AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's your set up? Is the floor okay?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
Hi!

I've been slowly buying things to get my cam corner ready for broadcast. I now have a webcam, some good lighting, a cheap cozy rug and a laptop. I'm still missing a chair and a table or somehing to set up my mic, lights and my old tv (I'll use it as a monitor since it's 32" and 1080p). I may try to cam on the floor until I get the funds for a cheap ikea desk and office chair but I don't know if it's possible with my scoliosis and weak muscles (I really should start working out haha 😆).

Do you have any tips on camming in comfort and/or on a budget and still look good? Any ideas about camming in a small space? I'm really curious about what set up you have!

Thanks!

🌻

The floor can be cool. Maybe ask yourself in what kind of poses/ settings you see yourself in your mind. Sometimes its more important what you want than what you think the viewers want because when you are comfortable your modeling will be more appealing for most viewers. Lighting is often underestimated! If you search the forum you will find dozens of threads about lighting and I'm sure there are some low budget tricks. Colored light bulbs can be pretty cheap. But red light is sometimes not ideal because in my experience it can make the picture blurry, more so than other colors. Depends on your cam.

I got a ton of info from this:

• Hugs
Reactions: MillyNoelle

I got this Inkeltech softbox lighting from Amazon. It comes with two of them, and I only use one. The lighting is amazing.

I sit on my bed, and have this up on the wall behind me:

Over the years I've tried to change it up and always go back to the floor. I'm super clumsy and found it difficult to work with a desk and chair. I think it depends on what kind of shows you do and how you move. I do a lot of ass worship/doggystyle position so I'm constantly turning around and find the floor with comfy pillows and my monitor on a floor desk work the best for me. As for having things look good while on a budget--don't think you need to heavily decorate/clutter your backdrop. I know a lot of people do but good lighting and fast internet are the most important things. As long as it's neat and clean it'll be fine. Pillows/rugs help a lot with the floor

I was reading a post elsewhere yesterday where a model was considering some overpriced lamps (She'd posted links from Wayfair, but everything she'd posted was like $300 and up, including a $750 table lamp :oops:). Wayfair does have lamps/lighting for way less than that, but there's also nothing wrong with checking out thrift stores, Goodwill, Walmart, Target, etc. You absolutely do not have to spend big bucks on this stuff.

Fellow scoliosis-er here! I'm not sure about the floor as I haven't tried it but sounds like it would be too much for my back. It depends on how severe your scoliosis is tbf, mine is moderate-severe so I need to take care with it, but if yours is more mild-severe it might be ok.

When I first started out I cammed on my bed and it was ok, even with a lot of twerking, so maybe try that until you can afford a good chair? I have a gaming chair now, and tbh they're not comfy comfy like a nice armchair or something, but they're supportive enough that they can erm... support? you properly the way a chair is supposed to. There's a way you're supposed to have an office chair for the best... support. I keep saying support but that's really what you need from a chair if you have a dodgy back imo. You can probs google it, it's nothing complex but really makes a huge amount of difference. It's about adjusting it so that your feet are flat on the floor, arms parallel etc. I've never really had any issues with my back in my chair, as long as it's set up properly. Again though, depends on the severity of your scoliosis.

Office desk wise I got mine from ikea and it's like £20 - I got this one https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lagkapten-adils-desk-white-s29416758/ and its been great.

Reactions: anabeauty37
When I made tests with my modeling setup I realized that a room that looks tidy and orderly can look really messy through the cam. What worked really good for me was to reduce the number of things and colors inside the setting. Thats also the reason why B/W photography looks often more professional. So a reduction of "things" might be an idea.

Reactions: Lilypod
I'm a floor cammer and always have been. I briefly tried sitting on a cheap desk chair from Target, and it wasn't very comfy and it limited my movement, so I moved back to the floor. Every once in a while if I'm feeling particularly lazy/crappy, I'll cam on the couch since I do have a couch in my cam room, but 99% of the time, I'm on the floor. I have my laptop on a coffee table and that puts it at a good height for me. The lower shelf of the coffee table gives me space to stash all of the stuff I need to grab quickly when I'm on cam (raffle tickets, chance cards, vibrators) and I have a desk lamp with a clamp attached to the far side of the coffee table. Most of the time I try to just use daylight as my light source, so I sit facing a big window, but if the sun has set or it's particularly cloudy, I find that desk lamp plus the ceiling light in my room is enough lighting for me to look decent.

I think the floor's okay! For lighting I do the cheapest shit ever lol - I got these $11 work lamps from the Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-8-1...ent-Light-Fixture-with-Clamp-277894/202847393 and clamp them to an 89 cent foam poster board, point them at the board and it's like a cheapo light box! You can use whatever light bulbs you want. I have either 40 or 60w bulbs but I sometimes put in colored bulbs. Don't point them at your face, it's too bright; angle them towards something white like the walls, curtains, a poster board, etc. and it reflects a non-harsh light back.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SandyPanz
Hi!

I've been slowly buying things to get my cam corner ready for broadcast. I now have a webcam, some good lighting, a cheap cozy rug and a laptop. I'm still missing a chair and a table or somehing to set up my mic, lights and my old tv (I'll use it as a monitor since it's 32" and 1080p). I may try to cam on the floor until I get the funds for a cheap ikea desk and office chair but I don't know if it's possible with my scoliosis and weak muscles (I really should start working out haha 😆).

Do you have any tips on camming in comfort and/or on a budget and still look good? Any ideas about camming in a small space? I'm really curious about what set up you have!

Thanks!

I broadcast on the floor too lol. I do it because:

1. I can turning around easily
2. I don't make a mess in my bed or chair with lube and other fluids (I use a lot of lube), I use a yoga mat for the floor (it cleans easy) and a big pillow for my back.
3. The wall in that corner its the only part of my room that anybody can't recognize
4. My LAN cable does not reach my bed lol

I start saving for a better PC for better resolution, my macbook pro overheating too much and the resolution its not so god, its no bad, but I thing it could be better.

For lightning I just have bought a LED ring and a cheap lamp that lightning all the room. Hope with time and better incomes can improve my broadcast.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Hi!

Thanks!

🌻
My set up is a bed in my spare room with a sheer black curtain and fairy lights under it. I kinda wanna try moving things around though making things more fun and different. I would love to get a pole to! I think tonight I’m going to set my goal for “I want a lush toy!” or something like that 😊. Maybe you could do that like set it for “I want a gamer chair!”

My set up is a bed in my spare room with a sheer black curtain and fairy lights under it. I kinda wanna try moving things around though making things more fun and different. I would love to get a pole to! I think tonight I’m going to set my goal for “I want a lush toy!” or something like that 😊. Maybe you could do that like set it for “I want a gamer chair!”
Side note!!! I put liao as my goal and they made it happen!!

I am a desk cammer. I mostly sit in a n office chair in sexy outfits. I do a lot of librarian/ boss/roleplay and femdom type shows so the desk works great. I also do yoga shows on the floor in the day and lounge in my bed at night. I use a hdmi and wireless keyboard from my bed , have 2 laptops set up in front of my bed with a 50" tv above and a ring light behind the laptop i am camming on . Hope this helps.

Hi!

Thanks!

🌻
The TV as a monitor is a good idea, I do that too so I can read chat since my PC is on the other side of the room.

A lot of models cam on the floor, so you'd be fine to try it before getting any furniture. It's actually easier in some regards. When I do it I make a little cozy corner between my bed and my closet door (my closet also has a mirror so that's fun) with with pillows up against the wall so I can lean back and be comfy. I also throw down some waterproof blankets to sit on so I'm not directly on the carpet and I highly recommend getting some because they look nicer than towels and they'll protect your chair/bed/rug from any sort of mess, especially if you squirt or use lots of lube.

I also have my mic and my webcam set up together on a mic stand using a microphone bar and some attachments. Be careful what kind of mic stand you get if you have a heavier mic like a Blue Yeti because it can make the stand a bit top heavy in certain positions and it could tip over or cause the arm to droop.

I start saving for a better PC for better resolution, my macbook pro overheating too much and the resolution its not so god, its no bad, but I thing it could be better.
A cheap solution for that is to set it on top of some ice packs wrapped in a towel. It should improve things while you save up for you upgrade.

Reactions: MillyNoelle
A cheap solution for that is to set it on top of some ice packs wrapped in a towel. It should improve things while you save up for you upgrade.
Belive me or not, I do that when there is too much heat xD

I took my macbook to a technician a few months ago and he put a thermal compound on the chipboard and everything goes better since then. Still need to put a fan behind the macbook, but no crashes since then.

But I really need a new computer and a better set up place to broadcast, I hope the tips and tokens improve this months :(

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Status
Not open for further replies.