AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would you be willing to date a guy who wasn't into watching or following sports?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you be willing to date a guy who wasn't into watching or following sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After one hockey obsessed man I try to only date these types of guys.

I like when guys are into sports, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

Not being into sports or video games would be a plus to me. I think the only hobby type things I care that a dude has are reading and playing an instrument that is not the bass.

Reactions: Fatquack
Didn't realize liking sports was a quality women looked for, always understood it as just a thing a lot of guys like.

Didn't realize liking sports was a quality women looked for, always understood it as just a thing a lot of guys like.
I used to go to a sports bar every Sunday for football and watch all the hockey games at home; to me it’s like any other time-consuming hobby, it’s fun if your partner enjoys it too. Now I’m less hardcore but I still find dudes getting emotional about sports kind of hot, haha. If I dated a big sports fan, I’d likely get back into watching them.

Reactions: MDouble00
It's funny, I don't think about it, but all the guys I've been with have been super into sports. Particularly football.

I'm not really into them in any way besides socially, but I find it really attractive in a man. I don't know why.

It's not a deal breaker if he's into sports, but most of my boyfriends have been jocks who played in HS and what not.

I don't like watching sports myself, as I think it's more a waste of time than anything else (why does an NFL game take almost four hours to play a 60 minute game?!). But, I will admit to watching a game if it's for a social event such as work party and they provide the tickets, or a get together with friends and watch it one TV.

I prefer to do, rather than watch others do.

100000% I'm not into sports at all and I don't go for jock type guys. It's actually a little bit of a turn off for me when a guy is super into sports.

Now, if he wasn't a gamer that may be a bit of a deal breaker :giggle:

A disinterest in sports is a quality that I look for. After dating a guy who had ESPN on 24/7 (yes, even while we were sleeping) I have decided it's not an activity I can make myself enjoy. Also, come fantasy football time it is so annoying to hear someone go on and on about how they are winning. No. You're not winning. The players you chose are winning. You're eating a sandwich.

Also, come fantasy football time it is so annoying to hear someone go on and on about how they are winning. No. You're not winning. The players you chose are winning. You're eating a sandwich.
We should have a MFC (Fantasy Camming League) on here. Choose your team. Points scored based on +/- position changes on Miss MFC every month. You would definitely be my first pick @AwesomeKate

#NotWinning
#EatingASandwich

:)

I'm not a big sports fan, and have never dated one.

I would date someone not into sports definitely over someone into them. I don't know if this is elsewhere too, but in the UK we get a "lad" mentality when it comes to sport which often comes with sexist and aggressive behaviour towards men and women, so while I have no issue in men who enjoy playing sports or watching them every now and then, the character traits that come with religious sport watching are not ones I enjoy in a partner. My housemate (female) loves watching football and is a huge supporter and says she has trouble dating guys who like football as a lot of them feel put out or like she's impinging on their hobby, or even treat her like she must be lying. There is definitely a culture there which isn't so much genuine love of the sport, but love of the bro bonding time. I have never seriously gone out with a guy who "watches sport", and there is a reason for that! I don't have anything against the activity, just clearly the types who do so.

Playing sports is actually pretty attractive though, it shows levels of fitness and interest in keeping them up, interest in a hobby, proactiveness, teamwork and often a feeling of community.
Watching sports is completely different, how attractive is it really for a person to watch television religiously in a sense that they will put it above their personal lives? If you're watching it in the pub, then how attractive is a person who spends huge amounts of time in the pub with other people who spend lots of time in a pub? Maybe to people who also enjoy those sorts of activities, but unless you like them, then it's not really a big deal, or could be seen as an unattractive trait.

Literally the only sports I like are rugby and soccer, and even then I can live without them in my life. I don't care about sportsball, and now that I think about it the vast majority of the guys I've dated haven't cared about it either. Which is funny considering the state I live in. Football is sacred here.

If I did date someone into sports, I'd require them to not talk about it constantly, holy fucking hell.

I would date someone not into sports definitely over someone into them. I don't know if this is elsewhere too, but in the UK we get a "lad" mentality when it comes to sport which often comes with sexist and aggressive behaviour towards men and women, so while I have no issue in men who enjoy playing sports or watching them every now and then, the character traits that come with religious sport watching are not ones I enjoy in a partner. My housemate (female) loves watching football and is a huge supporter and says she has trouble dating guys who like football as a lot of them feel put out or like she's impinging on their hobby, or even treat her like she must be lying. There is definitely a culture there which isn't so much genuine love of the sport, but love of the bro bonding time. I have never seriously gone out with a guy who "watches sport", and there is a reason for that! I don't have anything against the activity, just clearly the types who do so.

Playing sports is actually pretty attractive though, it shows levels of fitness and interest in keeping them up, interest in a hobby, proactiveness, teamwork and often a feeling of community.
Watching sports is completely different, how attractive is it really for a person to watch television religiously in a sense that they will put it above their personal lives? If you're watching it in the pub, then how attractive is a person who spends huge amounts of time in the pub with other people who spend lots of time in a pub? Maybe to people who also enjoy those sorts of activities, but unless you like them, then it's not really a big deal, or could be seen as an unattractive trait.
I once served a group of Newcastle fans, they can get from jolly funny to very violent in seconds . Alan Schirer was a childhood hero still. Bores the hell out of me now though.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Status
Not open for further replies.