AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambers Troll said:
livvy said:
It drives me nuts when models talk bad about other models publicly.

Where is the love?
Do agree, but wanted to add a bit.
Private badmouthing of other models I really hate too. Whatever is said usually has no effect on my view of the other model at all anyway, I'm sometimes curious to find out for myself but reserve judgement until I experience it myself.

Besides all that telling may have the opposite effect, the member may find the behaviour thrilling.... after all the most interesting models are often those who misbehave most.

I agree. Any badmouthing of other models is bad.

Like Eminem's mama always used to say: 'I don't have anything nice to say then shut the F. up!'

Queen_Anne said:
Ambers Troll said:
livvy said:

Where is the love?
Do agree, but wanted to add a bit.
Private badmouthing of other models I really hate too. Whatever is said usually has no effect on my view of the other model at all anyway, I'm sometimes curious to find out for myself but reserve judgement until I experience it myself.

Besides all that telling may have the opposite effect, the member may find the behaviour thrilling.... after all the most interesting models are often those who misbehave most.

I agree. Any badmouthing of other models is bad.

Like Eminem's mama always used to say: 'I don't have anything nice to say then shut the F. up!'

It's also really bad marketing. A model's not going to convince me that her shows are the ones I should be watching if all she says is that I shouldn't watch model x or model y.

While we're on the subject. I've talked earlier in this thread about a very early experience where a model has been publicly slagging off another model our of sheer unbridled jealousy for over two fucking years now. Back in december, this model said that she was "done with negativity" and yet, a week or so ago, I caught a stream of subtweets about the model she still tries to claim she's not obsessing over.

It ended with her telling "tippers" that they should be careful to only tip those models who care about them and not the "top models" who are only greedy and are "camming for the money" (doing a job in order to get paid? The nerve!).

Don't do this, it won't get any new people to your room. And even worse than that, it drives away people like me who now regret ever giving her a single token to begin with.

Whats the go with ninja/fake tipping? I seen someone tipping massive coin to a model with a name in chat that had no profile and wasn't in the list of members, but the text style, colour & size matched models in the list(room helper maybe). I suppose doing it a bit to get things rolling is ok but they were dropping 90% of the goal do they tip each other for the cam score or to give every one a free show?

I know some people here can spent $1000 like it's nothing but it looked a bit strange, i'll usually tip more if is a good show and every one having fun i don't really care, cause a token is worth not much but i think when people see that they think it's all good that guys got it covered.

Reactions: KelliAutumn
livvy said:

Where is the love?

I agree, when models are badmouthing other models all it does is make me want to check out whoever they are talking about, their badmouthing basically turns into free advertising for the model. I first discovered one of my favourite models that way when another model was saying some really nasty things about her as a person and her shows.

On the otherhand I also really like when models spread the love and are open enough to talk about other models and even send up some recommendations of their friends or just others they think are hot but I guess not many do that because they worry you'll take your tokens to them instead.

justwantsfun said:
Whats the go with ninja/fake tipping? I seen someone tipping massive coin to a model with a name in chat that had no profile and wasn't in the list of members, but the text style, colour & size matched models in the list(room helper maybe). I suppose doing it a bit to get things rolling is ok but they were dropping 90% of the goal do they tip each other for the cam score or to give every one a free show?

I know some people here can spent $1000 like it's nothing but it looked a bit strange, i'll usually tip more if is a good show and every one having fun i don't really care, cause a token is worth not much but i think when people see that they think it's all good that guys got it covered.

Models can't tip, so it can't have been that. When we do tip, we tip from our premium accounts. We tip for the same reasons everyone else does.

Ninja tipping is not fake, its just unseen. People do that for many reasons.

It could have been a room helper?

None of these things mean that they are FAKE tipping. Sometimes its not about the room. Sometimes it's just..... to spoil someone they like?

Has it occured to you you might have zero idea whats going on here?? this whole post seems so confused..

Miss_Lollipop said:
justwantsfun said:

Models can't tip, so it can't have been that. When we do tip, we tip from our premium accounts. We tip for the same reasons everyone else does.

Ninja tipping is not fake, its just unseen. People do that for many reasons.

It could have been a room helper?

None of these things mean that they are FAKE tipping. Sometimes its not about the room. Sometimes it's just..... to spoil someone they like?

Has it occured to you you might have zero idea whats going on here?? this whole post seems so confused..

@justwantsfun: People ninja tip for all sorts of different reasons. Some don't want to be recognized because they might get harassed by other models (this has happened to one of my regulars), some don't want the tips to count towards the countdown, maybe they have something personal to say to the model, maybe they just don't want to show off.

That said, none of them are fake tips, they're just unseen by anyone else, hence the term "ninja." :)

fandango said:
livvy said:

Where is the love?

I agree, when models are badmouthing other models all it does is make me want to check out whoever they are talking about, their badmouthing basically turns into free advertising for the model. I first discovered one of my favourite models that way when another model was saying some really nasty things about her as a person and her shows.

On the otherhand I also really like when models spread the love and are open enough to talk about other models and even send up some recommendations of their friends or just others they think are hot but I guess not many do that because they worry you'll take your tokens to them instead.

I occasionally mention models that I like in my chat but mainly those that have a different camming style to mine. So if a member does take their tokens there it's ok and it means they were looking for something different. And I often get very vague and say I really like some ACF models but will not get too specific.

Queen_Anne said:
fandango said:
livvy said:

Where is the love?

I occasionally mention models that I like in my chat but mainly those that have a different camming style to mine. So if a member does take their tokens there it's ok and it means they were looking for something different. And I often get very vague and say I really like some ACF models but will not get too specific.

I do the same, since I am new I like to mention the models that I watched to learn how MFC works and who ade me want to work on there in the first place!

eclipse76 said:
Thing that some models here do. When you have a super customized profile, please don't remove this:

Profile Headline: ***
Last Login: Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:42 AM
Last Updated: Sun, Feb 22 2015 9:47 AM
I wish I could shout this from the rooftops. Removing a functional part of the profile just to make it look pretty is ridiculous, IMO.

It's really weird to see a model complain about members and how bad her day was when her profile says she only sends out good vibes/positivity. I've seen this happen with several models and it makes me feel very conflicted. On one hand, it's none of my business. On the other hand, I really wish they would take a moment to relax before they post! Complaining publicly can't help make matters any better. :c

I just visited a model's room and she had a large banner filling the upper third of her screen and blocking her face.

:woops:

Divahkiin said:
It's really weird to see a model complain about members and how bad her day was when her profile says she only sends out good vibes/positivity. I've seen this happen with several models and it makes me feel very conflicted. On one hand, it's none of my business. On the other hand, I really wish they would take a moment to relax before they post! Complaining publicly can't help make matters any better. :c

Short term I bet it gives offline pity tips, similar to a model complaining how slow it is on cam usually does the same. So maybe it does make matters better.

I have to imagine long term it hurts though. Speaking from a members perspective, It can be pretty demoralizing when your tipping well and having a fun time with a model, only to hear her complaining about how bad a time it is/was for her (because no one else is helping). Having this happen enough times likely seems like it would drive a tipping member away. I know if I was visiting a model for the first time and that happened, I wouldn't come back.

Members tipping psychology really interests me, I wish I was able to run the numbers and min/max this type of stuff to do a cost-benefit analysis on what's optimal for a model, then extrapolate the findings to compare with real world theories. Like "Game Theory" except for camming.

Perfect timing after I read the 2 previous posts. Couple nights ago a struggling model said she would not log on on her birthday, because last year "all my prems were hiding on my birthday."

So, silly me, felt bad for her, and tipped 200 (let's call this a pity tip) with an early happy birthday note. She looked at the screen, posted a :roll: emote, lay down with her back to the cam for a few minutes, and logged off.

So yeah, in the short-term (very short-term) it kinda worked for her. But I sure won't do it again.

Lesson learned.

JimsX said:
Perfect timing after I read the 2 previous posts. Couple nights ago a struggling model said she would not log on on her birthday, because last year "all my prems were hiding on my birthday."

So, silly me, felt bad for her, and tipped 200 (let's call this a pity tip) with an early happy birthday note. She looked at the screen, posted a :roll: emote, lay down with her back to the cam for a few minutes, and logged off.

So yeah, in the short-term (very short-term) it kinda worked for her. But I sure won't do it again.

Lesson learned.

I wonder why all "her premiums" were hiding from her. Hmm. *thinking*

DuoShi said:
JimsX said:

Lesson learned.

:lol: Yeah I figured it out pretty quickly too.

JimsX said:
DuoShi said:
JimsX said:

Lesson learned.

:lol: Yeah I figured it out pretty quickly too.

For real. Id hide too. If any model tried to make me feel guilty for not tipping her enough I would never return to her room.

JimsX said:

Lesson learned.
:shock: that is honestly shocking.

Models who threaten to take members off their friends list if they don't come visit them, like, right that second. I get that it's pointless keeping someone on your friends list if they never visit, but having someone on your friends list doesn't mean you get to decide how they spend their time on MFC, yo.

ACFFAN69 said:
Short term I bet it gives offline pity tips, similar to a model complaining how slow it is on cam usually does the same. So maybe it does make matters better.

I have to imagine long term it hurts though. Speaking from a members perspective, It can be pretty demoralizing when your tipping well and having a fun time with a model, only to hear her complaining about how bad a time it is/was for her (because no one else is helping). Having this happen enough times likely seems like it would drive a tipping member away. I know if I was visiting a model for the first time and that happened, I wouldn't come back.

Members tipping psychology really interests me, I wish I was able to run the numbers and min/max this type of stuff to do a cost-benefit analysis on what's optimal for a model, then extrapolate the findings to compare with real world theories. Like "Game Theory" except for camming.

I don't know, in my room, sometimes this similar scenario happens. There's usually a few people who are tipping GREAT and then there might be a hundred or even two hundred people who aren't at all. And the members who are tipping for countdowns get frustrated because they can't carry the weight of an entire token countdown, and it's not fair of a room of that size to expect one person to do that for them.

Last week this happened, and a few of the members who had tipped a lot that night (definitely over a few thousand tokens collectively) got really pissed off, started calling the room freeloaders, losers, etc. And I was probably more frustrated with the room than them. But what is a model supposed to say in that scenario?

"Oh it's okay! It's called MyFREEcams after all!" Which not only sounds super fake, but only encourages the people who don't tip.

It's a difficult situation to handle. In the end, I decided to be honest and pointed out that the room needs to stop relying on "heroes" all of the time. That it's not fair for 100 or 250 people to get a free show when it means two people have to spend a few hundred dollars. That I am not okay with the same people showing up every single day for months and months and never tipping. That I don't like asking for tips, but at the same time it's just really weird that people won't when they obviously like what they see by visiting as much as they do. I pointed out how this would be really weird if someone were to spend hours a day every day for months staring at a street performer and never once even putting so much as a nickel in their hat.

Public shows are supposed to be a group effort, and if a group isn't going to help out, then I have no problem with only encouraging privates. If someone contributes 1000 tokens, I'd rather it go towards a private they enjoy rather than towards a countdown that no one else helps out with and just goes nowhere.

Believe me, I don't think that most models are ungrateful for someone who does tip, but it can be hard to find the right words when no one else is helping either. I am not even sure if what I said was the right thing in public chat, perhaps not, but on the other hand I think it did.

It's a difficult situation to handle. In the end, I decided to be honest and pointed out that the room needs to stop relying on "heroes" all of the time. That it's not fair for 100 or 250 people to get a free show when it means two people have to spend a few hundred dollars. That I am not okay with the same people showing up every single day for months and months and never tipping. That I don't like asking for tips, but at the same time it's just really weird that people won't when they obviously like what they see by visiting as much as they do. I pointed out how this would be really weird if someone were to spend hours a day every day for months staring at a street performer and never once even putting so much as a nickel in their hat.

Public shows are supposed to be a group effort.
Ah, this so much. I mean, I love love love the bomb tips that my regs drop on me when they are feeling uber. But I hate hate hate when no other viewers shell out a few tokens for the show they're watching, or for the countdown before the show. It's such an awkward feeling!

JimsX said:

Lesson learned.
Well that sounds like top-notch bullshit. :(
I've tipped a model and not gotten a thank you before, but an outright negative response? Fuck..

As a model, I am afraid of one day getting pity tips. I don't want to be known as "that model". If I'm that depressed, I'm not going on cam. I don't want my regs to see me like that and I sure as hell don't want them to pity tip! Even if they're my buddies they're online to have fun, not babysit a sad model. No one should feel guilty or like the model "needs" a tip in order to feel better. Putting that stress on someone would feel so dirty..

Divahkiin said:
JimsX said:

Lesson learned.
Well that sounds like top-notch bullshit. :(
I've tipped a model and not gotten a thank you before, but an outright negative response? Fuck..

As a model, I am afraid of one day getting pity tips. I don't want to be known as "that model". If I'm that depressed, I'm not going on cam. I don't want my regs to see me like that and I sure as hell don't want them to pity tip! Even if they're my buddies they're online to have fun, not babysit a sad model. No one should feel guilty or like the model "needs" a tip in order to feel better. Putting that stress on someone would feel so dirty..

I completely and utterly agree. Just to add to that. As cam girls, we are there to entertain. Spending time online and moaning about lack of tips would be as if an actor on stage would stop in the middle of the play and start moaning over empty seats in the audience.

SaydaFaye said:
I don't watch other girls cams often other than to see what I'm doing wrong/right compared to the top girls. I do get very annoyed when girls complain about their regulars tipping other girls. I understand it can hurt their feelings, but complaining about how someone else wants to spend money they earned seems a bit petty.

It's been mentioned before, by me and others, but it would be like a member getting mad a model went private with another member.

None of us own each other. We can all tip/go private/go group with whoever we want, whenever we want.

Do members have favorite models? Yes. Does that mean those are the only models they tip/private/go group with? I'd say in over 90% of the time, no. I'm sure there are some members who do that, but I think they are a very small minority.

Do models have favorite members? I'm sure they do, for varying reasons (some might like a particular member in private, others just in their rooms, etc.). Does this mean that they should expect that member to not talk to/tip/etc. other models? No. Unless the model is giving 24 hour very special attention to said member (which I doubt happens outside of extremely rare circumstances), then she can't expect that member to be "loyal" to only her.

I would be like a model getting upset that a favorite member got a significant other, or even just a random hook-up or got laid or something. Unless the model has explicitly told the member they like them and they're making plans to get together, it's none of her business. Conversely, it's none of the members' business if the model gets (or already has) a significant other, gets laid, etc. It happens that members and models say stuff like they got laid to one another. It's happened when I got laid, recently... hell, one model makes it very public on twitter that she just got banged-- I've seen it from her on more than one occasion. But, that's about as far as it has to go. Unless plans are in the works to meet up between member and model, it's nothing the other should be concerned about. Some members and models just have enough of a friendly rapport that they feel OK saying "I got laid" to one another.

------

OK, now for something I am not sure I have mentioned... the "so hot but so boring" models.

The ones more concerned with their phones, barely talk (or type for those who don't speak English well) to their rooms, in some cases rarely even smile.

Myself and most of the lounge 10k know of at least one or more of these models. One, in particular, when she is linked gets tons of "if only she wasn't so boring" replies, because she is really hot. This one, though, is one of those multisite models and pays far more attention to the other site she is on. Hell, she's smiling right now, and this may be the first time I have seen her do that in months.

I just don't get how some of these "hot but boring" models expect to make money if they look like they'd rather be watching grass grow over being on cam.

LuthienBlythe said:
ACFFAN69 said:

I don't know, in my room, sometimes this similar scenario happens. There's usually a few people who are tipping GREAT and then there might be a hundred or even two hundred people who aren't at all. And the members who are tipping for countdowns get frustrated because they can't carry the weight of an entire token countdown, and it's not fair of a room of that size to expect one person to do that for them.

Last week this happened, and a few of the members who had tipped a lot that night (definitely over a few thousand tokens collectively) got really pissed off, started calling the room freeloaders, losers, etc. And I was probably more frustrated with the room than them. But what is a model supposed to say in that scenario?

"Oh it's okay! It's called MyFREEcams after all!" Which not only sounds super fake, but only encourages the people who don't tip.

Public shows are supposed to be a group effort, and if a group isn't going to help out, then I have no problem with only encouraging privates. If someone contributes 1000 tokens, I'd rather it go towards a private they enjoy rather than towards a countdown that no one else helps out with and just goes nowhere.

Believe me, I don't think that most models are ungrateful for someone who does tip, but it can be hard to find the right words when no one else is helping either. I am not even sure if what I said was the right thing in public chat, perhaps not, but on the other hand I think it did.
I think you handled that perfectly. There is a big difference between calling out freeloaders and being careful not insulting the paying members and just outright stating "Tonight is/was awful!" or a derivative of that statement on twitter or on cam. That sort of attitude was what my post was focusing more on.

As is always mentioned here, camming is fantasy. The fantasy for most members (on MFC) is that the model is enjoying being there with the members in her room. Reminders that it is a job really hurt the fantasy. It's a bit of a "boner killer" when the model makes it obvious she would rather be somewhere else, especially for members that are tipping and having a good time. Instead what you did was promote an environment where more people would hopefully join in and help the tipping member. That does not ruin the fantasy.

ACFFAN69 said:
I think you handled that perfectly. There is a big difference between calling out freeloaders and being careful not insulting the paying members and just outright stating "Tonight is/was awful!" or a derivative of that statement on twitter or on cam. That sort of attitude was what my post was focusing more on.

This X10000! I feel like this is so so so so SO incredibly important for models, that it's like the golden goose of cam knowledge. IMO this is the #1 destroyer of camgirls with potential and it's seems like the easiest thing to avoid. Example:

These days I rarely have to cancel a countdown, but when I do the reason is always a lack of TEAM effort and I try really hard to only do it when I can tell the tipping members are trying their darndest to encourage the room and it's just not working and everyone including the members is getting frustrated. It is so incredibly important to me that the ENTIRE room understand the reason I'm leaving is not because my frands didn't tip enough, but because too many people were unwilling to help them even a little to reach the show. I do not want for a single second for a member to think that even his 5 tok tip wasn't incredibly appreciated, because if every member tipped 5 tokens this would never have to happen.

It's a delicate balancing act and it's really easy to mess up and say the wrong words, but I think if every girl tried to keep this is mind when a night is slow it would have a drastic effect on the long run. This includes twitter, apologize to the members who tried for the freeloaders shortcomings, don't rant about how they didn't do enough despite their tipping efforts. That's some bad vibes mayne.

There is, and always has been, a simple solution for that: group and private shows. Show the freeloaders nothing, allow the people who are willing to pay to be directly rewarded for it.

The explosion of notoriety and revenue involved with public shows makes this less and less popular, though.

Edit: to the original topic of the thread, one of the most annoying thing a model can do, in my opinion, is put up additional barriers between a willing and able customer and a product you the model is willing to offer.

Webcams are great for their immediacy, connection and convenience. If I have to wait for some mass of strangers to hit an arbitrary goal before I can buy a product, I'm going to the next store.

Reactions: KelliAutumn
Kchrpm said:
There is, and always has been, a simple solution for that: group and private shows. Show the freeloaders nothing, allow the people who are willing to pay to be directly rewarded for it.

The explosion of notoriety and revenue involved with public shows makes this less and less popular, though.

Yeah, that's not the simple solution everyone thinks it is. I used to be a group and private only model, who did soft core in public chat. I know from experience that if j can't get people to tip for a countdown that night, a group show def isn't worth it. I'll end up doing a show for 600 tokens and feeling icky about it. Luckily I have a member site so if I really want to punish the freeloaders I can just take it to a members only show on my site.

It's a simple solution for making sure the people spending money aren't just setting it on fire, but not for revenue. I fully understand why it's not popular, the models and big customers are the ones that need to be happy, not the middle class.

Status
Not open for further replies.