AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would you kick this guy or ignore him?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I have regulars lurkers like that. I don't care. It's a free public site. Unless I get tipped, we are just gonna sit and stare at each other in silence so what do I care lol. I even started giving a few of the basic (can't chat in public) regulars free prizes. I mean, that's dedication to show up everyday like that. Then they get things for being dedicated and 9/10 I convert them to premium.

Yeah, silent lurkers might be creepy, but so is that dude at the grocery store who offered to help me push my cart and I didn't kick him. Sooo 🤷‍♀️😂 I vote let the dude stay.

I know I am arriving to the party a little late, but FYI, some greedy lurkers eventually become tippers. But if he has been visiting her on a daily basis, FOR 2 YEARS, this thing alone scares the shit out of me.
I would seriously ban him and in general I would ban this type of behaviour. A week, a month, even 2 months of silently watching it's okay. But 2 years is mind-blowing.

Reactions: MarieElise
It's not on us to care for every person down on their luck, and the expectation that because we are women we should, or there is something wrong with us (ie like we are psychopaths/ anti-social) is beyond dated and sexist.

I agree with you. Where in my response did I say anything about it being a woman's responsibility to care for people down on their luck?

Reactions: schruti
I agree with you. Where in my response did I say anything about it being a woman's responsibility to care for people down on their luck?
You didn’t but it was implied and is a common assumption that many males and some other females have. And often lays behind this bleeding heart attitude that we should tolerate anyone or anything because it’s the “nice” thing to do. What business do you know that lets disabled or mentally ill people hang out everyday for open hours, without buying anything? None. That would be ridiculous and unheard of.

So why would we as cam models be expected to do that? It couldn’t possibly be that same old entitled attitude we get from certain sexist males, rearing it’s ugly head again could it be. Na, I’m just crazy lmfao

And yeah people aren’t often conscious of the beliefs they hold. So yeah they get defensive when called on it. Feel free to explain where else this assumption that we should be responsible like that for non paying customers, down on their luck, would come from? Do you go campaign around your hometown for homeless rights or for the disabled to be able to hang out at Starbucks all day, all open hours, without purchasing or contributing? Because I highly doubt you do, but somehow it’s ok to come to a cam model forum of women and advocate / suggest / imply that we should be tolerant and trusting of that?

When you get your butt online and open a room of your own, support a family doing that, and see what it’s really like... well then I’ll take your comments about trust seriously.

Last edited:
Lol sorry for DP, but just to finish the thought...

On top of that several models and viewers expressed openly (in this very thread) that it does cause harm, because it makes us feel UNCOMFORTABLE. Your response arrogantly disregarded those disclosures completely, railroaded over, and dispensed contrary advise regardless. I found that very rude, minimizing, and tone deaf. Hence why I am pointing that out to you. Respect. If you want it back, give it. 2 way street.

THE END

You didn’t but it was implied and is a common assumption that many males and some other females have. And often lays behind this bleeding heart attitude that we should tolerate anyone or anything because it’s the “nice” thing to do. What business do you know that lets disabled or mentally ill people hang out everyday for open hours, without buying anything? None. That would be ridiculous and unheard of.

So why would we as cam models be expected to do that? It couldn’t possibly be that same old entitled attitude we get from certain sexist males, rearing it’s ugly head again could it be. Na, I’m just crazy lmfao

And yeah people aren’t often conscious of the beliefs they hold. So yeah they get defensive when called on it. Feel free to explain where else this assumption that we should be responsible like that for non paying customers, down on their luck, would come from? Do you go campaign around your hometown for homeless rights or for the disabled to be able to hang out at Starbucks all day, all open hours, without purchasing or contributing? Because I highly doubt you do, but somehow it’s ok to come to a cam model forum of women and advocate / suggest / imply that we should be tolerant and trusting of that?

When you get your butt online and open a room of your own, support a family doing that, and see what it’s really like... well then I’ll take your comments about trust seriously.

Talk about making assumptions... Nothing was implied. All I said was I'd leave them alone. Now suddenly I'm an entitled sexist? The point about them possibly being disabled was just to say, we often assume the worst about people but we don't ever really know what someone else is dealing with. Maybe he's a creep or maybe he's just shy. Or maybe a thousand other possibilities. We don't know. That's all I was trying to say. If the guy makes you uncomfortable then kick him out of course.

Reactions: schruti
Talk about making assumptions... Nothing was implied. All I said was I'd leave them alone. Now suddenly I'm an entitled sexist? The point about them possibly being disabled was just to say, we often assume the worst about people but we don't ever really know what someone else is dealing with. Maybe he's a creep or maybe he's just shy. Or maybe a thousand other possibilities. We don't know. That's all I was trying to say. If the guy makes you uncomfortable then kick him out of course.
I get where both of you are coming from and both have really valid points. As women, its is in our best interest to be overly cautious.

That said, when I first started on CB, there was a free member who lurked ay my shows. That was over 2 years ago and he still hardly ever misses my shows. He is a shy quadraplegic and he's absolutely amazing. One of my Bffs, switches sites for me, watches netflix with me, and I honestly would be heartbroken if he wasn't there. I send him cookies at Christmas and talk to this mom. We tiiiight.

THAT said, if I had reached out and tried a couple times and he still sat silent, I'd ignore him completely and be done. Cuz I'm not trying to stress or question.

If there are lurkers in my room, I'm usually not that aware of it and don't really want to be. I tend to ignore the room list and just focus on friends who come in. Ultimately, it falls on the model and what she is comfortable with.

So this is weird...

This model for the last 2 weeks keeps getting "chat disconnected" and she is needing to reupload her ID, this happens basically once every 2 or 3 days.
I have noticed when this guy (his name is dml) is there in the room, when the "chat disconnected", the user list will no longer show the model in the room, it has "0 anonymous" and all other greys and colours are removed too, INCLUDING my own name. BUT when this "dml" guy is there his name always stays in the user list...

Is that weird and suspicious or some random thing that is fine?

So this is weird...

This model for the last 2 weeks keeps getting "chat disconnected" and she is needing to reupload her ID, this happens basically once every 2 or 3 days.

What do you mean by her needing to "reupload her ID"? Why would that have any connection to a chat disconnection message? Are you saying CB is taking away broadcasting rights and asking her to reupload age verification every two to three days? Or are you trying to say she needs to restart her broadcast?

I have noticed when this guy (his name is dml) is there in the room, when the "chat disconnected", the user list will no longer show the model in the room, it has "0 anonymous" and all other greys and colours are removed too, INCLUDING my own name. BUT when this "dml" guy is there his name always stays in the user list...

Is that weird and suspicious or some random thing that is fine?

So let me get this right. When "dml" is in the room the user list is empty except for dml? He is the only item appearing in the room?

Mark the time before it happens and screenshot the viewer list.
Mark the time when it is happening and screenshot the viewer list.

Send the times (with your timezone noted) and the images to CB support and indicate that you have a concern the room may be getting hacked.

This definitely looks wrong. What would happen if she temporarily banned him from the room while it is happening?

What do you mean by her needing to "reupload her ID"? Why would that have any connection to a chat disconnection message? Are you saying CB is taking away broadcasting rights and asking her to reupload age verification every two to three days? Or are you trying to say she needs to restart her broadcast?

So let me get this right. When "dml" is in the room the user list is empty except for dml? He is the only item appearing in the room?

Mark the time before it happens and screenshot the viewer list.
Mark the time when it is happening and screenshot the viewer list.

Send the times (with your timezone noted) and the images to CB support and indicate that you have a concern the room may be getting hacked.

This definitely looks wrong. What would happen if she temporarily banned him from the room while it is happening?

If you are in a model's room and if, for any reason, she is suspended/banned, it will say "Chat Disconnected" in the public chat and then her broadcast ends.
All users in the user list will be removed and it will show as blank/empty.

In the past 2 weeks, she has, for whatever reason, had this happen to her probably 5 or 6 times. "Chat Disconnected" and then her stream is ended and it shows her as offline. She is usually back within 10 minutes, but it's the same thing every time - she has to upload her ID again to verify (she has been a model since about 2015). The first time it happened, I emailed her to ask what had happened and why she had been banned (did they give a reason? and she replied that she had to upload her ID). Each time she has returned I have asked if it's the same problem and she has said yes. She, I and no one else understands why she verifies it, it gets approved, then the next few days she is banned/suspended again and has to repeat the whole process.

I have noticed that when that user who is always in her room (dml) is there when she gets temporarily banned and says "chat disconnected", and then everyone else is no longer in the user list, his name always remains there in the list. When the model has this happens, if you're in the room and don't refresh, you can stay in the room (al bots, stream etc stops and users get "kicked" from the list). If anything, it should be my own name in the list that I can see, not his or anyone else's.

Edit:
For the record and clarity sake, I am not suggesting "dml" has anything to do with her being banned and needing to verify her ID again (after all he has been going to her room for a few years and this has only started to happen a coupe of weeks ago)

If you are in a model's room and if, for any reason, she is suspended/banned, it will say "Chat Disconnected" in the public chat and then her broadcast ends.
All users in the user list will be removed and it will show as blank/empty.
Okay, we are in the Twilight Zone here. I get this message frequently enough. But then I just refresh the browser page and everything works again. I have never had this correspond to a model being banned while I watch her.

When this happens, and you go to her CB profile, it says "This account has been banned"?

In the past 2 weeks, she has, for whatever reason, had this happen to her probably 5 or 6 times. "Chat Disconnected" and then her stream is ended and it shows her as offline. She is usually back within 10 minutes, but it's the same thing every time - she has to upload her ID again to verify (she has been a model since about 2015). The first time it happened, I emailed her to ask what had happened and why she had been banned (did they give a reason? and she replied that she had to upload her ID). Each time she has returned I have asked if it's the same problem and she has said yes. She, I and no one else understands why she verifies it, it gets approved, then the next few days she is banned/suspended again and has to repeat the whole process.
Assuming she really needs to reupload her ID, I can't believe that CB would ever process that so reliably within 10 minutes. I also cannot believe that CB would ever delegate age documentation to any kind of automated approval process. So what actually is going on here? It doesn't sound right.

I have noticed that when that user who is always in her room (dml) is there when she gets temporarily banned and says "chat disconnected", and then everyone else is no longer in the user list, his name always remains there in the list. When the model has this happens, if you're in the room and don't refresh, you can stay in the room (al bots, stream etc stops and users get "kicked" from the list). If anything, it should be my own name in the list that I can see, not his or anyone else's.

Edit:
For the record and clarity sake, I am not suggesting "dml" has anything to do with her being banned and needing to verify her ID again (after all he has been going to her room for a few years and this has only started to happen a coupe of weeks ago)
You don't have to accuse him of anything to just document the events. And you can suggest to CB in your message that it feels like the room might be getting hacked, without accusing the only user who remains in the user list of doing the hacking.

This guy was a good tipper, but I think he fell in love with me or something and he only wanted all my attention to him, and he started to be rude with all the people who entered in my room. At the end he started to blackmailed me saying that I only use him for money.

Dude you're are in a webcam site where you need to paid money for attention. I ended kick him out from my room and I banned his user name.

Yesterday at night he entered to my room with another account just for write this. Why people do this?

IMG_1221.jpeg

• Hugs
Reactions: rockin_rod
This is a very simple scenario, but a model I visit has this one guy who sits in her room literally from the moment she comes online to the moment she leaves.
She is not with a studio and it's not anyone she knows. She has never had any interaction with this guy, he has never tipped her and never taken her for a private show. He has never spoken a word in public, nor in PM to her.

Is it just me or does that seem suspicious? Maybe it's just because I am aware of bots recording and real humans recording shows but does it come across to you all that this is most likely something he is doing?

Technically he has done nothing "wrong" that the model is aware of, yet he does nothing "right" (talk, tip, etc).

I asked her today and she says he has been visiting her for at least about 2 years. So, if he does this for 2 years every day, that is a bit weird and suspicious, right?
Maybe it's my paranoid brain, I am not sure - hence me coming to ask for opinions.

And, would you kick/ban the person, or leave them be? In no way is he contributing to her.
sounds like your basic lurker. lurkers gonna lurk. it can be annoying af but i wouldn't block unless his presence is agitating her THAT much.

Status
Not open for further replies.