AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why Are Black Females On MFC Afraid To Say That They Are BLK?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for ppl choosing what they want but i don't like when they then demand that society bend for them.
Don't much care for your use of "ppl". I had a strict, pre-information age education, which focused heavily on spelling and grammar. Yes, I can write cursive. Seeing my native language disintegrate over the last few years has given me a great deal of angst.

Now, errors are going to creep in on occasion, there is no getting around that; but I am one of those people who sometimes becomes despondent to the point of suicide when he realizes he has made a typo. And frankly, being surrounded by others who flippantly strip words of vowels on a whim isn't helping matters.

We are all in this together pEOplE...

:troll:

• Funny!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
Sometimes people want to change society when they should be changing themselves

I'm so confused what that has to do with preferred pronouns.

In fairness, this thread didn't start with preferred pronouns, and threads drift.

That said, on the pronouns front, like most things, I'm pretty simple. I prefer that people that have pronoun preferences politely tell me what they prefer. By default I'd instinctively use the pronoun that appears to match a person's gender expression, failing that, I'd try to use their name as much as possible, and finally probably fall back on "they/them". Like others have said, that last still triggers an automatic looking around for the second person to make the plural, but I can get past that with effort.

I have a terrible memory for names, and tend to respond to introductions by acknowledging that, and reassuring the person that I'll memorize the name eventually. The same would applies pronouns.

If a person gets immediately angry with me using the wrong pronoun the first time, I'm probably going to distance myself from that person. Not because of their pronoun choice, but because that feels like they don't respect my ability and willingness to learn and adjust.

Tying back slightly to the original topic, I feel the same way about Person of Color vs. Black vs. African American. Often it's easier to just not refer to race, but I have friends with very strong preferences for and against each of those, so I try to remember and use the right one in the right place.

Pronouns are like Wargames: the only winning move is to not play. There is not a single pronoun you could use to describe or address someone that won't offend somebody. The only fool-proof solution is to become a mind-reader.

That said, becoming annoyed or frustrated about feeling pressure to use the right pronoun at the right time and being unable to accept that some times you'll get it wrong and offend somebody feels a little self-centred. I'm fortunate in that having the wrong pronoun attached to me isn't ever likely to be an issue. I'm lucky in that my outward appearance and bodily features just so happen to align with my gender and so being addressed as "sir" isn't going to trigger or exacerbate any gender dysphoria in me. I've never had to worry about being accepted by society, friends, family; I've never had to experience confusion about who I was or who I was supposed to be. That's not the case for everybody though and I'd be a special kind of asshole if I refused to refer to someone based on their preferred pronouns when it's literally the least I can do. Anything less than that and I'd either be doing nothing to help at all, or going out of my way to make things worse.

Remembering or ascertaining that someone's gender is not what you might have guessed is like, the mildest of inconveniences. And yet it can be the difference between that person having a good day and a shitty day. And while you're never going to please everybody all the time (case in point, I'm sure I've used the word "females" to describe women before as before reading this thread I had no earthly idea that was considered sexist), any frustration that comes from being told you're using the wrong pronoun, as unavoidable as it is at times, must pale in comparison to the frustration that the person you've mis-labelled must feel.

This whole thread. Hate speech. Also, fake news.

make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif

Reactions: Mikey_P

My comment was just a general one, not on preferred pronouns specifically

I just worry that pretty innocuous words are becoming "bad" and people are learning to become offended by them

No word is inherently bad, well, maybe ones created purely to be a slur, but even then they're sometimes embraced and re-purposed positively

Sometimes it feels like words are used to create barriers between us, to establish us vs them

Words have as much power as you want to give them

But I'm waffling now :p

• Funny!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
Is saying they to avoid triggering dysphoria that big of a deal?

I'm a gender neutral person who prefers they pronouns, but when someone misgenders me, I politely correct them and just move on.)

The problem is that, at least in my admittedly limited experience, they never just politely correct you and move on. All I've ever seen is angry attention whores that want to yell at you for not knowing what they want to be called. Very rude and intolerant people that usually hurt the cause they are working towards while also alienating and insulting any person that was willing to learn and maybe even change.

Reactions: Mikey_P
I'm all for ppl choosing what they want but i don't like when they then demand that society bend for them.

I think its all about the way they go about it. If everyone took that attitude and never tried to change society then black people would still be slaves, mixed race marriages would still be illegal and so would gay marriages along with a whole load of other things that used to be OK in society that no longer are.

The people who flip out on someone for using a wrong word probably need to chill out but it seems quite fair that people who get abused and descriminated against for how they choose to live should want society to change and allow them just to go about their business in the same way everyone else can.

I think its all about the way they go about it. If everyone took that attitude and never tried to change society then black people would still be slaves, mixed race marriages would still be illegal and so would gay marriages along with a whole load of other things that used to be OK in society that no longer are.

The people who flip out on someone for using a wrong word probably need to chill out but it seems quite fair that people who get abused and descriminated against for how they choose to live should want society to change and allow them just to go about their business in the same way everyone else can..

When does one persons freedom become someone else's oppression

If say a man feels very uncomfortable with women making eye contact with him, should he be able to tell everyone else where they're able to look?

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
When does one persons freedom become someone else's oppression

If say a man feels very uncomfortable with women making eye contact with him, should he be able to tell everyone else where they're able to look?

Or, say a guy has an itchy crotch, should he not be allowed to rub it whenever he needs to obtain relief or should he be forced to suffer in agony? #strawmanproblems

Or, say a guy has an itchy crotch, should he not be allowed to rub it whenever he needs to obtain relief or should he be forced to suffer in agony? #strawmanproblems

Sometimes I see men put their hand down their pants, scratch their balls, then they lift their hand up and sniff it..

That should be banned in public lol.

Please don't ever say this again. WHITE IS THE ABSENCE OF ALL COLOR. Everything I quoted here that you said is seriously ridiculous.

There's really no difference between people of different races, and "POC", although I strongly dislike the term, applies to everyone - white is as much a color as any other.

WHITE IS THE ABSENCE OF ALL COLOR..

I hate to be this nitpicky but I guess I have problems but actually black would be the absence of all colour. White would be the combination of all colours. Although that has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Reactions: NatalieP
Black is the absence of all color? So if I dump a bunch of different colored paints together I would get white?

• Funny!
Reactions: LioraVox
Ok for science.

WHITE is the combination of all spectrums of LIGHT
BLACK is the absorption of all spectrums of LIGHT or lack of light at all.

Our eye interpretation of color is what spectrum of light is being absorbed by an object.

Let's leave scientific color interpretation out of race relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.