AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do models feel the need to keep basics and guests muted?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why do models feel the need to keep basics and guests mu

The_Brown_Fox said:
MercyRain said:
I agree with this. I think that basics have it pretty good. If OP does not like to be thought of as a basic, maybe changing his FONT would be a better way to go. Why would you try to start trouble by doing something that you should know MOST models do not like? Models are at free-will to mute whoever they please. Says so in the wiki. Go to another room where the chat is over-run with so much chat from basics that it will bother you, and maybe you will change your perspective, when as a premium, you can't type fast enough to keep up. It's hard enough for the most popular models to keep up. Imagine if there was 500+ more people chatting and you had to make sure to give everyone attention. Anyway, I honestly think that OP is not going to change his POV and maybe the thread should sink into the dark abyss of ACF. It's no use arguing with someone who isn't really giving good debate.

Yeah. He claims to be a premium who poses as a basic, but then he gets pissed when models suspect he's a "basic that got loose." Um...CHANGE YOUR FONT THEN?!

In fact, now that I think about it, one of my trolls (a premium) loved using that stupid basic font.
ROFL. :icon-lol: It is funny when you think about it. Why would a premium give a damn if basics could talk? I mean WTF dude, you bringing your homies for a basic gangbang? I doubt that you are even a premium. Your posts do not make you sound like one. If I am right, I see another rebuttal coming up.

This thread really has turned into something I never intended it to be.

I will finish with this:

For those of you who arnt doing too well on MFC, maybe you may want to try a different approach. You'd be surprised how being polite can get you far in whatever you do regardless of what modern day self-centered society may tell you. As an MFC premium using basic font I was surprised at how some models automatically blindly assumed I was a basic based on the font I used without even checking my profile, tokens, or reward points first, but more importantly, how they treated me based on that blind assumptions.

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:

I will finish with this:

For those of you who arnt doing too well on MFC, maybe you may want to try a different approach. You'd be surprised how being polite can get you far in whatever you do regardless of what modern day self-centered society may tell you. As an MFC premium using basic font I was surprised at how some models automatically blindly assumed I was a basic based on the font I used without even checking my profile, tokens, or reward points first, but more importantly, how they treated me based on that blind assumptions.

The way you talk to us makes me feel like you're one of those guys who doesn't even like the models.
You can't know what it's like from our end until you've tried it, but you speak as if we just don't understand your advise. Most of the ladies on here are adventurous, we try things, like letting basics talk. When we have negative results, then we begin to mute them. It's not like this is something we didn't know, or haven't considered.
Honestly you come across as if you don't even like web cam models, and you're here to accuse of of not being exactly what you want.
We're people, we don't like to put up with disrespect and hate all day. It tires us out, it makes us cry, it hurts in ways that you can't even imagine, and we don't want to put up with it. If someone really cares enough about a model, he should be willing to put a little bit aside and go premium.
It may be a bit harsh. But our happiness isn't for sale, we sure as hell aren't going to screw it up for free.

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:

I will finish with this:

tumblr_lo0gz1gJ661qbo8cl.gif

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:
It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to realize that the guests are the basics of tomorrow and the basics are the premiums of tomorrow. It really rubs me the wrong way when models mute basics and guests without any other reason other than the fact that they are talking and hanging out.

You're right. It's your room. It's your store. It's at your discretion. I just dont know too many businesses that essentially kick out customers for the sole reason of the not having any money. It's not like they tried to buy with no money, steal, or be unruly, they were just hanging out. It also bugs me that models let their "regulars" practically do w/e they want and dont hold them to the same standard as a non-regular, guests, or basic.

If im a regular in your room I act no different than when I was not a regular. I think regulars who act like douche bags because you let them actually hurt your room as a whole especially if they are the type of "regular" who tips you big one week then never tips you again.

So why am I here? Because im a premium disguised as a basic. You'd be surprised how many girls try to mute me thinking that im a basic the moment I even type anything. I actually had one girl say "OMG you stupid basic STFU!!" before she muted the basics. This happened after I said "Wow, thats a nice painting there, did you paint it?" lol. Most girls are too stupid to even realize that im a premium which is why muting basics and guests doesnt work and that im just using the basic font.

TL;DR

Unless you have a storm of "open tits bb" or "how mch tks to fck ur cat" type basics and guests, you might wanna calm down on the muting and choose to ban instead. Encouraging basics and guests by allowing them to participate in your room helps everyone as a whole. They may not have tokens now, but tokens are just a few clicks away.

tumblr_lytqvlQjMP1qmcy47.gif

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:

I will finish with this:

Bullshit. You knew what you were doing when you started this thread. So don't try to act like it's "turned into something you never intended it to be."

I'm sick of guys like you coming to this forum just to start silly threads bitching about the way MFC models run their rooms. MFC has got some of y'all SPOILED, and you still come up with silly shit to complain about, even when MFC offers you more than the other cam sites. Man, please...

You wanna complain about something? Complain about how much bandwidth the freeloading guests and basics use up on the site. It's really pathetic seeing the same basics in the model's room on a daily basis for over a freaking year.....SMH. If that was me, I would actually be embarrassed and feel guilty about being in a model's room on a daily basis without ever tipping her.

Spend some time checking out other cam sites, such as Webcams.com, ImLive.com, etc., and you will see none of this "Guests hanging out in free chat all day/night" bullshit. You will be booted from the model's free video chat within minutes and prompted to sign up as a PAYING member. :thumbleft:

Cam sites are a LUXURY (NOT a necessity), and you act like guys who are too cheap to pay $19.99 are entitled to the same things as premiums. :woops:

ShelterLight said:
The way you talk to us makes me feel like you're one of those guys who doesn't even like the models.
You can't know what it's like from our end until you've tried it, but you speak as if we just don't understand your advise. Most of the ladies on here are adventurous, we try things, like letting basics talk. When we have negative results, then we begin to mute them. It's not like this is something we didn't know, or haven't considered.
Honestly you come across as if you don't even like web cam models, and you're here to accuse of of not being exactly what you want.
We're people, we don't like to put up with disrespect and hate all day. It tires us out, it makes us cry, it hurts in ways that you can't even imagine, and we don't want to put up with it. If someone really cares enough about a model, he should be willing to put a little bit aside and go premium.
It may be a bit harsh. But our happiness isn't for sale, we sure as hell aren't going to screw it up for free.

Well said! :thumbleft:

And I wanna bust out laughing everytime a guy on MFC says "Wow, cam modeling is so easy. I should get my girl to sign up as a model." :lol:

I've been reading this entire thread and scratching my head in regard to what the heck the OP was thinking. I know it's wrong to make assumptions but I find idle speculation to be momentarily entertaining.

I'm GUESSING the op had recently paid his first $20 and was all excited about being a Premium. He, like a lot of new premiums hadn't done a thorough review of all the options he had. He wanted to "get right to it." Fine. So, he stumbles into a room, makes a comment in his Basic suit, was hit with an angry retort and got his feelings hurt, and rather than spend some alone time, figuring out what really happened (he didn't know how to change his font), he decides to come over here and vomit his immediate impressions--getting his feeling hurt again. lol The word butthurt comes to mind about now. But instead of licking his wounds and rebooting his mind, he begins MAKING STUFF UP and posting continuing, weak, defensive statements..

All speculation, you understand. :)

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:
You'd be surprised how being polite can get you far in whatever you do regardless of what modern day self-centered society may tell you. As an MFC premium using basic font I was surprised at how some models automatically blindly assumed I was a basic based on the font I used without even checking my profile, tokens, or reward points first, but more importantly, how they treated me based on that blind assumptions.

Dude, please.

You are deliberately making yourself look like a member of a group of people who are KNOWN to be predominately assholes. Don't try to act like you're making some grand societal statement when you're treated like those people DESERVE to be treated. If you don't like being treated like an asshole, don't look like all the other assholes.

That said, I suspect you're actually a basic or a guest, or you're just trolling. If not, go cry some more. :crybaby:

schlmoe said:
Jupiter551 said:
I can tell you're one of the newbies here who likes to start a thread with their first post and pontificate on how models should operate. I can also tell you're one of the people who makes sweeping assumptions about those he doesn't even know.

I don't think I'm above everyone else, I do know I've spend thousands of tokens on the site and don't feel like being indundated with garbage while trying to relax. I was a basic for like a day, if that. I wanted to talk, got out my credit card. Didn't think it was a big deal and still don't think it's a big deal for those cheap motherfuckers to spend $20 once.

Fuck basics, sign up or shut up.

Dude, not your finest hour. No need to drag the pope into this discussion. He fully supports the muting of basics and guests.

Word Origin & History

pontificate
1818, "to act as a pontiff," from pp. stem of M.L. pontificare, from L. pontifex (see pontiff). Meaning "to assume pompous and dignified airs, issue dogmatic decrees" is from 1825.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

:mrgreen: Of course, I had to look it up for myself...what a fabulous word! I am gonna use it in a sentence at least 3 times today... :lol:
"In journalism it is simpler to sound off than it is to find out. It is more elegant to pontificate than it is to sweat."
~Harold Evans

"Of course, some would say if you have a performing inclination, then you should become a lawyer. That's a platform we use, or a priest. You know, anywhere you lecture and pontificate to people."
~Rowan Atkinson

"I could do that, I could get on the air and pontificate about something."
~ Peter Sagal

PONTIFICATE.gif

Thanks for all your lovely advice mr tricky, I have learned so much from this thread! I am definately won over...I now realize how unfair it is to just let all those basics and guests run amuck in my room. LET THE MUTINGS BEGIN! baahaha!

:hello2:

I'm still laughing my ass off about his first post being the one that started his thread and his only other subsequent posts being in this thread. Bahahahaha!!! :laughing-rolling:

LiLredhairedgrl said:
:shifty: He may have just switched his font on us....that tricky bastard.

:geek:
Good thing we caught it fast! Now we can laugh at him some more. :lol: Grab your torches and pitchforks!

Reactions: Poker_Babe

If it looks like a basic and acts like a basic, then it shouldn't be surprised if it is treated like a basic.

Take off your "basic mask", show the ladies the respect they deserve, and maybe you'll earn some yourself.

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:
As an MFC premium using basic font I was surprised at how some models automatically blindly assumed I was a basic based on the font I used without even checking my profile, tokens, or reward points first, but more importantly, how they treated me based on that blind assumptions.

Has it dawned on you when a room is busy models don't have time to go clicking on every person who pop's by and reading through their profiles and stuff? You can't complain when all you do is make it harder for us, if you look like a basic we may assume that is what you are.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan

Here is my :twocents-02cents:

I first started camming on MFC in august after trying and HATING Livejasmin. When I first started I let everyone talk because I thought I had to. I also thought I had to be nice to everybody because of the whole "Everybody is a potential tipper" bullshit. Long story short I ended up disliking even going on MFC and when I did go on I was constantly dealing with the shit of basics and guests. I lost out on money because A. Obviously I wasn't having fun and B. When you're too busy dealing with the idiots, you are ignoring the prems.

But if that doesn't justify my actions enough for you, Before I started muting the guests and basics I had somebody (I've narrowed it down to being my ex hubby, no proof tho) come in my room and give out my first and last name and location to EVERYBODY. I was doing a car show and had around 300 people in my room. At the time my fiance worked pretty much all day and I have a 4 year old little girl to worry about. (Yep she is the ex husbands child and that shows you how little he gives a fuck). So let me ask you this, OP, Is it worth mine and my child's safety or lives to let a basic talk?

Now that I'm on chaturbate, I let everyone talk (You have to sign up so there are no guests). It was NEVER about tokens to me on MFC and I prove that on chaturbate. Some of my favorite regulars are grey (Basically a "basic") but on chaturbate I also have about 5 - 10 guys (Or girls, Hiii mercy!) at any time who will shut the beggars up so I continue my show without stopping to ban.

firstly, yes I thanked the OP and the first response (and many others.)

i don't actually mute basics or guests unless I'm doing a show. I ban them individually so the nice ones can speak. in fact my room and I enjoy poking fun at them sometimes.... but you can bet that once I start a sexy show they get Muted. as soon as the room count raises to 100 or so, they become very vocal and demanding and as my hands are busy, banning is more difficult. IMO this is an okay compromise that lets people interact without paying sometimes.

now if my room was more busy off the get go, I would just mute immediately, and I TOTALLY understand why most girls do. I have met some really sweet people (who are now prems) because I was able to talk to them as basics though!!

lastly..... I have noticed that a lot of guests/basics legitimately do not realize their manners are so poor. many times I've said "no requests from basics, tips only!" or "keep your boner to yourself unless we are in private please!" and they will say "sry sry" and stfu. and then that brings us again
to the point where if they had not been able to speak they might have observed the chat first and
learned the same lesson that way.

tl;dr..... *mixxi pontificates randomly on the subject, not sure if she had a point.* I needs me
some coffees and stat. >_> murrrrrrrrr.....

missmeowmixx said:
firstly, yes I thanked the OP and the first response (and many others.)

i don't actually mute basics or guests unless I'm doing a show. I ban them individually so the nice ones can speak. in fact my room and I enjoy poking fun at them sometimes.... but you can bet that once I start a sexy show they get Muted. as soon as the room count raises to 100 or so, they become very vocal and demanding and as my hands are busy, banning is more difficult. IMO this is an okay compromise that lets people interact without paying sometimes.

now if my room was more busy off the get go, I would just mute immediately, and I TOTALLY understand why most girls do. I have met some really sweet people (who are now prems) because I was able to talk to them as basics though!!

lastly..... I have noticed that a lot of guests/basics legitimately do not realize their manners are so poor. many times I've said "no requests from basics, tips only!" or "keep your boner to yourself unless we are in private please!" and they will say "sry sry" and stfu. and then that brings us again
to the point where if they had not been able to speak they might have observed the chat first and
learned the same lesson that way.

tl;dr..... *mixxi pontificates randomly on the subject, not sure if she had a point.* I needs me
some coffees and stat. >_> murrrrrrrrr.....

Your ability to show patience and restraint when dealing with the basics and guests has always amazed me. Your understanding nature is also one of the reasons you can tolerate me so well. You are one of the rare nice people on this planet, and I am very happy to have gotten the chance to know you MissMeowMixx.

run-your-business-the-way-that-i-like-never-contributes-to-business-41058e.jpg

Yes, I know it probably an incorrect use of the meme, but I was too lazy to shop a Scumbag Steve hat onto a stock image of a guy sitting in front of a computer. "Scumbag camsite viewer" needs to come into being

While I am sure there are many basics and guests who are pleasant, respectful people they seem to be very few and far between.
Nobody should have to take the abuse and general nastiness that I have seen from some people aimed towards models (yes from premiums too) and I fully support those girls who choose to ban.
It is a shame that people feel the need to be so unpleasant, but I suppose that is the base nature of many of us especially in what is essentially an anonymous medium.

mynameisbob84 said:
You are not a basic, but you are wearing a basic's uniform.

lol I also thought of this skit when someone said he was wearing a basic suit lol

:happy1: What's with the influx of forum newbs popping in to tell us all how to be better at camming then skulking back to the shadows from which they came? *looks half-heartedly for mute button*
Premium or Basic titles mean nothing when you're a misogyny filled dufus. Eventually, you'll be found out (by the oh so stupid girl on the screen) and banned for the sake of the room vibes. Jussayin...

LiLredhairedgrl said:
Word Origin & History

pontificate
1818, "to act as a pontiff," from pp. stem of M.L. pontificare, from L. pontifex (see pontiff). Meaning "to assume pompous and dignified airs, issue dogmatic decrees" is from 1825.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

:mrgreen: Of course, I had to look it up for myself...what a fabulous word! I am gonna use it in a sentence at least 3 times today... :lol:
"In journalism it is simpler to sound off than it is to find out. It is more elegant to pontificate than it is to sweat."
~Harold Evans

"Of course, some would say if you have a performing inclination, then you should become a lawyer. That's a platform we use, or a priest. You know, anywhere you lecture and pontificate to people."
~Rowan Atkinson

"I could do that, I could get on the air and pontificate about something."
~ Peter Sagal

How many tokens to pontificate in pvt, bb?

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl

JickyJuly said:
:happy1: What's with the influx of forum newbs popping in to tell us all how to be better at camming then skulking back to the shadows from which they came?

Yeah, that's what I wanna know! I know that some models tell their public chat guys to come check out this forum, which is fine and all...but man, some of these miserable people need to stay off of cam girl forums if all they're gonna do is spy/lurk for certain "supposed-to-be-private" cam girl info that's none of their business (that's creepy, and you've got too much time on your hands if you do this), or create whiny threads telling cam girls how to do their job (that's a joke).

Reactions: Nordling

The_Brown_Fox said:
some of these miserable people need to stay off of cam girl forums if all they're gonna do is spy/lurk for certain "supposed-to-be-private" cam girl info that's none of their business (that's creepy, and you've got too much time on your hands if you do this),
How do you mean? I don't think there's private stuff on here, or there shouldn't be because even guests can read it.

Jupiter551 said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
some of these miserable people need to stay off of cam girl forums if all they're gonna do is spy/lurk for certain "supposed-to-be-private" cam girl info that's none of their business (that's creepy, and you've got too much time on your hands if you do this),
How do you mean? I don't think there's private stuff on here, or there shouldn't be because even guests can read it.
She may be referring to the asshole member that broke into our secret diary and tried to flaunt the fact in our faces via PM and such. He's been banned and is now an "enemy of ACF".

Reactions: 1 person

Jupiter551 said:

I post on another site besides this one. And yes, there are things posted on forums that, if certain people got access to that information, they'd try to throw it in that person's face, or they'd mention it in the model's public chat ("Ahh, so THAT's one of your cam girl secrets, huh?") just to be a dick.

On another site where I post, you see that there are tons of lurkers daily, and there have been guys trying to hit up models for free Skype shows. :lol:

I wasn't going to go into detail about the recent activities on here, because I wasn't sure if Amber would be comfortable with me bringing it up in this section. But I just saw the above post where she explained it to you. So yes to what she said. Stuff like that is just creepy, and that person actually came by my public chat recently for a minute or two. I thought to myself "OMG, THAT's him!"

H_o_r_i_z_o_N said:
You'd be surprised how being polite can get you far in whatever you do regardless of what modern day self-centered society may tell you.

not to carry this any longer, but it seems that if basics, guests and premiums [with bold font and those masquerading as something else] would simply follow this very primary standard of conduct for interaction with others, [manners, politeness] everyone would be considerably happier.

For the 'special' challenged asshats that might not understand,... quit being an asshole and a douche and you wouldn't be muted.

[quote="AmberCutie"
She may be referring to the asshole member that broke into our secret diary and tried to flaunt the fact in our faces via PM and such. He's been banned and is now an "enemy of ACF".[/quote]

Right that's what I had thought it might be, I noticed a certain someone was banned and asked around. Presumably the model who betrayed the sisterhood is also excommunicated?

Oh dear, it looks like I'm late to the game... well, I'll just make sure to respond to posts in a text document as I read this thread. This oughta be interesting.

Why do models feel the need to keep basics and guests muted?

Why do guests and basics feel the need to be dickheads in the rooms that let them talk?

When the mute basic button was first introduced, I never used it. Little by little, word came around that "hey guys, Luna lets basics talk!" and guess what happened? Four days in a row I was trolled into logging off.

It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to realize that the guests are the basics of tomorrow and the basics are the premiums of tomorrow.

Guests are capable of signing up without paying any money. I have no regrets about muting them. I give them "three strikes". Of course, if a member tips for it, they'll get muted right away. Also, you can ban a guest, but all they have to do is refresh the page and whoops! They're back!

Basics, on the other hand, would have to spend something. I think they deserve to get a good feel for the interaction of the site before having to spend. On occasion, yeah, too many of them are being dicks for me to deal with, so I'll mute them to give me time to ban the dicks before they can take over the room.

Also, I mute them during any public nudity or heavy teasing. I say beforehand "this is to keep you guys from getting foot-in-mouth disease." And ask the premiums to remind me to unmute after the show.

I just dont know too many businesses that essentially kick out customers for the sole reason of the not having any money. It's not like they tried to buy with no money, steal, or be unruly, they were just hanging out.

Right, cause calling me a whore is "just hanging out". Saying I'm ugly, or fat, or "go get contacts bitch" without even bothering to read my profile where I explain all that. And coming in posting

ASS
ASS
ASS
ASS

is "just hanging out".

I think regulars who act like douche bags because you let them actually hurt your room as a whole especially if they are the type of "regular" who tips you big one week then never tips you again.

I actually agree with you there.

So why am I here? Because im a premium disguised as a basic... im just using the basic font.

I have user fonts turned off in my room. Premiums all show up as bold blue names with big black writing. You don't get away with the disguise there.

Unless you have a storm of "open tits bb" or "how mch tks to fck ur cat" type basics and guests, you might wanna calm down on the muting and choose to ban instead. Encouraging basics and guests by allowing them to participate in your room helps everyone as a whole. They may not have tokens now, but tokens are just a few clicks away.

Fair enough in most rooms. But in a popular model's room... she might not have time to deal with it. We have enough to deal with already. PM's from friends, countdown, selling content, arranging privates, keeping a conversation going... if I have more than 100 people in my room, I'll definitely have guests muted. More than 150, I'd probably just mute basics rather than have them ruin the mood.

Also, some models feel bad about banning. I sure as hell did when I first started. They'd rather let people watch without letting them ruin the night, so they just mute guests and basics.

Now, one thing I wish was possible, was a way to give basics on your friend's list "voice" like in irc.. so that when all other basics are muted, those you know are cool can still talk.

ONE LAST POINT (before I move on to the rest of the thread):

I've had members come in, see that basics could talk in my room, and leave right away. Just because basics were capable of talking. In all the time I've been on MFC (about a year and a half of actual time, though it was over 2 years ago), I converted... five basics? Of those five, only ONE gave me his first tokens. The others said "I went premium for you as soon as I got my paycheck, but you weren't on, so I spent them elsewhere." And of those four, only one ever tipped anything.

People are going to be douche bags whether they've paid their $20 or not. There are lots premiums who buy features and the "right to talk" and they act no differently than when they were a basic.

Well, yes, but a lot less people are going to pay $20 to be douches than will be douches when it's free, no?

I actually quit going to a girls room because every time I see her on, she has this one regular who constantly tries to "police" her room.

If you liked her that much, I hope you at least tried to clue her in that he was ruining the mood for everyone else.

Yes, some models are that clueless. A lot of models have no idea what they're doing. Shit, I've been doing this for 2 years and sometimes STILL feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm no MFC expert but it does seem like the most successful girls here are the ones that interact with the chat room the most, whether they're speaking to basics or premium regulars is a moot point.

I would be very surprised if there was a top twenty model who let the basics and guests talk. But I'm not saying it's impossible.

You're right, if the room is dead, letting basics talk is good. If it's still dead, maybe even letting guests speak.

I really think a bad premium kills your room more than bad basics.

False

1 bad premium- ban 60 days and renew the ban
3000 bad basics- can't ban that many people quickly enough to get the room back under control

(Jupiter's reply about the $20 douchebags: THANK YOU, so very well worded!)

Wait. So, you're saying guests and basics that you can turn off make you leave rooms whereas "room heroes" dont?

Then you say...

You forgot D) None of the above.

My advice to you is to turn off basics and guests on your end if they bother you that much. Turning guests/basics off for you only is not the same as the model muting all of them, obviously, but for you its the same result.

WAIT- I need to check something on my premium account real quick

YUP! That's what I thought. That advice goes right back at you! All you gotta do is right-click the username in the chatroom, and a little menu will pop up. At the bottom of the menu is the... wait for it... IGNORE. You can ignore a single member!

Now, the choice is between ignoring a single member, and ignoring the whole bunch of basics. If you're in the room of a model who does keep basics unmuted and under control, you might miss out on half the convo if you have basics on ignore for yourself! Then you have to fiddle with your settings just to keep up with the convo. Screw that!

You only sign up if you want to spend money. Plain and simple.

Or if you want to talk. Which is a bigger incentive? "I can talk!" or "I can tip!"?

Someone who thinks like you doesnt see the value in giving away free porn for example.

FALSE

His point was, they can already get the porn for free. It's called "My free cams", because they can see EVERYTHING without spending ANYTHING. So, there should be SOMETHING they *have* to spend to get. And for people who don't care for the lounge, talking is one of the few things that might be a strong enough incentive.

I believe ( correct me if I'm wrong, Models only) The models only have a set amount of space on their BAN lists.

When I was last on the software install, there was no limit (long time ago, because it got fuckity when they went browser-based).

When I was last on the browser-based model software (on haitus right now, since... December I think), the limit was 500. If I attempted to keep basics banned, I could easily top that.

NoelleBright said:
They are so incredibly annoying that other basics/guests will beg for them to be muted, thus surrendering their own ability to chat just so they don't have to read all the other bullshit. That says a lot, I think.

You know, I remember having that happen in my room a few times. Those were some bad nights.

jamesrobert said:
Why do members feel the need to keep trying to convince models to do things that would either frustrate them or make them lose money?

It's the same reason people feel the need to bitch at a gas station clerk for not being at the register the second they walked in the store. But then again, most people don't realise that the gas station clerks also double as stock-room, janitorial, and basic maintenance.

Correlation: most people don't think about how much camgirls have to do while on camera.

The whole point of this thread is that I think there is a better way to do things that to just mute everyone.

Alright, name it. How would YOU deal with it when you have 200 people to entertain, 20 are premiums who are actually conversing, 50 are premiums who sit silently, 5 are premiums who actually tip, 5 are basics/guests who are actually decent humans, and the other 120 are trolls/beggars/dickheads ?

Please, tell me what this better way is!

We can't let premiums ban for us. Stopping our show every five seconds to ban another fucker annoys everyone, and isn't sexy at all.

[quote="shelterlight]We're people, we don't like to put up with disrespect and hate all day. It tires us out, it makes us cry, it hurts in ways that you can't even imagine, and we don't want to put up with it.[/quote]

I felt that needed to be said again.

As usual, I find that a lot of what I wanted to say has already been said. Also find less and less to really respond to as time goes on. So, I want to leave this with a question for the OP:

What is a better way to handle a million asshat basics and guests then muting them all with one click?

You said you wanted to see a better way. We've not found it. Have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.