AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why Request Tip for Twitter, Instagram...?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2022
Another thing I dont understand is why models would request tkns to have access to their Twitter or Instagram account?

This is somewhat similar to say the plumber or electrican that comes over your house for work. You then ask if he has a business card he says sure but it will cost you $2, i dont need to explain where thats leading too.

That business model could backfire when the model is unexpectively let go for what ever reason, banned, terminated. There is no way to get in contact as to where the person may be moving to i.e. the model not olny leaves the job unexpected but also the customers. Best may be to have a backup site already in place such as SC, but then that part strangely a secret.

I did find one model with viewers of over 6k advertise her Twitter account on her screen as she was performing. I went to her Twitter account and sure enough there she was. What was interesting there is that she advertise she was online 'Live' at Chaturbate.com along with her weekly schedule!

A business card is not really the same as an account where you can post additional content. Like, at all. I can understand why some would decide to monetize access to their socials.

Upvote 0
My impression was that it's not so that you can have access to their social media, generally their accounts are public and used for promotional purposes. It's so that they follow you on that social media, so that you can feel like your favorite model is reading your tweets about your cat, and more importantly so that you can send them messages there. The models I know have their twitter set up so that only people they follow can send them messages, and I think Instagram is like that by default (but maybe not? I'm not sure.)

Upvote 0
I sill see this 'virtual business card' as another method to stay in contact and a I want your business should the client decided to move on to another platform. The Twitter, Instagram, whatsapp...would come into play when the main method of contact gets disconnected.

Upvote 0
I sill see this 'virtual business card' as another method to stay in contact and a I want your business should the client decided to move on to another platform. The Twitter, Instagram, whatsapp...would come into play when the main method of contact gets disconnected.
Business cards don't have extra nude photos, access to chat, etc. :)

So we're telling you from the other side that it isn't comparable.

Upvote 0
The models I know have their twitter set up so that only people they follow can send them messages, and I think Instagram is like that by default (but maybe not? I'm not sure.)

You can send and receive messages on Instagram with someone who doesn’t follow you, if they accept your message request and respond to it (or if they message you first and you accept it).

Not sure how common it is, but it can be done.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
Thats what a mailing list is for.

And plenty of girls DO use social media this way (i do) BUT its not the only valid way to use it. A locked twitter account with spicy content : 100% a thing of value that should be monetized just as OF is.

Upvote 0
Thats what a mailing list is for.

And plenty of girls DO use social media this way (i do) BUT its not the only valid way to use it. A locked twitter account with spicy content : 100% a thing of value that should be monetized just as OF is.
Theres a mailing list?? You can lock a Twitter account??? I must be getting old

Upvote 0
Theres a mailing list?? You can lock a Twitter account??? I must be getting old
... yeah?

The only way to keep full control of a fan base which is platform dependant is to use a mailing list.

And yes a twitter account can be set to private. That means only approved people are able to see the posts which means its easy to sell access.

Upvote 0
It's just another way of staying in contact with the models. You can see new content, you can see what she likes, and what she enjoys and you can find new things to talk about with the model. This is not something you can find on a business card. I keep in touch with some of my best members through Social Media, so yes, you can monetize these interactions as well.

Upvote 0
I have to ask - where/how do i search for "mailing list" to find more info or is this a CB thing???
Um im not sure what you mean? Its an email list. You know how when you sign up for a website and you give them your email and they start sending you emails? That's a mailing list. There are platforms that run them like mailchimp etc, or blog sites etc.. or you can do it manually. But it's just literally the model has your email and emails you.

The idea is if cb or twitter or onlyfans kick you off you still have a list of emails of your clients and can directly contact them. The simplest form is literally a bcc email.

People use them as sales funnels etc but no platform but email is reliable.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
The idea is if cb or twitter or onlyfans kick you off you still have a list of emails of your clients and can directly contact them. The simplest form is literally a bcc email.
Actually thats what this thread was about but using Instagram or twitter for that purpose.

Upvote 0
Actually thats what this thread was about but using Instagram or twitter for that purpose.
Yes I understand that. What I was saying was

1. Instagram and Twitter are more flexible than JUST that purpose. That purpose is often how it is used (it's how I use twitter) BUT it's NOT the only way it can be used and that's why you see folks monetizing it.

2. Instagram and Twitter are still platforms that can kick us at any time and cut us off from our customers. That's why they're not 100% reliable for this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.