AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's your opinion on camgirls' larger funds/goals?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryChu

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 20, 2015
UK
iwantclips.com
Twitter Username
@ChisaDiora
Some camgirls put things on their profiles like 'help me save up for a new car/apartment/etc' or more fundamental goals like 'help me pay my sister/aunt/dog's medical bills' and I was wondering how this comes across. Does it make you more or less likely to tip? Do you believe it? Is it the same as begging? Or does it just give you a better idea of where the money is going? Camgirls - if you've done this before, how did it go?

I'm having a financial emergency thingy at the moment so obviously I want to make as much as I can through camming. But I'm still quite new so I don't have a large following and I'm not sure if I'm going to make my token goal. It's not helped by the fact that I have some health issues that prevent me from camming as often as most camgirls do. I've been umming and ahhing over whether to say something about it on my profile/Twitter/Tumblr. I was raised to believe that I should never take anything from anyone else and that if I'm offered the tiniest scrap I should be grateful for it so I feel bad enough even saying I'd appreciate offline tips or just mentioning the things I have for sale. But someone is depending on me for help and I already haven't been able to get online as much as I wanted so maybe I should just swallow my pride and do it??

In terms of luxuries, I was also wondering if in future, say I was to do a fundraiser for a holiday or a car or something and maybe offer holiday photos or car videos or something in return, is that something people tend to go for? I get the impression that members tend to like the idea of contributing towards something that'll make a big difference in a camgirl's life, but then I've also seen people saying it's sort of entitled and makes them seem like a spoiled brat. I'm curious to know what you guys think :>

ETA: I think this may have been asked elsewhere but also what do you think of camgirls telling their rooms what their token goal is for the day?

I've seen it happen a lot over the years. It totally depends on the girl and her relationship with the guys and how she asks or describes the problem as to how it comes off. Some girls make it part of the daily give to me today routine and that leaves a bad taste in most tippers minds.
If i have known a girl and shes hit a rough spot and just talks about it and doesn't ask for help, she seems to usually get at least some from her regs. Once again, that depends on the "family of regs" in the room.
I have also seen girls in TW that never ask for anything but simply talk about whats going on IRL. I see one gal continually asking for stuff to build her house and shes not the least bit shy about it. "hey, I need $350 in home depot gift cards today. " Seems a bit forward, but i guess it works.
good luck .

I find it distasteful. Surely moving funds/new tech/etc are things that most people cover with their pay anyway? Or save up for if they know they'll have to fund it in the future.

I understand why models do it - and I am sure there are members who like knowing they're helping out in those ways. I just think it should be a given that these things are what the tips/payout will go towards... And perhaps there are more tasteful ways to try and boost tips in your room. Ultimately, I am responsible for ensuring I can afford my lifestyle (and emergency costs) and I wouldn't want members in my room to feel pressured because I have more outgoings that month. :sorry:

I don't see a problem with it as long as she's offering deals/sales/shiz in return. I hold "fundraisers" quite often for thing I need or want, and usually make a big day or week of it. I shoot all new content, offer deals on other things I'm currently offering and do special shows during the time I'm fundraising. The idea is to make extra income on those days, so I plan and put forth extra effort. Its fun for the guys, they get the ability to buy exclusive new content and I hit a goal. Its win-win for everyone.

Now if a girl is just blatantly asking/expecting money or giftcards "just because" without offering anything in return, thats just gross.

I find it distasteful. Surely moving funds/new tech/etc are things that most people cover with their pay anyway? Or save up for if they know they'll have to fund it in the future.

I think it depends on this one. Obviously, I've got my own fundraiser going for tech.. but in the interest of fairness, I sat out of camming for a couple of years due to other concerns.. then when I did decide to come back, within the first week my equipment was pretty much useless (long story, happy to share via PM, but not publicly). I'm doubly screwed because I don't have a following anymore... and I have almost no way to work to get my tech replaced.

For me, I have a fundraiser account and it is going "meh". It would be virtually empty if not for a random awesomesauce person kicking in in a very big way. Beyond that-- if I were actively camming, then no, I probably wouldn't post a fundraiser type deal, but that is just me. It's not my normal "style"

I think funds are good for two things.

1. Members know what they're spending on. I've seen many models even break up their bills, so members know what everything is going towards. Some members just like knowing where the money goes, or how they can help out, so it's not too big a thing with me.

2. Sometimes models have a hard time setting aside money things that aren't bills or just saving. Sure I might need new tech or whatever. Whether it be for camming or a life goal, it can be hard sometimes to say, ok when I reach such and such amount...this will happen.

That being said...I'm not crazy about when models just straight up ask for things all the time on cam. Whether it's a goal or not, just asking for stuff for specific things all the time looks tacky. Sure, say what you have to offer, talk about your day, and say maybe once something about your fund, but nobody wants to hear the same thing over and over again on repeat (yes, I'm obviously aware models often have to repeat answers to questions, but that's a different story altogether). To me it's better to just have it posted somewhere with everything you offer, then you can refer to that link to point people into the directions along with the other stuff you have. That way if they want to contribute to that specifically great, if not fine...either way it's a choice rather than the member witnessing the model turning into an annoying broken record.

I'm a weirdo and I find it uncomfortable to be upfront with my financial needs. I know it's a result of my southern upbringing but discussing money is gauche in my mind (pinkies in the air). I feel like it's a cam girls responsibility to budget and save, just like anyone else.

That being said, when I decided to buy a house, I let people know. I didn't put out a specific amount that I needed but I let people know I was working a lot to save for a down payment. I didn't put in in my topic, or mention it everyday, but I did occasionally tweet about it or vocalize it in my room. I felt really awkward mentioning my goals BUT a lot of my regulars told me they liked knowing what I had planned. I had two long time lurkers join mfc so they could contribute to my down payment goal after hearing what I was trying to do.

Long story short, you gotta find what works for you and what you feel comfortable with.

I agree that it depends on your relationship with a model. If it's someone you know, like, respect and have an affinity for, you may be moved to help out. You know, kind of a that's-what-friends-are-for thing. It's a bit jarring, however, to see quite blatant requests from models you don't know. But then you just have to remind yourself that those requests are for a target audience -- people like you who have a relationship with those models. Still, sometimes tweets for Starbucks cards and things like that seem like everyday expenses we all have that probably should be covered by your general income. But apparently it works. Well, not apparently, because I've shipped a few gift cards like that myself!

I think it depends on a number of things, yo.

What's being offered in return - "Hey guys, I have a pretty large expense this month so will be offering x, y and z to raise funds. If you go above and beyond and tip x amount, I'll make it worth your while and give you a, b and c and my undying gratitude" is a million miles away from "I want to buy a new car, follow this link to donate to my fund!". One is a proposed transaction, the other is just flat out asking for money.

What kind of room the model runs - If it's a model who runs a fairly laid back "hey, we're all friends here and sharing our problems with one another and helping each other out is just the kind of place this is" kinda room, it'll probably raise less eyebrows than a model who runs a much more formal "hey, I'm sure you're all cool people but I'm here to provide sexual gratification in exchange for tokens and have no desire to share my personal business with anyone" kinda room.

How often they do it - If it's something that happens frequently then I can only assume that model either can't manage her own finances or is trying to live a lifestyle that her regular earnings can't sustain. Neither of which should be her members' responsibility to sort out.

I think it's perfectly okay as long as those tipping know that it may or may not be going to what she says it's going to. With that said- I think it's important for cam girls to be genuine and not make up fake things to get more tokens. It definitely borders...if not IS...a scam. Especially if it has emotional appeal like 'help me raise money for my mom's surgery!' etc.
I also think it's okay to do fun things like 'help me save up for a new car!' because it's not 'taking advantage' or using emotional appeal. It's simply- 'Hey! I want this! Help!' and if they wanna help they will. If not, they won't!

I've thrown in what I could a few times for model's whose pets needed care. It's nice that for things like that the internet exists. It feels good to help a little and know that humans can be compassionate.

On the flip side, there are some models who ALWAYS seem to have some emergency or depressing need that they are throwing out there. I swear there are a few girls who come off more as panhandlers than anything else. I guess it's not my place to judge, but I do wonder how they keep members around being such needy bummers.

I seem to always find myself spending on such things. My most recent was 2 days ago, 4000 tokens for a charitable exercise plus a little extra tipping on my model for my own pleasure. Spending on such things is a large exercise in trust for the member, and one that is quite challenging for the model to properly thank that member for.

Incidentally, the main larger ticket item I seem to spend on is flights home for the model. In my experience making the rent or paying an unexpected bill, would be the most commonly requested form of help.

My advice for both models and members are to keep such exchanges to a minimum.

edit: Bob hinted at the issue of making a model dependent on member support should they get into trouble, neither party wants this.

I always thought I couldn't reach out or ask people to help towards a non camming related thing because I thought it would be annoying or a total turn off. I left camming for about a year because medically I was broken and during that time I struggled immensely, during that struggle quite a few members offered financial help knowing I was unable to work and I of course said no because I thought it would be rude to open up and say "yeah, I don't have money for groceries right now could you help?" After returning to camming I regret not giving myself the slack to set up some kind of "help Serenity out until she can get on her feet again!" thing. I imagine if I hadn't of been so stressed about outside things I may have been able to return sooner than I did, and it was all because I couldn't reach out for help. Further more, I know that not only would my regs helped others may have as well to get incentives I could have offered.

The dynamic between many of my members and myself is that I am human, just like they are and I am not just a token operated sex bot. Anyone who was turned off by me mentioning real life troubles wouldn't enjoy my room anyways so I could care less about their opinions.

A couple of weeks ago I set up my first funding for a reason thing. I am worried about being able to pay my tuition in the fall while being able to afford my monthly bills and lawyers fees I am currently paying out. I am in no way making bank with this and probably won't even hit my goal, BUT this is allowing me extra dollars to go to a purpose beyond my daily bills, and it is going to help me be less stressed over all resulting in much better cam performances because I am not going to have to sit on cam for mega ten hour sessions "please love me and help me get an education. Tokens Tokens BB." I can have my relaxed cam shows knowing I have a goal set up on a funding platform and those who wish to contribute will.

Cam ladies should do whatever they want, those who don't like that they dare ask for help for RL should really take a step back and realise they can do what they want, especially if it helps them, and then you kow pass on contributing because no one is required to.

Edited to add: Models ARE dependent on member support. Whether it's for a special funding campaign or daily camming. Take away member support and there are no cam girls anymore.

Asking for help is fine, but some models are always having an "emergency". It can reach the point that you just give up on helping them, and decide they need to look at their choices in life so they can decide what they really want.

I'd say it depends on the goal. If your goal is for something necessary it's much easier to feel like contributing. If the goal is for something luxurious it's much harder to feel like contributing. Examples would be moving funds, medical expenses, bills, etc. Those are positive goals. Goals such as wanting a watch made purely of diamonds and I'm not going to feel that pull to contribute.

I just think it feels nice to help for a good cause. It makes me more prone to contribute. Not only will I buy the content you sell for your goal, but I'll constantly tip until that goal is met. I just personally don't feel that same feeling when the goal isn't what I would consider a good cause.

Saying all that, you can have any goal you like. If you're able to get contributions, set any goal(s) you'd like.

I think it is okay when it is done not often and when it is a good cause or related to camming (toy, lingerie, a heater!). Like Felix said pretty much...

I'd say it depends on the goal. If your goal is for something necessary it's much easier to feel like contributing. If the goal is for something luxurious it's much harder to feel like contributing. Examples would be moving funds, medical expenses, bills, etc. Those are positive goals. Goals such as wanting a watch made purely of diamonds and I'm not going to feel that pull to contribute.
I know there isn't much evidence of it in this thread, but I imagine there are people who feel somewhat opposite of that. Well, maybe not a watch of diamonds... but I think there may be a mindset of some tippers that they don't want to feel like they're paying a girls bills, but prefer helping her attain fun goals like vacations and fancy clothes. Sugardaddy type stuff.

For me personally, I'd never want to feel like a "charity case" and would prefer to set general goals vs. any "OMG help me pay my rent" deals. I think most people are smart enough to know that general token/paycheck goals go to our bank account from which we pay our mortgage, car insurance and medical bills. Obviously if I found myself in a super tough spot I'd likely mention it to my room as my regulars like to keep up with my daily life happenings, and hopefully anyone who wanted to help out extra at that time would do so without me having to make a big ado about it.

I know there isn't much evidence of it in this thread, but I imagine there are people who feel somewhat opposite of that. Well, maybe not a watch of diamonds... but I think there may be a mindset of some tippers that they don't want to feel like they're paying a girls bills, but prefer helping her attain fun goals like vacations and fancy clothes. Sugardaddy type stuff.

For me personally, I'd never want to feel like a "charity case" and would prefer to set general goals vs. any "OMG help me pay my rent" deals. I think most people are smart enough to know that general token/paycheck goals go to our bank account from which we pay our mortgage, car insurance and medical bills. Obviously if I found myself in a super tough spot I'd likely mention it to my room as my regulars like to keep up with my daily life happenings, and hopefully anyone who wanted to help out extra at that time would do so without me having to make a big ado about it.

I have no doubt I'm in the minority. I'm not against sugar daddy, I mean, it's popular for a reason, but I just like to feel like I'm contributing. I'm weird like that. I generally find I don't fall inline with the majority.

I also would never want to make someone feel like a charity case. I would never offer weird suggestions while tipping. I think that would be creepy leaving a note like "this is for your phone bill" when she didn't ask. I might be wrong in saying that, but that feels a bit imposing and creepy. If they set a goal, I'll tip more for that goal, otherwise I don't impose.

I say it depends on what it's for, and how the model reacts to it.

I recently unfollowed a model on Twitter because she kept complaining no one was contributing to her moving fund. And I mean constantly. It's not the first time she's complained about stuff, either, and it just got too much to bother reading in my timeline.

But, when it comes to things like moving, I can't sympathize with models who know when they're moving well ahead of time (provided it isn't an absolute surprise move, which can happen under certain circumstances-- like when I had to clean out my father's apt. when he died earlier this year). When someone knows they are moving ahead of time, they normally have to budget in things like moving expenses, down payments, etc., far before they move. If the model can't be arsed to do something that any other normal person would think about doing months before a move, and just expects tippers to throw money at her to pay the expenses she hasn't budgeted, and then complain if people aren't... well, tough shit, IMHO. She should learn to budget her money for specific purposes, just like everyone else.

As for other luxuries, I'm pretty meh on that. I've bought small things off a few models' wish lists before, but I'm not one to be buying really expensive things off of wish lists. Some are into it, I'm not.

I don't see a problem with it as long as she's offering deals/sales/shiz in return. I hold "fundraisers" quite often for thing I need or want, and usually make a big day or week of it. I shoot all new content, offer deals on other things I'm currently offering and do special shows during the time I'm fundraising. The idea is to make extra income on those days, so I plan and put forth extra effort. Its fun for the guys, they get the ability to buy exclusive new content and I hit a goal. Its win-win for everyone.

Now if a girl is just blatantly asking/expecting money or giftcards "just because" without offering anything in return, thats just gross.
As long as these same models understand that us members are in the same situations at times and we don't have people to ask, so we have to cut corners where necessary.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
One thing that I've noticed some models do that always irks me, is setting up a fund for some kind of luxury expense, reaching that goal through the generosity of a handful of their regulars... and then complaining when they don't meet their regular goals on cam. It's probably worth bearing in mind that these things don't exist in a vacuum and the members who are most likely to contribute to them are the same members most likely to be tipping for your countdowns. One is likely to effect the other, innit.

This is a pretty interesting topic. Minus expecting anything being gross (it always is) I, actually, feel the opposite of this. If someone is asking for help it seems like offering rewards takes away from the generosity. It always seems so crazy to me that girls trade things for wishlist gifts and such.

This is a pretty interesting topic. Minus expecting anything being gross (it always is) I, actually, feel the opposite of this. If someone is asking for help it seems like offering rewards takes away from the generosity. It always seems so crazy to me that girls trade things for wishlist gifts and such.

Well, it depends on the "need" level. Most of the guys that I know are much more likely to kick in a little if they are getting something in return. Now, if I'm not asking for help or contributions or anything.. then yes, it is a bit smarmy for a guy to say "Well if I get you XXX as a gift, what do I get?"

Piggybankgirls works off the concept of crowdfunding, but getting something for your contribution. Some people just aren't going to kick in to help out if they aren't getting anything.. that's just human nature.

Reactions: SNATCH and Ann_Sulu
It depends. In the past I have helped models with emergencies like getting a computer fixed etc. I am fine with that. Some models however seem to have a new emergency every few weeks ( and some only cam on the last day of the pay period too.. go figure). I would, however, not pay for luxury items or body modifications. You want a boobjob? Fine, but do not expect me to tip you.

Reactions: SNATCH and JimsX
It depends. In the past I have helped models with emergencies like getting a computer fixed etc. I am fine with that. Some models however seem to have a new emergency every few weeks ( and some only cam on the last day of the pay period too.. go figure). I would, however, not pay for luxury items or body modifications. You want a boobjob? Fine, but do not expect me to tip you.
So are you saying if you know a cam model is using tips for a luxury item you wouldn't tip her for her show or whatever she was offering because it's for a luxury? Or only if she had a special fund for it? o_O

Reactions: SNATCH
So are you saying if you know a cam model is using tips for a luxury item you wouldn't tip her for her show or whatever she was offering because it's for a luxury? Or only if she had a special fund for it? o_O

As a general rule: I hardly, if ever, tip models that I know have a better income than I do. (think top 250 or so). So that should take care of camming for luxury items.

Reactions: SNATCH
Status
Not open for further replies.