AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do so many people hate black Liquorice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it tastes like anti-candy. (garbage)

:haha:

Because it's disgusting, and that's really not what I look for in candy.

Or any food for that matter...

Reactions: SoTxBob
I like it too....and really, "black" licorice is redundant. Those "red vines" aren't really licorice at all. A candy I thought was disgusting when I was a kid was "hoarhound" candy, a particularly medicinal tasting nastiness, but my parent' generation liked it. So, there seems to be a generational shift in what people like to put in their mouths. :)

64039_sil_main.jpg

because its litterally the same smell and taste of roting flesh. but danish people love it! #puke

I like literally all candy. Any candy. Doesn't matter what kind. :hungry:
I've eaten candy that was soap flavored and liked it. All of my teeth are sweet-tooths (sweet-teeth?).

I had no clue what black liquorice was till I found this topic so I googled it and....it doesn't even look ...eatable :/

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I love black licorice but can no longer have it as it contains phytoestrogen. I can't say I really miss it, not as much as I miss tofu.

I think its because its a strong flavour. and with strong flavour comes strong opinion.
Its not my favourite but when there is a jar infront of me i won't say no :joyful: I like the one where you have half black and half gummy(bear) like. It's ahmaaaazing. I don't like trekdrop though, and i will not eat it even if there was a jar infront of me. it makes me sick when i eat it. i have no idea what its called in english.

Reactions: Gen
Googled "trekdrop." It's called "pulled licorice." I'd love to try it. ;)

Haha okey I guess thats a direct translation:p. I googled a translation, but could not find it so quickly. to me "pulled licorice" doesnt taste very nice, but you can't stop eating it anyway. And it has a weird texture to it.
But if you want to try it then awesome. And hopefully share your own opinion.

Guy: i dont know if you were referring to my post :shame: but this is what i ment.
If not , then this is what i ment anyway haha;)

download.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: Nordling
Speaking of black licorice, there's a type I've not seen in NA, but it's fairly popular in Northernish Europe, i.e., Scandinavia, Germany, etc called salmiak. It's flavoured with ammonium chloride and is a stronger version of the black licorice you find here, but fairly dry, hard and salty. We used to buy it in small bags of little diamond shaped pastilles. If you don't like American-style black licorice, you'll really hate the salmiak kind. Mind you, it's kind of soothing if you have a sore throat.

I don't like licorice candy that much but I like mild versions of the flavor in other things like Coffee with Anisette (Liquor)
or I grew up eating these cookies
toast_toast.png

3 seconds after typing this I just google learned it's not the same thing at all. Oh. Apparently Anise plant is different but almost the same flavor.. like fennel. it all tastes like licorice though to me.

Reactions: MonkeyButt
Not that us Dutchies invented the stuff, but we sure embraced it. There are so many kinds available here, from sweet and double sweet to salty and double salty. And yet every kind has it's own taste and texture.

Menthol crosses, semi-sweet, soft, menthol flavored.
Little liquorice cats: hard and sweet.
Honey liquorice: semi-hard, sweetened with honey.
Double salt: Hard and very salty.. always marked with DZ
menthol-kruisdrop-venco.jpg katjesdrop.jpg honingdrop.png Dubbelzout.jpg

kokintjes, soft and really sweet. just to ad on snowie1969's post ;)
anyway, if there is so much to choose from, its hard not to like anything at all
download (1).jpg
Speaking of black licorice, there's a type I've not seen in NA, but it's fairly popular in Northernish Europe, i.e., Scandinavia, Germany, etc called salmiak.
Reminds me of when i was little. I'd just go to the candy store and buy a plastic container of salmiak powder. You'd just lick your finger, dip it and lick it again. .. so stupid, i can't think over ever REALLY enjoying it, but i did eat it a lot. :p

Reactions: Snowie1969
kokintjes, soft and really sweet. just to ad on snowie1969's post ;)
anyway, if there is so much to choose from, its hard not to like anything at all
View attachment 57965

Reminds me of when i was little. I'd just go to the candy store and buy a plastic container of salmiak powder. You'd just lick your finger, dip it and lick it again. .. so stupid, i can't think over ever REALLY enjoying it, but i did eat it a lot. :p
Oh yes, Kokindjes yummie

Reactions: MonkeyButt
I dont mind it but I couldn't eat a full box of licquorice .. I think because it has a strong taste and its more bitter than sweet. My gran was a big fan of licquorice allsorts and as a kid she would always eat the rest and keep me the little blue bassetts man.

I'm one of the licorice liking freaks! I love all things anise, birch, sassafras and so on.

But it has to be high quality. A place near me sells amazing sea salt licorice candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.