AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who at CB thought lumping different PVT pricing was a good thing?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Aug 22, 2021
Midwest State via Bogotá D.C.
I am sorry, but I just need to vent over this. 6-18tks, 30-42tks, 60-72tks and 90+tks per minute are now the ways to search for PVT show costs.

I have had a TON of idiots coming into my room complaining about my price per minute. Who at CB thought it was a great is to put the PVT shows into a lump category system?! The cheap fucks looking for 6 per minute are getting pissed because mine is set to 18. You have tags for every damn thing under the sun, but you cannot sort PVT shows by one price anymore? Good Lord, add it back in please!

LOL what?

My rate is well above your's. You low ball yourself you get the rif raff.

There has never been a time on CB where private rates weren't sorted.

Upvote 0
LOL what?

My rate is well above your's. You low ball yourself you get the rif raff.

There has never been a time on CB where private rates weren't sorted.
Okay, your rate is above mine and what? I am doing more than well enough with my pricing.

Yeah, there hasn't been a time where privates were not sorted, I agree. It used to be: 6, 12, 30, 60, 90 per minute sorting. Now is it lumped together as I wrote.

Upvote 0
My guess is they tried to go for a cleaner look and have less buttons to pick from, I'm not sure why a LESS effective search function would ever be the option you go with, but it is indeed what they have done here, I think the only one that was ever "lumped" together before, was 90+ everything else had their own category

Reactions: Highlander884
Upvote 0
I just can't even with this. Let's nitpick everything!

Upvote 0
I just can't even with this. Let's nitpick everything!
Nope I'm in agreement with Mia on this.
The ladies I follow that charge just 6 per min (they charge extra in pvt) get way more requests then ladies that charge more, they also get way more complaints from potential pvt tippers when they find out they have to pay extra for stuff.

So I don't doubt mia getting moaned at by cheapskates. The only good thing that might come out of this is maybe getting more viewers in the room (viewers not tippers.)

This also makes it more difficult for those that have to budget their pvts. I mean let's say they can afford half hour of 30 tokens per min but not 42.

I think wuggie is right that it's been done more likely to clean up the page but I don't get it.

Pretty damn sure 6 tokens per min is most popular search number for pvts, so if there's one number that should be on its own its 6.

Reactions: Wuggie and NotYou
Upvote 0
Nope I'm in agreement with Mia on this.
The ladies I follow that charge just 6 per min (they charge extra in pvt) get way more requests then ladies that charge more, they also get way more complaints from potential pvt tippers when they find out they have to pay extra for stuff.

So I don't doubt mia getting moaned at by cheapskates. The only good thing that might come out of this is maybe getting more viewers in the room (viewers not tippers.)

This also makes it more difficult for those that have to budget their pvts. I mean let's say they can afford half hour of 30 tokens per min but not 42.

I think wuggie is right that it's been done more likely to clean up the page but I don't get it.

Pretty damn sure 6 tokens per min is most popular search number for pvts, so if there's one number that should be on its own its 6.
The exposure is the point. With a 10 minute minimum, at 6 tokens that's $3 to the model. If people think that's worthy of their time, by all means. Certianly isn't worth mine. There are so many things that Chaturbate could fix but they choose to do stuff like this instead.

Also, if that's a common complaint with low token private rates, changing this isn't really going to stop the complaining. I can see a brief uptick but as most site designers will tell people who are complaining, "they'll get over it."

Upvote 0
I don't know why CB didn't either have a checkbox for each rate and allow the user to filter for exactly what they want, or do it like the age filter where the user can enter whatever range >=18 they want. I do appreciate the new filtering capabilities, but they did miss the mark on this one.

Upvote 0
The exposure is the point. With a 10 minute minimum, at 6 tokens that's $3 to the model. If people think that's worthy of their time, by all means. Certianly isn't worth mine. There are so many things that Chaturbate could fix but they choose to do stuff like this instead.

Also, if that's a common complaint with low token private rates, changing this isn't really going to stop the complaining. I can see a brief uptick but as most site designers will tell people who are complaining, "they'll get over it."

I think u r missing what mia was saying. At 18 tokens things were fine. Now that they lumped 18, 12 and 6 together under a search click, she's getting all the 6 token guys moaning at her for charging more.

If cb stayed to its original pvt searches she wouldn't have to be dealing with these cheapskates. Thats the problem she's complaining about, not done anything that's her fault to get these guys.

Upvote 0
We can discuss what prices are worth whos time all we want.. but I feel like there will be MANY different opinions and many different ways of running ones room, so I'm not going to touch that part of this thread, it's up to each user and model to figure all that out..

for the searching, I think it's a bad design, simple as that... if I went to other sites and wanted to buy something, and I could put in that I want to buy something at $100, I would be kind of annoyed that they told me "Ah yes okay, but you also have to see everything that's $200 and $300, and we will NOT let you see the price, until you click into each individual item either! therefor, I think it's a horrible design to put it all together like this! over at SC I know they have also lumped it all together, there you at least get the small indication of each rooms private prices when sorting by it (Picture for reference), if they would at least add that to CB also...

1713207082231.png

Upvote 0
We can discuss what prices are worth whos time all we want.. but I feel like there will be MANY different opinions and many different ways of running ones room, so I'm not going to touch that part of this thread, it's up to each user and model to figure all that out..

for the searching, I think it's a bad design, simple as that... if I went to other sites and wanted to buy something, and I could put in that I want to buy something at $100, I would be kind of annoyed that they told me "Ah yes okay, but you also have to see everything that's $200 and $300, and we will NOT let you see the price, until you click into each individual item either! therefor, I think it's a horrible design to put it all together like this! over at SC I know they have also lumped it all together, there you at least get the small indication of each rooms private prices when sorting by it (Picture for reference), if they would at least add that to CB also...

View attachment 99916
My point is, they aren't going to put it back to the way it was. It's the latest, badly thought out hurdle for models to jump.

CB is stubborn like that. The only way I see it being changed is if everyone on the site stops requesting privates and that's just not going to happen. Anyone with any investment in the site already has a favorite model to go private with and if they are newly in search of one they probably don't know it changed.

Trying to think of a way to filter it out and I'm not coming up with any ideas bot-wise because the necessary string of words to ban/filter is too wide of a net.

Upvote 0

View attachment 99916
I've always wondered if they purposely don't want people to see the exact private prices. I could see it being the case where a significant amount of users completely skip over higher priced privates because they don't want to spend a lot of money, but if they have fewer options to separate models they might stumble across some with higher rates who they really like and ultimately decide the higher rate is worth it.

Upvote 0
My point is, they aren't going to put it back to the way it was. It's the latest, badly thought out hurdle for models to jump.

CB is stubborn like that. The only way I see it being changed is if everyone on the site stops requesting privates and that's just not going to happen. Anyone with any investment in the site already has a favorite model to go private with and if they are newly in search of one they probably don't know it changed.

Trying to think of a way to filter it out and I'm not coming up with any ideas bot-wise because the necessary string of words to ban/filter is too wide of a net.
Oh I'm agreeing with you, I do not think they will change it back, I'm sorry I have not read any of your posts like this, that might be my mistake

I do hope they will make it BETTER than it is now, for example by when you start using it as a search criteria, it will show the private price in the corner, exactly like SC does (I don't know if you use SC, so I will say this, it only shows whenever one goes and put it in as a criteria, and not before) and I think that could help the models get over the headache of these users that get upset, PLUS it could help the users more easily find the room suitable for them..

I think we actually fully agree on these things, I just think I might have misread your posts in this thread.

I've always wondered if they purposely don't want people to see the exact private prices. I could see it being the case where a significant amount of users completely skip over higher priced privates because they don't want to spend a lot of money, but if they have fewer options to separate models they might stumble across some with higher rates who they really like and ultimately decide the higher rate is worth it.
it might be on purpose to try see if it works, however the 90+ category have ALWAYS been lumped together, I think if someone has the mindset they do not want to pay more than 6 tokens, anything above that, it doesn't matter who the model is, they will not do it.. (it's a big jump % wise in price right?, even if the price in itself is low) only CB will know why they did it like this, I still think they should try make it a better experience instead of something like this, both for models and for users.

*ETA*: seeing the changes CB keeps making, is actually making me more and more happy I swapped main site about half a year ago or so and I only buy tokens to tip 25 each day to one specific girl there now for thumbs up ratings..

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Oh I'm agreeing with you, I do not think they will change it back, I'm sorry I have not read any of your posts like this, that might be my mistake

I do hope they will make it BETTER than it is now, for example by when you start using it as a search criteria, it will show the private price in the corner, exactly like SC does (I don't know if you use SC, so I will say this, it only shows whenever one goes and put it in as a criteria, and not before) and I think that could help the models get over the headache of these users that get upset, PLUS it could help the users more easily find the room suitable for them..

I think we actually fully agree on these things, I just think I might have misread your posts in this thread.

it might be on purpose to try see if it works, however the 90+ category have ALWAYS been lumped together, I think if someone has the mindset they do not want to pay more than 6 tokens, anything above that, it doesn't matter who the model is, they will not do it.. (it's a big jump % wise in price right?, even if the price in itself is low) only CB will know why they did it like this, I still think they should try make it a better experience instead of something like this, both for models and for users.

*ETA*: seeing the changes CB keeps making, is actually making me more and more happy I swapped main site about half a year ago or so and I only buy tokens to tip 25 each day to one specific girl there now for thumbs up ratings..
The fact Mia had more people complaining shows it does exactly what it was designed to do: bring attention to models above 12 tokens but below 90, so yeah in their dev minds it works as intended.

They could be moving to add the price in the corner. They're clearly watching what SC is doing and trying to mimic.

(I'm not on SC because of their no pet policy. I'm not locking my cat up.)

The one thing even I am guilty of forgetting is CB is going for every nickel they can squeeze out of a viewer. If you see a model at 18 tokens when you nornally would only spend 6 per and you like them a lot, it may incentivise them to save up and try that room.

I think at this point CB realizes in a lot of ways they are the dinosaur of cam sites and need to change things up.

I think there would be less shock if we were actually TOLD about it.

Upvote 0

Think this makes the most sense to me.
As I'm sure many of us are aware sometimes u really need to scratch that itch or go for a cold shower. Some pvt requests are spontaneous. If they went into a room expecting 6 tokens pvt but found out it was higher there's a chance they might just think "fuck it" (as in the term fuck it, not the model) and just pay the higher cost.

Upvote 0
I am sorry, but I just need to vent over this. 6-18tks, 30-42tks, 60-72tks and 90+tks per minute are now the ways to search for PVT show costs.

I have had a TON of idiots coming into my room complaining about my price per minute. Who at CB thought it was a great is to put the PVT shows into a lump category system?! The cheap fucks looking for 6 per minute are getting pissed because mine is set to 18. You have tags for every damn thing under the sun, but you cannot sort PVT shows by one price anymore? Good Lord, add it back in please!
"the cheap fucks" woww nice way to talk about users... i didnt know market rules don´t apply to CB.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
"the cheap fucks" woww nice way to talk about users... i didnt know market rules don´t apply to CB.

I mean…if members are coming into her room and complaining about 18 tokens/minute for a private show (which is craaazy low…that’s 90 cents per minute), they are cheap fucks. Lol. If this was MFC, they’d be paying 60 tokens/minute for a private show…or 80 tokens/minute for a true private show. Maybe instead of treating models like it’s a community yard sale (haggling over prices), members should realize that they’re actually pretty spoiled on CB…and be happy to be getting such a dirt cheap show at 18 tokens/minute…..

Upvote 0
#18tknpvt
Seriously though, I think it's more likely that anyone finding a model that appeals to them, but is beyond their *usual* price point, would just be motivated to try and bargain them down, rather than spend up.
Sounds like this is what prompted the original post?

Upvote 0
#18tknpvt
Seriously though, I think it's more likely that anyone finding a model that appeals to them, but is beyond their *usual* price point, would just be motivated to try and bargain them down, rather than spend up.
Sounds like this is what prompted the original post?

Nah this is more about users moaning at mia because they assume a model might be cheaper thanks to cb's recent dumb tag system.

Also can people just respect that mia's choice of charges? I don't know what she does in pvt, she could be inserting things in herself or she could just be doing non nude chatting. It's her choice and wouldn't be the first lady I know that's had it and done fine at 18 tokens. And one girl I know makes more at 30 tokens then she did at 60. So it just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

I mean…if members are coming into her room and complaining about 18 tokens/minute for a private show (which is craaazy low…that’s 90 cents per minute), they are cheap fucks. Lol. If this was MFC, they’d be paying 60 tokens/minute for a private show…or 80 tokens/minute for a true private show. Maybe instead of treating models like it’s a community yard sale (haggling over prices), members should realize that they’re actually pretty spoiled on CB…and be happy to be getting such a dirt cheap show at 18 tokens/minute…..

OK that kinda explains why many of the studio girls I've followed who cam on multiple sites get more pvts accepted on cb and more tokens there too.
Please don't think I'm having a go at mfc for the models for those charges, it just explains why cb always seems more popular on both sides of the screen despite its issues.

Upvote 0
Nah this is more about users moaning at mia because they assume a model might be cheaper thanks to cb's recent dumb tag system.

Also can people just respect that mia's choice of charges? I don't know what she does in pvt, she could be inserting things in herself or she could just be doing non nude chatting. It's her choice and wouldn't be the first lady I know that's had it and done fine at 18 tokens. And one girl I know makes more at 30 tokens then she did at 60. So it just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

OK that kinda explains why many of the studio girls I've followed who cam on multiple sites get more pvts accepted on cb and more tokens there too.
Please don't think I'm having a go at mfc for the models for those charges, it just explains why cb always seems more popular on both sides of the screen despite its issues.
Unless you're in the private you have no idea what these models earn.

Upvote 0
Yes, I was able to follow along with the thread thanks.
That's exactly my point - at least some users will be motivated to either complain, or attempt to bargain the price down - or both, when they search with an expectation of 6/min and find higher rates in that group.
It has nothing to do with whatever price point any model has decided is best for them, just the comment this thread started off on - CB making changes without notifying models, or checking they want/need anything changed.

Upvote 0
Unless you're in the private you have no idea what these models earn.

Erm no ofc I don't.

If you mean how do I know the lady that earns more at 30 that's because she told me.

If you mean how do I know the studio girls I followed "" "" well again u hear noises, look at how many times they say they need to go offline for pvt elsewhere or (gasp) a couple of them told me, particularly the ones that quit their studios and could only use one site at home and choose cb over sc or mfc.

Ofc I'm not saying every girl, just different experiences.

Upvote 0
I almost exclusively search 6 tok/min pvt. I tip extra but I'll accept that I'm cheap. The truth is I like to enjoy the show without thinking about the transactional relationship of sex work. So, tipping for me is more about the show of appreciation, an applause button lol. With this change, I'll just have to use my following page exclusively until that runs dry which kinda sucks.

Also if everyone's happy, why are people so against poor people consuming sex work?

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Also if everyone's happy, why are people so against poor people consuming sex work?
It's less about "poor people consuming sex work" and more about "sex shows/etc are a privilege not a right" and should be consumed by people with that part of their budget as a bonus expense not depended on as a part of what their barely living wage allows.

And unfortunately a lot of the models who price their privates at the lowest rate are what are considered "survival sex workers" where this job is their only means of earning a wage, and they can't scrape by with higher rates. So keep in mind when you're patronizing those who rate their PVT so low, it's cuz they need that money to feed themselves/their family. I'm glad you accept that you're cheap, though. At least you get that part of it.

Upvote 0
It's less about "poor people consuming sex work" and more about "sex shows/etc are a privilege not a right" and should be consumed by people with that part of their budget as a bonus expense not depended on as a part of what their barely living wage allows.

And unfortunately a lot of the models who price their privates at the lowest rate are what are considered "survival sex workers" where this job is their only means of earning a wage, and they can't scrape by with higher rates. So keep in mind when you're patronizing those who rate their PVT so low, it's cuz they need that money to feed themselves/their family. I'm glad you accept that you're cheap, though. At least you get that part of it.
I feel like I should also remind that the original token cam site (MFC) charges 60 tokens/min of a private which = $3 per minute to the model. If you're looking for a 6 token/min private that's just $0.30 per minute for the model.

Please realize how cheap that is.

Upvote 0
Discussing what price is acceptable is meaningless if you are not considering how much difference there is in wages worldwide. I will try to compare Colombia, Romania and the US using the latest available figures for minimum wage, I have doubled those to take into account that a lot of Colombian and Romanian models are likely to be in a studio that takes a 50% cut. To make comparison easier I have calculated them into a weekly figure, the result is this:

Colombia $240 a week, or 80 minutes private at 60 tokens (The official minimum wage in Colombia according to Wage Indicator is $340 a month)
Romania $360 a week, or 120 minutes private at 60 tokens (The official minimum wage in Romania according to Wage Indicator is $710 a month)
United States $1.500, or 500 minutes private at 60 tokens (I chose not to use the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour and used the $17 an hour which is the highest state minimum wage as my base, which equals about $3.000 a month)

Edit, Colombia is 80 minutes at 60 tokens, not 60

Upvote 0
Discussing what price is acceptable is meaningless if you are not considering how much difference there is in wages worldwide. I will try to compare Colombia, Romania and the US using the latest available figures for minimum wage, I have doubled those to take into account that a lot of Colombian and Romanian models are likely to be in a studio that takes a 50% cut. To make comparison easier I have calculated them into a weekly figure, the result is this:

Colombia $240 a week, or 80 minutes private at 60 tokens (The official minimum wage in Colombia according to Wage Indicator is $340 a month)
Romania $360 a week, or 120 minutes private at 60 tokens (The official minimum wage in Romania according to Wage Indicator is $710 a month)
United States $1.500, or 500 minutes private at 60 tokens (I chose not to use the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour and used the $17 an hour which is the highest state minimum wage as my base, which equals about $3.000 a month)

Edit, Colombia is 80 minutes at 60 tokens, not 60
I feel like you forgot to explain your point...

Models arnt trying to make minimum wage, their target customers arnt making minimum wage. Why would what someone earns in a minmum wage job in a country that isnt filled with the customers your targeting effect pricing?

If your point was "this is what these people can afford to spend" then you missed the living costs (which would make for a better argument than minimum wage in regards to setting pricing than minimum wage), then you could do minimum wage - living costs = available to spend and make the argument that prices are too high because the money isnt there, but again, not targeting people making minimum wage, so moot point.

The only thing your post shows is why there are more Romanian and Colombian models than there are USA models.

Upvote 0
I think u r missing what mia was saying. At 18 tokens things were fine. Now that they lumped 18, 12 and 6 together under a search click, she's getting all the 6 token guys moaning at her for charging more.

If cb stayed to its original pvt searches she wouldn't have to be dealing with these cheapskates. Thats the problem she's complaining about, not done anything that's her fault to get these guys.
I don't think your getting what vixen is saying charging 18 tokes is considered very low for a pvt already. So even if it's lumped she's still going to get cheaper customers. If your doing good at 18 I recommend trying at least 30 or 60 . Your clients will be better quality. Vixen was trying to help her

Upvote 0