AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What the heck Salvation Army o_o

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although some of you may have enjoyed debating with him, I banned Belgian. He added absolutely nothing positive to this forum.

Back on topic?

relax, im joking around, I know its a serious subject, but some things are just amusing, the stupidity of Belgian, the reaction of some models (kitties or gays, they have almost the same effect on the models here)
Jupiter551 said:
Hmm, equality and difference are two completely different things. Men and women are equal, but they are also different from one another.
Can't argue with that, it was a joke about some responses to the 'hands' argument, the need to point out that gays do wash hands and take showers, so unnecessary to say, it was funny.
Jupiter551 said:
What makes gay men more "sissy" than straight men? I'm sure there are gay career soldiers and policemen who could kick your ass without breaking a sweat, mine too. Masculinity and sexual preference are completely unrelated.
yeah yeah, again you are right, I used 'sissies' like we also use 'whores' for the models here and 'perverts' for the members, don't take it to serously.
Jupiter551 said:
I gave thanks, as did other guys. Why would anyone care if they "look gay"? Who do they look gay to anyway? People who don't know them maybe, so who cares? Because people who do know them will know their sexual preference presumably.
I'm not sure if my English is good enough to make my point here, my last 2 points of my list are a reference to the fact thats lots of people, who have no problem at all with gays, are stil sometimes uncomfortable with it, I can have it on meetings of parties from my politic party where some use gay as a politic statement, (green, left, so a lot of gay/lesbian folks there, lol), I don't want to look a fool, I want to say the right words, that feeling. I can see it some times that other people have it, and I can play with this feeling and joke about. btw, after 2 beers that feeling is away :)

AmberCutie said:
Although some of you may have enjoyed debating with him, I banned Belgian. He added absolutely nothing positive to this forum.

Back on topic?
ok, phpBB did warn me there where new responses, I just ignored that and posted a long answer to Jupiter551 ... I should have seen this posting from you in those repsones ... sorry

KarmelKiss said:
why don't you stop judging a country that you obviously not know verry well otherwise you wouldn't say such shit

why don't you stop judging a sexuality that you obviously not know verry well otherwise you wouldn't say such shit.

Fixed! :p[/quote]

Game, set and match Karmel :clap:

Reactions: LailaBaise
RedHerby said:
relax, im joking around, I know its a serious subject, but some things are just amusing, the stupidity of Belgian, the reaction of some models (kitties or gays, they have almost the same effect on the models here)
Jupiter551 said:
Hmm, equality and difference are two completely different things. Men and women are equal, but they are also different from one another.
Can't argue with that, it was a joke about some responses to the 'hands' argument, the need to point out that gays do wash hands and take showers, so unnecessary to say, it was funny.
Jupiter551 said:
What makes gay men more "sissy" than straight men? I'm sure there are gay career soldiers and policemen who could kick your ass without breaking a sweat, mine too. Masculinity and sexual preference are completely unrelated.
yeah yeah, again you are right, I used 'sissies' like we also use 'whores' for the models here and 'perverts' for the members, don't take it to serously.
Jupiter551 said:
I gave thanks, as did other guys. Why would anyone care if they "look gay"? Who do they look gay to anyway? People who don't know them maybe, so who cares? Because people who do know them will know their sexual preference presumably.
I'm not sure if my English is good enough to make my point here, my last 2 points of my list are a reference to the fact thats lots of people, who have no problem at all with gays, are stil sometimes uncomfortable with it, I can have it on meetings of parties from my politic party where some use gay as a politic statement, (green, left, so a lot of gay/lesbian folks there, lol), I don't want to look a fool, I want to say the right words, that feeling. I can see it some times that other people have it, and I can play with this feeling and joke about. btw, after 2 beers that feeling is away :)

Fair enough, wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not lol

CammiStar said:
AmberCutie said:

Back on topic?

I agree 100%. Thanks Amber.

On topic...

I never knew SA was like this. I have always been a fan of Goodwill and do a LOT of thrifting and donating there. I never really found anything I liked at SA and the Goodwill drop off's are everywhere. With this information I will continue to support other charities.
Hey, that's the old topic. The new one is camgirls wanting to watch me on cam. :mrgreen:

I didn't know SA was like this too. Although, I don't think there are any Goodwills in my area and the SA does sell some really cheap clothing. Perhaps make some purchases for camming and send them a note, thanking them for helping me do gay to pay? I'm sure they'd appreciate that.

I'm glad this was posted about the Salvation Army because it just gives me more reason to volunteer and donate elsewhere. I feel my efforts in these areas get accepted the best when I just do it myself; like donating to my school or my neighbors. If I give my neighbors my couch, then I know they're getting what they need and don't have to worry about it getting lost in the system or whatever. They get the help they need immediately and there's no issues with my donation/time not getting accepted.

Also, thank you Amber for getting rid of the bigot. This forum just seems like a place that isn't open to close minded people. Healthy debates, yes; but intolerance just doesn't seem to fit here. :)

Reactions: Nordling
well now that I got through 5 pages of ridiculousness :roll: Thanks Amber

My experience with SA here in Australia has been very positive, although I was the one in need. In my younger days they helped me many times with food vouchers as well as food parcels and furniture, they have never asked me about my religious beliefs, or tried to push theirs on me. I experienced nothing but kindness.
Just my :twocents-02cents:

edited to add a capital A to Australia...I fear the grammar police

Reactions: BCamden
Generally groups like this will use their money to support campaigns or bills which are inline with their beliefs. For example, in my region there are (as far as I know) no anti-gay or anti-prostitution political initiatives, but they are an international organization and can move my money wherever they want once they have it.
I will look for some more sources.

Jessi said:
Also, want to apologize to Amber that the thread I created got turned into a homophobic rant o_o
:?
It went from homophobic rant to two cam girls mentioning they want to see me on cam. So I thank you for the thread! :clap:

I know it is good for threads to stay on topic, but this one really has been entertaining, and it has educated about the SA. So a gold star for you.

Goodwill uses their money to employ mentally handicapped people as well as help get ex-cons a job so they can start working and get back into society. In my area, the ex-con jobs are basically packaging and shipping at the warehouse. Oh yeah, did I mention each Goodwill is a local entity, so your money is only helping people IN YOUR AREA. The mentally handicapped people here do a lot of things. They do janitorial work (including a contract with the local Army Corp Engineers here), they do processing of materials (they cut and bundle textiles to be recycled here) they sometimes work in the stores. Goodwill stores often also have contracts with local group homes and schools, allowing kids to come in and work a little bit (usually an hour or two at a time) to get them some work experience and to make them feel as helpful and useful as they should.
If you have any questions about what a specific Goodwill does in this area, you can probably just ask a manager or call their offices. There's no political or religious ideology, just helping people get jobs and function in society.

I don't support any religious organizations because I'm not a fan of organized religion in any form. I've voiced my opinions on that topic in another thread on this forum so I won't get into it here. I also volunteer with the local office of the Canadian Cancer Society so I find it very difficult to support another charity besides the one I work for.

Reactions: AshleyMarks
Ahhh... FINALLY back on topic.... Since its the season now, I will let out my inner Scrooge... :evil:
Does the constant high pich dinging of the
Salvation Army Red Kettle bell ringers that seem to be at every door to any store, annoy anyone besides me ? Maybe its the acuteness of my hearing but it seems to crash my mood almost every time .... Bah Humbug !! :lol:

SoTxBob said:
Ahhh... FINALLY back on topic.... Since its the season now, I will let out my inner Scrooge... :evil:
Does the constant high pich dinging of the
Salvation Army Red Kettle bell ringers that seem to be at every door to any store, annoy anyone besides me ? Maybe its the acuteness of my hearing but it seems to crash my mood almost every time .... Bah Humbug !! :lol:

Must be. You have a choice to give them money or not. Personally I would rather find someone on the street that I feel really could use it, rather than going to an organization such as the Red Cross, where you really have no clue where your money is going to end up. But regardless, it's your choice, just ignore them and walk on by when they are ringing their bells.

That said, anyone remember this famous voice over guy that a local radio station found on a highway offramp in Ohio?

And good news is the guy was able to get help and treatment and is now working for the New England News: source
http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celeb ... 6&srvc=rss

Here he is in a recent camera interview at the Occupy Wall-street movement

Wow it's so odd to hear that classic radio voiceover sound come out of a homeless guy haha...glad he's doing well now.

I have been pondering this subject since the initial post by Jessi, and am ready to give my :twocents-02cents:  

In times of distress, who do we see as the first responders of help? It's the Salvation Army and the Red Cross. When there is a fire, a flood, tornados, hurricane or other disaster. I think that if a meal, a blanket, some clean clothes and a cot for sleeping were offered to us by the Salvation Army, would any of us turn them down? 

There are many people and organizations that I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean that I boycott their services or products. And, being pro or anti gay isn't on the top of my list of critical issues. 

Chamaeleon said:
I have been pondering this subject since the initial post by Jessi, and am ready to give my :twocents-02cents:  

In times of distress, who do we see as the first responders of help? It's the Salvation Army and the Red Cross. When there is a fire, a flood, tornados, hurricane or other disaster. I think that if a meal, a blanket, some clean clothes and a cot for sleeping were offered to us by the Salvation Army, would any of us turn them down? 

There are many people and organizations that I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean that I boycott their services or products. And, being pro or anti gay isn't on the top of my list of critical issues. 

Actually it's usually (unpaid) volunteer emergency services, who not only give their time but risk (and sometimes lose) their lives. I'd give my money to support them before salvos any day. After that, I'd rather give my money to a secular charity rather than a church who engages in charity which is what Salvation Army, St Vincent De Paul etc is.

Basically, salvos have an agenda aside from charity - and that's where peoples issues with them lie. Reminds me of this:
demotivational-posters-bibles-for-haiti.jpg

No matter how much good the salvation army does, there are non-religious groups in my area that do the same work or better.
The bottom line is, I cant give money to an organization that wants my job to be illegal, or thinks my sexual orientation is wrong when other groups do just as much good without those things.
PS: The red cross is not a religious organization, the red cross symbol comes from the Swiss flag or something. I will continue to support them because they do excellent things.

List of charities sans-religious agenda:
Amnesty International
Doctors Without Borders
DonorsChoose.org
Oxfam International
United Nations Children's Fund
Wheelchair Foundation (provides wheelchairs to people who cant afford them)
Treatment Action Campaign (AIDs/HIV)
PlanUSA (helps children in the developing world)
Tanzanian Children's Fund
Alternative Gifts International
Amnesty International
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Freedom from Hunger
FINCA International
International Aids Vaccine Initiative
Kiva – Loans that change lives
Mercy Corps
Oxfam International
Partners In Health (PIH), Health Care for the Poor
PATH A catalyst for global health
Pathfinder International Changing Lives, Saving Lives
Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
Second Harvest
TechnoServe – Business Solutions to Rural Poverty
The Nature Conservancy
UNICEF
WHO World Health Organization

Just a disclaimer: I found these on a couple of webpages, and haven't had the time to research all of them. I reccomend a thourough googling before making a donation. I'll be back later to edit this list. I just dont want to leave the thread without an alternative. Keep in mind that there are many more organizations at a more smaller, local level, so definitely research options in your area :)

Chamaeleon said:

If that's not a critical issue for you, that's fine, everyone has their own hot button issues and that happens to be one of mine. But people should be informed about exactly what they're donating to, and they can make their own choices from there. My goal in posting that information is certainly not to stop someone from donating to Salvation Army if they agree with the organization. I personally would rather donate to secular charities.

Reactions: Nordling
The Salvation Army is basically a church that has it's own theological positions, it has also helped countless gays and lesbians. Do you really think they wouldn't help somebody because of their sexual identity?

It's up to each individual who they choose to donate to, but I wouldn't consider this particular issue a deal breaker for me.

edited to change beliefs to identity for Nordling :-D

Sexual beliefs? What the heck is that? The Salvation Army is bigoted about SEXUAL ORIENTATION, which has nothing to do with "beliefs."

And yeah, it's a deal breaker. Just because Mr. Hitler made the trains run on time, does not mean I would have contributed to his campaign for Chancellor. lol

Sorry for the Godwin's Law interjection. :)

Bocefish said:
Comparing Hitler to the Salvation Army is just a bit of a stretch there, but I edited my previous comment to clear up what I meant to say.
It was meant to be metaphorical. Exaggerated metaphors are a good way to show an idea. It in no way is meant to directly compare the father of the Holocaust to a current, bigoted religious organization.

The SA may have their own theological positions, but I wouldn't consider them bigots.

Adj. 1. bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others; "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view"

intolerant - unwilling to tolerate difference of opinion

In the big picture of what they have accomplished and do to help those in need, it's not a deal breaker for me. YMMV

Oh lordy.. the great debaters are at it again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BCamden said:
Nordling said:
Sorry for the Godwin's Law interjection. :)

even sorrier because the saying is "Mussolini made the trains run on time". :)

and, despite that being the traditional saying, it's actually fairly inaccurate
http://www.snopes.com/history/govern/trains.asp
:lol: True! But then so many people use Hitler when they repeat the quote that it's become almost better known than the correct quote--plus then it's not Godwin's Law. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.