AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What pc for 4k camara?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2023
Hi, i have a question what pc i need to stream with a 4k cam on chaturbate? becase its seems so slow so laggy with this pc what i have now i have an i5 and 8gb ram

i7 "will do the trick" but it is more complex than that.
You'll need a pretty performant video card, good internet connection, avoid streaming on multiple sites at once, optimize your stream by closing other apps, tabs, tasks which drain memory, CPU.
Feel free to read other topics on this subject because there are and maybe one will help you more
CB 4k, 60fps & more.
Best hardware specs for OBS multi-stream?

Reactions: MarieElise
Hi, i have a question what pc i need to stream with a 4k cam on chaturbate? becase its seems so slow so laggy with this pc what i have now i have an i5 and 8gb ram
Which i5 do you have?
what is your upload speed?
are you hardware encoding or software encoding your stream?

It could be that the issue with your lag on stream is not an issue with your pc but something else like your internet connection or internet stability.

most of users watch camgirls fro their cellphones , so 4k its a waste
you have checked all the users have you? post a link ot the study/data point that you refer to. FYI I don't and I know a couple more who don't.

What generation of I5 do you have? The higher the generation number the better the built-in Intel video card is, the faster the cpu is, and the better build-in video card encoding that it has.

Specific model of i5 would be useful. i5-7xxx is 7th gen, i5-12xxx is 12th gen (almost current). I now a 7th gen has difficulty with 1080 if you try to do much with the the stream and/or add extra cameras/views. A 12th gen vs a 7th gen will have a much better built-in video card and the cpu itself will be several times faster(and likely have more cores also).

i5 6400 download 250 uplead 250 camara logitech brio but the stream is laging so hard i dont know why i use obs and5000 Kbps software x264 i have 8gb ram and now i use 1280 x 720p and its sooo lagy dont want load my stream my camara

i5 6400 download 250 uplead 250 camara logitech brio but the stream is laging so hard i dont know why i use obs and5000 Kbps software x264 i have 8gb ram and now i use 1280 x 720p and its sooo lagy dont want load my stream my camara
Your lag could be caused by a few things, best thing to do is open up task manager while your stream is running and it will show you where the issue is (you might need to click more details) it will show you cpu usage, ram usage, hdd usage etc, so whatever is hitting close to 100% is what is most likely to be causing the issue. It could be the cpu, but a 6400 shouldnt have any issues doing a 720p stream so IMO it's unlikely to be that. IMO 4k is kind of a waste when it comes to cam, 4k displays are such a small part of the market it dosnt really make sense, 1080 @60fps would make more sense imo.

If none of the usage is getting close to 100% then the lag could be caused by temperature issues, you can check the cpu temp by downloading hardware monitor, if you got the pc when the i5-6400 was released (2015) then it could just be that the thermal paste needs replacing, or if you havnt cleaned the dust out in a while that could be another thing that would cause high temps. (when temps get high the pc lowers performance to stop it over heating)

If you wanted to replace the entire system any 12/13th gen i5 or Ryzen 5 system would be more than capable of handling your stream.

If the cpu usage is high then you can add in a dedicated graphics card (something like a gtx 1650 should be capable of encoding a 4k stream) and then switching to hardware encoding

If you just wanted to replace the cpu, the 9th gen is the newest one that will fit in your current pc, you might be able to get away with an i5 9th gen, tbh given the age I would just look for an i7 or i9 at that age though.

If you wanted to keep the current system I would look at upgrading the ram to 16gb though, especially if you are doing software encoding. Software encoding is very ram heavy.

Things generally arnt as simple as what single part do I need since everything is interconnected, if you have a 13th gen i9 but dont have enough ram for example you will still have issues with your stream lagging.

Make sure that you have selected to use the intel video card to encode. It should be able to handle 1080 just fine. I have a 7200u (laptop chip, so slower than yours but next generation) and 1080 works good. When I tried even 2550x1440 it would not work at all, so 1080 seems to be the limit for this old of cpu. The software x264 will be limited on that cpu, the hw encoder will be better. Or add in a Nvidia card like KingMarti suggests as its encoder will encode whatever the cpu can deliver to the video card.

I doubt there is much of a market for 4k. Most that have 4k will have a small screen(laptop) which makes the DPI pointlessly high (beyond what people can see). If it looks better to people it is likely not that it is clearer but that the anti-aliasing smoothing makes it appear to look better.

For a new system make sure to get an much newer generation intel chip with integrated video, do not get an AMD system unless you plan on also buying a nvidia gtx 1650 or similar card. The AMD's video encoding hardware (RYZEN GPU, newest 7xxxx model might be ok) is useless (it is fast but quality is horrible unless you use 2-3x the bitrate for the intel encoding or nvidia encoding)

Status
Not open for further replies.