AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where am I going wrong? (Camming)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015
Scotland , UK
Twitter Username
@HoneySucklexx
Chaturbate Username
Honey_Suckle
I have been a broadcaster for 2 years now and I thought over time I would grasp a lot of things and be making more tokens as time goes on , however , each and every time I am on I manage at the maximum 1000 tokens a night.

I have tried daytime shows but not many people have came by my room or shown an interest during the day. I don't know much about creating a bio or editing html codes .. it's all very confusing to me. I don't know how to create gifs and I have also tried different applications during broadcasting but nobody seems to tip unless I have my token keno on therefore time and time again token keno get used and its same old same old.

I really dont know where im going wrong or where I should be looking in order to learn about creating/editing bios .. learning how to do raffles , create gifs etc.

I perform from my bed a lot too .. I would like to be able to perform from other areas of the house but my house badly needs decorated.

I have got myself in such a pickle xx

(Chaturbate Broadcaster)

You have terrible lighting.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Honey_Suckle
yeah the lighting is pretty bad, also the quality of your cam is not the best.
your bio is not That importend, like yes its nice to see a person with a nice bio, but its like 1% of people that Actully read it. so its better to focus your energi on other stuff.

• Helpful!
Your avi here looks a bit dark, but honestly if your library on CB is anything to go by, your lighting is not bad IMO.
Best I can tell you is to change it up. Your house doesn't need to be decorated, just neat and clutter free (although I've seen models with junky ass rooms and most horny guys don't seem to mind it much.)
Sidenote: I have been complimented for my room being clean, but some members are just fickle about that type of stuff. Not enough of them to make a huge difference in your earnings but still, it does get mentioned occasionally.

Change up: New scenery, new angles, new games. More bubbly and engaging if you're not already. More IDGAF attitude. Translation: be confident. Desperation can be smelled over the wifi waves, I'm positive of it. So if you're a sinking ship they will pick up on it. Act like your shit don't stink. And if you don't feel that way at all, well fake it til you make it. No one will value you as a camgirl unless you value yourself first.

Overall, experiment with new things until you find something that's works better. But don't let yourself get discouraged or insecure.
And since it's already been mentioned twice, I guess throw another damn lamp in there if need be.

Good luck girly:cat:

I have found myself in a rut too . I have been on MFC for a few years but I had a year break and I'm glad to be back. I'm just wondering what I'm doing different from back in the day. I used to get more attention but I guess I need to gain back most of my old followers. I'm not sure. Maybe it was just the last weekend because football and award shows.I just launched my first raffle and I've almost sold 50 tickets, not a bad idea at all.

Lighting and cam quality is absolutely crucial. But so is attitude. I feel as though if you have been working for as long as you are, but still have crappy lighting and cam quality... you should at least have had hints dropped long before now. I would suggest getting at least a lighter scenery, my lighting sucks too but I keep it as light as I can without blinding my audience, get a better web cam and honestly try a different type of site. I worked on Chaturbate with goodish lighting, a really good cam, bubbly and stuff but it never really worked for me, moved to Streamate and well. I don't feel like a failure there. Lol. Don't take it as it's something wrong with YOU. You just need some changes around you. See how the cam and lighting changes work out for you, and if things don't clear up try a different site. :)

• Helpful!
The day I camped out in your room for a while, the "bubbly" personality stuff was good. Playing and chatting with room was entertaining. Loved the accent.

Something I've always wondered for the UK models on CB is if its tougher to get members into your room?

I only really like to go to the English speaking rooms so on MFC I have it filtered to only show UK, North American and Australian models but on the few times I've looked at CB UK models are lumped in with the Euro/Russian models and there are hundreds of them so I gave up and just set it to North America. So in a sea of so many models I wonder if the way CB lets you sort models end up hurting the amount of traffic that you end up getting?

Lighting really does make a huge difference. It sounds really really stupid, but it does. I have four lamps in my room and if I forget to turn one on, there is MUCH less traffic. Also before acquiring the fourth lamp, my sessions weren't as lucrative either.

My room is kind of small and I usually have something like 450-500 watts of light in my room while camming. I've seen others with even better lighting but I can't really get any more lamps in there.

@LunaTuna I disagree that members will drop hints about lighting. Most, unless they're in film or photography, aren't really going to thing that lighting is the issue, but instead cam quality. Also I've gone an entire 40 minutes in the past with a room of 30-40 people without anyone saying my sound wasn't working.

@Honey_Suckle Once you have good lighting, if you're still having trouble, maybe switch to another site. I've heard Chaturbate can be really difficult for some models, as can SM or MFC, or wherever else. Some models definitely fit into some sites better than others. You strike me as someone who would do well on MFC!

@Sansa I have to say I have gone through the same thing on Streamate, but on Chaturbate any issue I had someone would mention. Even if there was something like a piece of clothing on the floor. Maybe my regulars and visitors were very fickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.