AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who to sign up with?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2013
So I'm very new to webcam modeling, I know that it's something that I want to venture further into..
But I need some advise on what site to sign up with, I'm totally confused and tried doing research but its hard to tell who is legit and who is just blowing smoke out their ass.

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated!
I really want to apply for model status once I sign up with a site :p

hannahxoxo said:
So I'm very new to webcam modeling, I know that it's something that I want to venture further into..
But I need some advise on what site to sign up with, I'm totally confused and tried doing research but its hard to tell who is legit and who is just blowing smoke out their ass.

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated!
I really want to apply for model status once I sign up with a site :p
MyFreeCams is popular, but I firmly believe it is not a good site for beginner models (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10620)

Streamate is a very good option, but it has a steeper learning curve and can be very confusing. The key is to spend a lot of time at Streamate.com, and even spend some money, to learn how things work there.

Chaturbate was/is a good site but recently has been running in to some issues (banning models without warning, refusing to pay out).

Naked.com and Skinvideo are both good, but I have no experience with either of them.

Avoid cam4, imlive, and livejasmin - never heard anything good about any of those sites.

Regardless of the site you choose, read the contract. This isn't the fuckin' Apple TOS you have to accept before you can use your iPod - you are providing countless hours of yourself nude, masturbating, and engaging in sexual acts. Women should be EXTREMELY aware of what will be done with that content, because yes, almost all sites are going to sell videos of you or share them with tube sites for advertising. Also ensure you sign up with the real website, not through a studio, which will do nothing for you and just take money from you.

You can also look in to some "passive" sites like extralunchmoney, clips4sale, and mygirlfund, where you upload content (like pictures and videos) and members buy it even when you aren't online.

Getting model status will be awesome, there is ridiculous amounts of help in there :D you don't need to start camming, just set up an account so your identity is verified and then apply for model status!

I started out on Flirt4Free, and I'm really glad I did. It has a high turn over rate. It's not the highest paying place - it's hard to get an exact number, to be honest. I started out making 26%, but I was in a studio, so you should make more. They have a lot of daily and weekly prizes and they're easily attainable since they're divided into sections, like new girl and such. Despite the low cut I made there, I made good money because the customer base is happy to pay. It has a LOT of really good guides, and a forum for models and members that's a bit similar to ACF's set up, with a models only section. Ranking and set up is a mixture of MFC and SM. It's a good place to get a feel for things until you're ready to move on, I think.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I like myfreecams, but it is important to start right as you don't get another chance. If you make a lot in the beginning your camscore will rise which'll give you a massive jump start!

Thank you so much! I've recently got the green light to model on MFC but I've not done so yet. I want to make sure I get off to the best start as the camscore drops do worry me.

I'll do a bit more reading and a bit more browsing, and see if there's another place that I can work with as well.

Personally I have started out with MyFreeCams a week ago, and I like it. Unfortunately I haven't had the best of luck with tippers, even though I give everyone a good show. But maybe that will change. Just remember, no matter which site(s) you choose, have fun and do not allow the users to put you down. Had someone constantly making rude remarks last night.

I wish you the best of luck!!! :)

Reactions: WickedTouch
FinchLey said:
Thank you so much! I've recently got the green light to model on MFC but I've not done so yet. I want to make sure I get off to the best start as the camscore drops do worry me.

I'll do a bit more reading and a bit more browsing, and see if there's another place that I can work with as well.

You're pretty, I hope you do well!

My advice is don't block the Uk. I'm a uk girl and Uk guys love Uk girls. It cut my income by about half having it blocked, and guys could still get through the location blocks. If you're seriously worried about people finding out and not as fussed about camming then you'd probably still make a fair amount with Uk blocked, but it does take away a big edge.

Another piece of advice which you can take or not take, I'd become a premium member of mfc for at least a week, watch and tip other models. Have a set amount of spending money for tokens (you can deduct tax), just get to know the scene etc, don't poach members or go on in the public room about being a model, just relax and treat it like you're just a usual member in the room. You might make some model friends, and possibly some member friends too. I wouldn't expect them to support you when you start camming, but they might come online and say hi and give you a bit of encouragement on your first day. Although I disagree thoroughly with member poaching, I have met a few really cool members in other models rooms and on many camming sessions they've been chatty and fun and generally made my room a more pleasant place.

Another advantage with having your own premium account is although many people disapprove of this, if you are worried about your camscore dropping, or you don't make much at the start you might want to consider keeping some tokens and using them to self tip offline. This'd hopefully stop your camscore from dropping and might give you a little extra boost. It also means you wouldn't have to worry quite as much about having to earn loads your first session so you could chill a bit more. It's not something I'd recommend long term, but at the start while you find your feet it could be a nice fall back.
If you haven't already apply for the models only section of this forum and check out the camscore thread. It will have the info on how much you roughly need to make to have certain camscores so you can work out your aims.

Reactions: FinchLey
Isabella_deL said:
FinchLey said:

You're pretty, I hope you do well!

My advice is don't block the Uk... ...It will have the info on how much you roughly need to make to have certain camscores so you can work out your aims.
cut for length

:oops: Thanks so much for your compliment and your advice! I have a normal account so I'll definitely buy some tokens to be premium. I've been admiring a couple of ladies for a while now and it'd be unfair for me to not thank them for being awesome. :) I wouldn't dream of poaching someone's customers, but I don't want to come off as over-friendly and creepy, either. :S

There aren't really any people that I'm hiding this from; my partner and I discussed it in length and he says he's fine with it (the gist being he's just started out as a non-nude model and doesn't want to come off as a hypocrite) and I'm not too concerned with what people I say I can and can't do with my body, so it's all good really. :-D

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
FinchLey said:
I wouldn't dream of poaching someone's customers, but I don't want to come off as over-friendly and creepy, either. :S

There aren't really any people that I'm hiding this from; my partner and I discussed it in length and he says he's fine with it (the gist being he's just started out as a non-nude model and doesn't want to come off as a hypocrite) and I'm not too concerned with what people I say I can and can't do with my body, so it's all good really.

I'd recommend coming to some of the acf girls rooms, then dropping a tipnote saying who you are/mentioning ACF. I love going and saying hi to ACF friends when I'm online although it can be a bit too addictive! Some girls rooms are busier than others and usually I'll try and pick a moment when the model friend isn't too occupied or busy, or is playing a game I can join in on. A lot of models (including myself) can get a bit flustered when one of their acf model friends comes in the room. Girls are harder to impress, which girls all know so there's often a bit of a "crap what do I look like?!" moment. Even though I get this I'm always thrilled when someone comes and hangs out in the room anyway, and the moment of "oh my god! my friend's seeing me naked with no make up and bad hair!" usually passes pretty quickly.

Finding a perve partner can be fun too! Especially if it's a more seasoned character of mfc who does actually tip they can take you along with them on their perve routes and let you in on reasons they like certain girls etc. Member advice and help at the beginning can be very useful as long as it comes from an actually tipping member and you bear in mind that mfc members are all complete strangers and will have very little in common with each other, including in their personal preferences and reasons they like certain girls.

When you're a new model you will probably be battered with members trying to give advice. Some will be really good, most will be terrible. Ignore most of it. Pretty much all member advice you will already know for yourself if you cam for longer than 3 months and are a member of acf. You will learn every day from members but rarely from direct advice from them. In your first few days especially though there will be a lot you can learn from other members, it'll just have to be up to you what you feel is helpful and worth listening to.

Being a non nude model will be much harder, though I have a friend who has been very successful even though she started showing no skin in public and going in long groups where she rarely got naked and even then it was only implied. You'll have to get very good at the tease though and a lot of it is luck of the game, I believe her camscore jumped up to 6/7k within the first few days of her camming. A lot of the time members don't expect much of new models but will check them out, so if you're good with the right amount of shyness/suggestion they may not even notice you're non nude for the first few sessions. After that hopefully your camscore would be high enough that you'll still get a lot of publicity.

Reactions: SeductiveGeek
Status
Not open for further replies.