AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What should I do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Firstly, apologies for the somewhat vague topic title and secondly, apologies for this being my first post, rather than an introductory one!
I have been browsing this forum for quite some time now, on and off, but came across a situation I could use some 'insight' on probably, thus this message now.

So without further ado, I'll try and explain the situation as best as I can...

I had been thinking about 'ordering' a custom video for a while; I'm hoping for apparent reasons :roll: - just to have something unique. So I did a search for models (read: tags) and a while later the news feed, when I came across a model's offer regarding custom videos. Basically, it was a temporary offer, but I took the chance and sent her a message, asking if the offer was still valid, etc. She replied saying the offer wasn't valid, but she had a video offer and mentioned the price for the custom video, I agreed to getting both and sent her the tokens. Surely enough, she sent me the videos straight away and would 'get started' on the custom video as soon as possible.
But first, obviously, we had to discuss what was going to be 'custom' about the video. I had no idea what to ask for, as it was still all new to me, etc. Not knowing what was 'okay' to ask for, what she could do and so on. Eventually, I gave her some basic 'requests' (dislike to use certain terms, since they might imply unkindness, being unpersonal, etc., but I guess in the end it comes down to being requests, so I'll just go with that) and she mentioned it was not a problem. This all happened on the 11th of July (or the 10th; I'm in Europe and usually online during nighttime or early morning for me, but it is usually still evening across the Atlantic).

A few days had gone by (July 14th) when I spoke to her again on MFC, this time in PM (previous contact had been through MFC Mail). Basically she stated that the video was done and it was being edited. Apparently she has someone editing her videos for her, she even mentioned it was a person who did that for multiple models. So far, everything's still fine.

The next day (15th), I enter her room again. The video wasn't done yet (she said on cam), so I mentioned in chat if she could kindly give the editor a nudge. We chatted for a bit in her room and after a while, she went offline and promised to give her editor another nudge.

Meanwhile, it's the 17th and I notice a new MFC Mail, so this got me 'excited' and I hoped that she'd send the video, or at least a link. Nope, it was a 'newsletter' :). Nothing wrong with that, I'll just try and ask her if she comes online. A while later she comes online and mentions she has some good news. The good news being that the video should be completed the next day she gets home from work and would be able to send it. I am slowly starting to get my doubts, but still react normal. Well, excited, but that's all :whistle:

She hasn't been online for a few days, which of course happens - I don't expect anyone to be online 24/7 or whatever. Either way, it's the 21st and she mentions the video is uploading to her dropbox (same way she shared the other videos). She apologizes for the delay and promises to send it over when it's done.

The next day (July 22nd), she comes back online and I 'approach' her through PM, kindly asking if the video was done uploading, to which she replied it was done uploading, but she had to move it? Not entirely sure why she would have to move it after initially uploading it, but that could be due to some privacy settings or something. She says she had to keep her computer on all night to get it done. She finalizes the conversation (PM) by saying she would move the file and send the link after she logs off cam.

After a while, she isn't online anymore, but I don't see a message or link anywhere. Sure, she could have forgotten, or something could've gotten in between, right? I'm trying to think of reasons why there has been all this delay so far and why she hasn't managed to send me the link yet.

Meanwhile, we're on the 23rd and finally, I see an MFC mail pop up - surely, the title reads 'Custom vid' so I open it, hoping to find a link. But all there is, is a bit of text, announcing the videolink, but there is no link to be found. Slowly, some 'alarmbells' start to sound... Anyways, I contact her through PM and mention there is no link to be found. Still in a normal, kind manner. I may have my doubts, but I still act in a normal way, since I think getting all mad will get you nowhere. She mentioned that MFC Mail is messed up somehow and that the link might have been removed or something similar. I said that I haven't had any issues with MFC Mail like this before. A link may have gotten broken or not shown correctly, but it has never just been 'removed'. Plus, she didn't say she had forgotten to include the link, which could happen as well, but she specifically said something must've gone wrong and it (MFC?) doesn't like her sending stuff when she's logged on. She would resend the link when she logs off... Ah well, I start to come up with a suggestion myself, being she could maybe send the dropbox link to my e-mail address. It should only take a minute; her room isn't the most crowded one you'll find on MFC and usually she doesn't mind just PM'ing for instance, so I would guess quickly sending a link shouldn't take too long and shouldn't be too difficult either, since she was able to send the link to her other videos through MFC Mail without issues.

The next day (24th), I see her online (not on cam, but just online) and message her through PM, as I always greet her (so still nice to her). No response, which obviously can happen and she goes offline. She probably hasn't seen the message, no problem :).

Last night (25th), she said she didn't get the PM at all, doesn't mention anything about not being able to send an e-mail or anything, but does ask for my e-mail address again. So, I send her my e-mail address again through PM and mentioned I would send it through MFC Mail again, just to make sure it gets there (and possibly avoid a comment that she hasn't gotten it). She replies with saying that MFC Mail has been acting up. I get slightly more annoyed with the alarm bells going off slightly louder. I'm still 'quite' nice to her, I think and I say for example, "there has to be a wayfor you to share the link :)". I ask her to confirm she got the e-mail address and say to her, it should be merely a 'copy & paste' thing of the link, she agrees. Shortly after, I notice the time and had to log off (like I said, I'm in Europe and I guess by that time it was like 5am or something similar). I said my goodbyes and reminded her to send the link once she logged off, which she confirmed she would do.

Now, that was yesterday and so far, I still haven't seen a link or anything. I have seen her on two sites besides MFC the last few days, so it's not like she didn't have time, even for just a few minutes. I hope it's safe to assume that it isn't too difficult to copy&paste a link, nor takes too long to do. Especially knowing she already sent a dropbox link initially for the video package deal.

So far, I have been nice about it and always been understanding and respectful to her, but I'm slowly starting to get my doubts about this... Am I completely misunderstanding all of this and is she truly unable to send the link? Or is it safe to assume she hasn't even recorded a video and/or isn't planning on sending me a link anytime soon?

How do I move forward from here?

PS: I'm not natively English, so if any of the above is unclear, for whatever reason, please let me know so I can clarify! I would hate for there to be a misunderstanding in this post, not painting a clear picture of the situation, leading to possible trouble.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the time and attention! Any and all replies will be appreciated, I know it's a long read, but I wanted to get everything straight (for myself as well)!

Reactions: goldenaye666
You sound like a pretty stand up guy. You didn't publicly mention her name or bash her and I applaud you for that.
There's really nothing you can do that you haven't already done. Keep being nice, keep asking for it. Other than that, I'm not sure what else there is?
Personally, now that you found ACF, I would stick to buying custom vids from the ladies here. This is a large community and most of us fear our name being dragged through the dirt, so we don't fuck around when it comes to that stuff. :thumbleft:

There was a problem recently with MFC mail deleting links! But I think it's fixed now. That may explain what happened with your MFC link.

She may be dragging it out and hasn't finished it yet, though. Customs do usually take a bit more time but if she said "it'll be done by this date" or says it's done, I don't see why it'd be hard to send a link. I do think asking her to nudge the editor after only four days is a bit much, if she hasn't committed to saying it'll be done for sure by then - but really after this long she probably Should've sent the link.

Maybe send her an MFC mail explaining you're frustrated and that it's been two weeks, could she please send the link via email. If it really is done and edited, that should take her two seconds. I don't think rudeness accomplishes much but it does suck that she's dragging this for so long. I know girls will sometimes say it's done and editing when they haven't filmed it yet, but to me that's like...A two-day excuse. Not two weeks.

I hope you get it soon and that it's awesome!

Beachie said:
Best advice is to just take the L and keep it moving. I say this every time a thread like this pops up and it always turns out to be the best move. Nobody ever listens tho and we get 8 page long threads where we all just argue with each other.

Model could just be a scammer. Also, sometimes some shitty models will offer things hoping that the person won't ask them for it. They will make up excuses and blame you for having the audacity to actually expect something you paid for. Could be she is telling the truth, who knows. I would have reminded her one time and moved on. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Yeah, getting upset is the worst thing to do...and if you start bugging the model, you'll guarantee never getting the video.

Last year, I'd gotten a video promise for a high tip during a Gold Show... I'd kind of forgotten about it and several months later, I got a SM message apologizing for the long wait and a link to the video. :) Probably an unlikely scenario but kind of cool when it actually happened--and I didn't have to be negative and ended up liking the model more than ever.

I have had several models not make custom videos, or other content that was owed to me. Now days I just stop going to those models, it takes too much of my time to try to make someone follow through on their promises. The amount of models, even on ACF, that defend this practice makes me think it might be a common problem as well.

The last time it happened was this year, a simple B/G video I gave the model almost complete creative control of to avoid asking for too much. I never received it, but I did receive phone calls from her bill collectors looking for her. I took the phone calls as a sign she had decided to end our friendship. You know people for several years, and think you can trust them.

Best thing to do is forget about it and move on.

I think what went wrong here is that she didn't communicate that it might take days/weeks for her to do this (customs are not shot in a day) and you were expecting her to be quicker. Your messages and pressure made her feel anxious and she probably on the spot came up with things like 'yes I'm done filming" just to give you an idea it was moving forward. while in reality she might not even have started. I can understand you're constant (kindly) inquiring about the video made it even harder for her to start working on it and she feels she lied herself into a corner too. So my advice to you would be to send her an e-mail saying you'll give her another week (that should be plenty of time for her to shoot and edit the video without her being feeling panicky or over-pushed)

Shaun__ said:
The amount of models, even on ACF, that defend this practice makes me think it might be a common problem as well.
Yeah noticed this too kinda. These threads always have models making up excuses for the model and trying to somehow put the blame on the member. Shame really since so many here wouldn't do what they are defending.

I think the idea that a member checking in to see how his video is coming along is considered "too much pressure" is kind of crappy. Yeah, sure if he checks in more than once a day that's a little excessive, but it doesn't seem like OP was hounding her or anything and by her own admission she said the video was done on the 14th, so yeah, I'd be inquiring about it, too.

As said above, there was a legit MFC mail video link issue a while back (and there's a public thread here discussing it), but that shouldn't have stopped her from being able to send the link in a regular email or in a PM or something if it was, in fact, finished.

I hope you eventually get your video, Beachie.

I think it's a good idea to establish how long a video will take in advance. Nothing drives me crazier than a guy ordering a custom that, for example, involves buying supplies, multiple angles and shots (therefore, editing), and maybe multiple girls (since I often shoot with a friend, which means coordinating), and then emailing me one or two days later to start saying "is it done yet?????". Stuff takes time, and she shouldve clarified that. It's kind of a moot point now that she said it's done, but I do think waiting a week or so for a custom should be expected. Either way if it's important to get it sooner I think saying that upfront is good, and I think any girl selling customs should say "okay cool I should have it done between Thursday and Saturday". Most guys are reasonable if you can't get it done when you said, I think it's just good to be communicative instead of being like "oh yeah its done it's just rendering" and disappearing for ten days.

just to clarify, I'm not sticking up for her per se, I'm just thinking the TS is a decent fellow who's expectations were different from the model's and it turned sour, if anyone's to blame it is the model. But my point is, there are two options here. One is take your loss, move on and find a nicer/better girl, other is, if you really want the vid, stay polite and give her a couple of days to make it.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my 'story' and even more so for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!

PlayboyMegan said:
You sound like a pretty stand up guy. You didn't publicly mention her name or bash her and I applaud you for that.
There's really nothing you can do that you haven't already done. Keep being nice, keep asking for it. Other than that, I'm not sure what else there is?
Personally, now that you found ACF, I would stick to buying custom vids from the ladies here. This is a large community and most of us fear our name being dragged through the dirt, so we don't fuck around when it comes to that stuff. :thumbleft:
Thank you :oops: , I'd like to think of myself as being one. Like I mentioned, getting angry or trying to publicly shame someone isn't helping me nor anyone. Maybe, eventually, -if-, and I stress, if, it turns out I got taken for a fool or something, I could mention her just to try and avoid any future issues, but definitely not bashing her. Especially now, since it's still unclear whether or not things are what they slowly appear to be.
I may just take your advice, hopefully there's a few I can find within the same 'price range' I guess I could say! Not saying that everyone is charging too much, just that my budget isn't high enough for most :lol:

GenXoxo said:
There was a problem recently with MFC mail deleting links! But I think it's fixed now. That may explain what happened with your MFC link.

She may be dragging it out and hasn't finished it yet, though. Customs do usually take a bit more time but if she said "it'll be done by this date" or says it's done, I don't see why it'd be hard to send a link. I do think asking her to nudge the editor after only four days is a bit much, if she hasn't committed to saying it'll be done for sure by then - but really after this long she probably Should've sent the link.

Maybe send her an MFC mail explaining you're frustrated and that it's been two weeks, could she please send the link via email. If it really is done and edited, that should take her two seconds. I don't think rudeness accomplishes much but it does suck that she's dragging this for so long. I know girls will sometimes say it's done and editing when they haven't filmed it yet, but to me that's like...A two-day excuse. Not two weeks.

I hope you get it soon and that it's awesome!

Aye, I am well aware that MFC isn't always the most reliable medium for communicating. Could you perhaps give an indication of when they deleted the links? Because the initial MFC Mail with the link to her dropbox on the 11th, arrived without any problems? Was it before or after that? Also, assuming it's fixed now, I don't see why it couldn't have been sent since it's been fixed? Nor why she hasn't tried sending it another way (PM, e-mail, etc). But solely focused on the link possibly being broken/deleted during the faulty period in the MFC Mail, sure! :)

I understand anything custom takes time and won't be finished within a day, or a week even! I don't think I mentioned this clear enough in my OP, but I have never started asking about the video, until she clearly stated it 'should have been done' by that time.

On the 14th, she approached me herself (just noticed the time stamps on the chat) through PM, after briefly chatting earlier that day, saying it was 'in editing' and should be done within another day or so. That's when she said she had someone edit the videos for her. It wasn't until the next day that I kindly asked her to give her editor a nudge, so only after she mentioned it 'could' be done. Again, I wasn't asking/requesting/demanding the video, I was merely asking her, hopefully in a normal way, to give the editor a nudge. Jokingly, but still.

I really don't think I have been rude, unkind or even pushy. What I also don't get is, she mentioned during three separate stages that that stage was done - 1) the filming (when it got sent off to the editor), 2) the editing (when she was going to upload it) and 3) when it was done uploading (she had to move the file, and later managed to send links). So, on three separate occasions, she verified it was done. Why do that, if it's not even close to being done? Sorry, I'm not trying to rant at you! :oops: Just trying to wrap my head around it. Never have I been pushy during this time and it's always been her who notified me first about a stage being finished. Sure, I asked her a few times after, but never rudely or anything.

Also, during all of this, I just entered her room like usually and 'contributed' to the chat. I haven't been able to tip, but I kept conversations going and just chatted normally.

PunkInDrublic said:
Beachie said:
Best advice is to just take the L and keep it moving. I say this every time a thread like this pops up and it always turns out to be the best move. Nobody ever listens tho and we get 8 page long threads where we all just argue with each other.

Model could just be a scammer. Also, sometimes some shitty models will offer things hoping that the person won't ask them for it. They will make up excuses and blame you for having the audacity to actually expect something you paid for. Could be she is telling the truth, who knows. I would have reminded her one time and moved on. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

I completely understand where you're coming from! Last thing I want though, is to create arguments between forum members, whether they're models or members/premiums. If in any way I gave the impression of trying to start something, my apologies!

I'm still not sure what's next. And of course, she could very well be telling the truth! In that case, all my thoughts were maybe premature (?), even though some things seem a bit odd. If in the (near) future I receive the video and everything seems to have been a misunderstanding, circumstances, etc, I will be the first to apologize for this thread and the last to blame anyone.

Nordling said:
Yeah, getting upset is the worst thing to do...and if you start bugging the model, you'll guarantee never getting the video.

Last year, I'd gotten a video promise for a high tip during a Gold Show... I'd kind of forgotten about it and several months later, I got a SM message apologizing for the long wait and a link to the video. :) Probably an unlikely scenario but kind of cool when it actually happened--and I didn't have to be negative and ended up liking the model more than ever.

Totally agreed! I got upset once, well a number of times, but about the same thing - even though I was completely correct and have always been patient with the model (another one), eventually I guess I may have tried too hard (regardless of the fact I had 'every right' to in that matter), she finally banned me and didn't respond to an apology mail (I swallowed my pride and send her a mail, apologizing, etc. even though I shouldn't be the one apologizing).

Anyways, awesome you received that video after that period of time! Not sure to what extend you had communicated about it with her, but since yo'ud forgotten about it, I'm assuming not a whole lot? As in my case, we've had almost constant communication and she was the first to let me know on updates, etc.

Glad your situation got sorted though! :) Hopefully, I won't have to wait that long :)

Shaun__ said:
I have had several models not make custom videos, or other content that was owed to me. Now days I just stop going to those models, it takes too much of my time to try to make someone follow through on their promises. The amount of models, even on ACF, that defend this practice makes me think it might be a common problem as well.

The last time it happened was this year, a simple B/G video I gave the model almost complete creative control of to avoid asking for too much. I never received it, but I did receive phone calls from her bill collectors looking for her. I took the phone calls as a sign she had decided to end our friendship. You know people for several years, and think you can trust them.

I'm afraid it is! For me, it only happened once before (mentioned above as well). In your case, I'm also not sure as to how much you communicated with the models that owed you videos? Did they ever confirm it was done filming, editing and uploading? Or did they just 'ignore' you and that was it?

Sorry to hear about your experiences though... I'm well aware that things aren't always positive and that 'bad' things (scams) happen, but I guess that's just life, eh?

Fay_Galore said:
I think what went wrong here is that she didn't communicate that it might take days/weeks for her to do this (customs are not shot in a day) and you were expecting her to be quicker. Your messages and pressure made her feel anxious and she probably on the spot came up with things like 'yes I'm done filming" just to give you an idea it was moving forward. while in reality she might not even have started. I can understand you're constant (kindly) inquiring about the video made it even harder for her to start working on it and she feels she lied herself into a corner too. So my advice to you would be to send her an e-mail saying you'll give her another week (that should be plenty of time for her to shoot and edit the video without her being feeling panicky or over-pushed)

I really don't think I messaged her too much or even put any pressure on her. We've always been communicating on a normal level, in no way have I pushed or rushed her. I always stressed I had 'no worries' when she mentioned something went wrong or with the short delay. I didn't expect it to be ready within a few days, or a week even. But when she turned to me, herself, and mentioned it was done filming and sent to editing - I think it's safe for me to then assume, it's done filming and sent to editing? :)

Let me say that again - I never expected anything to be sooner than whenever she messaged me, plus she has contacted me for updates, etc. I have not pushed her in any way and only started asking when she clearly stated it 'would be done' by the time I actually started inquiring.

I do get that, if I would have pushed, rushed and pressured, she could've gotten stressed and what not. But even then, why say it's done? Why say it's done editing? Why say it's done uploading? Why 'fake' sending it through MFC Mail only to have no link in it? And again, in this case sorry! Not trying to rant at you either... It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

PunkInDrublic said:
Shaun__ said:
The amount of models, even on ACF, that defend this practice makes me think it might be a common problem as well.
Yeah noticed this too kinda. These threads always have models making up excuses for the model and trying to somehow put the blame on the member. Shame really since so many here wouldn't do what they are defending.

Agreed. It only happened to me once before, where the model turned everything I did back around at me, while I hadn't done anything wrong. It took me like months before I could even get a response. Not a long time after, the response became a ban. Ah well, that's another story :)

AllisonWilder said:
I think the idea that a member checking in to see how his video is coming along is considered "too much pressure" is kind of crappy. Yeah, sure if he checks in more than once a day that's a little excessive, but it doesn't seem like OP was hounding her or anything and by her own admission she said the video was done on the 14th, so yeah, I'd be inquiring about it, too.

As said above, there was a legit MFC mail video link issue a while back (and there's a public thread here discussing it), but that shouldn't have stopped her from being able to send the link in a regular email or in a PM or something if it was, in fact, finished.

I hope you eventually get your video, Beachie.

Thanks! And indeed, by no means was I hounding her, to use your terminology :). And yep, I could totally understand an issue with MFC Mail, as MFC isn't always as stable as could or even should be. But the initial video link arrived without any problems, plus like you said; there's other ways to send a link. Which I even suggested myself, which she agreed upon doing after logging off, but so far still hasn't...

GenXoxo said:
I think it's a good idea to establish how long a video will take in advance. Nothing drives me crazier than a guy ordering a custom that, for example, involves buying supplies, multiple angles and shots (therefore, editing), and maybe multiple girls (since I often shoot with a friend, which means coordinating), and then emailing me one or two days later to start saying "is it done yet?????". Stuff takes time, and she shouldve clarified that. It's kind of a moot point now that she said it's done, but I do think waiting a week or so for a custom should be expected. Either way if it's important to get it sooner I think saying that upfront is good, and I think any girl selling customs should say "okay cool I should have it done between Thursday and Saturday". Most guys are reasonable if you can't get it done when you said, I think it's just good to be communicative instead of being like "oh yeah its done it's just rendering" and disappearing for ten days.

Agreed! But then again, I had no expectations whatsoever. I totally understand your thoughts and reasonings though! I will be the last to get angry after you or another model made an apology of some sorts for a situation that happened. But the last bit that you described seems to be the case :(. Well, not so much the disappearing, but the 'it is done, but...' part.

Fay_Galore said:
just to clarify, I'm not sticking up for her per se, I'm just thinking the TS is a decent fellow who's expectations were different from the model's and it turned sour, if anyone's to blame it is the model. But my point is, there are two options here. One is take your loss, move on and find a nicer/better girl, other is, if you really want the vid, stay polite and give her a couple of days to make it.
Agreed. Thanks for your kind words, it does mean a lot and I do find myself in your words. Apart from the expectations haha - I did not have any. Well, until she mentioned stages were done, but the expectations were only after she gave the 'deadlines' herself. Plus, in the end it had gotten to the point where it was done (filming, editing, uploading) and she tried sending it, but that failed (the MFC mail not containing the video link)? No further attempt has been made since. It's the entire 'situation' that has me a bit confused.

ComicOzzie said:
I just really think its a good idea to actually try to get to know a model first before committing large amounts of tokens to some endeavor (custom video, skype show, .etc.) It will go a long way towards reducing these kinds of threads. :twocents-02cents:

'Luckily', it wasn't a whole lot of tokens, but by no means did that alarm me. She's not a real popular model (which I don't mind at all!) and only a few people in her room at a time, some of whom are regulars. I do agree with you, but I don't think anything like that's the case now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If it makes things more clear, I would be happy to share our communications with you here. Of course, they would be excerpts of where we actually 'discuss' the video and even more importantly her name and any possible details -will- be hidden, plus this wouldn't always include her responses, as some would be through her replying on cam to what I typed in her room.

Again, I am not trying to bash her or any other model. In the best case, it's all a misunderstanding and I jumped way too soon and I'll receive the video shortly (not sure if crossing my fingers will help at this stage). I will be the first to apologize for creating this thread and doubting her and the last to blame anyone for anything. I don't think there's a worst case scenario, where the model will ignore and ban me (at least, that hasn't happened yet haha). But it seems like there's something going on, which is just a little bit weird to me... That's all :)

Again, thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and respond! :)

Not much to add to everything that's been said. Best bet is to stay polite because yelling isn't going to get her to want to send you that video any sooner, if at all.

Personally, I've had this situation go both ways, one was an eBay auction where part of the product was missing (it was a long-lost childhood toy, and some of the parts had not gotten shipped). I just sent the seller an e-mail calmly explaining that I was missing a few things that had been in the photo and if I had possibly been wrong to assume they were part of what he'd send me, or that he'd simply forgot to put them in the box. Got an e-mail back with him practically gushing over how glad he was that I didn't start yelling, accusing or immediately left negative feedback. A day or two later, with expedied shipping no less, the rest arrived with a few extra things thrown in as an apology :)

The other was with a camgirl who had a deal going on a 10 video pack. I tipped, she sent one to tide me over until the end of the show (which made sense, of course) and then promptly forgot to send the rest (honest mistake, not knocking her for that). Didn't see her for a while after that. The next time I did, I sent her a PM saying "you know, not to be THAT guy, but I believe you forgot to send me few videos that I tipped for last time I was here. Could you send them?" She remembered me (yay!), said she'd send them after she'd go off cam (again, sensible) and forgot again (boo!). I haven't seen her on since, but this happened roughly a year ago now, so I've stopped worrying about trying to get those videos. It's tokens in the wind at this point.

Hope you get your video, though!

When I was a new model I used to take too much on my plate sometimes and I'd get overwhelmed. Then I would take forever to complete custom videos, photos, etc., sometimes I'd get hounded and sometimes they'd forget about it.
Either way, when I decided to be a more professional camgirl at the beginning of this year I set firm standards for my custom videos and so far there have been no problems.

Whenever someone approaches me for a custom video, I always tell them my base price per minute and that it may fluctuate based on what they want but for the most part it stays the same.
Then we discuss what he wants, we get on the same page, we agree, THEN he sends the tip.
I actually have a guarantee that I deliver custom videos within no more than 3 days after receiving the tip or I give them a refund. Part of me feels that's just good customer service... even if you're not willing to pull through on a promise you should still want to keep a good reputation.
I actually refunded a guy with a $110 Amazon gift card once to make up for my lack of responsibility in my newer model days.

So, lessons learned:
if any models reading this are being hounded by members for owing content, I guess all I have to say is doing off-cam work can be frustrating sometimes, but in my experience it always pays off. And any members reading this should always get on the same page with a model before agreeing to tip them any large amount, and if things still go wrong, it's good to check up on it here and there but if things look grim, it's best to move on and find someone new.
I think mostly all the girls here on ACF are very professional, responsible, and willing to do put forth their best effort at all times and I gotta say I'd trust them with a big tip any day :thumbleft:

Maybe I just had bad luck, but the few times I purchased videos or other content, I had to remind the model each time. It also did not appear to matter how long or how well I thought I knew the model. The worst at delivering content were the models that I had known the longest.

Since this subject comes up fairly regularly, both here and chatting on MFC, it must be a fairly common occurrence. Which leads me to believe for many, not all, models this is a strategy. I don't disagree with the advice to just forget about it, its the best strategy for your peace of mind. I just find it disappointing that advice would not be the first given if it was Amazon that did not send an order after you made a purchase.

The problem is that tokens as payment are a legal grey area whereas Amazon is a business that has to abide by the law where it concerns the sale and shipment of goods.

Truth be told, I think you either had really bad luck, or I've mainly had good luck. I had it happen once that content was not sent, every single other time I got whatever I bought sent to me if not instantly, then at the end of the night after the show was over. It might be a strategy for a number of models, but in my experience those would be far fewer in number than the ones that are very good at sending out their bought content.

Of course, my experience is limited to those models that I follow and buy stuff from, so I don't have a complete picture.

Reactions: Beachie and Gen
Beachie said:
Shaun__ said:

I'm afraid it is! For me, it only happened once before (mentioned above as well). In your case, I'm also not sure as to how much you communicated with the models that owed you videos? Did they ever confirm it was done filming, editing and uploading? Or did they just 'ignore' you and that was it?

Sorry to hear about your experiences though... I'm well aware that things aren't always positive and that 'bad' things (scams) happen, but I guess that's just life, eh?

I need to stay vague to avoid letting people know who she is. I know she had a valid reason not to make my video in a timely manner( things can happen), but she did not have a reason to use my phone number like she did though. I am not some monster, just telling me my order can not happen and discussing alternatives would have been no big deal at all. We have each other's phone number, so she could have easily gotten in touch with me.

Reactions: Beachie
This is a personal hot button of mine so this will be a bit of a rant.

The Good News

Custom video do take a long time. I've had super consciousness very professional camgirls tell me that sometimes take more than a month to get custom video done, and the less professional one several months. You ordered it on the 10th and its the 26th so by normal standards it is not really late yet. I honestly wouldn't get too worked up until a month has passed so Aug 10. I have a custom video I won in a raffle and its been 3 weeks, and I'm not too worried yet. Also MFC mail was screwing up links during the period so there could be an innocent explanation.

The Bad News.
IMO, custom videos followed closely by skypes, are the content that most often causes problems. It requires more work for the model and the money is generally significant for the members. Plenty of members never get them.

Normally the hard part is to get the girl to film the video. There always seems to be a reason; my period, out of town visitors, dog ate dildo (hey it happens), while individually they sound plausible when they get strung together it sounds increasingly suspicious. I agree with you having done the hard part, shooting the video, pretty quickly, I am at a lost why it has taken almost two weeks to get it edited and uploaded. I suspect she hasn't actually shot the video, or perhaps started but didn't finish. Of course having lied she now feels guilty and continues to make up excuses.

Often the next step as you have found is shutting down communications and ban. At some point some models will rationalize their behavior as the guy was being an asshole, and just causes me too much stress to do it. I appreciate motherbrain being honest and admitted that sometimes guys forget. Although the truth is I suspect in most cases the guys remember they just decided it isn't worth the mental anguish to pursue it. It is certainly the case that a large number of guys tip for things "just because" and don't care if they get them. So models can get use to not having to deliver things they promised. Also a fair number of members are too timid to rock the boat and push the model.

The contrast between the behavior of the Leon's ebay seller and camgirl is typical. I experienced the same thing with ebay sellers, they always bent over backwards to accommodate me. I suspect this is due in no small part to the sellers rating system which is so important. In addition, Ebay has a reputation of intervening on behalf of buyers who get ripped off. There really is no mechanism to penalize bad behavior on the part of camgirls. ACF only a attracts a small number of members, bans or ignore keep members from posting in a models room, and very few members have a large twitter following. Really the only avenue for getting the word out is the lounge and complaints to MFC.

Next Steps
There are two schools of thought here. One is that MFC is supposed to be fun so just move on. For me it would be hard to be in girls room who I felt had ripped me off, but I've done it before. Typically that means finding a new model(s). I've also done that for smaller things that never got delivered.

The alternative is gradually increase the pressure. My theory is the eventually its just less hassle to make the video than to put up with the hounding. There are flaws with my approach. First some models react very negatively to being hounded, in almost all cases it will create some bad blood. So you'll need to balance your desire for the video, and I suspect there is principal involved here also, with your need to remain friends with the model.

I'd suggest two things. First email her and ask her for a date when you'll have the video. I think letting the model establish her own deadline is important and ask her what the current status., Explain to her that honest communication will go a long way in making you feel better. I would also give her the opportunity to back out the transaction by refunding your tokens. It is near the end of a pay period so should be relatively easy for her to refund them. If you get no response to this email. The second email would be to put a firm deadline in place say 1 month, again give her the opportunity back out of the transactions. I would also tell her that you intend to involve MFC after the point.

People have had mixed opinion about MFC support. In my cases, involving MFC has usually gotten the content I purchased delivered quickly or I received a refund. In your case everything is in writing and captured in PMs or MFC mails, so I think you are in good shape for making a complaint. Now MFC lawyers will claim they have no responsibility in this situation, but in fact they are operating in the same fashion as ebay provide a marketplace for buyers and sellers and taking a commission. It may take a couple of emails to MFC to get a response. Even if you don't get satisfaction, if MFC gets enough complaints about the model they will do something, so the next guy who complains may get a refund.

This may not apply here, but I have learned (finally) to avoid buying content that is drastically cheaper than most models offer (with the exception of course of established models offering daily or weekly sales). Every time I have done that I never got what I paid for.

JimsX said:
This may not apply here, but I have learned (finally) to avoid buying content that is drastically cheaper than most models offer (with the exception of course of established models offering daily or weekly sales). Every time I have done that I never got what I paid for.

I honestly have found no correlation between price and quality or delivery. Some of the best video I've got were in the 10+ videos for 200 or 300 tokens, some of the worse were 400. I have had models apologies when I tipped 20 for a video and it took them more than a day to get it to me, and 300 tokens videos tips been ignored completely. I remember one model was offering a lot several hours of skype time for an item on her wishlist. After I bought it she was very consciousness about doing the skype (I felt bad so I canceled the last 30 minutes),. She was much more than dedicated than model who I had paid a lot more for Skypes and was tipping more. After the skypes were over I then turned around and tipped maybe 2000 for brownies and despite bugging her several times never got them, she sent other stuff like cards just not the brownies. She said she really like baking also so go figure.

It just seems very random to me which is part of the frustration.

An ideal solution would be some sort of escrow service. The tokens are paid into a holding account, custom details are agreed, then the tokens get released to the model once delivery is confirmed.

If MFC could implement that, it would solve a lot of issues.

Misono said:
An ideal solution would be some sort of escrow service. The tokens are paid into a holding account, custom details are agreed, then the tokens get released to the model once delivery is confirmed.

That would cause more problems than fix it. You would have a ton of guys coming up with lame excuses to get their money back and admins would have to watch the girls video and read their conversation to see if she did what was expected.
"I purchased a video, but the model had a stand of hair in her eye, I want my money back!"

The only thing I have to say is that urging her to nudge her editor on a custom video request after only 4 days is pretty lame. Content takes time and usually has to be worked around peoples existing schedules and work... you might want to exercise a bit more patience in the future.

I'm a cam girl and own a video production company so this part kind of annoyed me on both fronts. That doesn't mean that the model is OK to not follow through and I hope it works out in the end.
For custom content in the future, two weeks is a pretty standard turn around time unless they specify otherwise.

JoleneBrody said:
The only thing I have to say is that urging her to nudge her editor on a custom video request after only 4 days is pretty lame. Content takes time and usually has to be worked around peoples existing schedules and work... you might want to exercise a bit more patience in the future.

I'm a cam girl and own a video production company so this part kind of annoyed me on both fronts. That doesn't mean that the model is OK to not follow through and I hope it works out in the end.
For custom content in the future, two weeks is a pretty standard turn around time unless they specify otherwise.
I agree with that, BUT the model should have said, "I'm sorry I didn't make this clear from the beginning, but 4 days is not enough time to even shoot the video itself. I'm still preparing." Or something along those lines. She told him she already had done it and blames the editor for her tardiness. Even if it was the editor, she could have simply extended the time by a whole week or even two weeks, if she needed to. She instead kept leading him on to believe it would be the next day, everyday.

PlayboyMegan said:
JoleneBrody said:

I agree with that, BUT the model should have said, "I'm sorry I didn't make this clear from the beginning, but 4 days is not enough time to even shoot the video itself. I'm still preparing." Or something along those lines. She told him she already had done it and blames the editor for her tardiness. Even if it was the editor, she could have simply extended the time by a whole week or even two weeks, if she needed to. She instead kept leading him on to believe it would be the next day, everyday.

Oh absolutely! I tried to convey that I didn't agree with the way it was handled on her part, but that in the future a bit more patience should be used from the get go.
Impatience creates negativity and pressure, and some models may react really badly to that pressure if it's dished out too quickly. IMO the tone of the transaction was soured by the first message he sent her after only 3 days.

This is why it is SO important to discuss delivery expectations. If someone feels pressured it creates a very negative and incredibly unsexy vibe.

There could be a number of things as to why she hasn't given you the video yet. She said that it took her all night to upload it, and she had to move it, so maybe the video or link is messed up and she's trying to fix it. Maybe she is trying to only give you the link via MFC mail because she doesn't want anyone having her email address and MFC is deleting the link. Maybe it really isn't finished yet and she got caught up in a lie and is stalling to not make you mad because she put too much on her plate. Who knows.

Good for you for not, like others have said, "putting her on blast"

In the future, I would suggest giving a model at least a month if not more, to complete a custom video, as they do take a lot of time to do, especially if she is having someone else edit it.
It wouldn't be wise to ask her about it every time you see her online. If she wanted to be shady, she could refuse you the video because you were putting too much pressure on her or being "rude" by bugging her about it. Maybe because you asked her to give the editor a nudge she felt like she had to tell you it was done when it wasn't.

Maybe she really didn't get your PM. When I log on MFC and not on cam and I get a PM, if I don't check it before logging off, it disappears the next time I log in. I have to go into my chat logs to see PMs I got while logged in.

As for what you should do now, I suggest giving her another week to send you the link, without asking about it.
You're right, it shouldn't be hard to send a link if she said it was finished. But we don't know the whole story. I would start to worry if you don't get it by the end of August. It has only been two weeks since you paid for it, continue to be patient. :)

I give that model props if she really did shoot and edit a custom video in less than a week an a half, depending on how custom it really was.

Don't forget to give us an update!

Kiley

Thanks everyone for your additional responses. It does seem like I stirred more than I initially 'wanted'. I do hope this does not turn into a huge argument, as again, that's the last of my intentions!

Leon_Omega said:
Not much to add to everything that's been said. Best bet is to stay polite because yelling isn't going to get her to want to send you that video any sooner, if at all.

Personally, I've had this situation go both ways, one was an eBay auction where part of the product was missing (it was a long-lost childhood toy, and some of the parts had not gotten shipped). I just sent the seller an e-mail calmly explaining that I was missing a few things that had been in the photo and if I had possibly been wrong to assume they were part of what he'd send me, or that he'd simply forgot to put them in the box. Got an e-mail back with him practically gushing over how glad he was that I didn't start yelling, accusing or immediately left negative feedback. A day or two later, with expedied shipping no less, the rest arrived with a few extra things thrown in as an apology :)

The other was with a camgirl who had a deal going on a 10 video pack. I tipped, she sent one to tide me over until the end of the show (which made sense, of course) and then promptly forgot to send the rest (honest mistake, not knocking her for that). Didn't see her for a while after that. The next time I did, I sent her a PM saying "you know, not to be THAT guy, but I believe you forgot to send me few videos that I tipped for last time I was here. Could you send them?" She remembered me (yay!), said she'd send them after she'd go off cam (again, sensible) and forgot again (boo!). I haven't seen her on since, but this happened roughly a year ago now, so I've stopped worrying about trying to get those videos. It's tokens in the wind at this point.

Hope you get your video, though!

Yep, I do agree, as stated before. Yelling, getting angry or impatient isn't going to help me nor the model.

Miss_Lollipop said:
heh. I actually double checked all my recent customs got their links ok after this post.

Eeek!

Haha sorry I/this made you doubt your 'communications'! Hope everything went alright for you :)

motherbrain said:
When I was a new model I used to take too much on my plate sometimes and I'd get overwhelmed. Then I would take forever to complete custom videos, photos, etc., sometimes I'd get hounded and sometimes they'd forget about it.
Either way, when I decided to be a more professional camgirl at the beginning of this year I set firm standards for my custom videos and so far there have been no problems.

Whenever someone approaches me for a custom video, I always tell them my base price per minute and that it may fluctuate based on what they want but for the most part it stays the same.
Then we discuss what he wants, we get on the same page, we agree, THEN he sends the tip.
I actually have a guarantee that I deliver custom videos within no more than 3 days after receiving the tip or I give them a refund. Part of me feels that's just good customer service... even if you're not willing to pull through on a promise you should still want to keep a good reputation.
I actually refunded a guy with a $110 Amazon gift card once to make up for my lack of responsibility in my newer model days.

So, lessons learned:
if any models reading this are being hounded by members for owing content, I guess all I have to say is doing off-cam work can be frustrating sometimes, but in my experience it always pays off. And any members reading this should always get on the same page with a model before agreeing to tip them any large amount, and if things still go wrong, it's good to check up on it here and there but if things look grim, it's best to move on and find someone new.
I think mostly all the girls here on ACF are very professional, responsible, and willing to do put forth their best effort at all times and I gotta say I'd trust them with a big tip any day :thumbleft:

I totally agree. However, it was basically my first time asking for a custom, so I had no real excessive or difficult requests. Just a few, real basic things and she assured me there were no issues with those requests whatsoever. We didn't specify any specific length, which probably was some kind of a mistake, but then again, I had NO expectations. I was ready for, for example, a short (say, 5 minute) video with nothing too special, just something custom, for me, if you get what I'm saying :). So no expectations whatsoever, no hounding nor pressuring, I only responded to her words and her own deadlines.

It was a relatively small amount of tokens, for a short custom video with only small 'guidelines' to work by, not even specific requests or anything. Although, I obviously agree to what you're saying, which would especially be necessary when there's more tokens involved and more specific requests.

Just Me said:
Maybe I just had bad luck, but the few times I purchased videos or other content, I had to remind the model each time. It also did not appear to matter how long or how well I thought I knew the model. The worst at delivering content were the models that I had known the longest.

Since this subject comes up fairly regularly, both here and chatting on MFC, it must be a fairly common occurrence. Which leads me to believe for many, not all, models this is a strategy. I don't disagree with the advice to just forget about it, its the best strategy for your peace of mind. I just find it disappointing that advice would not be the first given if it was Amazon that did not send an order after you made a purchase.

Sorry to hear that :(, sucks whenever these things happen, either when a member gets scammed or a model as well.

Leon_Omega said:
The problem is that tokens as payment are a legal grey area whereas Amazon is a business that has to abide by the law where it concerns the sale and shipment of goods.

Truth be told, I think you either had really bad luck, or I've mainly had good luck. I had it happen once that content was not sent, every single other time I got whatever I bought sent to me if not instantly, then at the end of the night after the show was over. It might be a strategy for a number of models, but in my experience those would be far fewer in number than the ones that are very good at sending out their bought content.

Of course, my experience is limited to those models that I follow and buy stuff from, so I don't have a complete picture.
Agreed. It would be kind of hard to get some sort of control. Items on Amazon for example are absolute, with images, descriptions and specifications, whereas for example custom videos are quite relative and, well, custom.

I really don't mind when a model sends stuff over at the end of her 'shift' (no disrespect meant). She's either in the middle of a show or a countdown, basically, I understand if she wants to take care of the 'business' side of it when she gets off cam. Like, update a profile, send people video/picture links, follow back on twitter, whatever the case may be. That's why on multiple occasions I was totally fine with her saying she would send it when she would log off, although it still hasn't been sent since.

Shaun__ said:
I need to stay vague to avoid letting people know who she is. I know she had a valid reason not to make my video in a timely manner( things can happen), but she did not have a reason to use my phone number like she did though. I am not some monster, just telling me my order can not happen and discussing alternatives would have been no big deal at all. We have each other's phone number, so she could have easily gotten in touch with me.
No worries about the identity. I guess we're on the same boat in that regard. Most of us premiums, who for example frequent these forums (myself only recently), aren't monsters and understand circumstances. In my case, it's just a bit curious as many things seem to be happening preventing the link/video from being sent. There's a saying in Dutch, not entirely sure if it's the same in English, but freely translated it goes something like - there are many roads that lead to Rome. Basically, there's more ways to communicate, or in this case, send a link, than MFC mail. E-mail has been suggested and even accepted as method, but to no avail as of yet.

Kunra9 said:
Give the model a week. Don't mention it to her once.

Then if you don't receive it in that 7 day stretch, message her one last time about it.
If she brushes you off again, chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Find a different model to give your money to.

Hmmm, even just visit her room as usual, not mentioning it at all? I guess it sort of sounds like an option, but to me kind of weird, especially since all recent communications between us, her trying to send the link and not succeeding, me trying to suggest stuff, etc.

HiGirlsRHot said:
This is a personal hot button of mine so this will be a bit of a rant.

The Good News

Custom video do take a long time. I've had super consciousness very professional camgirls tell me that sometimes take more than a month to get custom video done, and the less professional one several months. You ordered it on the 10th and its the 26th so by normal standards it is not really late yet. I honestly wouldn't get too worked up until a month has passed so Aug 10. I have a custom video I won in a raffle and its been 3 weeks, and I'm not too worried yet. Also MFC mail was screwing up links during the period so there could be an innocent explanation.

The Bad News.
IMO, custom videos followed closely by skypes, are the content that most often causes problems. It requires more work for the model and the money is generally significant for the members. Plenty of members never get them.

Normally the hard part is to get the girl to film the video. There always seems to be a reason; my period, out of town visitors, dog ate dildo (hey it happens), while individually they sound plausible when they get strung together it sounds increasingly suspicious. I agree with you having done the hard part, shooting the video, pretty quickly, I am at a lost why it has taken almost two weeks to get it edited and uploaded. I suspect she hasn't actually shot the video, or perhaps started but didn't finish. Of course having lied she now feels guilty and continues to make up excuses.

Often the next step as you have found is shutting down communications and ban. At some point some models will rationalize their behavior as the guy was being an asshole, and just causes me too much stress to do it. I appreciate motherbrain being honest and admitted that sometimes guys forget. Although the truth is I suspect in most cases the guys remember they just decided it isn't worth the mental anguish to pursue it. It is certainly the case that a large number of guys tip for things "just because" and don't care if they get them. So models can get use to not having to deliver things they promised. Also a fair number of members are too timid to rock the boat and push the model.

The contrast between the behavior of the Leon's ebay seller and camgirl is typical. I experienced the same thing with ebay sellers, they always bent over backwards to accommodate me. I suspect this is due in no small part to the sellers rating system which is so important. In addition, Ebay has a reputation of intervening on behalf of buyers who get ripped off. There really is no mechanism to penalize bad behavior on the part of camgirls. ACF only a attracts a small number of members, bans or ignore keep members from posting in a models room, and very few members have a large twitter following. Really the only avenue for getting the word out is the lounge and complaints to MFC.

Next Steps
There are two schools of thought here. One is that MFC is supposed to be fun so just move on. For me it would be hard to be in girls room who I felt had ripped me off, but I've done it before. Typically that means finding a new model(s). I've also done that for smaller things that never got delivered.

The alternative is gradually increase the pressure. My theory is the eventually its just less hassle to make the video than to put up with the hounding. There are flaws with my approach. First some models react very negatively to being hounded, in almost all cases it will create some bad blood. So you'll need to balance your desire for the video, and I suspect there is principal involved here also, with your need to remain friends with the model.

I'd suggest two things. First email her and ask her for a date when you'll have the video. I think letting the model establish her own deadline is important and ask her what the current status., Explain to her that honest communication will go a long way in making you feel better. I would also give her the opportunity to back out the transaction by refunding your tokens. It is near the end of a pay period so should be relatively easy for her to refund them. If you get no response to this email. The second email would be to put a firm deadline in place say 1 month, again give her the opportunity back out of the transactions. I would also tell her that you intend to involve MFC after the point.

People have had mixed opinion about MFC support. In my cases, involving MFC has usually gotten the content I purchased delivered quickly or I received a refund. In your case everything is in writing and captured in PMs or MFC mails, so I think you are in good shape for making a complaint. Now MFC lawyers will claim they have no responsibility in this situation, but in fact they are operating in the same fashion as ebay provide a marketplace for buyers and sellers and taking a commission. It may take a couple of emails to MFC to get a response. Even if you don't get satisfaction, if MFC gets enough complaints about the model they will do something, so the next guy who complains may get a refund.
Again, I do understand custom videos, or anything takes time! I have never pushed or pressured her to do anything. Only after she mentioned things were done, etc. have I started asking, kindly, not in a pressuring way whatsoever. I would not have cared if it had taken one, two or even more weeks, especially if a model is popular, a lot on cam with many people, etc. Taking everything into account, her not being very popular (probably the wrong term, but there aren't many people in her room, let's say that - she has always been awesome and nice though), herself stating she was done, etc., I really don't see where I went wrong... In regards to the MFC mail issue with links - sure! Like I said, I totally understand and it happens, MFC isn't always providing the highest standard. But after a bit, I suggested different method, like for instance e-mail, to which she agreed to send it, but still hasn't. That goes beyond the explanation of MFC mail screwing up, right?

I only started communcating back about it, when she herself mentioned it was done. I have not had the first 'pushy' comment or whatever.

You're right in saying that I would like to remain 'friends' with the model, why wouldn't I? Especially if there is a legitimate reason for her not being able to send the video. I might not bother to visit her all the time if she won't send the video, but I won't hate her or start a vendetta.

I think the idea of sending her an e-mail (or MFC mail) is a good idea - calmly explaining that I understand situations and that if for whatever reason something went wrong, or hasn't gotten to making it (even though she clearly stated she had, without any pressure from me), I will understand and give her some more time? Not sure about MFC support though, I've send them various messages over the years about different subjects and never gotten a response.
It's not so much about the tokens, since it was a relatively small amount, but still. I do regularly tip without reason, just for tipping. But when I do tip for something, I hope it's not wrong for me to expect to get it, right?

HiGirlsRHot said:
JimsX said:

I honestly have found no correlation between price and quality or delivery. Some of the best video I've got were in the 10+ videos for 200 or 300 tokens, some of the worse were 400. I have had models apologies when I tipped 20 for a video and it took them more than a day to get it to me, and 300 tokens videos tips been ignored completely. I remember one model was offering a lot several hours of skype time for an item on her wishlist. After I bought it she was very consciousness about doing the skype (I felt bad so I canceled the last 30 minutes),. She was much more than dedicated than model who I had paid a lot more for Skypes and was tipping more. After the skypes were over I then turned around and tipped maybe 2000 for brownies and despite bugging her several times never got them, she sent other stuff like cards just not the brownies. She said she really like baking also so go figure.

It just seems very random to me which is part of the frustration.

I'll have to agree with HiGirlsRHot here. Not so much that higher token amount packages suck, but more supporting the other way around - cheaper packages or items don't always suck.

PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

That would cause more problems than fix it. You would have a ton of guys coming up with lame excuses to get their money back and admins would have to watch the girls video and read their conversation to see if she did what was expected.
"I purchased a video, but the model had a stand of hair in her eye, I want my money back!"

I tend to agree with PlayboyMegan here - no such system would be foolproof. It would be awesome if there was, but since items like custom videos vary so much and, I hate to admit it, there are scammers around who would just abuse it, as is being done without such a system in place.

JoleneBrody said:

I totally understand what you're saying Jolene, but I never 'urged' her or pressured her in any way. If I had to put a word to me 'asking her to nudge the editor', I would say 'jokingly' or something similar.
It was only after I visited her room, we spoke a bit and she mentioned something about the video, when I said something like 'give the editor a nudge for me would ya :p' (including the smilie face). And only after she mentioned more than a day before that it should be done the day after, or thereabouts. My 'asking her to give the editor a nudge', was nothing more than that. No urge, pressure or anything whatsoever. And I'm pretty sure she's well aware of that, as I've always been patient. I would hope all of my postings can attest to that.
So again, nothing 'lame' in my book - especially after all the communications we had.
It was not like this:
1) I ask for a custom video, she agrees
2) I tip for a custom video
3) 4 days later I urge her to nudge the editor to push the video
Not at all... Sorry, but I don't see anything 'lame' with what I've done? I hope you missed something in the post, or like the context, because I really hope you nor anyone else sees me as lame, pushy or something else negative... :(
With all her things she said to me, again, without anything from my side, I think I have been nothing but patient with her. Should I really be -more- patient?

PlayboyMegan said:
JoleneBrody said:

Thanks! That's indeed what it feels like, or looks like. She came forward saying it was done and in editing, etcetera.
If she had said, after a few days, It'll take like a week from now for me to have it finished, or longer, I totally would not have mind, at all! I really do think I am and have been patient in this case...

JoleneBrody said:
PlayboyMegan said:
JoleneBrody said:

Oh absolutely! I tried to convey that I didn't agree with the way it was handled on her part, but that in the future a bit more patience should be used from the get go.
Impatience creates negativity and pressure, and some models may react really badly to that pressure if it's dished out too quickly. IMO the tone of the transaction was soured by the first message he sent her after only 3 days.

This is why it is SO important to discuss delivery expectations. If someone feels pressured it creates a very negative and incredibly unsexy vibe.
I understand what you're saying, but how should I be more patient if she says it's done? Like I mentioned before, in all the stages she mentioned something about the video, I have been nothing but patient and understand. Sure, I humorously asked her to nudge the editor (only after she mentioned it was done and she had someone edit it), to which she responded without any signs of feeling pressured, beyond that I have always replied with an understanding response. It's just now that things are 'piling' up and I'm starting to doubt things going on.
IMO the tone of the transaction was soured by the first message he sent her after only 3 days.
I think you're not totally getting the picture :( (not trying to be an ass by saying that!). Which may also be due to me not painting it clear enough! For which my apologies...
But the PM that happened 3 days after was -her- coming forward to me, saying it was done and in editing. I did NOT send her a message and by doing that set a tone. Please understand that :)

KileyBright said:
There could be a number of things as to why she hasn't given you the video yet. She said that it took her all night to upload it, and she had to move it, so maybe the video or link is messed up and she's trying to fix it. Maybe she is trying to only give you the link via MFC mail because she doesn't want anyone having her email address and MFC is deleting the link. Maybe it really isn't finished yet and she got caught up in a lie and is stalling to not make you mad because she put too much on her plate. Who knows.

Good for you for not, like others have said, "putting her on blast"

In the future, I would suggest giving a model at least a month if not more, to complete a custom video, as they do take a lot of time to do, especially if she is having someone else edit it.
It wouldn't be wise to ask her about it every time you see her online. If she wanted to be shady, she could refuse you the video because you were putting too much pressure on her or being "rude" by bugging her about it. Maybe because you asked her to give the editor a nudge she felt like she had to tell you it was done when it wasn't.

Maybe she really didn't get your PM. When I log on MFC and not on cam and I get a PM, if I don't check it before logging off, it disappears the next time I log in. I have to go into my chat logs to see PMs I got while logged in.

As for what you should do now, I suggest giving her another week to send you the link, without asking about it.
You're right, it shouldn't be hard to send a link if she said it was finished. But we don't know the whole story. I would start to worry if you don't get it by the end of August. It has only been two weeks since you paid for it, continue to be patient. :)

I give that model props if she really did shoot and edit a custom video in less than a week an a half, depending on how custom it really was.

Don't forget to give us an update!

Kiley

Thanks for your reply. I really do understand everything you're saying, but that doesn't explain everything that has happened.
If something went wrong with the upload or move, why not say that? She even tried to send it through MFC mail, without a link.
Well, the link could be broken because of MFC messing that up, due to a failure that happened in recent past. Sure, there are other ways of sending it, like for instance e-mail. She agreed and would send it afterwards.
She doesn't want anyone having her e-mail address? I could totally understand that! But why did she agree to it? Plus, there are many ways of sending an e-mail - free online services, a temporary e-mail address or even one that's specifically for the model account, I know of many more models who have an e-mail account which I'm pretty sure they don't use for their personal e-mail.
If it wasn't finished, why say the things she said? Like, it's finished and in editing and later on, it's done editing and being uploaded. Afterwards, it's done uploading, but needs to be moved. I could understand any of all those steps, but after everything, plus she confirming it's done and ready to send, why say/promise? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I am hoping that by now she would know I'm pretty understanding... If she hasn't done it yet, sure! It's been two weeks and many of you have already stated that's a reasonable time frame. Some take less time, some take more time, also depending on the requests made for the video (mine were awfully simple), etc. I understand.

I have not asked her every time she came online. I'm sorry if I haven't made that clear enough yet :(, but I have not been pushy or pressuring her, at all. I've asked about it a couple of times, the rest was always her starting the conversation.

About the PM and her not receiving it - yep, like I said - I understand! And I made no big deal about it. "She probably hasn't seen the message, no problem .:)" I just put it out there to get everything straight and out on the table.

I would love to give her props for the video! It wasn't all that custom though. No costumes, no specific toys, no nothing special. Basically, if you had the time, you could do it within 10-15 minutes. Nothing special needed. This doesn't mean I don't understand it won't be done in a few days time! The more credit to her though, if it was done. But I guess that's the main question now.

--------------------------------------

Maybe it would help if I showed bits and pieces of our conversations? Showing that I have never pressured or pushed... At least, not to my knowledge.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Status
Not open for further replies.