AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do models sign up for studios?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Studios look so off very often in my personal opinion CB specific what i'm talking about. Although I probably think about those columbian ones the most when it's mentioned. I cant get myself to keep watching if i stumble upon them occassionally. No enjoyment (lack of smile on their faces), looking like factory work kinda with all due respect, price negotition to still squeeze the last bit of token out of the viewers, 'brutal' tipmenus for barely any tks, the begging for tips,...

I'm probably not aware of all kinds of studios but these latin ones on CB. Kinda feel sad watching it.

Also considering CB takes their cut, studio takes their cut, taxes take their cut. What is left for models anyways?

This of course all aside from the benefit of equipement and place to be able to cam. I also realise not everyone is in the best spot to afford being independent but still.. not to offend anyone in that position

Thats a really nice one, some don't have any of that though, well...bad support/training xD

Im fairly sure thats standard in colombia i think 40-50% cut to studios is normal in romania as well. I'm not sure about other places. I know some of them offer higher percentages based on earnings and other incentives.

What percentage does the one @anabeauty37 mentioned take?
I talked to a model in russia and the studio was taking a 30% cut. I think getting out from under that has been difficult for her.

If you don't mind me asking, what benefits do you feel you got from the studio? Was there anything you felt you got from the studio that is/was hard(er) to get from an independent model's standpoint?
Not much. I had never done camming/dirty chat before, and webcam wasn't really a thing back then. They would pay me a flat fee of £300 a night shift, but that would be for 8 hours of intense stuff. You had a producer there, encouraging you to flirt harder with the camera, or change clothing if people got bored. The only thing I miss is the definite income amount, but it isn't worth how hard they work you.

Also considering CB takes their cut, studio takes their cut, taxes take their cut. What is left for models anyways?

For some I know well, at a split at 40 studio/60 model works out to be about 3 US cents/token on Cb by the time in their hands. That's before taxes, expenses, and whatever else on their end. Which isn't a lot but still much better than most all can do working a regular job there. So ~3,500 tokens/day for a model doing pretty well = ~$100 USD with some relative value benefit from the exchange rate. Not bad. I really don't like that so much of what I give them goes to others though.

Reactions: odioso
It's easy to work becuz they are don't know about English don't know how to sign up they are need boss (own stuido) Income has to be divided They must online every day for make money As far as possible
If the income is not good Will have to be replaced with a new model

Reactions: anabeauty37
I asked one of the Colombian models if this was the case at her studio, and she said she wished. 😅 It's just a case of friends helping friends get jobs.
in romania they get bonus, i give to the models 10% of the new model earning , if she brings a friend .

Because some countries are so poor people don't access technology or payment methods are restringed. Also because it's common to live with parents until you are like 28/30 in places like Colombia.

My country Paxum and USD bank transfers are very restringed. A laptop costs a shit ton of money for an average worker. So a laptop it's a luxury. Second , the Latino mindset of working at the office because freelacing from home it's extremely damn weird.

Not much. I had never done camming/dirty chat before, and webcam wasn't really a thing back then. They would pay me a flat fee of £300 a night shift, but that would be for 8 hours of intense stuff. You had a producer there, encouraging you to flirt harder with the camera, or change clothing if people got bored. The only thing I miss is the definite income amount, but it isn't worth how hard they work you.
That's really weird,how they can pay u a salary? What website was?

I'm new to the industry but with the exception of a few things logistics wise, my studio experience has been pretty good so far. Then again my studio is a small local operation that's run by former and current models and all women .

My reason for joining was because they provide all the gear necessary and it's of good quality. It gets me out of my apartment and is in another city so it's not exactly where I live just in case someone does somehow figure out where I live. The percentage they take is below 50% and they have different rooms for different shows. Though admittedly I have another job so this isn't my main source of income. It's fairly communal and while some aspects are business esque, there's no pressure to stay and I can still decide when I want to work. It's got security cams, is in a non-descript location and not just anyone can get into the joint, but it's still in a populated enough area and isn't sketch. If I want to transition to working from home they'd just have to make sure my gear is up to spec. The only major rule they have is lock the door to the entrance behind me so no weirdos get in.

Considering my audience is super niche it's been more relaxing than not which has been crucial for me. Especially as a decidedly gay trans girl surrounded primarily by cis ones. There's a lot of pressure by my predominantly straight male audience to do certain things and I wouldn't be able to navigate that if I was in a place that forced me to constantly get results and stressed me out. I probably won't stay forever but for now my experience is far from that of the ones that I see others have. It's not perfect but I'm comfortable.

Reactions: EllieJade
I imagine working in a studio must be nicer than having to cam from your home environment. I love the fact I work for myself now and can do that from home, but would like the separation of being able to go into a studio, have it all set up for me, then finish and come home and it be a separate space.

So basically I would like the best of both worlds.

Reactions: anabeauty37
I imagine working in a studio must be nicer than having to cam from your home environment. I love the fact I work for myself now and can do that from home, but would like the separation of being able to go into a studio, have it all set up for me, then finish and come home and it be a separate space.

So basically I would like the best of both worlds.
I love the opposite. Feels a whole lot less like work that way which to me matters a lot when having a regular schedule

I've chatted on Chaturbate lately with two studio models in different areas of Colombia who seemed reasonably happy and a third somewhat less so. One told me she has made friends with others in the studio, they go to lunch & ice cream together. She and the other happy one often get interrupted by knocks on doors or shouted quick questions from outside their rooms, and they don't seem bothered by them.
The one who is less happy actually now works from her home using her own equipment because she has a son and she doesn't want to bring home Covid to him by going back & forth. The studio takes 20% of her earnings, I believe; she said she gets $40 per 1,000 tokens. I asked her why she doesn't just go independent, and she said because 1) she is Venezuelan and doesn't "have papers," and 2) it's complicated to do, by which I *think* she meant paperwork, licensing or whatever, etc.
She's pretty unhappy generally because she's not getting a lot of activity in her room anymore (unlike when she bought her computer, camera, etc). My hunch is that in part might be because her video quality is poor even at 1080p, possibly I suppose due to lower-end computer, camera, etc. And of course looking unhappy doesn't draw in as many viewers as looking happy. But I like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.