AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some cam models switch to doing clip making ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sending out a notification to your existing customer list, maybe by a mailing list or by Twitter? It might be that you do an efficient job of marketing to a strong customer base, so you get a strong surge in sales up front.

I don't send any notifications or have a mailing list. C4S updates their list showing you uploaded though. They will tweet for you too. I do not use twitter or any marketing on my own. I just have years of doing videos under my belt. I have regulars and they are loyal. I'm also regular with uploads. I don't advertise or market myself whatsoever. Even on C4S I don't do anything right now. I think maybe it had a lot to do with being regular and also like mentioned the categories you do as well. Plus probably luck like with any site.

Are you sending out a notification to your existing customer list, maybe by a mailing list or by Twitter? It might be that you do an efficient job of marketing to a strong customer base, so you get a strong surge in sales up front.

^ TBH, I don't feel like advertisement and marketing is a big thing with c4s.

Clips4sale has so much internal traffic, advertising isn't even necessary. The site has been around for over a decade and is known as a go-to for quality fetish content.

Whether you make sales instantly or down the road varies by category a lot of the time. I have categories that sell instantly, ones that sell after a couple months, and, like I mentioned previously, categories where people will ignore the new clip that released today, but they'll buy five clips in that category from last year.

A part of it also comes down to the individual purchaser. People can get very specific and precise with their fetishes. Maybe someone likes small penis humiliation, but they only like it when the women is standing over them in a green shirt and red lipstick. That guy's not going to buy a clip where I'm wearing a white shirt, but I do stand over the camera and wear red lipstick, so he may see my latest clip, see that it ticks a couple of his personal "fuck yes" boxes, and look through my store to find that perfect clip.

I can carefully say, that models may also wish to have passive income when they're not online. Just like every other mainstream online merchant. This allows them to produce unique content that can be sold in unique market places, without loosing bounced traffic. For instance, imagine yourself working so hard on funneling traffic to a chat room, and the visitors find out that you are not online, and this is just one example.
It's a blessed diversity in my humble and limited opinion as a payment representative. *This is coming from a general freelance perspective, because I am not versed in the dynamics of what happens in the video market places themselves.
I forgot to say, models don't switch to it, they ad it. They do it because they are smart freelancers.

Have any of you seen the girls who record their own shows on MFC/CB and then sell those? I guess you would want to edit it down, but the idea is couldn't you distribute low resolution versions of each show to the tube sites, in an effort to build free distribution for your shows? You could link in the tube-version of the show to a product page where you sell the same show in high resolution. This would also help to fight against those parasites who are recording your shows secretly and putting them up on webcam girl sites. You would flood those parasite sites out by having your webcam model name show up on multiple tube sites first, when people do a Google search.

Money. It's easier for me to film whenever I like and pop a clip up and make money from that then dealing with a room full of people who will never tip me.

Time is money. I do not have to sit for however long in an online room waiting for someone to be enticed enough to tip me or take me private. I can instead spend less time making a clip that will sell and is worth more to me. No teasing involved. I found teasing exhausting.

I don't have to bargain or make deals. I don't have to negotiate with cheap asses who constantly try to get the world for 10 tokens. They will either buy a clip or not and I don't have to deal with them hemming and hawing away. If they try that shit for customs in emails I can just ignore.

I can also mess up in clips and it's not a big deal. I just redo it. Whereas live I can't do that. No redos and sometimes mess ups can be boner killers. I don't wanna mess up boners.

You're often expected to change at the drop of a hat into characters and I need more time to do that realistically. I'm not someone who can pop into characters at the drop of a hat basically. This is easier for cammers who have distinct personalities of course but I was more open to playing the field with them. I just can't be a dom one second though and a sub the next second that quick. With clips I have time to prep, dress the part, mentally prepare, and then just film. Much easier for me and I'm better at it that way.
Is the payout better?

Have you gotten any chargebacks?

I think maybe one ever. Though it might have been a refund instead. It was a few months ago. That's the only one for me. I know others have had it a ton and for large amounts too. C4S does not cover them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Booty_4U and Smores
Do any of these clip sites (e.g., manyvids, C4S) ever give you marketing data, like reports showing the average amount purchased by one customer, and how the amounts change over the normal distribution of customers? That would let you determine if 90% of the income comes from 5% of the customers, or if the purchasing is very broad based with very few customers buying much content.

Do any of these sites let you design your own marketing program, so that you could come up with plans based on subscriptions, purchase of larger quantities, etc.

And probably no one lets you do this, but if you could send marketing surveys to people who have purchased your content in the past, that would be gold. You could test market different ideas and get their feedback.

Last edited:
Do any of these clip sites (e.g., manyvids, C4S) ever give you marketing data, like reports showing the average amount purchased by one customer, and how the amounts change over the normal distribution of customers? That would let you determine if 90% of the income comes from 5% of the customers, or if the purchasing is very broad based with very few customers buying much content.

Do any of these sites let you design your own marketing program, so that you could come up with plans based on subscriptions, purchase of larger quantities, etc.

And probably no one lets you do this, but if you could send marketing surveys to people who have purchased your content in the past, that would be gold. You could test market different ideas and get their feedback.

Why do you care so much?

My background is in marketing, and that's how I view and filter the world. To me these clip sites are just a different marketing problem and I am intrigued by them.

I think you should email clips4sale AND ask them all these questions...

I heard that YouKandy isnt a good clipsite for models. Why is that?

no traffic, shitty customer service.

For me, it's about putting my eggs in more than one basket. It keeps things sustainable for me. I've been on MyFreeCams over 5 years now, but sometimes it's slow. So I added other camsites and clipsites. The passive income of offline video sales is nice. Having videos to dish out for tokens while I'm on cam has also increased my income. Plus, sometimes I'm more inspired to cam and sometimes I'm more inspired to film. Having both keeps me from getting burnt out on either.

Money. It's easier for me to film whenever I like and pop a clip up and make money from that then dealing with a room full of people who will never tip me.

Time is money. I do not have to sit for however long in an online room waiting for someone to be enticed enough to tip me or take me private. I can instead spend less time making a clip that will sell and is worth more to me. No teasing involved. I found teasing exhausting.

I don't have to bargain or make deals. I don't have to negotiate with cheap asses who constantly try to get the world for 10 tokens. They will either buy a clip or not and I don't have to deal with them hemming and hawing away. If they try that shit for customs in emails I can just ignore.

I can also mess up in clips and it's not a big deal. I just redo it. Whereas live I can't do that. No redos and sometimes mess ups can be boner killers. I don't wanna mess up boners.

You're often expected to change at the drop of a hat into characters and I need more time to do that realistically. I'm not someone who can pop into characters at the drop of a hat basically. This is easier for cammers who have distinct personalities of course but I was more open to playing the field with them. I just can't be a dom one second though and a sub the next second that quick. With clips I have time to prep, dress the part, mentally prepare, and then just film. Much easier for me and I'm better at it that way.

AMEN! Time IS money ... and charging for custom videos thats where the real money is and no one can take a cut of that ... and then I can resell it online :)

Reactions: Teagan
Status
Not open for further replies.