AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why So Many Silent Viewers on CB and MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically... most of the time nobody cares. Most members tend to concentrate on their own business in a room and leave everyone else to their own jam.:nod:

It's never a good idea to berate other members in a room, nor try to cheerlead them on. Members like to tip (or not!) at their own pace. They do not need another member telling them how and when to spend. Remember... it's NOT your room, so it's not your job to try to extract tips from the resident audience. It often has the reverse effect and members will just sit on their hands and wait till the offending guy clams up or goes away. Don't be "that guy".

:cool:

Yep, this. Also, what's to say that some of us aren't privately tipping the model? CB doesn't allow it, as far as I know. But, with MFC, I can tip silently. So, no one but her would know if I've been tipping. And, I also keep my token and point bonus hidden.

I guess my point is that the busy/chatty rooms are like that for a reason.

Yep, those are the ones I actually enjoy most of the time. I actively participate in some of the top model rooms, taking part in the conversation and tipping as I feel. Most of the models in these room don't call out new people entering the room. They will welcome someone i that person says "Hi", tips, etc. Just because of how busy it gets. But, there's also been a couple of times where I pop into the room, and am purchasing tokens and I'm hearing my name being called out before I get a chance to get tokens to do a tip "hello". I've also been PM'd by said top models when I log in, and sit in the main page to purchase tokens.

On the flip side, it's sometimes nice to visit some of the models who don't have a lot of people in their room. Not because of more attention from them. But, I think some of the less popular models are just as nice as the top ones. But, to Frank's point, I find these models are typically the ones with the little pink aliens in them. /

I don't talk in the chat rooms because trying to have a conversation while hundreds of people are reading it puts me off. I'm not into the group thing, bonding with other viewers or meaningless small talk... I want to talk to the models one-on-one (via PM - usually to discuss a private chat) or not at all. I have nothing to say to the other people in the chat room. But then again, for this reason I don't often visit group chat sites like MFC or CB, so I'm not really one of those "silent viewers".

Reactions: rstanton
What do you see as the value of grey users? Have many of those ever become tippers for you, after chatting with you?

The models i help with modding i strongly advise to allow them to talk not all greys are show me begging freeloading idiots there are greys that can really contribute to the room atmosphere by chatting, making jokes etc..... plus when colors are silent they can still help the performer to pass time without going crazy by the silence.
Plus if a room allows greys to talk there will come more which means more people i the room, higher listing, more chance for tips and ofcourse the famous followerscount.

Also, what's to say that some of us aren't privately tipping the model?

Absolutely. When I'm new to a room I will only tip privately the first couple times I'm there. That way the model knows I'm there and not just freeloading. It's my way of just seeing if I'm compatible with a room. If I like the chat or tone of the room I come back, if I don't then I don't come back, but in either case the model at least know I was contributing. There's been plenty of times where a regular will call me out by name specifically and try and bust my chops for not tipping. That's an instant "exit and never to return" for me. Tells me everything I needed to know about that room. Regulars are a FANTASTIC thing to a room, until they start to think it's their business to run. That only ever ends up costing the model in the long run. ;)

As for the ones that don't talk and aren't contributing in ANY way, I've always wondered why even bother to log in. They're just a guest at that point.

Reactions: rstanton
QUOTE="WickedTouch, post: 951992, member: 3562"]Realistically... most of the time nobody cares. Most members tend to concentrate on their own business in a room and leave everyone else to their own jam.:nod:

It's never a good idea to berate other members in a room, nor try to cheerlead them on. Members like to tip (or not!) at their own pace. They do not need another member telling them how and when to spend. Remember... it's NOT your room, so it's not your job to try to extract tips from the resident audience. It often has the reverse effect and members will just sit on their hands and wait till the offending guy clams up or goes away. Don't be "that guy".

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes to this. I just made a comment about I used to do this at one time. For me personally, It feels bad being the cheerleader, bad for the new entering viewers seeing the asking of tips, bad for the current viewers especially if the chat is not moving to clear the encouragement spam , and most likely will irritate the model that its being pointed out.

In my opinion and limited experience, It takes time to learn this dynamic.

Speaking from my own experiences only, It also goes against a base instinct (of a man) to get things done and "take care" of the model. It's often best to remain quiet and let things progress naturally. Forcing encouragement is like telling a tenager to do something when they were already going to do it. It often ends up in rebellion (not tipping or chatting) for lack of a better word.

It was a difficult concept for me to overcome, but time, effort and results changed my mind. You are spot on.

As a model, I have a lot of compassion for lurkers! When I'm on forums or in chat rooms, I tend to be the person who feels shy about participating, but appreciates everything going on. I'm not saying that's the way it is for every silent user, but I try to hold space for that possibility.

Also, when I perv around MFC, I definitely feel an obligation to make conversation with a model if I'm one of the only ones sitting in her room - but sometimes I feel uncomfortable with the pressure so I flee :D

Of course, when I'm the one on cam, I sooo appreciate when people talk to me :) But I don't try and put pressure on anyone to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.