not a right and wrong; there are just various opinions/feelings. On the threads, where models talk about annoying things members do, lots of the examples are the usual creeps, trolls, and idiots, doing what they do, and yes, I agree those things are annoying. For some of the other things, sometimes I disagree and think they're complaining about someone doing something perfectly reasonable. I usually won't argue those unless I think my head is going to explode, though. I just take it as information - it's something some models are bothered by and I'll bear it in mind when in a cam room. I won't lengthen the post with examples, but I can name some if someone doesn't know what I mean.

Anyway, to the gripemobile!

It's seems to me that fetish things are turning up in a ton of model rooms. Now, I realize many models and members enjoy that stuff, and I'm not suggesting nobody should do it. I'm just a "vanilla," and a lot of those things make me uncomfortable. Since one of my favorites has moved in that direction, I've tried to get used to it, but I'm afraid it's just not for me. Unfortunately (for me), it seems like in almost every room (probably an exaggeration, but seriously, lots of them) there are at least some of: paddles, floggers, ball gags, cat ears, butt plugs with tails on them, nipple clamps, etc. I understand that there are models who specialize in certain types of things, and that's cool. It just seems like it's become a huge fad, and now everyone thinks it's what members want to see. I don't recall this being very common when I first became a member, and I probably browsed models more then than I do now. I just wanted to put it out there that some of us really don't want to see it, so if you're a model thinking about adding some kink because it's popular, just be aware that there are also some guys who will appreciate it if you don't.

And I totally respect your choices for being vanilla. That's why I try to offer things such as, "Hey Players, you get to tell me what to use to do my cumshow" if you're a HT. Cause not everyone is into BDSM. The reason I use it, is because it is something fun, and a lot of my regs LOVE LOVE LOVE, spankings.
But you've made me think about trying to open doors to non-kinky viewers as well.

I haven't read all 50 pages (yes), so I may be repeating what others have already said.

1. I generally hate when models pm me seconds after I log on. It depends on the model of course; some are just nice ladies and want to chat. I have no issue with that, but with some it's just obvious that when they say "hi" it really means "get your ass in here and tip me!" Can't stand it. But this is also partly due to the models I like (I like Asians, and they often don't earn well).

2. Expecting me to tip big all the time. One model I liked (note the past tense) was desperate to hit her quota. I decided to help out and tipped the 1500 she needed a couple minutes before cutoff. She said thank you and all was well ... I thought. But then on the next 3 cutoff days she was pming me instantly after I logged on and talking about how slow her room was. :naughty: Not gonna work sweetie. This same model called me a liar when I said a couple months later that I lost my job (which was absolutely true, but yeah, I see it from her side too. I am sure she hears it a lot).

I had another model CALL me long distance several times asking me to help. Stupid me, I did help once. Big mistake. The begging didn't stop until I called her out on it and she banned me.

3. Setting an insanely high countdown (yes, I know this is relative) and then bitching out the room for not reaching it. If you set a 5000 token countdown 4-5 days in a row and never hit it, perhaps you should rethink your daily goal? Just saying ...

mynameisbob84 said:
Explicitly begging for things. To be fair, I don't see this often but over Christmas I saw it enough for it to bug me.

A "buy me something from my wishlist and I'll send you a video wearing/using what you bought me" or a "offline tip x and I'll send you y" is completely cool.

A quick, jokey, wink-wink-nudge-nudge "oh btw I have a wishlist lol" or a "offline tips make me smile" is also fine.

But multiple "guys, buy me this", "if you love me, buy me that", "who's gonna buy me these?", "I'm going out, can you send me some offline tips, yeah?" in quick succession just comes across as begging. You're not offering anything in return so it just feels like you're taking advantage of the guys who think enough of you to buy these things for you :twocents-02cents:

I just had this happen to me yesterday. I thought the model was joking around with her prems about her wishlist. I found out the hard way she is not. She pimps her wishlist everyday and "jokes" about how she never shops anymore. She just puts stuff on her wishlist and waits for Fedex.

So for some reason I decided to buy her something. Picked a purse out of her list, paid, and showed her the info. Then yesterday when the item had shipped I pmed her the info again. She acted confused. When I reminded her about the purse she replied, "Ohhhhhhhhhh" and then said nothing for the next 30 minutes I was online.

Before any model says it, YES, I have some buyer's remorse. But it was only $25, so I am not concerned about the money. Just baffled how she could have forgotten in less than 24 hours. I guess so many guys buy her stuff she cannot keep them all straight. Oh well, lesson learned.

JimsX said:
I haven't read all 50 pages (yes), so I may be repeating what others have already said.

1. I generally hate when models pm me seconds after I log on. It depends on the model of course; some are just nice ladies and want to chat. I have no issue with that, but with some it's just obvious that when they say "hi" it really means "get your ass in here and tip me!" Can't stand it. But this is also partly due to the models I like (I like Asians, and they often don't earn well).

2. Expecting me to tip big all the time. One model I liked (note the past tense) was desperate to hit her quota. I decided to help out and tipped the 1500 she needed a couple minutes before cutoff. She said thank you and all was well ... I thought. But then on the next 3 cutoff days she was pming me instantly after I logged on and talking about how slow her room was. :naughty: Not gonna work sweetie. This same model called me a liar when I said a couple months later that I lost my job (which was absolutely true, but yeah, I see it from her side too. I am sure she hears it a lot).

I had another model CALL me long distance several times asking me to help. Stupid me, I did help once. Big mistake. The begging didn't stop until I called her out on it and she banned me.

3. Setting an insanely high countdown (yes, I know this is relative) and then bitching out the room for not reaching it. If you set a 5000 token countdown 4-5 days in a row and never hit it, perhaps you should rethink your daily goal? Just saying ...

Told a model friend of mine to NEVER do it again when she said it was good business strategy. I hate hate when people bug me on twitter/facebook/whatever when i just logged on for ANYTHING. Posting newsfeed, sending snap and twitter is ENOUGH. If they don't want to get in your room that day, they won't go by forcing them or saying "hi! I am online!" on PM.

and the High Countdown is true, if you are going for a mega month, you dip your feet and see how is it working, if not, just low a little and keep trying. This is very common in near paycheck days like models "6000 to goal! Cumshow!"when she usually makes it like 300 tokens during the week. :?

I consider myself as a member besides being a model, i really like to spend my time tipping some models and recently i got PM "hey sweetie, will you come to my room?" i was laughing "omg girl, i know all your tricks, stahp" :lol:

Gween said:
Told a model friend of mine to NEVER do it again when she said it was good business strategy. I hate hate when people bug me on twitter/facebook/whatever when i just logged on for ANYTHING. Posting newsfeed, sending snap and twitter is ENOUGH. If they don't want to get in your room that day, they won't go by forcing them or saying "hi! I am online!" on PM.

and the High Countdown is true, if you are going for a mega month, you dip your feet and see how is it working, if not, just low a little and keep trying. This is very common in near paycheck days like models "6000 to goal! Cumshow!"when she usually makes it like 300 tokens during the week. :?

I consider myself as a member besides being a model, i really like to spend my time tipping some models and recently i got PM "hey sweetie, will you come to my room?" i was laughing "omg girl, i know all your tricks, stahp" :lol:

I'm glad you told her to never do that again. As a member, it is HIGHLY annoying and transparent. I may be a perv who spends too much on a cam site, but I am not THAT stupid!

Something related which I forgot to put in my previous post is models pming me, "You left my room." Umm, yeah, I know. If the model is a friend, I say goodbye. If not, I just leave. I feel no obligation to tell her what I am doing or where I am going, and I am sure as shit not going back to her room when she sends me a pm like that.

The model I am thinking of with the high countdown is pretty popular. She is probably top 100 and she might be used to hitting her goals. But lately she has not, for whatever reason, and it just gets painful to watch.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
It's seems to me that fetish things are turning up in a ton of model rooms. Now, I realize many models and members enjoy that stuff, and I'm not suggesting nobody should do it. I'm just a "vanilla," and a lot of those things make me uncomfortable. Since one of my favorites has moved in that direction, I've tried to get used to it, but I'm afraid it's just not for me. Unfortunately (for me), it seems like in almost every room (probably an exaggeration, but seriously, lots of them) there are at least some of: paddles, floggers, ball gags, cat ears, butt plugs with tails on them, nipple clamps, etc. I understand that there are models who specialize in certain types of things, and that's cool. It just seems like it's become a huge fad, and now everyone thinks it's what members want to see. I don't recall this being very common when I first became a member, and I probably browsed models more then than I do now. I just wanted to put it out there that some of us really don't want to see it, so if you're a model thinking about adding some kink because it's popular, just be aware that there are also some guys who will appreciate it if you don't.

Believe it or not, many models truly enjoy the aspects they bring to their room and it's not all for money. So you may not like cat ears, the model might think she's cute as hell right now with her kitty ears on. Not everything is done for the member. It would probably infuriate me if someone thought because I am generally mild-mannered, calm and not overt about my preference for kink, that I was just doing it because it was a fad.

I hate to say it, but members who are into kink seem to be more willing to pay for their fetish as well. Great, you like it vanilla, but it's pretty hard to tip a model to stay vanilla. There are tips for spanks. You can't tip a model and say "thank you for not spanking yourself for this tip" it's just kinda odd and you wouldn't do it. You shouldn't need to. But there are guys who love spanks and nipple clamps and they will pay for it.

SexyStephXS said:
nzhere said:
MrRodry said:

Or... Not spy.

:text-yeahthat:

When I first started camming a guy I did privates with regularly wanted me to pretend I was snorting coke (I had no idea how to even pretend because I've never snorted anything) and then act like I was a rich bitch going out on the town in LA. I shit you not. While I don't advocate drug use or make light of drug addiction and use, those privates were fun as hell! The guy was super sweet and for a while we both got to pretend we were people we weren't - rich fucks in LA doing coke. I don't have any desire to do those types of shows now, but I enjoyed them back then. If someone wants to judge me or get offended by something I do in a private show that's just silly. People have paid me to sit in a robe and eat a pint of ice cream which I think is equally as ridiculous and awesome. :dance:

I don't have any desire to do those types of shows now, but I enjoyed them back then.

I loved your post until I read that line :crybaby:

That sounds totally bizarre and highly entertaining.

I did an oil show private with a model, which ended up with her sliding her oily butt all over her bedroom floor. I really, really hope there were spies watching that :lol:

Gween said:

Different strokes for for different folks. I like the personal touch as long as its not abused. It is also different for the model who I may have visited once or never vs a model who I use to spend time with in her room and for whatever reason haven't been in recently. The Her: "Hey how are you doing", me: pretty good, HRU, Her: Ok but I'm a little bummed I've got this really cool XYZ show and planned and its been really slow. ", will often get results. Sometime there are definite reason I stop visiting a model's room, but more often than not our schedule haven't overlapped and/or I've been distracted by the latest shiny new model. If I don't want to visit the models room, or I am really busy watching another models shows, than I'll tell her thanks but no thanks. On the other hand there are times, when being invited is a plus, I'll stop by and remember why I liked the model in the first place.

I am not sure I see the downside from the models prospective, other than being rejected like most salespeople are most of the time. If the person you contact is annoyed by you contacting them, most of the time, they had no intention of visiting your room and tipping you anyhow, so you haven't lost anything. I am not sure how many members get truly annoyed when one of their favorite models PMs them to say hi... I suppose there are a few who'd get annoyed enough to stop visiting the models room, but my guess is that is a fairly small number.

I understand people people get annoyed by salesman calls in business or medium, but I don't agree it is bad business. A PM is more effective than a twitter or newsfeed for getting of top of mind recognition.

Just remembered this one. Fortunately I have only see it once. Prem friend of mine was pming with a model who was whining about her body. My buddy was trying to encourage her and some of what he said was a bit...mushy. But that's just who he is.

The model pmed him, "I'm sorry, forgive me. But this is just too funny." And proceeded to turn her cam onto the screen showing the whole room what he said. Of course he was embarrassed and left quickly. I know some models do this after banning a dickhead, and I don't really see an issue with that. But in this case he was genuinely concerned and trying to offer support. Blew my mind when she did that. :roll:

The pm'ing thing is SUCH a fine line to walk! Same with saying hi to a member friend before they say hi to you even if they are in the room.
In general I've just taken to letting the members make the first move unless I'm REALLY overwhlemed with the need to say hi because it's like been a while and I'm excited to see them.

It's nerve wracking though! What some members almost require from a model in order to feel appreciated other members will drop you with a quickness for, specifically the unsolicited PM's.

So fudge it, just do what feels natural to you ladies! No matter what, someone will hate you for it but at least you were being genuine. :lol:

The greatest thing about this thread is that is really goes to show the vast difference of opinions from members. It actually mkes me feel better, because according to this thread everything is bad so I don't take it so personally anymore if I do something that annoys ONE person... because it's inevitable! hahahaha

JoleneBrody said:
The pm'ing thing is SUCH a fine line to walk! Same with saying hi to a member friend before they say hi to you even if they are in the room.
In general I've just taken to letting the members make the first move unless I'm REALLY overwhlemed with the need to say hi because it's like been a while and I'm excited to see them.

It's nerve wracking though! What some members almost require from a model in order to feel appreciated other members will drop you with a quickness for, specifically the unsolicited PM's.

So fudge it, just do what feels natural to you ladies! No matter what, someone will hate you for it but at least you were being genuine. :lol:

The greatest thing about this thread is that is really goes to show the vast difference of opinions from members. It actually mkes me feel better, because according to this thread everything is bad so I don't take it so personally anymore if I do something that annoys ONE person... because it's inevitable! hahahaha

I actually agree with you and HiGirls. I love it when a model friend sends me a pm first. I'm flattered. What I hate is when a model I have talked to once or done a single private with sends a pm that says "Hi" or "I miss doing shows for you." No you don't! You miss the tokens! It IS a fine line and I could be wrong, but I have a "sense" about whether the pm is sincere or not.

Maybe there could be an expanded "PM preferences" form so the model doesn't have to guess? Something like:

Accept PMs from Models?
  • [ ] never
  • [ ] only while in their room
  • [ ] only from Friends
  • [ ] any time

This thread is, while at some times terrible, really great for the reason Jolene just highlighted! Such variety. :)

Anywho I'll admit I haven't read every single page either, but i've come back to it a few times, and i don't remember seeing this but my apologies if it's been beat to death already...

Having an incorrect aspect ratio! OH MY GAWD, it drives me bananasauce. :woops: How can you not tell that you look squished? You look squished man! Your face is SQUISHED! Bah! I CANNOT watch girls who have their cam's resolution set wrong like this.

Also on the technical side which drives me bonkers.... really bad audio mixes/mic settings. I used to be a sound guy, and bad mixes drive me cray. (and at concerts too. turning it up all the way is not always the answer people.) Music too loud/tip sound too loud/mic turned up too high so it's clipping out every time you raise your voice. I know how tricky it can be to get this right, believe me. I KNOW! But if your broadcaster is constantly saying your audio is high, your speakers are way closer to the mic than you are, or your goddamn mic level is CONSTANTLY IN THE RED, you gotta problem. DAMN!

Mixxi smash! :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

that is all.

missmeowmixx said:
Having an incorrect aspect ratio! OH MY GAWD, it drives me bananasauce. :woops: How can you not tell that you look squished? You look squished man! Your face is SQUISHED! Bah! I CANNOT watch girls who have their cam's resolution set wrong like this.

Back when I cammed with some models, they were really upset to find out my cam didn't make them look "thinner" and kept asking to cam from their computers because they thought my cam made them look fat.

LacieLaPlante said:
missmeowmixx said:

Back when I cammed with some models, they were really upset to find out my cam didn't make them look "thinner" and kept asking to cam from their computers because they thought my cam made them look fat.

...... >_>

oh my lord

JoleneBrody said:

That is my take away from the thread also "you can't please everybody so you have to please yourself". I also find myself surprised at what annoys others, because very little that I've read in this thread annoys me. Aspect ratio, PMs, super expensive videos, small stuff who cares.. On the other hand, there a few things that models do , involving not delivery things in a timely fashion, and lack of communication. THAT REALLY FUCKING PISS ME OFF :angry4: I guess I skip the annoy phase and go directly into the furious phase. :oops:

Reactions: LadyLuna
LacieLaPlante said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

Believe it or not, many models truly enjoy the aspects they bring to their room and it's not all for money. So you may not like cat ears, the model might think she's cute as hell right now with her kitty ears on. Not everything is done for the member. It would probably infuriate me if someone thought because I am generally mild-mannered, calm and not overt about my preference for kink, that I was just doing it because it was a fad.

I hate to say it, but members who are into kink seem to be more willing to pay for their fetish as well. Great, you like it vanilla, but it's pretty hard to tip a model to stay vanilla. There are tips for spanks. You can't tip a model and say "thank you for not spanking yourself for this tip" it's just kinda odd and you wouldn't do it. You shouldn't need to. But there are guys who love spanks and nipple clamps and they will pay for it.

Oh, I'm completely aware that some models enjoy the kink, and I have no issue with that. I'm not suggesting models shouldn't do what they want to do. That's why I said "if you're a model thinking about adding some kink because it's popular." If it's what you like anyway, I don't expect you not to do it. My point was that if it's just because it seems popular, I wanted to mention that not everyone likes it, so there's a market for those who don't go that way too. Absolutely some of it is models just doing what they like, but I'd also bet a lot that some are doing it just because they think it's what the tippers want to see. This tipper is bothered by it, but as I said in the first part of my prior post, that's a personal preference thing, not a someone is right and someone is wrong thing.

I think I was pretty clear that I was aware that some models did it because they enjoyed it, and I completely respect their right to do what they want to do. I take this topic to be "things that the poster personally finds annoying" and not necessarily "things that everyone is annoyed by." In other words, "Tons of models suddenly doing kink" bothers me personally, and I suspect *some* of them are doing it just because they think they'll be more successful that way (and for all I know, they may be). I'm well aware that plenty of people don't feel the way I do; I just thought it would be good to put it out there that there are also those of us who us who aren't comfy with that because I rarely hear anyone mention that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there.

The model who I'm a regular of that has incorporated this made it quite clear that this is really what she likes. It never even occurred to me to ask her not to do it (not that she would stop just for me anyway, but I wouldn't lay that on her), and I don't even think she should stop. She's doing great and has a roomful of guys who eat it up. I'm just uncomfortable, and I feel like I don't belong in that room anymore.

Oh, incidentally, I actually *would* tip for vanilla to some degree, although I'm going to tip regardless if I stick around for a good while. I'd just be much more likely to come back to a room if I felt comfortable the first time.

Also, a lot of the models *are* cute as hell with cat ears on, but in my opinion, this is just because they are cute as hell to begin with. I happen to find them most appealing when they just look like women. And yes, that's just my opinion. Other folks enjoy it, and that's okay too.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
Oh, I'm completely aware that some models enjoy the kink, and I have no issue with that. I'm not suggesting models shouldn't do what they want to do. That's why I said "if you're a model thinking about adding some kink because it's popular." If it's what you like anyway, I don't expect you not to do it. My point was that if it's just because it seems popular, I wanted to mention that not everyone likes it, so there's a market for those who don't go that way too. Absolutely some of it is models just doing what they like, but I'd also bet a lot that some are doing it just because they think it's what the tippers want to see. This tipper is bothered by it, but as I said in the first part of my prior post, that's a personal preference thing, not a someone is right and someone is wrong thing.

I think I was pretty clear that I was aware that some models did it because they enjoyed it, and I completely respect their right to do what they want to do. I take this topic to be "things that the poster personally finds annoying" and not necessarily "things that everyone is annoyed by." In other words, "Tons of models suddenly doing kink" bothers me personally, and I suspect *some* of them are doing it just because they think they'll be more successful that way (and for all I know, they may be). I'm well aware that plenty of people don't feel the way I do; I just thought it would be good to put it out there that there are also those of us who us who aren't comfy with that because I rarely hear anyone mention that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there.

The model who I'm a regular of that has incorporated this made it quite clear that this is really what she likes. It never even occurred to me to ask her not to do it (not that she would stop just for me anyway, but I wouldn't lay that on her), and I don't even think she should stop. She's doing great and has a roomful of guys who eat it up. I'm just uncomfortable, and I feel like I don't belong in that room anymore.

Oh, incidentally, I actually *would* tip for vanilla to some degree, although I'm going to tip regardless if I stick around for a good while. I'd just be much more likely to come back to a room if I felt comfortable the first time.

Also, a lot of the models *are* cute as hell with cat ears on, but in my opinion, this is just because they are cute as hell to begin with. I happen to find them most appealing when they just look like women. And yes, that's just my opinion. Other folks enjoy it, and that's okay too.

Your post suddenly reminds me of the 3 million "library shows" that are all over MFC right now. The first ones were unique and cute, but now I just roll my eyes as I see it as jumping on the token bandwagon.

JimsX said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

Your post suddenly reminds me of the 3 million "library shows" that are all over MFC right now. The first ones were unique and cute, but now I just roll my eyes as I see it as jumping on the token bandwagon.

I can see that thought thought process behind library shows but kink stuff? Think about the girls that cam, sexually open and explorative. I'm betting 98.99% of us that incorporate kink in our shows do so because we enjoy it. Not because we think it'll get more tokens, though, enjoying ourselves will probably result in more. I'm sorry if it seems we're missing the point but it just feels sort of insulting that what many of us do truly enjoy is being seen as gimmicky like library shows.

HarmlessSquirrel said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think what you might see happening is a bit of a fad because there are model epidemics - One model does a cool thing that makes her money, it trickles down and you'll see models of all ranks doing it eventually. Sometimes that turns into something models really truly enjoy. The others would probably stop doing them after a few tries. Why continue something you don't like ? Many, many people in this world are into some more of kink or BDSM, and this fad might open them up to a true enjoyment of it.

I just hope what you're saying is not, "Models, don't try this thing you might possibly enjoy because some of us won't enjoy it" but rather, "If you don't enjoy kink, don't feel forced to do it on cam because some of us also don't enjoy it"

Side note:
I really don't find cat ears to be kinky or fetishy at all? I wouldn't connect them with petplay at all, unless there's at least a couple other costume parts involved and the girl is actually acting like a cat.
I think that by themselves they're just an accessory. Even some normal cheap jewellery stores that have hair accessories sell them here. I've seen a few girls wearing them at parties or clubs. Unless you think of them in a different way, they're just a hair band that looks just a little cuter.
:twocents-02cents:

And yes, models shouldn't do kinky stuff if they don't actually want to (i.e. just for the money), because not only will it probably show on cam (which is so awkward), but it also won't be too great for their own well-being. Depending on what it is that they do. I know if I decided to engage in kink activities on cam that I'm not comfortable with in my private life, I'd feel BAD after logging off, if not earlier.

LilyMarie said:
And yes, models shouldn't do kinky stuff if they don't actually want to (i.e. just for the money), because not only will it probably show on cam (which is so awkward), but it also won't be too great for their own well-being. Depending on what it is that they do. I know if I decided to engage in kink activities on cam that I'm not comfortable with in my private life, I'd feel BAD after logging off, if not earlier.

In an ideal world yes but... I seen plenty of models that said when I first saw them say, "I don't like girls, and no way I'm doing anal". Six month or year later they are advertising DP shows, and have plenty of girl girl video. In some case while exploring their sexuality did find they enjoyed a new kink? Sure but in many cases these were young woman in their mid to late 20 with plenty of sexual experience. I expect many are doing it just for the money. Camming is job, lots of people find parts of their jobs distasteful or even plain out horrendous, like salesperson or customer service rep having to lie to people.

While there are plenty of guys who just enjoy vanilla, there is a lot of guys who like kinkier stuff. When I first joined MFC, I found anything more than spank more of turn off than a turn on, two years later while BDSM is still not a big turn on for me, it is no longer a turn off.

Reactions: LadyLuna
HiGirlsRHot said:
I seen plenty of models that said when I first saw them say, "I don't like girls, and no way I'm doing anal". Six month or year later they are advertising DP shows, and have plenty of girl girl video. In some case while exploring their sexuality did find they enjoyed a new kink? Sure but in many cases these were young woman in their mid to late 20 with plenty of sexual experience. I expect many are doing it just for the money. Camming is job, lots of people find parts of their jobs distasteful or even plain out horrendous, like salesperson or customer service rep having to lie to people.
For some people, when they first saw me, I was "in a monogamous relationship with a lesbian so I got all my dick needs fullfilled online". Utter bollocks, but I was still experimenting with what I was comfortable sharing and what my image was. Who WAS VeronicaChaos? Was she me, or a made-up me, or or or....? My point is that even if a girl appears to be doing things she honestly told you before she didn't like, it may very well be that she's become comfortable sharing a part of herself that she wasn't before. Especially if she's new.

There are other reasons a girl may "seem" vanilla at first. You don't really know what her personal interests are outside of cam. I stopped doing bdsm shows because I wasn't enjoying the clientele I was attracting and I was getting sick of "harder bb" every time I tried to spank myself. So I just completely quit doing them for a long time. Now that I'm more experienced in handling a room, I love doing those sorts of shows again.

Or hell! I kind of dig feet, I think they're neat looking and fun to draw and I've had boyfriends with feet fetishes. BUT on cam I strictly don't do foot fetish because I hate 99% of the feet guys. If that ever changed it may seem "HEY I SUDDENLY LIKE DOING FOOT THINGS" when in reality I always sort of dug it.

LacieLaPlante said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think what you might see happening is a bit of a fad because there are model epidemics - One model does a cool thing that makes her money, it trickles down and you'll see models of all ranks doing it eventually. Sometimes that turns into something models really truly enjoy. The others would probably stop doing them after a few tries. Why continue something you don't like ? Many, many people in this world are into some more of kink or BDSM, and this fad might open them up to a true enjoyment of it.

I just hope what you're saying is not, "Models, don't try this thing you might possibly enjoy because some of us won't enjoy it" but rather, "If you don't enjoy kink, don't feel forced to do it on cam because some of us also don't enjoy it"

Yes, the second meaning is what I meant. The fact that it's something that bothers me is why it's in this particular thread (I probably would have been more worried people would take it personally if it wasn't a gripe thread to begin with), but my point was that if that's not something you'd choose to do other than for business reasons, just know that there are some customers around for the "vanilla" style too. If someone wants to experiment, that's totally their business.

And to Lily: Yeah, cat ears alone aren't terribly kinky, I suppose. I first saw them in connection with a discussion of pet play, so they're kind of linked to that in my mind. There's that and the fact that I've just seen so many of them recently that what did seem kind of cute the first few times is just kind of an "oh, not again" thing to me now. "Kink" is just the best general word I could think of to describe things I had in mind. That word probably means different things to different people. There may be things I like that some people would call kinky. Dunno.

Finally, in case I somehow wasn't clear about this: I am judging no one. I am demanding nothing. People can and should do what works for them. All I was doing was mentioning a trend that I'm personally uncomfortable with and that it seemed to me that in *some* cases it was probably an "oh this is what people want now" thing rather than an "I'm going to start doing this because it's enjoyable for me" thing. I'm also well aware that nobody is required to base what they do on how I see things.

Status
Not open for further replies.