AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do models feel the need to keep basics and guests muted?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why do models feel the need to keep basics and guests mu

Well said, LadyLuna! :clap:

If the OP even bothers returning to this thread, I think he'll just continue to whine and argue with everyone. After all, MFC models are supposed to do things HIS way, or they are just WRONG. :woops:

LadyLuna said:
I would be very surprised if there was a top twenty model who let the basics and guests talk. But I'm not saying it's impossible.

You're right, if the room is dead, letting basics talk is good. If it's still dead, maybe even letting guests speak.

adorkableRAWR is the highest that I'm aware of. She is currently #42 and I am pretty sure she still allows basics to talk.

BoltEyeAm said:
LadyLuna said:
I would be very surprised if there was a top twenty model who let the basics and guests talk. But I'm not saying it's impossible.

You're right, if the room is dead, letting basics talk is good. If it's still dead, maybe even letting guests speak.

adorkableRAWR is the highest that I'm aware of. She is currently #42 and I am pretty sure she still allows basics to talk.

isn't she also non-nude? Try setting them free in a high ranked room with public shows to see true anarchy.

So I signed up to post some thoughts on this. I know a lot has been said but I think I can add something. First, I was a basic for about a year and a half and have been a premium for about a month. Reasons why I didn't sign up? I know I'm not a "balla," so really the only reason to sign up was to talk to a model and a pet peeve of mine that there is no model referral when a basic goes premium. If you want to understand why basics get treated the way they do start at the top. If the model got a little something for converting basics, it would actually give them another revenue stream and I'm sure some would take advantage of it. So I finally did sign up when a model let me talk and we got along well enough that I wanted to get on her friends list. She's not on much and I find myself in the Lounge now mostly, but hooray for me I'm a premium!

Ok that's the backstory but I wanted to make 2 points:
1) I was in a new model's room that had less than 10 people in it. 1 premium and the rest basic and guests who for the most part were behaved. The premium comes in and instructs the model to mute guests and basics which she does. He asks about skype, doesn't get the answer he wanted and left. She sat in silence the rest of the night. I don't think she made it. I think if you're new, basics and guests are a necessary evil. Even if you're not if you have less than 30 people in your room you may want to put up with them. There's not much worse than a dead room.

2) My business is also on the internet. There is a rule about people who participate in online communities called the "90-9-1 Principle" It's been applied to everything from people who use forums to people who write reviews on Netflix. It basically says that 90% of users are the audience, 9% are editors who contribute something and 1% are the creators who create or take some sort of action. If you were to apply that to a MFC room 90% of members lurk, 10% chat and 1% tip. Maybe not exact but doesn't sound too far off does it?

I'll be first to admit that I lost count how many times I've been in a room where a basic was being an ass and I said to my self "300 rooms and this ass is going to get us muted in the 1 that let's us talk." But if you really think about it these basics that cause trouble represent a very small percentage of basics in your room. Not to mention when you see these rooms on the most popular list what percentage of those rooms do you think are basics and guests? I mean 90% of the room won't talk whether they are muted or not, whether they are basic or premium.

Unfortunately, one bad apple do spoil the whole bunch. I think it's cool when models give basics a chance until they prove they don't deserve it, then mute them. I think I counted 4 users on this thread who went premium because a model engaged them as basics. I mean if you have a big enough following where you don't have to do that then don't, but not every model is on the front page and maybe those who are not might want to hold off on the die basic die attitude. But hey, I'm not a basic anymore so not my problem. :)

Well in a perfect world, basics wouldn't be douchebags and need muting. Sooner or later though there's a loudmouth/begging basic in every room they're not muted in, usually multiple, and yeah they do wreck it for the reasonable, normal ones but that's not the model's fault and shouldn't be her burden.

Also, while basics sometimes upgrade because they interacted with a model and wanted more - I wonder how many wouldn't stay on the site to upgrade if the rooms just ran rampant with spam and begging and insults all the time, because they don't want to pay $20 and be a part of that atmosphere.

lol ive seen this sorcery before
twasnt fooled. i get bored and click on everyones name most of the time weeeee add! so yah i dont think your the only special person to have come up with this soooo exciting trick. or maybe it was just you in my room. i dont remember names well.
either way. when im on mfc i dont mute basics and guests but im only on maybe once every two months when i feel like inflicting the pain of failure on myself and when i am on i mostly read them back their retard sentences so they can hear how stupid that sounds out loud. also i have a bodyguard or two and i know it probably makes me a fail model but i cant help it it makes me so gleeful to watch a guestie get torn apart. i have low tolerance for stupidity and if i worked mfc on a regular basis i would mute because id rather not throw my computer out the window in blind rage because the 10000th loser of the day wanted to let me know about his other account where hes riches. if you really want an account nothing i say is going to sway you either way and if it takes developing a relationship with you before youll throw down that 20 bucks (10 on my end) then im really not interested anyays.

Reactions: Nordling

I understand what you mean about new models not having any regulars just yet. But I disagree that the basics are "necessary" for new models. Basics aren't going to treat new models any better than the veteran models. In fact, I've seen them do the opposite. They see fresh meat, and then they start up with the following.....

"Are you new on here?"
"You should just get naked, and then the tips will come."
"U Skype bb? Got PayPal?"
ETC.....

Those of us who have been camming for a while know about this stuff, and we know about the scams and all the lines.

Many models choose to mute guests and basics for good reasons. Arguing with a model about her decision to do so (especially if you've never been a cam model yourself) is ridiculous and a little insulting.

Jupiter551 said:
Well in a perfect world, basics wouldn't be douchebags and need muting. Sooner or later though there's a loudmouth/begging basic in every room they're not muted in, usually multiple, and yeah they do wreck it for the reasonable, normal ones but that's not the model's fault and shouldn't be her burden.

Also, while basics sometimes upgrade because they interacted with a model and wanted more - I wonder how many wouldn't stay on the site to upgrade if the rooms just ran rampant with spam and begging and insults all the time, because they don't want to pay $20 and be a part of that atmosphere.

I love you so much right now. THANK YOU!

Reactions: Jupiter551

The_Brown_Fox said:
I understand what you mean about new models not having any regulars just yet. But I disagree that the basics are "necessary" for new models. Basics aren't going to treat new models any better than the veteran models. In fact, I've seen them do the opposite. They see fresh meat, and then they start up with the following.....

"Are you new on here?"
"You should just get naked, and then the tips will come."
"U Skype bb? Got PayPal?"
ETC.....

Those of us who have been camming for a while know about this stuff, and we know about the scams and all the lines.

Many models choose to mute guests and basics for good reasons. Arguing with a model about her decision to do so (especially if you've never been a cam model yourself) is ridiculous and a little insulting.
Exactly! And a member's insight into the "model experience" is limited to what their experience has been as a watcher and other than room chatter we members don't even experience what other members experience.

My recollection as a "guest" was going into the top couple rows of models not knowing that that was not the only indicator of what *I* may enjoy. And I certainly didn't give a crap if the models muted other guests; I knew what I was--a non-paying bozo like a million others. :) I didn't bother with the "Basic" step. lol

I cannot even begin to imagine the thought process that the OP went through to craft his devious little Font sceme, less so what has actually been achieved by it

"I'll change my font so iz look like a basic, Teehee"

For my :twocents-02cents: I have met 1 decent basic in 2 years of being on MFC, most are the "Tits BB" socially inept illiterate morons that will be the downfall of many a great nation :lol:

As much as it all seems very nice to give basics a chance, all I need to hear is one nasty/sleazy thing and it really upsets me.

I'm actually pretty strong about stuff like that, but when you're on camera you can feel like you're in a vulnerable position if someone says something nasty to you. Plus insulting a cam girl, you're saying she's bad at her job, you're insulting her looks, her personality, quite a lot of very personal things! I guess when you're on cam it can be kind of like blowing up a balloon, you get all excited, in a good mood, and then some basic says something nasty to you or talks to you like a whore, it's like shoving a pin in there!

I don't know about everyone else but when either a member or a basic treats me like that I feel really dirty, and you can't(shouldn't) get upset on cam, you just have to man up and keep going! Which can be really hard, especially when everyone in the room has seen someone say that to you. The damage is still there.

Yes premiums can be tossers, but I very rarely get rude premiums, while as soon as I unmute basics/guests, (and I swear basics are worse) I get streams of nasty demands, stuff I just don't want to hear. And hey! whether or not they may one day become premiums, they can chat to me/tip me when that day comes!

I'm probably just a bit of an emotional wreck sometimes, but every premium who's tipped me decent amounts/taken me in longer privates have been lovely, I mean really lovely! I guess if you're going to invest time/money into something/someone you're hardly going to be rude! A single rude premium in my room will get laughed at/ticked off by the rest of the premiums and banned by me, easy! A mob of basics is actually quite freaky!

What ever happened to chivalry?!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

https://twitter.com/#!/

sweetiebatman said:
I cannot even begin to imagine the thought process that the OP went through to craft his devious little Font sceme, less so what has actually been achieved by it

"I'll change my font so iz look like a basic, Teehee":

Ahahahahaha!! sorry that actually made me laugh so much! not laughing at anyone, just loved the way you wrote that! it was pretty cunning mind you! I've had someone doing that in my room and was nearly fooled!! not entirely sure what purpose it's meant to have.... maybe it's just meant to catch us models off guard for that moment of 'oh my god!! the basics are loose!!!' This is the kind of stuff I'm sure you could make great horror movies with.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

https://twitter.com/#!/

Jupiter551 said:
BoltEyeAm said:
LadyLuna said:

isn't she also non-nude? Try setting them free in a high ranked room with public shows to see true anarchy.

She is mostly non-nude but she does masturbation group shows. (The non-nude girls or nearly non-nude have the largest groups shows.)

She is also the one that converted me to premium (mostly). Being allowed to talk there certainly made me want to participate all the time but In general I think I just wanted to tip and watch group shows.

Alright, read through the whole damn thing. I didn't see this brought up.

My question is: Why are there even basics anyway?

Pretty much all they are is guests with a username. Personally, I went straight from guest to prem, the basic status, to me, was a useless wasteland.

RogueWarrior said:
Alright, read through the whole damn thing. I didn't see this brought up.

My question is: Why are there even basics anyway?

Pretty much all they are is guests with a username. Personally, I went straight from guest to prem, the basic status, to me, was a useless wasteland.

Basics are a stepping stone to primium and good for several reasons. Being a basic is kind of like downloading trial version software, You can use the site to an extent to see if you like it before before paying for it.
Anyways
- Basics can friend models and create profiles, while guest cannot.
- Giving someone a username and allowing them to be recognized personally gives someone a greater degree of interaction.
- Once your are a basic going premium is a lot simpler you don't need to come up with a username, verify and email, or sign in. All you have to do is pull out your credit card and then you can join that group show that just started, or tip that person you have been talking to before they log off. So in in that way It promotes impulse purchases that would happen alot less if there was no basic option.

Because "open boobs bb" makes my vagina dry up like a descending mirage in the blazing desert.

Since this thread is still going I might as well throw in my :twocents-02cents:

There is no reason why someone would need to be Basic for more than a few months at most. How long does it really take to decide that you like what you see or don't? $20 is either worth it or it isn't. It's not as if MFC is asking hundreds of dollars from people to become a premium.

I seriously wonder sometimes how hard the decision really is. If someone has a difficult time making the decision to spend $20 to become a premium I can only imagine how difficult it must be to make other types of decisions, such as what undies to put on in the morning.

......and yes I do leave guests and basics unmuted SOMETIMES but it never lasts long as the other ladies in this thread can attest to. Models are human beings and have the right not to be harrassed if we so choose just as guests and basics have the right not to spend $20.

ScarlettLeigh said:
I seriously wonder sometimes how hard the decision really is. If someone has a difficult time making the decision to spend $20 to become a premium I can only imagine how difficult it must be to make other types of decisions, such as what undies to put on in the morning.
My god that's so true. If it really takes months of freeloading and weighing the pros and cons before they spend $20, I wonder if they'll ever be able to decide to buy more tokens, or who to spend those precious 200 tokens on - that's another couple months of careful decision-making right there.

Jupiter551 said:
ScarlettLeigh said:
My god that's so true. If it really takes months of freeloading and weighing the pros and cons before they spend $20, I wonder if they'll ever be able to decide to buy more tokens, or who to spend those precious 200 tokens on - that's another couple months of careful decision-making right there.

I went on a clicking spree while on my prem account in a rather large room the other night just for funsies. I started at the top of the basics and clicked my way down. The list for the most part goes in order of date signed up, and I gotta say, the list of newer basics was pretty small. Most were at least a year old up to 6-7 years old!
If a basic hasn't gone premium after a year he likely never will.
I see no reason to let 400 basics talk when only 10 are even relatively new to the site, thus more likely to still go premium.

BoltEyeAm said:
Yep, easier to freeload on your favorite public show model. Great, you're a basic with a profile, big whoop.

BoltEyeAm said:
- Giving someone a username and allowing them to be recognized personally gives someone a greater degree of interaction.
This thread is about muting guests and basics. So now you're a muted basic with a username who can personally be recognized as a freeloader.

BoltEyeAm said:
- Once your are a basic going premium is a lot simpler you don't need to come up with a username, verify and email, or sign in. All you have to do is pull out your credit card and then you can join that group show that just started, or tip that person you have been talking to before they log off. So in in that way It promotes impulse purchases that would happen alot less if there was no basic option.
Just as easy to go ahead and whip out the CC while creating profile. If you've decided to make that step, the decision to go premium should be easy. Then you can have tokens on hand when you want to tip, go group.

Reactions: 1 person

ScarlettLeigh said:
Since this thread is still going I might as well throw in my :twocents-02cents:

There is no reason why someone would need to be Basic for more than a few months at most. How long does it really take to decide that you like what you see or don't? $20 is either worth it or it isn't. It's not as if MFC is asking hundreds of dollars from people to become a premium.

You need to view this from a freeloading perv's perspective. Basics are not always indecisive about signing up they might have considered it for a while and decided that they like the website but do not feel the need to spend money on it. Someone who chooses to remain a basic may have no interested in chatting and therefore has no reason to spend 20$ on a premium account. Sure twenty dollars isn't much but the only permanent benefit of signing up is the ability to chat in rooms where basics are not muted. If i had to pass judgements I would venture to say that basics who never go premium are more responsible with their money than premiums that spend $20 and never spend again. (unless they were buying chat)

MFC still offers a lot to basic members in the form of navigation that isn't available as a guest. Mainly as a basic you can add friends as a way to favorite models. If you liked someones free show favorite them and they might do it again at another date. In addition to this someone who is a basic member can be automatically logged in when going to MFC and therefore won't have to adjust all the menus and re-size the video feeds every time they open up the browser.

RogueWarrior said:
BoltEyeAm said:
Yep, easier to freeload on your favorite public show model. Great, you're a basic with a profile, big whoop.

BoltEyeAm said:
This thread is about muting guests and basics. So now you're a muted basic with a username who can personally be recognized as a freeloader.

BoltEyeAm said:
Just as easy to go ahead and whip out the CC while creating profile. If you've decided to make that step, the decision to go premium should be easy. Then you can have tokens on hand when you want to tip, go group.

I was answering the question "What is the purpose of basics?"

Reactions: WickedTouch

JoleneJolene said:
Jupiter551 said:
ScarlettLeigh said:

I went on a clicking spree while on my prem account in a rather large room the other night just for funsies. I started at the top of the basics and clicked my way down. The list for the most part goes in order of date signed up, and I gotta say, the list of newer basics was pretty small. Most were at least a year old up to 6-7 years old!
If a basic hasn't gone premium after a year he likely never will.
I see no reason to let 400 basics talk when only 10 are even relatively new to the site, thus more likely to still go premium.

I like to go thru the basics also.. clicking when the girls are busy.. The sad thing is that in almost every room I find a lot of noobs sure [late 11 and new 12] but the numbers of freeloading basics that have sign up dates of 08,09 and 10 simply leave me at a loss for words.
The other day I saw a basic with a sign up from 06.. seriously.. Why?

SoTxBob said:
I like to go thru the basics also.. clicking when the girls are busy.. The sad thing is that in almost every room I find a lot of noobs sure [late 11 and new 12] but the numbers of freeloading basics that have sign up dates of 08,09 and 10 simply leave me at a loss for words.
The other day I saw a basic with a sign up from 06.. seriously.. Why?
I made a thread here somewhere a while ago about finding the oldest basic...I think my personal record was early '04.

To counter the whole "why" people..

I made a basic account as soon as I wanted to have an account. I think it was somewhere in mid 2010. My only token purchase ever was somewhere in mid 2011.

Why did I initially want to go premium? Because as a basic, I could only add 10 friends. I wanted to add all the models on ACF, and about 5 premium members.

Why have I never bought tokens since? Because until I can dig myself out of the financial hole I find myself in, I need to be careful what I spend things on. Long term hobbies? good. short term hobbies? bad.

So, yeah, most basics who are long-term basics aren't going to buy tokens. Some of them, however, may have gotten the account with the intention of tipping when they got the money. but with the way the economy has been, they haven't been able to find the money.

LadyLuna said:
To counter the whole "why" people..

I made a basic account as soon as I wanted to have an account. I think it was somewhere in mid 2010. My only token purchase ever was somewhere in mid 2011.

Why did I initially want to go premium? Because as a basic, I could only add 10 friends. I wanted to add all the models on ACF, and about 5 premium members.

Why have I never bought tokens since? Because until I can dig myself out of the financial hole I find myself in, I need to be careful what I spend things on. Long term hobbies? good. short term hobbies? bad.

So, yeah, most basics who are long-term basics aren't going to buy tokens. Some of them, however, may have gotten the account with the intention of tipping when they got the money. but with the way the economy has been, they haven't been able to find the money.

I didn't know there was a max of 10 friends for basics. I didn't figure out how to friend people until after I became premium. Then for a while I thought I had to have the model friend me as well for them to show up on my list and I figured that was why people tip to be added as a friend.

10 Theories for Basics and guests;

1. They may not be articulate, but the one thing basics and guests love to do is talk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word-of-mouth_marketing

2. There are just some things best told to a model through the words of a basic, Kramer was a Basic.

3. Gusts and basics sometimes become good Cam Models, because broke but cute viewers can make great models.

4. No paper trail, wife/boss catches you on their computer, laughing and giggling away, then you up and :mpee without fully logging out, you come back to find, you are partially saved by the "premium members only features", that hid your depraved comments/requests from prying eyes.

5. Forgot about MFC: signed up years ago and forgot the site existed: 34infrmdaflr '04. (Premium account MicroMaPeens '12)

6. Made several Basic accounts to save usernames, in the hopes to one day make "AprilsNickels" go live only to see April turn to SammyPrincess the next day. And another email address bites the dust.

7. Sympathy Accounts, signing up several basic accounts and opening up multiple browsers can fill a room with names, this only works with new models, but the idea is valid.

8. Ban paranoia, hiding from model "hunters" wishing to rid the world of lurky loos.

9. Are livejasmin/steamate/chaturbate/nameyourcamsiteoftheday outsourcing their "bb" work to Asia, so models get tired of working at MyFreeCams, encouraging them to leave to gain more control of their room at another venue?

10. STUDENTS! rarely have credit cards, and when they do they are maxed out. College graduates used to get jobs with disposable cash, I guess the plan was to give it free now, and hope they buy later. thanks economy!

aren't we all basics on this forum, unless you are blue or pink? :lol: I wonder how do I become blue, looking for spanks and fists, I guess. :cool:

BootyEyes said:
aren't we all basics on this forum, unless you are blue or pink? :lol: I wonder how do I become blue, looking for spanks and fists, I guess. :cool:

You sir can obtain that fancy dark blue font by joining Ambahs VIP section! It is full of the most awesomest ass and unicorn porn found anywhere on the web! ;)

I usually let guests and basics talk, because if I didn't, no one else would talk to me, haha. But even with them both unmuted sometimes I've been sat there bored out my crack because no ones talking!
Most the guests and basics are okay anyway, it's just a few that are idiots. Unless I get different guests and basics to the meanies everyone else gets! I've actually found the premiums are usually nastier to me than the guests and basics, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.