AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kchrpm said:
It's a simple solution for making sure the people spending money aren't just setting it on fire, but not for revenue. I fully understand why it's not popular, the models and big customers are the ones that need to be happy, not the middle class.

I think the best solution for that is to tip a model who is entertaining you, regardless of a countdown.

Edit: from your previous post though I wonder if MFC is not the right site for you? You might enjoy the way things are done on streamate more.

Kchrpm said:
It's a simple solution for making sure the people spending money aren't just setting it on fire, but not for revenue. I fully understand why it's not popular, the models and big customers are the ones that need to be happy, not the middle class.
When you run the type of room that has a large handful of chatty regulars sometimes it's much more fun to keep things in the public environment so that those who can't tip or spend tokens on that particular day can still participate. Among the busiest rooms on MFC, I'd guess that only a small majority of those girls actually do privates or groups due to this. MFC is attuned to be a very social place, it's a community beyond being just a cam site. I imagine if girls/members were more into one-on-one interaction (privates) they'd be on a more private based site like Streamate.

JoleneBrody said:
Kchrpm said:

I think the best solution for that is to tip a model who is entertaining you, regardless of a countdown.

Edit: from your previous post though I wonder if MFC is not the right site for you? You might enjoy the way things are done on streamate more.
Hah same wavelength of thought there!

ACFFAN69 said:
Divahkiin said:
It's really weird to see a model complain about members and how bad her day was when her profile says she only sends out good vibes/positivity. I've seen this happen with several models and it makes me feel very conflicted. On one hand, it's none of my business. On the other hand, I really wish they would take a moment to relax before they post! Complaining publicly can't help make matters any better. :c

Short term I bet it gives offline pity tips, similar to a model complaining how slow it is on cam usually does the same. So maybe it does make matters better.

I have to imagine long term it hurts though. Speaking from a members perspective, It can be pretty demoralizing when your tipping well and having a fun time with a model, only to hear her complaining about how bad a time it is/was for her (because no one else is helping). Having this happen enough times likely seems like it would drive a tipping member away. I know if I was visiting a model for the first time and that happened, I wouldn't come back.

Members tipping psychology really interests me, I wish I was able to run the numbers and min/max this type of stuff to do a cost-benefit analysis on what's optimal for a model, then extrapolate the findings to compare with real world theories. Like "Game Theory" except for camming.

I have a model whose room I hang out in that's been doing this for an extended period. She doesn't post here but she posts on twitter and says it in her room a lot. And it kinda kills the energy. And as a room member you want to be helpful but it's going to the point where I find myself wondering if I really want to go into that room. I suspect I won't be hanging out in that room much longer. I feel kinda bad about it but the room is so dead and the opposite of fun.

I don't spend the kind of time or money that I used to on camming sites, starting at a new one doesn't really interest me. I just find models that I like that are willing to do private shows and make a personal connection on MFC, or failing that sell videos. If I want to see a free show that's just going out to the crowd, I'll go to a tube site and pick a specific one that I don't have to wait for. If I want my voice to get lost in a massive crowd...well, I never feel that way, I don't know what I'd do in that situation.

But I do understand that I'm in the vast minority and that my particular opinion on the subject doesn't really matter much in the scheme of things as I've already found solutions (mostly avoiding rooms where this frustration arises, no matter how much I enjoy the company of the model therein).

But I replied to a tweet, and Amber told me to post here, and I'm bad at telling her no.

Reactions: LexieBlair
Kchrpm said:
But I do understand that I'm in the vast minority and that my particular opinion on the subject doesn't really matter much in the scheme of things as I've already found solutions (mostly avoiding rooms where this frustration arises, no matter how much I enjoy the company of the model therein).

But I replied to a tweet, and Amber told me to post here, and I'm bad at telling her no.
Hehe, I just wanted you to share your opinion here instead of on my Twitter feed. I posted the link to this for thread interaction! ;)

hontom said:
I have to imagine long term it hurts though. Speaking from a members perspective, It can be pretty demoralizing when your tipping well and having a fun time with a model, only to hear her complaining about how bad a time it is/was for her (because no one else is helping). Having this happen enough times likely seems like it would drive a tipping member away. I know if I was visiting a model for the first time and that happened, I wouldn't come back.

I have a model whose room I hang out in that's been doing this for an extended period. She doesn't post here but she posts on twitter and says it in her room a lot. And it kinda kills the energy. And as a room member you want to be helpful but it's going to the point where I find myself wondering if I really want to go into that room. I suspect I won't be hanging out in that room much longer. I feel kinda bad about it but the room is so dead and the opposite of fun.

I agree with this, and it's one of the biggest thing that causes me to move on. It's fine if it's just once in a while--everyone has a bad day. But when it's all the time, then it's clear things aren't working out. Essentially, the model is saying she's not cut out for this type of work. Either she doesn't enjoy it or it doesn't bring in the revenue she wants. In either case, I know I can't solve those problems. I don't want to give some pity support. Either she needs to figure out how to make it work or move on to something which she's happier about doing.

mynameisbob84 said:
Models who threaten to take members off their friends list if they don't come visit them, like, right that second. I get that it's pointless keeping someone on your friends list if they never visit, but having someone on your friends list doesn't mean you get to decide how they spend their time on MFC, yo.

When I was still on MFC, what I did was remove members off my friends list if I saw them online a lot and they stopped visiting me for 3-4 months, would you consider that reasonable?

sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Models who threaten to take members off their friends list if they don't come visit them, like, right that second. I get that it's pointless keeping someone on your friends list if they never visit, but having someone on your friends list doesn't mean you get to decide how they spend their time on MFC, yo.

When I was still on MFC, what I did was remove members off my friends list if I saw them online a lot and they stopped visiting me for 3-4 months, would you consider that reasonable?

I know I'm not the OP, but I think that is perfectly fine. The annoying part is when models make a point of announcing it frequently: "If you're on my friends list, come into my room or I'm removing you!"

PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I know I'm not the OP, but I think that is perfectly fine. The annoying part is when models make a point of announcing it frequently: "If you're on my friends list, come into my room or I'm removing you!"

Exactly this. It's not that models shouldn't be able to add/remove members from their friends list as they see fit, but rather that some seem to be of the opinion that a member being on their friends list means that they should be in their room whenever they log on. That and publicly giving out ultimatums to members ("do this now or be punished") strikes me as counter-productive (unless that's their camming persona and their members are submissives who are in to being told what to do).

PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

For me it's when it crosses the line into manipulative or possessive behavior. I assume most models do a Spring Cleaning of their friends list just for sanity's sake. And if I'm not in a models room for a number of months, I don't expect to remain on their friend's list. But if I'm hearing it because I'm not in a models room tonight when I was last night then it crosses then we're not kosher. Where that line is exactly is going to vary by situation.

hontom said:
PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

For me it's when it crosses the line into manipulative or possessive behavior. I assume most models do a Spring Cleaning of their friends list just for sanity's sake. And if I'm not in a models room for a number of months, I don't expect to remain on their friend's list. But if I'm hearing it because I'm not in a models room tonight when I was last night then it crosses then we're not kosher. Where that line is exactly is going to vary by situation.
I do this from time to time, although not uses as a " punishment" I usually say hello and ask how someone's day was or week or whatever. After sending 2 or 3 pms that go unanswered I just send them a polite, I am going to take you off my list to avoid bothering you, thank you for everything and hope you're well! Its more of a way for me not to bother them and also so I don't feel bad when I have 50 million friends online and none hanging out. I've told many many of my members that I don't expect them to come running when I pm them, never. What they do outside of my room is not my business nor do I think I'm the only person in the world. I am the type who really does just want to see how people are doing. But as previously stated, if they don't reply at all for consecutive messages, I assume they don't want to be bothered and I respect that as well.

xDollPartsx said:
hontom said:
PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I do this from time to time, although not uses as a " punishment" I usually say hello and ask how someone's day was or week or whatever. After sending 2 or 3 pms that go unanswered I just send them a polite, I am going to take you off my list to avoid bothering you, thank you for everything and hope you're well! Its more of a way for me not to bother them and also so I don't feel bad when I have 50 million friends online and none hanging out. I've told many many of my members that I don't expect them to come running when I pm them, never. What they do outside of my room is not my business nor do I think I'm the only person in the world. I am the type who really does just want to see how people are doing. But as previously stated, if they don't reply at all for consecutive messages, I assume they don't want to be bothered and I respect that as well.

Are we talking about consecutive days or in a night? Because I have a terrible habit of leaving a tab with the MFC homepage open and going to sleep without recalling I did that. So if it was night I might end up unfriended. If it's a few days then yeah, maybe. A lot of it would depend on the dynamic between the people.

No no no no not all in one night haha, THAT would be excessive and bothering people. I mean multiple different days consecutively.

Kchrpm said:
There is, and always has been, a simple solution for that: group and private shows. Show the freeloaders nothing, allow the people who are willing to pay to be directly rewarded for it.

The explosion of notoriety and revenue involved with public shows makes this less and less popular, though.

JoleneBrody said:
Yeah, that's not the simple solution everyone thinks it is. I used to be a group and private only model, who did soft core in public chat. I know from experience that if j can't get people to tip for a countdown that night, a group show def isn't worth it. I'll end up doing a show for 600 tokens and feeling icky about it. Luckily I have a member site so if I really want to punish the freeloaders I can just take it to a members only show on my site.

It's a balancing act, I guess.

Some models make 90%+ of their earnings, even on MFC, in privates or groups. Some are the opposite, and make the vast majority in public. Obviously, this would only account for sites that allow public chat things, like MFC or CB; SM and other sites are all about the private shows.

For instance, one model I know doesn't do much more than get nude in public, but makes a good deal of tokens on MFC doing it. But the once or twice a month she decides to go group, she'll be in there for a good half hour with no less than 20 people for at least the first 15 minutes of those groups. I've seen her get as high as 60 people for a good few minutes. She'll also do true privates, but normally only after the majority of her shift is done (and mostly just with people on her friends list); but even in those she'll be a good half hour per true private. She makes a lot in public, but those rare groups/true privates are also big earners for her.

Another model I know doesn't normally do more than show her boobs in public, but tends to do a lot of groups and privates. She's been consistently top 250 for the past 2 years, every month, sometimes breaking top 200, some months. On the extremely rare occasion she decides to go full nude in public, her room count can jump to over 1500 people... but that doesn't necessarily means tips flow in. She makes the majority of her money doing groups and privates, and still breaks top 250 each month. However, going from experience, I can also pretty confidently say she has a lot of returning private and group customers. I know I've taken her private the most of any model, and I've gone group with her more times than I can count.

Then there are the models that do (almost) no groups or privates, and make the vast majority of their earnings in public chat. They can get high room counts, but also realize that going group or private can decimate those room count numbers, so they generally avoid them. Pretty much everything they make is done solely in public chat.

Then there's the models that do a mix of public, group, private and skype to get their earnings.

It really depends on the model, her personality, and what she is willing to do in public vs. private or group, I suppose.

sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Totally reasonable. And if said member comes back a year later and complains that he is no longer on your friends' list, perma-ban his ass. :handgestures-salute:

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
UncleThursday said:
Kchrpm said:
There is, and always has been, a simple solution for that: group and private shows. Show the freeloaders nothing, allow the people who are willing to pay to be directly rewarded for it.

The explosion of notoriety and revenue involved with public shows makes this less and less popular, though.

JoleneBrody said:
Yeah, that's not the simple solution everyone thinks it is. I used to be a group and private only model, who did soft core in public chat. I know from experience that if j can't get people to tip for a countdown that night, a group show def isn't worth it. I'll end up doing a show for 600 tokens and feeling icky about it. Luckily I have a member site so if I really want to punish the freeloaders I can just take it to a members only show on my site.

It's a balancing act, I guess.

Some models make 90%+ of their earnings, even on MFC, in privates or groups. Some are the opposite, and make the vast majority in public. Obviously, this would only account for sites that allow public chat things, like MFC or CB; SM and other sites are all about the private shows.

For instance, one model I know doesn't do much more than get nude in public, but makes a good deal of tokens on MFC doing it. But the once or twice a month she decides to go group, she'll be in there for a good half hour with no less than 20 people for at least the first 15 minutes of those groups. I've seen her get as high as 60 people for a good few minutes. She'll also do true privates, but normally only after the majority of her shift is done (and mostly just with people on her friends list); but even in those she'll be a good half hour per true private. She makes a lot in public, but those rare groups/true privates are also big earners for her.

Another model I know doesn't normally do more than show her boobs in public, but tends to do a lot of groups and privates. She's been consistently top 250 for the past 2 years, every month, sometimes breaking top 200, some months. On the extremely rare occasion she decides to go full nude in public, her room count can jump to over 1500 people... but that doesn't necessarily means tips flow in. She makes the majority of her money doing groups and privates, and still breaks top 250 each month. However, going from experience, I can also pretty confidently say she has a lot of returning private and group customers. I know I've taken her private the most of any model, and I've gone group with her more times than I can count.

Then there are the models that do (almost) no groups or privates, and make the vast majority of their earnings in public chat. They can get high room counts, but also realize that going group or private can decimate those room count numbers, so they generally avoid them. Pretty much everything they make is done solely in public chat.

Then there's the models that do a mix of public, group, private and skype to get their earnings.

It really depends on the model, her personality, and what she is willing to do in public vs. private or group, I suppose.
totally not the point. I think we all get how group/private works and that some models find success in them, my point was specifically talking about expecting a group show to pan out in a room that's already struggling that day. Group show is not the magic solution to a slow day some people think it is.

JoleneBrody said:
totally not the point. I think we all get how group/private works and that some models find success in them, my point was specifically talking about expecting a group show to pan out in a room that's already struggling that day. Group show is not the magic solution to a slow day some people think it is.
But, there never is a magical solution to slow days. I agree going group isn't a major solution, but just pointing out that for some models, groups are worth it to them; but they aren't worth it to everyone.

If there was some magical solution to show days, I'm sure every model on the planet would be trying it, though.

UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:
But, there never is a magical solution to slow days.
Which brings us back, full circle, to the original topic that started this: sometimes girls vent their frustration out publicly, because sometimes it seems there's no solution to getting "freeloaders" to chip in.

AmberCutie said:
UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:
Which brings us back, full circle, to the original topic that started this: sometimes girls vent their frustration out publicly, because sometimes it seems there's no solution to getting "freeloaders" to chip in.

Here's an idea for a magic solution to the slow day problem.

Has a model ever tried a hypnosis show?

tumblr_nl2thwYsO71ra6ug1o1_500.gif

That could be fun?

I can admit that out of allllll the "banned" things I haven't done, the one I have is hypnosis haha
I had this regular for a while who would have me hypnotize him and take all his money, credit cards, buy me cars etc (all roleplay of course). Then I'd tell him to cum in his pants and he would forget the whole thing happened after I kissed his cheek.

It was fun.

hontom said:
PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Am I the only one that has never told anyone they have been unfriended? :mrgreen:

I never make the room aware when I'm having a bad day, the most I say is: 'Ok peps, in order to preserve the damn camscore I will be going to sleep in 20 mins' or something like that.

And when I do unfriend, I do it to people who haven't been in my room in over a month, or those that have tipped like once a few months ago.. and that was 20 tokens. Those people were obviously not that bothered about being on the list anyway and they've never noticed it either. :whistle:

Queen_Anne said:
hontom said:
PicNic said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Am I the only one that has never told anyone they have been unfriended? :mrgreen:

I never make the room aware when I'm having a bad day, the most I say is: 'Ok peps, in order to preserve the damn camscore I will be going to sleep in 20 mins' or something like that.

And when I do unfriend, I do it to people who haven't been in my room in over a month, or those that have tipped like once a few months ago.. and that was 20 tokens. Those people were obviously not that bothered about being on the list anyway and they've never noticed it either. :whistle:

If I take a model off my friends list I don't usually tell them but that's usually because I'm not coming back to their room and I'm not looking for drama.

Reactions: KelliAutumn
AmberCutie said:
UncleThursday said:
JoleneBrody said:
Thank you amber for keeping me sane.

mynameisbob84 said:
Waiiiiitaminute... is hypnosis really banned? That would imply that it actually... works, would it not? Call me a cynic, but I'm fairly certain no member has ever been hypnotised by a cam girl to do evil. Or... have they? :?
hahahaha yes totally! It has to do specifically with the payment processors, like ccbill.

JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Waiiiiitaminute... is hypnosis really banned? That would imply that it actually... works, would it not? Call me a cynic, but I'm fairly certain no member has ever been hypnotised by a cam girl to do evil. Or... have they? :?
hahahaha yes totally! It has to do specifically with the payment processors, like ccbill.

Wait, really? Because Clips4Sale has a bunch of videos like that and they seem to use CCBill if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.