AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why don't all camsites...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justjoinedtopost

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Feb 23, 2015
...boot guests after like 2 minutes?

Seems like it would stop capping.

Free advertising for them, they're not the ones who risk having their identities outed by having their caps spread far and wide, probably other reasons but these are the first things that popped into my mind.

...boot guests after like 2 minutes?

Seems like it would stop capping.

I imagine a lot of the bulk recording is done by direct streaming. They aren't even on the website as a guest to boot. You can watch any MFC model without even going to the website, or even using a web browser. So how would they boot someone if they are even there?

Reactions: AmberCutie
I imagine a lot of the bulk recording is done by direct streaming. They aren't even on the website as a guest to boot. You can watch any MFC model without even going to the website, or even using a web browser. So how would they boot someone if they are even there?
Well that would explain it. I dabbled with couple of the recording programs for the sake of curiosity, was under the impression they showed up as guests.

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Not only are you derailing the topic, you have misspellings going on... :arghh:
Sorry. Wireless keyboard acting up.

My late night musing wasn't just about capping though. Popped in a couple rooms that had more guests than registered/premiums, just doesn't make sense to me to let people watch indefinitely as a guest. Idk.

There was one website (777 maybe?) that I never even fooled with just because I couldn't watch as guest, so I don't think eliminating guests completely is a good idea. But I noticed Camsoda has a nag thing over the cam if you view as guest.

Sorry. Wireless keyboard acting up.

My late night musing wasn't just about capping though. Popped in a couple rooms that had more guests than registered/premiums, just doesn't make sense to me to let people watch indefinitely as a guest. Idk.

There was one website (777 maybe?) that I never even fooled with just because I couldn't watch as guest, so I don't think eliminating guests completely is a good idea. But I noticed Camsoda has a nag thing over the cam if you view as guest.

Sometimes the room with ridiculous numbers of guests are using bots just to make the room appear more popular than it really is so they can move higher up the page for anyone who sorts by popularity.

Reactions: Cherry Bomb
JustJoined you aren't alone in your complaining about the benefits of being a guest on MFC. I know when I'm watching MFC as TV, I generally login as guest, and I know many models and other premiums have said the same thing. I don't worry about some model going on binge banning of non-tipping members, getting PM by some random model wanting me to come to her room, or even some model just getting upset that I"m in her room and not tipping. Now most of the time I'm on MFC, I'm logged in, chatting and tipping.

But I find it crazy that other than not being able to have friends list there is virtually no downside for watching MFC as guest, if you are just there for the entertainment. There is also no nag feature to encourage guest to upgrade. I see a lot of legitimate complaints from models about the small numbers of tippers on MFC. Or to paraphrase Churchill, "Never in the history of human entertainment, was so much owed to so many by so few."

Obviously, the let guests watch free forever has been a successful business model for MFC. But I contend most of the complaints about MFC are also a result from this "feature".

Isn't that every room on MFC?
Actually, it was watching on CB that got me to wondering, combined with the nag overlay on Camsoda. Just made me wonder why they all don't do like Jasmin (I think anyways), let people watch a minute or two then shut the cam down. You can come right back, but it makes loitering long term as a guest a little annoying.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Jasmin lets guest watched during 10 mins but models have no possibility to mute them. A lot them spends time to insult the models and other member. There is a lot of protest against this because models haves no right against thoses assholes. I could talk about the fact tha models (always in Jasmin) can't block rude members but here we talk about guest; If a guest just want to watch why not but i think they should be muted.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Actually, it was watching on CB that got me to wondering, combined with the nag overlay on Camsoda. Just made me wonder why they all don't do like Jasmin (I think anyways), let people watch a minute or two then shut the cam down. You can come right back, but it makes loitering long term as a guest a little annoying.

I liked how with ImLive's free chat, guests were booted after maybe 2 minutes. And AdultWork had optional free chat, and the model could choose to give those guys a 5 minute time limit (and there were a few other choices) for the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.