AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's the one aspect of camming that you like the least?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest part for me is being SO accountable. That's probably something that anyone who is self employed can relate to. If I'm failing to make the money my family needs it's on me. If I am lazy, depressed, sick or just want to have an entire day of nothing, I can take the day. But, later I pay for it. As a slacker and a procrastinator, that is my struggle. It's really easy to tell myself I'll make up the money tomorrow or I'll feel happier tomorrow or prettier tomorrow then keep pushing it until I'm in a disaster.

@Eva_Sunshine Thank you! The OP asked a question, and I answered. @BobbyB I don't really need life advice about my decisions or job, considering I was answering a question about what we don't like about it. And even so, all jobs have bad aspects to them. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging them. That doesn't mean you should look for a new job, or look at worse jobs then yours.

@Badj3u @Songbird_Shelly While I agree that there's no reason to bring up camming at a job like that, I believe what @I_Am_Iris meant was that a camgirl could easily lose the job where she worked with children if say her employer found her online.

I know. I was letting Badj3u know that me and her had the 'working with kids' thing in common, and that it hadn't caused issues for me.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
  • income inconsistencies that comes with being an independent contractor/business owner/self employed etc
  • most isolating thing I've ever done. physically isolating as in I go days without leaving my house and socially because people thing sex workers are weird
  • camscore stress on MFC. the need to make as much money in as little time as possible doesn't jive with me, but it makes sense and is a brilliant move on MFC's part.

Not to derail the thread, but i wanted to explain my bad rating, Bobby. I feel like you kind of missed the point of this thread. I'd say ~just about~ everyone has grievances with their jobs, regardless of what it is. All jobs affect one's "real life" negatively and positively, so it seems kind of out of line to suggest Luna should find a different job just for echoing a valid grievance that a number of workers experience. I mean, even just working retail where you're regularly berated by customers, it would make sense for one to wonder how the people around them treat service workers. Have you ever been out with a friend/relative and they behave absolutely atrociously to a service worker out of nowhere? You don't just get to run through a list of someone's flaws upon meeting them, same with members. The men being cruel on cam sites *are* husbands, sons, coworkers, dads, bosses, friends of women, teachers, etc--real men existing in the real world with real lives. It's not exactly twisted to wonder if the men in your life could be doing the same.
I just feel like you're essentially saying, "Get over it, that's how guys are on the wild west that is the internet. Find a new job if you don't like it." And then you follow it up with, "On the bright side, look at how much worse you could have it!" It's really not very compassionate for this type of thread where workers are supposed to be expressing their greivances. :/

Bobby's post to Luna bugged me a little too, but you explained all of that perfectly. :)

Not to derail the thread, but i wanted to explain my bad rating, Bobby. I feel like you kind of missed the point of this thread. I'd say ~just about~ everyone has grievances with their jobs, regardless of what it is. All jobs affect one's "real life" negatively and positively, so it seems kind of out of line to suggest Luna should find a different job just for echoing a valid grievance that a number of workers experience. I mean, even just working retail where you're regularly berated by customers, it would make sense for one to wonder how the people around them treat service workers. Have you ever been out with a friend/relative and they behave absolutely atrociously to a service worker out of nowhere? You don't just get to run through a list of someone's flaws upon meeting them, same with members. The men being cruel on cam sites *are* husbands, sons, coworkers, dads, bosses, friends of women, teachers, etc--real men existing in the real world with real lives. It's not exactly twisted to wonder if the men in your life could be doing the same.
I just feel like you're essentially saying, "Get over it, that's how guys are on the wild west that is the internet. Find a new job if you don't like it." And then you follow it up with, "On the bright side, look at how much worse you could have it!" It's really not very compassionate for this type of thread where workers are supposed to be expressing their greivances. :/

My top grievance is definitely the issue of living a double life. I'm a terrible liar, so my attempts to lie often flop or I freeze up and come out more rude and dismissive in an effort to distract the conversation. In an ideal world, I'd be out and proud, but safety is a big concern for me and too many people act strangely after finding out the truth.

This is exactly what I mean:

As a camgirl you do a job that brings you in contact with people who you perceive as cruel, and the real life effect is that you possible start seeing cruel people all around you. Maybe no the most healthy lifestyle to suspect a pervert in every male.
Once you realize this effect, personally I would myself ask myself if I really need this...and possibly draw my conclusion.

I actually changed jobs to a lower paid one just because the job affected my quality of life.
And I actually compare my boring desk job to a construction job on a rainy day and enjoy sitting at my desk and not running around on a cold wet construction site.....helps me when I get annoyed by some stupid tasks.....

This is exactly what I mean:

As a camgirl you do a job that brings you in contact with people who you perceive as cruel, and the real life effect is that you possible start seeing cruel people all around you. Maybe no the most healthy lifestyle to suspect a pervert in every male.
Once you realize this effect, personally I would myself ask myself if I really need this...and possibly draw my conclusion.

I actually changed jobs to a lower paid one just because the job affected my quality of life.
And I actually compare my boring desk job to a construction job on a rainy day and enjoy sitting at my desk and not running around on a cold wet construction site.....helps me when I get annoyed by some stupid tasks.....
Nah. Let us bitch about it when people ask us what bothers us without feeling the need to advise us to pick a lower paying less invasive job.

Nah. Let us bitch about it when people ask us what bothers us without feeling the need to advise us to pick a lower paying less invasive job.

No problem at all. Actually a side affect of my current job, I solve problems so everytime I see a thread about a problem I feel the urge to suggest possible solutions....

:)

No problem at all. Actually a side affect of my current job, I solve problems so everytime I see a thread about a problem I feel the urge to suggest possible solutions....

:)

I suspect you mean well, sir but I don't think this is a thread about problems so much as it's a thread about the unavoidable drawbacks that come with a job and lifestyle that these women have chosen for themselves. I don't think they're looking for solutions, just to vent. Telling folk to find another job kind of assumes that they haven't already weighed the pros and cons of their profession and made an informed decision based on all the information available to them, which is more information than you or I have at our disposal.

I suspect you mean well, sir but I don't think this is a thread about problems so much as it's a thread about the unavoidable drawbacks that come with a job and lifestyle that these women have chosen for themselves. I don't think they're looking for solutions, just to vent. Telling folk to find another job kind of assumes that they haven't already weighed the pros and cons of their profession and made an informed decision based on all the information available to them, which is more information than you or I have at our disposal.
Yah. That.

And don't you know the adage about women just wanting to vent, not looking for advice?

For me the worst part is having to hustle and convince people you're worth spending money on. I love performing, chatting, making videos, and all that stuff, but playing salesperson doesn't come naturally to me and if I could change anything about camming it would be that I just magically had the income by providing great content instead of having to convince people they want it.

The isolation for sure for me too. I'm an extrovert with social anxiety... so I NEED social interaction while simultaneously social activities really drain me mentally. It's very hard for me to get out of my house for more than a quick grocery store run and still feel capable of camming after... which of course means I just don't socialize much and that furthers my anxiety.
I love creating content for others through Adult Indie because I get to socialize at the same time, and being technically in "work" mode keeps me feeling cam worthy still about 50% of the time.

@paige_orion touched on a big one that I had stuffed down I suppose. This job can be extremely triggering. I have to say I always knew a certain type of evil existed and was more common than a lot of people want to believe but damn does this job throw it in your face. On cam you can come troll me, call me fat, ask me if my parents are proud, I'm fine with that. What is harder is "my daughter's tits are almost as big as yours" or "hey little girl, want daddy to rape that pussy?". On token sites where other people see it, they'll typically help you out and expect you to take a moment but it's still hard to go from that to needing to get back to the sexy times. Even for ladies who enjoy taboo fetishes, they usually like a heads up and to get in the proper head space before certain things being said. Sometimes it's people with just a fetish, sometimes it's just a troll looking for a reaction but either way it's difficult to hear those things.
What's a million times more difficult is something that happens so often. A model sees a video on a clip site with either a child in it or a description that is so completely against the rules that you just, there aren't words for it. But as models we of course have a very easy way of contacting a lot of people about said video so we all can email support and get it taken down. We can tweet or post on ACF depending but there is probably nothing worse in life than getting ready for work, having a nice little morning and then getting online and seeing oh, I guess I need to go report this and yeah it will get taken down but that person made it, if left up it would have made bank, that woman might have a child or children she cares for, your head just spirals. Luckily that isn't something that happens often but for me personally I'm still shaken by the latest video description that was going around twitter and it's been weeks.

i looooove camming and everything about it as i read some of the complains...i realized even more how much i love camming and almost everything about it

no paid vacation? so what - gives me more control and i can go on vacation anytime and i don't want to have to ask boss for vacation and adjust time to what boss whatever says

double life? so what i loooooove the double life makes me feel so secure as a person - no one really knows me...i like that

having to be upbeat on cam for long hours? so what i have so much energy i am upbeat long after a few hour shift and two privates and can't sleep and want more!!!!! i just got off cam after 5 hours online and want to go again- is like i soak the energy of the guys and tokens and am more energized after camming than before even

demeaning comments? could not care less i have lots of fun getting to know the true nature of humans away from lies that society rules dictate = truth is amazing and one can truly understand human nature when these guys type in anonymous mode

camming is soooo for me is difficult to find anything i don't like about it- i found myself in camming and am in love with this life...

so here is the only thing i don't like but am hoping to fix this by camming a lot and opening my store :
- inconsistency of income
one day is amazing and then one day is not and i have no clue why....no clue...i look great and room is same but nothing happens or little happens and i have no clue why the previous day was awesome...is it a day of the week? a certain month? tax time ? i ask many questions trying to figure out why i only made like 20 tokens...i get into a panic when i have not so good days- camming is a bit like gambling - risky stuff but when rent depends on it is not that much fun lol- the risk factor- truly the only thing i don't like but same time it also offers opportunity for growth like 3000 tips next day which stable jobs don't have...but yeah the instability in income is driving me nuts at times- i can't plan too much
but maybe is why i also like camming? i don't like plans...
not sure...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Living the double life and dragging your so to live the double life as well. Keeping the Web of lies spun is exhausting.
Having to sit infront of cam all day while waiting for the guys to enter my chat, worse still when in free for i cant do anything at home as they pop up like popcorns. I hate that!

The inconsistency. Even when I regularly upload and promote clips/pics (and even back when I had a regular camming schedule), there's never a guarantee that I'll make my goal each week. There's always the chance of not reaching payout and being stuck with no money until the next pay period. Nothing else about camming stresses me out as much as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.