AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why doesn't MFC...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really find it annoying and time consuming not being able to make updates easily to my model profile.

I have learned the basics on how to make certain changes to mine and for a while I had some content there, but having to update it sucks! especially if you end up making a mistake somewhere along the way...

Why can't MFC create a more user friendly way of editing your profile?!

Kickaz said:
I really find it annoying and time consuming not being able to make updates easily to my model profile.

I have learned the basics on how to make certain changes to mine and for a while I had some content there, but having to update it sucks! especially if you end up making a mistake somewhere along the way...

Why can't MFC create a more user friendly way of editing your profile?!

Because it's not a necessity, probably. I don't think many people check out a model's profile before their room in most cases.

The_Brown_Fox said:
It would be cool if they gave models e-mail notifications for when they've received new MFC Mail. :)

Wait. Members get this feature but models do not? :?

ComicOzzie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
It would be cool if they gave models e-mail notifications for when they've received new MFC Mail. :)

???

ComicOzzie said:

You must be thinking of the e-mail notifications that members can get that lets them know when their favorite models are online?

I was just saying that I'd like email notifications letting me know that I have new MFC Mail.

The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:

You must be thinking of the e-mail notifications that members can get that lets them know when their favorite models are online?

I was just saying that I'd like email notifications letting me know that I have new MFC Mail.

Evidently and amazingly it seems to be that way. A couple of days ago I was chatting with a model offline, she had a bad thing happen to her so I sent her a generous tip. 90 minutes later we are still chatting and I am wondering why they hell I am not getting an acknowledgement. Finally, right before going before bed I ask her to check her email and get the appropriate "oh my god thank you". But I still I was wondering who would see the new MFC mail notification and not check it for 90 minutes. Talking to her and reading this thread, it seems that unlike the members there is no alert, which seems bizarre because models often ask members to send them MFC mail to get videos, to inquire about privates etc. From what I can tell MFC model software leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
HiGirlsRHot said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:

Evidently and amazingly it seems to be that way. A couple of days ago I was chatting with a model offline, she had a bad thing happen to her so I sent her a generous tip. 90 minutes later we are still chatting and I am wondering why they hell I am not getting an acknowledgement. Finally, right before going before bed I ask her to check her email and get the appropriate "oh my god thank you". But I still I was wondering who would see the new MFC mail notification and not check it for 90 minutes. Talking to her and reading this thread, it seems that unlike the members there is no alert, which seems bizarre because models often ask members to send them MFC mail to get videos, to inquire about privates etc. From what I can tell MFC model software leaves a lot to be desired.

When models are expecting an MFC mail, they are more likely to check for it. I would not ask members to send me an MFC mail and then just not bother to check it. If she had asked you to send the tip, I imagine she would have checked it much sooner.

Depending where she was on the site while you were talking, she may have not been witness to any notification at all. Many models also just ignore MFC mail and check it when they please because it isn't likely to be anything important - especially if they haven't asked any members to mail them recently.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Evvie said:
When models are expecting an MFC mail, they are more likely to check for it. I would not ask members to send me an MFC mail and then just not bother to check it. If she had asked you to send the tip, I imagine she would have checked it much sooner.

Depending where she was on the site while you were talking, she may have not been witness to any notification at all. Many models also just ignore MFC mail and check it when they please because it isn't likely to be anything important - especially if they haven't asked any members to mail them recently.

Just to be clear I'm not blaming the model at all. Rather MFC's interface design. I get notifications on my cellphone with its 4 1/2" screen of missed phone calls, messages, tweets, folks who are near me, and probably new facebook posts if I looked for the right setting. On my PC I get notifications of new email, pretty much no matter what I am doing. The same thing should apply to MFC there should always be option to get notifications of fairly important things like PMs and MFC mails. Now if you want to turn off notifications, so not to be distracted while riding a sybian :) or whatever, that's cool but you should also have the option on getting them.

If we are in chat, then the notification is inserted into our chat. I think it might be inserted into our pm's if we are chatting in pm while on camera. But if we are offline, there is no notification that we have a new mail, or an offline tip.

LadyLuna said:
If we are in chat, then the notification is inserted into our chat. I think it might be inserted into our pm's if we are chatting in pm while on camera. But if we are offline, there is no notification that we have a new mail, or an offline tip.
Are you still on the Software? On the browser broadcaster, I don't think we see a real time notification at all, but there's a button on the bottom bar for MFC mail that shows the # of messages we have. I thought at one point we did get a notification... it could be that I am using the testing/beta version of the broadcaster and it isn't working on there, but I dunno.

However, in the case that HiGirlsRHot is talking about, if the model was chatting on the browser broadcaster with him, and he sent her a tip, the tip would show in the PM window, as well as make the usual PM sound. If she was chatting with him on the website (as a member would, just logged on her model account) or on the model Software then she'd have no notification. Model accounts signed on to the website have a different functionality than premium members.

I feel like we can start an entire thread that starts with "why doesn't MFC" and end it with our own question. For real real.

Reactions: 1 person
Yup it's a pain that I have to check because sometimes I think someone might have sent me a tip, and I have to check to see if it's there, kind of sucks when nothing is there. But then it can be the other way around, I'm casually looking at my mfc mail and then... wtf? a tip! oh my god!! It doesn't even show up for me on the admin page. Also I don't know if it's the same for other girls but when people chat to me when I'm on the member page it makes no noise notification, but it makes a noise when I send a message, which means if I go and do something and have it on in the background it seems like i'm ignoring people.

I also wish mfc would make it easier to customise our profiles. It'd be great to not have to make raffle boxes etc off site and have to faff around with html which can so easily go wrong!

I have found that for about half a month I had a black and white photo on my profile, it made it hard to read and I didn't bother to change it. It was the worst half month I've ever had on mfc. Then I sorted it out, suddenly things got a bit better, it wasn't like people suddenly started throwing tokens and my room numbers doubled, but a noticeable difference. Recently I accidentally deleted all my info including my vid info because I was editing and apparently deleted a wrong bit of code. Not having my vid info made such a big difference, no one bought my vids, they would ask and i'd have to say the list out loud, it was a pain!
In my experience how well done my profile has been has made a considerable difference so I do wish mfc would take it a bit more seriously. I'm a cam girl for christ sake, I did not become a cam girl so I could faff around with codes. I'm bright enough and not totally computer retarded, but I also so cannot be bothered with it!

I thought the new feature where we can check MFC Mail from within our chat room window was cool. But then I noticed that every time I try to do it that way, when I click 'Read Mail' the message DOESN'T open...nothing happens. :think: So I end up having to just go to MFC Mail in a new tab like before.

Isabella_deL said:
Yup it's a pain that I have to check because sometimes I think someone might have sent me a tip, and I have to check to see if it's there, kind of sucks when nothing is there. But then it can be the other way around, I'm casually looking at my mfc mail and then... wtf? a tip! oh my god!! It doesn't even show up for me on the admin page. Also I don't know if it's the same for other girls but when people chat to me when I'm on the member page it makes no noise notification, but it makes a noise when I send a message, which means if I go and do something and have it on in the background it seems like i'm ignoring people.
You can change this setting in the "personal options" menu on the site.

Attachments

• menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 186
The_Brown_Fox said:
I thought the new feature where we can check MFC Mail from within our chat room window was cool. But then I noticed that every time I try to do it that way, when I click 'Read Mail' the message DOESN'T open...nothing happens. :think: So I end up having to just go to MFC Mail in a new tab like before.
That may be a bug in the browser you're using. Send them a bug report email about that.

Reactions: 1 person
secret1n said:
One thing I wish MFC would do is fix the text notifications for North America. It has not worked for at least a year and a half now.

At almost 3 years now, I do not think they will ever find a new sms provider for this. The email notification still works, most of the time. :lol:

AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:

???

When I get an MFC mail, I get a little notification on the upper right side saying "new mail" in bright yellow. It has nothing to do with a model appearing online. :twocents-02cents:

ComicOzzie said:
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:

???

When I get an MFC mail, I get a little notification on the upper right side saying "new mail" in bright yellow. It has nothing to do with a model appearing online. :twocents-02cents:
Ah. You insinuated you get email notifications. All cleared up now.

One of the first things on the top of my head was

Why doesn't MFC reinvest some of its capital into better, more secure servers. Better software, more first time user friendly.

All i have heard as of late is both Models and Members getting disgusted at crashes, reboots, system or browser errors. I have been tempted to split many times.

Not only is it just hassel to put up with, but I can imagine stuff like that hurting tips or losing members.

If MFC spent a little money and a little time the rewards they reap will pay continuous dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.