AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do I pay for cams when can watch free?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated public shows so much, I don't work sites that allow them. That's just me though, and I know public shows work perfectly fine for lots of models. Everyone hustles differently and has different preferences. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. I know there are plenty of models who make more money than me on freemium sites, and that's cool. Doing public shows work for them.

Me, I do better camming in a smaller group focusing on my spenders because I'll get distracted by the chat. I never give out content to show my appreciation, because I prefer people to buy them outright. I show my appreciation by thanking them and performing some solid masturbational material or just plainly ruining blowjobs forever.

Imo: Freemium models are way too generous compared to paywall models. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing! Just something I have noticed throughout the years. Doesn't mean they are being ripped off, because there are reasons why for what they do. Like is said, everyone hustles differently.

Last edited:
After reading the many replied I will not get tilted on who tips and who doesn't. Many of the big spenders may well have paid the model for other things - onlyfans member maybe or bought the videos etc. - so they are supporting in their own way. If model thought they were freeloading she would kick them. And why I tip if other don't - I've always been a big spender - if had no dough I stayed home - if only had enough dough to have a good time but not a great time - stayed home. As got older wallet got fuller so could afford great times =) Let the good times roll =)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
I don't think you necessarily need to keep it going more than 10 minutes. Unless I'm missing something.

Personally, I never feel like I HAVE to pay for a show beyond the minimum (which seems to be 10 minutes for many models). But the fact that it’s the stated minimum makes me feel cheap if I don’t. Same concept with tipping waitresses. I know I can tip the minimum suggested %, but I don’t feel right unless I tip more. So I never go into a private expecting to wrap things up in the minimum time.

My last one went 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I honestly felt like it was all rushed. I would say with the vast majority of models it is under 20 minutes, and that is about the time to explore what they have to offer. The model I was with for a longer time has become a good friend, and I would not spend that amount of time with most models.

I am surprised to see people are doing private shows north of 2 hours. It has never occurred to me to purchase a feature film length private show. My average is 23-25 minutes. Shortest was 16 minutes (internet issues ended it prematurely), longest was around 35 minutes. But that was because we talked for 10 minutes afterward and I left the meter running.

From a private model POV: It takes dudes mostly 3-5 minutes to make themselves cum. Most of my privates are in that length. They were that length when my rates were cheaper and same now with my more expensive rates.

I don't expect members to take me to any particular length of show. When you are done, be done. My rates are per minute. You can chose to tip me as a thank you, or not. I literally have zero expectations as long as my boundaries are being respected.

I still do longer shows with members who want to enjoy more time, or need longer, but I really don't want to be taken for hour long shows anymore if the member thinks it's mostly for me. This bitch gets tired now.

I still get longer shows, but they arent really that much. When I do goldshows and give people 7 minutes for $4, I still see lots leave after 3 or so minutes. They can stay and finish watching, but they choose to be done. I have lots of regulars who do this.

Don't feel bad for doing less. Like sometimes it's preffered.

Personally, I never feel like I HAVE to pay for a show beyond the minimum (which seems to be 10 minutes for many models). But the fact that it’s the stated minimum makes me feel cheap if I don’t. Same concept with tipping waitresses. I know I can tip the minimum suggested %, but I don’t feel right unless I tip more. So I never go into a private expecting to wrap things up in the minimum time.

I am surprised to see people are doing private shows north of 2 hours. It has never occurred to me to purchase a feature film length private show. My average is 23-25 minutes. Shortest was 16 minutes (internet issues ended it prematurely), longest was around 35 minutes. But that was because we talked for 10 minutes afterward and I left the meter running.

No model should complain about being taken private if they offer it, so go with what works for you. If it's ten minutes, then it's ten minutes. The minimum they set is usually to help offset any possible lost income from when they're done with a private and getting ready to go back into the room. Some members will leave when they go to a privates, others will stay. It's a risk the model takes when/if she chooses to accept a private. I wouldn't feel bad about, nor cheap, as it's their decision to run the room as they decide.

My average private for a long time was about 11-12 minutes (900 token package is great for keeping time ;) ) for a while, and the longest I did with a model was about an hour and forty five minutes. Current average is about 30 minutes, and with only a couple models now instead of more like in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smoothie

Ok got it, I am on SM, and didn't know about this 10 min minimum thing. It sounds like it's a token site dynamic thing.

Most of my shows are also 3-5 minutes, and I like it that way. I have had guys take me for 2-hour shows, and it has gotten beyond boring and painful. So I end any show that goes beyond about 35 mins. I would only be interested in a 2 hour show, with the same guy, if it basically involved talking only, or I would become beyond bored, dehydrated, and irritated. I used to do them all the time, and it involved so much acting on my part, pretending to have fun, when I wasn't. I'd rather just be real. The only time I enjoyed long 1-2 hour shows, was when the dude just wanted to talk. Those are fucking great, way interesting (to me), and more likely to get me hornier. Especially if he is intelligent, and a cool, secure dude.

Reactions: Herein2020
Ok got it, I am on SM, and didn't know about this 10 min minimum thing. It sounds like it's a token site dynamic thing.

Most of my shows are also 3-5 minutes, and I like it that way. I have had guys take me for 2-hour shows, and it has gotten beyond boring and painful. So I end any show that goes beyond about 35 mins. I would only be interested in a 2 hour show, with the same guy, if it basically involved talking only, or I would become beyond bored, dehydrated, and irritated. I used to do them all the time, and it involved so much acting on my part, pretending to have fun, when I wasn't. I'd rather just be real. The only time I enjoyed long 1-2 hour shows, was when the dude just wanted to talk. Those are fucking great, way interesting (to me), and more likely to get me hornier.

Most of the Privates I do with models involves talking at different times throughout the private. It really kind of varies on how much talking there is, as have had some interesting/funny things happen and we stop to laugh and talk about it, etc. Sometimes the talking at the end is quick, other times it's been 15-20 minutes. It's primarily the reason why I do TruePrivates (exclusive) so that people can't spy on us. It's also a reason why I only visit specific models I've come to know over time and confident they don't/won't split cam to another site.

Most of the Privates I do with models involves talking at different times throughout the private. It really kind of varies on how much talking there is, as have had some interesting/funny things happen and we stop to laugh and talk about it, etc. Sometimes the talking at the end is quick, other times it's been 15-20 minutes. It's primarily the reason why I do TruePrivates (exclusive) so that people can't spy on us. It's also a reason why I only visit specific models I've come to know over time and confident they don't/won't split cam to another site.
OK. Yes, I don't know what split camming even is. It's not something that I would be confident on being able to manage, so I have never looked into it. In general, a lot of your posts on this matter, in the past, have led me to believe that you are very considerate of the models who you take private. I feel confident that you would not take a model for a long private, and make it hard on her intentionally. If a model enjoys long privates, that's great.

My perspective is that I absolutely do not enjoy long privates. So I want to let the guys know, who don't have the money, endurance, or time for those, that a lot of us still really appreciate them. I only enjoy long privates with a very select few people also.

ETA; I have had several hour-long shows where it is all talk. Those guys are always welcome to long shows, any time. Total true ballers. Sexy.

OK. Yes, I don't know what split camming even is. It's not something that I would be confident on being able to manage, so I have never looked into it. In general, a lot of your posts on this matter, in the past, have led me to believe that you are very considerate of the models who you take private. I feel confident that you would not take a model for a long private, and make it hard on her intentionally. If a model enjoys long privates, that's great.

My perspective is that I absolutely do not enjoy long privates. So I want to let the guys know, who don't have the money, endurance, or time for those, that a lot of us still really appreciate them. I only enjoy long privates with a very select few people also.

Split camming is broadcasting to two or more different sites, such as MFC and CB, simultaneously. Many models will be considerate and shut down one stream while they do a private on the other. However, others view it as a means to make extra revenue on the site(s) the private is not occurring. If I'm paying for a TruePrivate/Exlusive, that's an extra amount specifically for it. It's dishonest, and I've now blocked/reported multiple models who've done this. Some of them I've come to find out later that they have been banned, though unsure it's due to this or something else. One model was banned from both MFC and CB within a couple of months.

You're correct, I don't like to make it uncomfortable for either of us. I've even told a model to stop in a private because she was in obvious pain doing something she wanted to but kept going. I asked her to stop again and when she didn't, I exited out of the private. That does not interest me at all, as I view privates as should be enjoyable for both of us. Not just her there for me, and they enjoy this about when I do privates with them.

We all like different things, models and members alike. Nothing wrong with short privates, nor long, so long as we find enjoyment in them. :)

Reactions: MarieElise
Split camming is broadcasting to two or more different sites, such as MFC and CB, simultaneously.

I don't understand internet services very well, but wouldn't that lead to a lower quality stream on each site?

I don't understand internet services very well, but wouldn't that lead to a lower quality stream on each site?

It depends on network and computer capabilities as to quality. The models who do it can explain better than I could

Not necessarily. Like @ForceTen says, it depends on your internet connection and your computer. On the other hand, you don't need a crazy good internet connection and a supercomputer to split cam in decent quality.
if you want to actually do it is another question. I've seen enough shows that were actually privates on the other site, and it wasn't always vanilla Domi work. I mean, one of my favourite models would get a foot fetishist on regular visits to the other site, and he always took her to pvt. We could see all of it. Probably not what the guy had in mind.

Not necessarily. Like @ForceTen says, it depends on your internet connection and your computer. On the other hand, you don't need a crazy good internet connection and a supercomputer to split cam in decent quality.
if you want to actually do it is another question. I've seen enough shows that were actually privates on the other site, and it wasn't always vanilla Domi work ...
Yes, it's not something I want to do at all. ETA; I was wondering more specifically, I guess if people are able to do it and maintain full HD, on all sites.
What do you mean by vanilla Domi? What does that term mean?

Oh, sorry. Another idiom. Vanilla Domi = normal masturbation with a Domi toy.
Lol, I just googled it, and this is what I found hahahahaha. I was so confused. I am laughing so hard right now.

ETA; I understood the vanilla part. It was the Domi, I keep forgetting those are toys that everyone is into. I think Brett or someone explained it to me before, but I forgot. Domi is a brand name. From what it sounds like, its a Hitachi like toy.

Last edited:
ETA; I understood the vanilla part. It was the Domi, I keep forgetting those are toys that everyone is into. I think Brett or someone explained it to me before, but I forgot. Domi is a brand name. From what it sounds like, its a Hitachi like toy.
Yup. Looks and works like a Hitachi, but is battery driven. I only hear good things about it :cool:
One particuler model has a simple goal in her room: x number of tokens and the Domi comes out. Five minutes later she is a wreck and can't speak.

ETA: The Domi is of course activated by tips, just like the Lush.

• Helpful!
I understood the vanilla part. It was the Domi, I keep forgetting those are toys that everyone is into. I think Brett or someone explained it to me before, but I forgot. Domi is a brand name. From what it sounds like, its a Hitachi like toy.
Yes, it's a wand. A product of Lovense made for external use (so, if external is understood as soft...).
A legend tells that a cam girl accidentally destroyed her chair with a domi that digged an hole in it.

And a funny fact about 'Vanilla' , that seems very "US cultural" in this meaning for "soft" as ie Vanilla can mean Vagina in Spanish slang and it's not a surprise as vanilla comes from the same latin word, 'vagina' meaning "sheath (sheath in which the sword was enclosed)"

The split cams - some are on 3 sites - CB, MFC, and Stripchat - oh - make it 4 - CamSoda too sometimes - is unreal. Mainly studio models it seems and after seeeing the mention of big internet connection required above ya would need that. And most don't turn off during private . I was on CB and stopped by a model room I visit and she was going balls out which is usually only down at end of the show if goal reached. After watching for a bit and her screaming baby .. at the screen I knew was a PVT and we were getting the bonus footage. I hope they muted it as we started tipping and the PVT guy would know then was other things. Also can tell the split cam but the different sounds the tips make when come in - MFC being the loudest and stripchat seems to be the quietest =) And the Domi - oh my - some models are working that in and out like a dildo - the big squirt is coming =)

There are models who split a lot of sites at one time do a set and forget. Usually those are the ones where you don't get as much attention or traffic. That way when you are performing a show somewhere else you might get tipped in the background of your set and forget sites. There are days where models can earn more on their set and forget compared to the sites the pay attention to.

While I do agree models should try pause the other streams if they get taken to a show, but some people don't earn enough to earn a living off of one site and the time to invest in everyone. So I understand why they do.

I split to 2 sites now and it's one of the reasons I don't take privates or do site specific goals. I did have an obs overlay with a mutual goal countdown with a custom app running that tallied tokens from both sites into the goal but I have to rewrite it as some updates caused it to glitch. Cam splitting doesn't need a super powerful computer. There are services that will split the stream for you. You stream to that service and they restream it to the sites. I can kill one site with a switch if I wanted to take a private but I don't so...

• Helpful!
It sounds like it's a smart thing to do, if a model can manage it well. Thanks for explaining. It's so cool to hear all the options that technology allows for. It makes me realize how little I understand the technical side, of how streaming actually works.

Reactions: AudriTwo
It sounds like it's a smart thing to do, if a model can manage it well.

Agreed, and as a customer I’ve seen models manage it so well that you barely notice she’s splitcamming, and I’ve also seen models ignore one room to the point where it may as well be a video.

I’m guessing it takes time to get the hang of it, especially if both rooms are fairly active. But, I defer to those with experience.

Agreed, and as a customer I’ve seen models manage it so well that you barely notice she’s splitcamming, and I’ve also seen models ignore one room to the point where it may as well be a video.

I’m guessing it takes time to get the hang of it, especially if both rooms are fairly active. But, I defer to those with experience.

If the model does a split cam well, it's good and I might hang around. But, most of the ones I've spent a bit of time in their room, I've found it to be done so poorly that doesn't appeal to me.

That being said, the only real issue I have with split camming is when they don't shut down the other streams when I'm in a TruePrivate/Exclusive where I'm paying extra for it. I don't mind if she doesn't it in public, group, or spyable privates since it's viewable by more than one person already.

I would see a sm model who split streams on three different computers and uses three different wireless keyboards. Reminded me of a taxi dispatcher. Absolute talent!

• Funny!
Reactions: Smoothie
I couldn't do three keyboards or computers that doesn't make sense. It's much easier using a site that restreams. Same stream, cam set up, microphone, keyboard etc. I just use a 65" tv as my monitor so I can see the different chats. My downstairs set up uses a dual monitor setup.

I couldn't do three keyboards or computers that doesn't make sense. It's much easier using a site that restreams. Same stream, cam set up, microphone, keyboard etc. I just use a 65" tv as my monitor so I can see the different chats. My downstairs set up uses a dual monitor setup.
On streamate you cannot rebroadcast your stream elsewhere. So this was her work around. It was complete chaos and I loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.