AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why so many Romanian / Colombian girls

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lily90x said:
Phillyfan252 said:
I hide all countries except US, Canada, UK and Australia
What?! Why would you do that, if I may ask?

Simple.... its a way to judge the percentages online by country.....
you can also do the reverse or any single region to do the same thing. Its also to filter out those a person doesnt care to see.

Reactions: camstory
Lily90x said:
Phillyfan252 said:
Some people don't like having to deal with models with accents, language barriers, different cultures, etc. I often, but not always, hide North America, because precisely all those things are attractive to me.

Oh, okay. To me it sounded like he always hides every country except for the ones he mentioned.

Lily90x said:
Phillyfan252 said:

A few different reasons

1. I can't stand studios
2. I want someone who can speak English well
3. Shitty cams

I don't mind accents and many of the models I find good looking, but throw a super hot model in a studio and I lose all interest. It takes so much away from the "just your girl next door" type of amateur appeal that any girl who cams from their own home has. Also language is huge, if I can't communicate it's a struggle and usually frustrating.

Obviously not all models in the regions I hide fall into that, but too many do for me to sift through all the models to find one. So, I go with the percentages of success of what I'm looking for.

Reactions: eclipse76
Phillyfan252 said:
Lily90x said:
Phillyfan252 said:

A few different reasons

1. I can't stand studios
2. I want someone who can speak English well
3. Shitty cams

I don't mind accents and many of the models I find good looking, but throw a super hot model in a studio and I lose all interest. It takes so much away from the "just your girl next door" type of amateur appeal that any girl who cams from their own home has. Also language is huge, if I can't communicate it's a struggle and usually frustrating.

Obviously not all models in the regions I hide fall into that, but too many do for me to sift through all the models to find one. So, I go with the percentages of success of what I'm looking for.

1.Yeah studios suck...but plenty of studio based girls are great! Why do you even care if she's in a studio?

2.Plenty of models who speak english as a second language speak and understand it very, very well.

3.There are both HD crystal clear cams in Eastern Europe and crappy, grainy, security footage style cams in downtown LA.

If you can't communicate - fair enough. Though maybe you only think you can't communicate?

I guess I think the percentage that can't speak English, are in studios, using crappy cams is probably a lot smaller than you think it is...I think you've just decided it's like this so you don't bother looking.

Most of the models I frequent are studio models. I find this a great benefit. I know several at one studio, and the fact that they know each other has made my acquaintances with them richer. I also know independent models who used to work with studios for years, and are friends, and those friendships continue now that they are on their own, and they often still hang out with models who stuck with their studios.

Studios can be good and not so good, but, even if they're not perfect, they are a necessary evil in some places. Given the housing and employment situation in many large EE cities where most of the models, who very often live with their families, work, it would not be possible for them to afford their own camming spaces, so it's studios or working as shop-girls. In the meantime, for many, the connections they make with other models help them to create support systems which are important when you do this type of work, much like the support systems Amber gives anglophone models an opportunity to find and create here.

1.Yeah studios suck...but plenty of studio based girls are great! Why do you even care if she's in a studio?

2.Plenty of models who speak english as a second language speak and understand it very, very well.

3.There are both HD crystal clear cams in Eastern Europe and crappy, grainy, security footage style cams in downtown LA.

If you can't communicate - fair enough. Though maybe you only think you can't communicate?

I guess I think the percentage that can't speak English, are in studios, using crappy cams is probably a lot smaller than you think it is...I think you've just decided it's like this so you don't bother looking.

1. Did you even read the rest of my post? I plainly said why I don't like studios.

I don't mind accents and many of the models I find good looking, but throw a super hot model in a studio and I lose all interest. It takes so much away from the "just your girl next door" type of amateur appeal that any girl who cams from their own home has.

2. As I said in the rest of my post, yes there are exceptions.

3. As I said AGAIN in the rest of my post, yes I know there are exceptions.

Clearly you just posted to argue each point I made for the sake of arguing. Either that or a person with a different set of likes and dislikes from you is instantly wrong and needs to justify to you why they like what they like - arrogance at it's finest. Even the last sentence you posted is addressed in my post already, where I said I know there are exceptions, but I don't bother searching through a ton of models for them because I find what I want with ease based on my current search filters, so I have no need to go through the trouble.

I like what I like, if you like something different that's your business, but don't tell me what I like is WRONG or that I need to justify to you why I like what I like. Different strokes for different folks.

Not going to argue, everybody is different, both models and members, just some observations from me.

I have chatted with Romanian studio models who are very happy with the studio where they work, they like to have colleagues. Of course its a job for the money, but some models get more from it, many times I have heard enthusiastic stories about going out together, having long talks about life and so. ( ok, ok, where women work together, there are also problems :) sometimes models can talk really mean about colleagues )

But I have also heard about stories about bad studio's who kept a huge % of their income, and about problems when models switch studio or go work independent.

I have chatted with 2 Romanian models who where both so happy and proud on themselves because they did make enough money from cam work to go to uni (unfortunately I have no idea if that was a private of state uni, what would be interesting information given the postings from CurlyHannah & sandara )

Oh, and most times, I hide all countries, except "Europe and Russia" :)

Reactions: SirenSong
Phillyfan252 said:

1. Did you even read the rest of my post? I plainly said why I don't like studios.

I don't mind accents and many of the models I find good looking, but throw a super hot model in a studio and I lose all interest. It takes so much away from the "just your girl next door" type of amateur appeal that any girl who cams from their own home has.

Clearly you just posted to argue each point I made for the sake of arguing. Either that or a person with a different set of likes and dislikes from you is instantly wrong and needs to justify to you why they like what they like - arrogance at it's finest. Even the last sentence you posted is addressed in my post already, where I said I know there are exceptions, but I don't bother searching through a ton of models for them because I find what I want with ease based on my current search filters, so I have no need to go through the trouble.

I like what I like, if you like something different that's your business, but don't tell me what I like is WRONG or that I need to justify to you why I like what I like. Different strokes for different folks.
Not at all, I read your post and I'm aware you answered some of the points I raised - I was giving my opinion on them and asking for clarification.

A girl being a "girl next door" is a fantasy - you know it's not true, I don't see the difference between using your imagination to think a girl at home is an "amateur" is any different to using it to imagine the same thing about a girl in a studio.

In point of fact, most girls who work from home are far more professional and experienced than studio girls because they've had to set everything up themselves and make a conscious effort to get into this line of work - some studio girls think they're coming in for a marketing job til they arrive and find out otherwise.

It's ironic that you paint me as being intolerant in the last part of your post, when you're the one blocking entire continents due to stereotypes lol.

PixieDust_ said:
And fun to see someone from holland
Hoe gaat het hahaha :dance:
aha ! daarom kan ik je profiel niet bekijken, je wilt geen lokale perverts hebben, groot gelijk, ik hou het wel bij mijn Roemeense favorieten :)

For the other readers: I was wondering why I could not see PixieDust_ profile page on MFC, now I know, she blocked Holland :crybaby:

JustLooking said:
Bloody hell! Who gives a **** where a model is from! What's important is what she's like as a person, not her nationality.

Exactly - when you're not ever gonna meet someone, their location is about the most irrelevant detail about them

Reactions: SirenSong
JustLooking said:
Bloody hell! Who gives a **** where a model is from! What's important is what she's like as a person, not her nationality.

Sevrin said:
Most of the models I frequent are studio models. I find this a great benefit. I know several at one studio, and the fact that they know each other has made my acquaintances with them richer. I also know independent models who used to work with studios for years, and are friends, and those friendships continue now that they are on their own, and they often still hang out with models who stuck with their studios.

Studios can be good and not so good, but, even if they're not perfect, they are a necessary evil in some places. Given the housing and employment situation in many large EE cities where most of the models, who very often live with their families, work, it would not be possible for them to afford their own camming spaces, so it's studios or working as shop-girls. In the meantime, for many, the connections they make with other models help them to create support systems which are important when you do this type of work, much like the support systems Amber gives anglophone models an opportunity to find and create here.

Echo this. Many of the camgirls struggle for basic acceptance of the people on the other side of the cam and when you go down the route of being picky about where a model comes from is that not a subtle form of distasteful racism which adds to the hurdles they have to get over? Every girl, regardless of nationality, creed or colour, who has taken the plunge and goes on cam to perform for us viewers is equally deserving of support, whether they are from a studio or are independent. Who are we to judge... we who perv? Can we sit in judgement here... I think not.

Just because a camgirls first language may not be the same as yours, that does not make it impossible to communicate... if you are bothered enough to take the time and make the effort. I have spent hours in conversation with girls from Romania and the Philippines who had a very basic grasp of English, but that in itself adds to the charm of the event. Many girls in that position know full well that it counts against them, but will be more friendly and accommodating in the long term, if the patron shows that they are willing to take the time and work with her to get a conversation started. Be prepared to meet them half way at least, but don't count them out just on the basis that they are non-English speaking... that is a fools choice.

As to blocking countries... I don't have any currently blocked on my profile... I give everyone the chance to show that they are worthwhile of my time. Its the fairest way. Sure you meet some people along the way that you don't want to see again, but that can happen in any bar or the coffee shop round the corner, so I think no differently from IRL.

I have to agree with EVERYONE! Seriously you all are making great points.
I do however understand what philly is talking about. I don't hide any countries but I always skip past an obvious studio. I have spent time in a models room that was in a studio before but not for very long because I find the set up distracting.
Usually an excess of one color and not an even remotely natural feel, they don't make me comfortable. She could be the sweetest girl in the world with the clearest cam ever and I would still be distracted by the giant pink daisy painted on the wall behind her.
There are a few things studios could do to make it better. It is not that hard to make a room look like a room instead of a backdrop at wal-mart photo shop.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JoleneJolene said:
Usually an excess of one color and not an even remotely natural feel, they don't make me comfortable. She could be the sweetest girl in the world with the clearest cam ever and I would still be distracted by the giant pink daisy painted on the wall behind her.

That's the difference between men and women; you notice the daisy, I'm checking out the 36g boobs.

Jupiter551 said:
JoleneJolene said:

That's the difference between men and women; you notice the daisy, I'm checking out the 36g boobs.

Well I rekon you are correct. I will likely see it different than most men.
Like I said, I agree with every ones point at least a little bit but calling it racism is off. It's not racism, it's taste.
After a long day of work (preferably mechanic or construction to keep my fantasy alive) some people are just looking for a comfortable place to settle. Struggling to communicate can become very frustrating. Just the same reason why people hate calling tech support for their internet service.
Some people don't want to have to work for the communication and I am one of them. I am usually pretty tired when I perv and do not have the energy for it.
Doesn't mean I have anything against that girl or can't understand why so many people like her, she just doesn't fit into my perv preferences. I will add that LovelyKitty is the cutest thing to walk the face of this earth but I rarely watch her.
Many people do not frequent my room because they don't care for tattoos. That doesn't make them ignorant, just aware of what they are looking for.

For the most part the studios are doing the same thing over and over as far as color, style and decor. The thing that drives me away from a studio room faster than anything is all of the little cutesy toys and dolls and doll houses.. some things to a degree can be overlooked but if I am going to be perving on someone, I want that someone to be old enough to know what perving is. :twocents-02cents:

Hey! Please don't kill me for being completelly off-topic :pray:

I've been on mfc for just a couple of months and things aren't going so well... I feel like I could do much better but I'm not :crybaby: . So,to get to the point, I was wondering if someone, member or model, would like to help me out a little. Please don't send me to another topic, I've read loooots on all kinds of forums. I'd like to have a conversation with someone that knows mfc much better than me, explain him/her what's not going on well and maybe he/she can give me some advices.

Thank you ~~

Jupiter551 said:
Phillyfan252 said:

Not at all, I read your post and I'm aware you answered some of the points I raised - I was giving my opinion on them and asking for clarification.

A girl being a "girl next door" is a fantasy - you know it's not true, I don't see the difference between using your imagination to think a girl at home is an "amateur" is any different to using it to imagine the same thing about a girl in a studio.

In point of fact, most girls who work from home are far more professional and experienced than studio girls because they've had to set everything up themselves and make a conscious effort to get into this line of work - some studio girls think they're coming in for a marketing job til they arrive and find out otherwise.

It's ironic that you paint me as being intolerant in the last part of your post, when you're the one blocking entire continents due to stereotypes lol.

After reading this thread I'm not really sure what your point is, it does kind of seem you're just arguing and nit picking everything dude is saying. Who cares what he does? I know tons of members who block certain countries for whatever reason. If he doesn't like studios, he definitely wouldn't be the first member, and I would bet be in the majority. To me it seemed he was pretty clear on why he does what he does and it's you who keeps going on about how what he does doesn't make sense or is dumb or whatever. Let it go.

Recovery5 said:
After reading this thread I'm not really sure what your point is, it does kind of seem you're just arguing and nit picking everything dude is saying. Who cares what he does? I know tons of members who block certain countries for whatever reason. If he doesn't like studios, he definitely wouldn't be the first member, and I would bet be in the majority. To me it seemed he was pretty clear on why he does what he does and it's you who keeps going on about how what he does doesn't make sense or is dumb or whatever. Let it go.

My point was that blocking entire countries, much less continents, is ignorance at best. At worst it's bigotry.

Thankyou for your post bitching about me bitching about him bitching. :clap:

Jupiter551 said:
My point was that blocking entire countries, much less continents, is ignorance at best. At worst it's bigotry.

Well, once we've gotten down to name calling, we know who has lost the argument. Ignorance? I block North America because I'm ignorant, or worse, bigoted? Maybe I just hate myself. Actually, I don't even block NA all the time. It doesn't much matter, as I spend around 95% of my time with my friends list.

The reasons these filters exist is to allow members to narrow the large number of models to a smaller number members believe they might find most entertaining. That's all. There's no need to call people names.

Jupiter551 said:
Recovery5 said:

My point was that someone who does things differently than I do is ignorant at best, at worst a bigot

Thankyou for your post bitching about me bitching about him bitching. :clap:

Fixed your comment for you.

Seriously man - grow up. Some likes blondes, some like brunettes, some like US girls, some like Romanians, some don't like studios, some don't care, some like skinny girls, some like meat on the bones. Your comment just makes you seem super self absorbed and close minded.

Recovery5 said:
Seriously man - grow up. Some likes blondes, some like brunettes, some like US girls, some like Romanians, some don't like studios, some don't care, some like skinny girls, some like meat on the bones. Your comment just makes you seem super self absorbed and close minded.

Oh okay, so generalising about whether or not an entire continent are in studios, are skinny/curvy, blonde or brunette isn't ignorant?

Likewise, dismissing someone based solely on their nationality isn't bigotry right?

Jupiter551 said:
Recovery5 said:

Oh okay, so generalising about whether or not an entire continent are in studios, are skinny/curvy, blonde or brunette isn't ignorant?

Read the thread and posts again - No one made that big of a generalization, not even Phillyfan, you're just trying to turn it into that.

Likewise, dismissing someone based solely on their nationality isn't bigotry right?

When people use the filters, they are trying to narrow the search for what they like. They aren't being ignorant and they aren't being a bigot. Are all the people who go to the Asian page ignorant and a bigot because they are then dismissing the US, Canada, Australian, European, etc etc models? No, they are just focusing on something they like.

I have to back my fellow citizen of Hell aka Phoenix, AZ on this. I block all regions outside of North America, the UK and Australia. Why? Because those are where I find the girls that I like to watch the most. And I don't like watching studio girls and the overwhelming majority of studios are in the blocked regions.

If that makes me a bigot; then fine, I'm a bigot. But as Sevrin said, it's about who each member finds the most entertaining to them. Sometimes, that means blocking regions because he/she can't find anyone in that region that fits his/her criteria for "entertaining."

For the record, I never called anyone a bigot.

I said blocking a continent is at worst bigotry.

So in the first case I was referencing the behaviour rather than calling names, and secondly blocking a large area based on pre-conceived ideas is potentially motivated by a subtle form of bigotry.

As for ignorance...I can hardly think of a finer example than making assumptions about people you have never even seen (because you blocked them).

Recovery5 said:
Are all the people who go to the Asian page ignorant and a bigot because they are then dismissing the US, Canada, Australian, European, etc etc models?

Not at all, visitors to the Asian homepage are not blocking US/Aust etc, which would be an active and conscious dismissal as we're discussing, they're just forced to choose one or the other at any given time, if all the models were displayed on the same page and they had the opportunity to block regions they didn't want to see - that would be a comparable situation.

Whether or not the Asian homepage is partly a product of racism itself is another kettle of fish and one that has been debated previously.

Jupiter551 said:
For the record, I never called anyone a bigot.

I said blocking a continent is at worst bigotry.

So in the first case I was referencing the behaviour rather than calling names, and secondly blocking a large area based on pre-conceived ideas is potentially motivated by a subtle form of bigotry.

As for ignorance...I can hardly think of a finer example than making assumptions about people you have never even seen (because you blocked them).

Recovery5 said:
Are all the people who go to the Asian page ignorant and a bigot because they are then dismissing the US, Canada, Australian, European, etc etc models?

Not at all, visitors to the Asian homepage are not blocking US/Aust etc, which would be an active and conscious dismissal as we're discussing, they're just forced to choose one or the other at any given time, if all the models were displayed on the same page and they had the opportunity to block regions they didn't want to see - that would be a comparable situation.

Whether or not the Asian homepage is partly a product of racism itself is another kettle of fish and one that has been debated previously.

LOL, holy shit you're still going on about this, do you have some MFC crush that's a studio cam model in one of the countries I blocked or something? Ok mr. politically correct, if you think the MAJORITY of models in the countries I hide are NOT in a studio and do NOT struggle with English you are living in a fantasy land. But props to you good sir for making a stand! Telling us how it's wrong to hide certain models based on location! It is just complete IGNORANCE to make an assumption that most models from a non english speaking country likely won't speak english well, or that a country where the vast majority are in studios may be in a studio! I'm sure you're the hero to every model that is an exception to those correct assumptions.

Now time to be ignorant again as I go back on mfc and look through my filtered model list.........

Status
Not open for further replies.