AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LacyLaila said:
ladies I just wanted to ask- is it annoying for a cam girl to not speak very much?

I've been watching BustyAn for a few sessions and she only types and occasionally says 'thankyou' ..and she has full rooms! (she is a babe though lol :p )

I know some guys dont have speakers so they like models to type.. but what are your opinions? thankyou :handgestures-salute: xxx

I prefer models who talk. At least in public. Obviously in PMs it's better for them to type.

I know one model who is real hot, but she hates how low in pitch her voice is and her bad English, so she always types. I think she could make more if she would talk... general consensus of people who know of her is she seems 'boring' because she never talks.

UncleThursday said:
LacyLaila said:
ladies I just wanted to ask- is it annoying for a cam girl to not speak very much?

I've been watching BustyAn for a few sessions and she only types and occasionally says 'thankyou' ..and she has full rooms! (she is a babe though lol :p )

I know some guys dont have speakers so they like models to type.. but what are your opinions? thankyou :handgestures-salute: xxx

I prefer models who talk. At least in public. Obviously in PMs it's better for them to type.

I know one model who is real hot, but she hates how low in pitch her voice is and her bad English, so she always types. I think she could make more if she would talk... general consensus of people who know of her is she seems 'boring' because she never talks.

I knew a girl that never talked on cam too. The feeling is the room is a lot different. She was smart, hot and all around awesome, but not talking just made the room seem boring (though it wasn't).

OK... so little ranty mode here after one model posted to come to her room to watch the USAvBEL World Cup game on Twitter today...

BUT STOP BROADCASTING MOVIES/TV SHOWS/SPORTING EVENTS ON YOUR STREAMS AS A MAIN ATTRACTION TO COME TO YOUR ROOMS!

Seriously. The models that do this are either incredibly naive to what could end up happening to ALL the models working, or are just so incredibly self absorbed that they don't care.

To those models who do this... do you not realize what could happen? I know we don't normally call models out, but I have to call Olivia out on this, because she is a major offender. Friday night movie, where the movie is the whole screen with a small face cam window in one corner of her eating popcorn; her broadcasting the SuperBowl as a major part of her screen, etc. All it would take is 1 (one) person who works for the company that owns the copyright on the media being streamed to see it and MFC would be shut down in a heartbeat pending the massive lawsuits coming its way.

Then NO model would be getting paid. Because whichever copyright holder ended up suing would demand ALL of MFC's earnings. And don't think it would end there, because they'd subpoena MFC for the offending model(s) name(s) and address(es) so they could sue the ever living shit out of those models, too.

To any model who does this, as more have started copying what Olivia is doing, especially the movie night thing... You are putting not only your own earnings at risk, but the earnings of every single model on the site.

For every person watching the stream, that would be one count of copyright violation. They might even go further and say that since every connection to the site could potentially have watched that stream, that it's that many more copyright violations. Even worse, they would claim that the models and MFC are charging admission (tips) to watch the media, which brings even more penalties.

Now, part of the blame has to go on Leo for this, too, because he doesn't enforce his own rules. Olivia is a top earner, so she brings in a lot of tokens, so that means people buy a lot of tokens to spend on her. He is making lots of money on her, so he lets it slide. But, I can guarantee that the moment an inkling of a lawsuit comes his way over something a model does, he'll try to shift the blame onto her directly to try and save his own ass. But the DMCA safe harbor clause won't really count, because he has the rules in place but never enforces them.

And before anyone thinks it would never happen, remember, these are the same industries that sue 12 year old children and 90+ year old grandparents for millions of dollars for file sharing for no profit. Exactly what do you think they'll do to people making money while showing their media without giving them their rather large cut?

I'm pretty sure we all signed the contract stating that MFC is not responsible for whatever we stream. íf you're happen to be caught broadcasting it's completely your own problem. So, you're not jeopardising your fellow models or MFC (don't you think a business like MFC would make issues like that completely watershut, making sure legally they're not responsible and can never take the fall)

Furthermore, this actually depends very much on the country you live in.
I've broadcasted one world cup game so far and prior to this I (obviously) looked into the legal side of it. It comes down to, I could get a permit, which is 800 euros or if I choose not to, and get caught I (yes, I, not MFC) would be fined with 5000 euros.

I was willing to take that chance.

in no way was I financially or otherwise causing problems for my fellow models.

and what about background music? I bet no model has bought commercial licenses of all their music.

The way cam girls view members is very in lightening. Seems like there is a lot of subtle manipulation on both ends.

Irishmut said:
The way cam girls view members is very in lightening. Seems like there is a lot of subtle manipulation on both ends.
It would be awesome if you maybe didn't generalize 'the way cam girls view members'. Not sure which camgirls you've come across, but the girls on this forum are far from being manipulating.

LilyMarie said:
Irishmut said:
It would be awesome if you maybe didn't generalize 'the way cam girls view members'. Not sure which camgirls you've come across, but the girls on this forum are far from being manipulating.

This forum is for models and members. So without actually listing individual models (which would be an attack), I think what I said was completely on point. If a model tells her members "come on guys only a little bit more for show", that is manipulation. If a member says, "come on (model) just show a little bit and I will tip", that is manipulation. It's subtle. The fact that you are taking offense and standing up for "all models" is a clear misconception on your part. Check the topic. Things that models do that annoy me, that would be you.

Irishmut said:
LilyMarie said:
This forum is for models and members. So without actually listing individual models (which would be an attack), I think what I said was completely on point. If a model tells her members "come on guys only a little bit more for show", that is manipulation. If a member says, "come on (model) just show a little bit and I will tip", that is manipulation. It's subtle. The fact that you are taking offense and standing up for "all models" is a clear misconception on your part. Check the topic. Things that models do that annoy me, that would be you.

"come on guys only a little bit more for show"

That's pretty much the whole point of cam sites. :think:

Irishmut said:
LilyMarie said:
Irishmut said:

Saying "come on guys, only a little bit more for the show" is VERY different from a member saying something similar to a model. The latter is like asking to eat your cheeseburger before you've paid for your happy meal. I don't know where you're from, but in pretty much every developed country, you pay for goods and services before they are handed to you. Saying "I am willing to do X on camera for $Y" is just a girl letting you know her price point for a certain show. It's standard operating procedure, not manipulation.

Unless you're talking about a girl being vague about how many tokens it takes for a goal/cumshow, and just never delivering. But that's very different, and very, very specific.

If you're really annoyed by all models, or think that all of us are manipulative, I suggest finding a healthier and more positive outlet for your time and money.

LilahMorrigan said:
Irishmut said:
LilyMarie said:
Irishmut said:

Saying "come on guys, only a little bit more for the show" is VERY different from a member saying something similar to a model. The latter is like asking to eat your cheeseburger before you've paid for your happy meal. I don't know where you're from, but in pretty much every developed country, you pay for goods and services before they are handed to you. Saying "I am willing to do X on camera for $Y" is just a girl letting you know her price point for a certain show. It's standard operating procedure, not manipulation.

Unless you're talking about a girl being vague about how many tokens it takes for a goal/cumshow, and just never delivering. But that's very different, and very, very specific.

If you're really annoyed by all models, or think that all of us are manipulative, I suggest finding a healthier and more positive outlet for your time and money.

Manipulation just isn't the right word either. What you're talking about (from the member or the model) is an offer. "if you do x I will do y". Its clear and simple.

Manipulation sounds like something underhanded. It means the model is doing something that she is not being completely upfront about. Ex: My cat will DIE if I dont hit this goal. I wont be able to afford her surgery.

That's manipulative. It's designed specifically to guilt-trip members into tipping.
Its even more manipulative if she's doing it and it's not true. Well, then its also fraud.

i hope this makes the difference clearer to you.

its customary on camsites (and most places) to pay for what you wish you receive first. That's why its rude for a member to say "do x and THEN ill tip y" but not rude for a model to offer "y more tokens till i do x"

I actually wouldn't call a member doing that manipulative either (unless he's not going to follow through with his offer) Just.. a bit rude.

LilahMorrigan said:
Irishmut said:
LilyMarie said:
Irishmut said:

I'm sorry, didn't you read my original post? If you did, you took a HARD turn in a completely different direction. Not sure where in there you got your response from.

All I meant by "manipulate" was the act of convincing someone of something for personal gain. Sorry if my examples were not on par with the point I was making.

Irishmut said:
All I meant by "manipulate" was the act of convincing someone of something for personal gain. Sorry if my examples were not on par with the point I was making.

Are you referring to the usual "100 for tit flash" or something else? Did a model lie to you?

Irishmut said:

Well if you have a problem with *that* you got bigger fish to fry.
This is how the world works.

"would you like fries with that?"

And if its only just now become clear to you that models are trying to convince you to tip them so that they can pay their bills/have financial freedom then I feel very, very sorry for you.

The reason this is ok, and its not ok for members to say what they say is that they can get the same personal gain by simply asking

"how much would you charge for x" and then tipping it first and then receiving their personal gain. Not after. And at the same time they follow the general custom of MFC, and most western transactions in general. Which would seem like a logical thing to do.

members don't actually need to convince us of anything for personal gain, because we are already offering. Its a smorgasbord of models offering different things out there and they can just go pick what they like, pay, and get what they want.

I'm even more confused now.

So the most annoying thing a cam model can do is be an honest cam model who offers services?

got it... :? maybe... where are we? Do you know? I don't think you know...

JoleneBrody said:

So the most annoying thing a cam model can do is be an honest cam model who offers services?

Stop manipulating me please :?

Irishmut said:
If a model tells her members "come on guys only a little bit more for show", that is manipulation.

Annoying? Yeah the "come on guys" line is super annoying. Begging? Yeah it usually comes across that way. Manipulating? Naw dude, never felt manipulated into doing anything on a camsite.

Reactions: LadyLuna
mynameisbob84 said:
JoleneBrody said:

I'M SORRY!!!!! My vindictive little heart just can't help it!

I MUST WHORE!

JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:
JoleneBrody said:

I MUST WHORE!

LOL :angry4:

Jacky7 said:
JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:
JoleneBrody said:

I MUST WHORE!

LOL :angry4:
500 tokens and I'll make that fire RAGE bb. RAWR!

Irishmut said:
Hmm I see I making a big mess. I apologize for not adequately explaining my point. Forgive me?

VhlQDQi.jpg

:shifty:

There is definitely a lot of manipulation on cam sites from both members and models, but simply stating "come on guys a little more to get to the show" is not an example of it.

Irishmut said:

So convincing you that my name is Steph?
Convincing you that "my pussy is dripping wet for you"?
Convincing you that I do in fact have a unicorn?

Excluding the last one that I simply added for my entertainment are all parts of the job, not really manipulation.

No one accuses customer support of being manipulative by saying "I'd be happy to help you" and "have a wonderful day" when in reality they don't want to help you and hope you fall in a ditch.

Still confused about your original post being somehow about manipulation.

SexyStephXS said:

Excluding the last one that I simply added for my entertainment are all parts of the job, not really manipulation.

No one accuses customer support of being manipulative by saying "I'd be happy to help you" and "have a wonderful day" when in reality they don't want to help you and hope you fall in a ditch.

What day and time may I see your unicorn bb?

Reactions: SexySteph
Irishmut said:
AmberCutie said:
There is definitely a lot of manipulation on cam sites from both members and models, but simply stating "come on guys a little more to get to the show" is not an example of it.

Ummm yeah, I think I will work on my use of examples for next time. :-D

There definitely are models who manipulate and even scam members. Generally, thought not always, unfortunately, guys catch on and those models gradually fade away.

SexyStephXS said:
Irishmut said:

Steph I am not insulting cam models. You are making connections were there are none. All I was turning to say (unsuccessfully) is that both models and members try and get what they want while trying to screw the other one. It annoys me, sorry that you are upset that I dislike when people try and take advantage of others.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.