AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would you kick this guy or ignore him?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
This is a very simple scenario, but a model I visit has this one guy who sits in her room literally from the moment she comes online to the moment she leaves.
She is not with a studio and it's not anyone she knows. She has never had any interaction with this guy, he has never tipped her and never taken her for a private show. He has never spoken a word in public, nor in PM to her.

Is it just me or does that seem suspicious? Maybe it's just because I am aware of bots recording and real humans recording shows but does it come across to you all that this is most likely something he is doing?

Technically he has done nothing "wrong" that the model is aware of, yet he does nothing "right" (talk, tip, etc).

I asked her today and she says he has been visiting her for at least about 2 years. So, if he does this for 2 years every day, that is a bit weird and suspicious, right?
Maybe it's my paranoid brain, I am not sure - hence me coming to ask for opinions.

And, would you kick/ban the person, or leave them be? In no way is he contributing to her.

Does he have to be "in" the room to record, if that's what he is doing?

I guess no, he could be a guest but then he would hear the ding ding ding from his end and can't turn it off or the volume down, so I think guys would login just for that.

Does the model do the same hours every week? Maybe it's someone like a security monitor who has several screens to watch over and he likes having her there for company, but can't interact (or maybe just doesn't want to pay)

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
No, she varies for when she is on, never a set time except for "about" (about 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and will randomly have days off).
He may not be doing anything untoward, I think that was just my own paranoid mind, but I was curious if guys like this annoy models if they don't ever interact in any sense of the word, meaning talking or tipping or having a private show.

Not sure if it's relevant but he is a light blue so he has at some point bought tokens, maybe he has his colour hidden and tips other models.
The model actually told me (when I asked who he is) she has seen him in another model's room before at the same time he is in hers. SO this was another thing that just makes it feel a bit more unusual and sketchy, or whatever you wish to call it.

To have guys in your room every minute of every day you're online, with NO interaction, doesn't it bother/frustrate models? Maybe it bothers me more than models.. I dunno haha.

Reactions: EvaMoon
This is a very simple scenario, but a model I visit has this one guy who sits in her room literally from the moment she comes online to the moment she leaves.
She is not with a studio and it's not anyone she knows. She has never had any interaction with this guy, he has never tipped her and never taken her for a private show. He has never spoken a word in public, nor in PM to her.

Is it just me or does that seem suspicious? Maybe it's just because I am aware of bots recording and real humans recording shows but does it come across to you all that this is most likely something he is doing?

Technically he has done nothing "wrong" that the model is aware of, yet he does nothing "right" (talk, tip, etc).

I asked her today and she says he has been visiting her for at least about 2 years. So, if he does this for 2 years every day, that is a bit weird and suspicious, right?
Maybe it's my paranoid brain, I am not sure - hence me coming to ask for opinions.

And, would you kick/ban the person, or leave them be? In no way is he contributing to her.
I would block. I don’t mind people who lurk quietly for the most part, but 2 years? Every shift? Fuck no, that would scare me. I’d be worried he was a serial killer.

Totally agree that it feels creepy.
In the CB room where I moderate, I see very similar scenarios - the same names, in all colours, and on every occasion I am there, they never participate in chat or tip.
On occasion, I have tried to engage with these silent regulars in chat, but they never reply.
My friend does not mind their presence, and so they stay. I think if she kicked all the 'sitters' who have never tipped, there would probably only be 10-15 users in the room at any time, and she averages maybe 300-400. I'm often the only tipper, and have wondered if that helps her or hurts her.
Those kicked would include all colours, and also a few of her other Mods...... but that's another story.
For me, the experience of being in a room is all about the interactions - the chat, the tipping, the involvement with the model. And so I do not understand how someone could just passively watch every show for months, years, and still feel connected. But I try not to think about what other folk are doing in the room, and focus on my own involvement, tips and enjoyment.

I'm sure the top models on CB must have dozens of followers who watch every show and never interact or tip. They would have to appoint a full time mod to keep track of them and ban them. It seems like the majority of people on CB don't tip or interact. What frustrates me is when I see several dark purples come into the room of one of my favorite models and not tip.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I'm sure the top models on CB must have dozens of followers who watch every show and never interact or tip. They would have to appoint a full time mod to keep track of them and ban them. It seems like the majority of people on CB don't tip or interact. What frustrates me is when I see several dark purples come into the room of one of my favorite models and not tip.
My not be all that well known, but on CB, Mods can't ban, only silence, so that doesn't prevent someone watching throughout the show. And as a mod, I would only ever silence a spammer or someone clearly breaking the site or model's rules. And someone who doesn't join in chat is not going to shine a light on themselves to attract silencing.

On the purples (even blues), it can feel frustrating on behalf of the model if they don't tip, but ultimately it's nobody's business but the user's and the model's.
I know of a few examples where someone has called out such a viewer in chat, only to be flamed by other regulars, or even banned by the model; once it was because the guy was also logged in on another site and tipping there, but due to video lag/buffering issues, was watching the feed on the first site. Another example was a long-time regular high tipper who had some short-term financial issues, and had told the model.

So while it can seem one thing at face value, it may be quite different. Doesn't stop us speculating and judging sometimes. But I learned a long time ago to leave it up to the model.

Reactions: EvaMoon and NotYou
i have had the same problem for years. I have 3-5 users who are in the room with me almost every time I'm online. after a while you know your free users who never write. sometimes I write to the user in pm. what is your job with me in the chat? if there is no answer after a while ..... i write that i don't need any decoration on my side. then i kick this user out of my room. a short time later, I unlock this user. when the user comes back to my room without writing anything or the like. I kick him out of my room for 1 week.
I sort the users by token. and mostly it's always users who have a lot of tokens and never type anything.

Ahhhh the light purples and dark purples who sit in your room and never tip OR tip 1 or 2 tokens per week (and I LITERALLY mean just 1 or 2 tks).
But then you see them tipping hundreds or thousands in another room, yet they are spending the entire 4, 5, 6, 7 or more hours with you in your room.

It's a difficult decision for a model I can understand, kick these guys or not. Even more so if you have users sorted by token count and you can see they have tokens on their account but are clearly not tipping you but instead, they are obviously waiting for another (or other) models/s to come online so they can start tipping lots to.

No model wants to only have a few greys and anonymous in their room and all want coloured names in the room.
I know with some models it can truly depend on how much of a bad day or week they have had, and how pissed off they are due to these tippers that are freeloaders.

The only times I personally won't tip a model when I have "tokens" is when 1) I am planning to take her pvt, or 2) When I literally only have 10 or less token (personally I feel it's an insult to tip so few, so I keep them just as "extra" read for another pvt/show, OR for if I may need to use a tipnote for a model).

Edit:
On Stripchat there is one model I think is amazing and do spend time with, she seems to have s few guys come to her watch her and then they are clearly in other rooms and tipping other models. They don't have their token balance hidden, so the model can see that they are in her room but tipping other models. This scenario must always be frustrating for any model. The thing that makes it worse is, she tries to PM them to make them speak, so she can ban them because Stipchat doesn't allow you to just kick/ban a user if they never speak to you. But there are always scenarios (such as this) where you can find a "kick" as a solution.

Yeah, two years of that is ridiculous. For me it would've resulted in a couple kicks, and then eventually a ban. And that would've happened waaay before it got to the point of two years.

I get annoyed when I keep seeing the same members camping out in my room for a while (Or hiding in the PM Viewer like they think I don't see them...lol) and never saying hi. It especially bugs me when it's members who have a lot of tokens visible in their account. It makes me think Oh, so I'm good enough for you to lurk my room this often, but not good enough to get even a 10-token tip, huh? Some of them are probably killing time in my room until their favorite model/s come online (And that's probably who they're saving their tokens for).....

It costs nothing to be friendly. And I feel like if members are gonna do this (Watch a model with no intention of tipping or chatting at all), they should just log out and watch the model in guest/anonymous mode. That way, they're not logged in to their member account, and the model won't have to see them lurking her room every damn day under the name RichNiceGuy. 🙄😂 But a lot of these members obviously couldn't care less about chat room etiquette.

IMO, If the guy had been lurking for a couple of weeks then maybe that could be seen as being annoying, but perving free for 2 years, now that is just taking the piss! Next time he appears, the model could try and engage with him... just say hi for example... and if she gets nothing back then I think it's time to apply le boot! He has had waaay long enough to chat / tip / engage.

Send in the bunny!!!!

buniban.gif

:rock::rock::rock:

You could test to see if it is a programmatic user. Try to start her broadcast without announcing to anyone, and put up a still image that says she is testing settings and will not broadcast for a few hours. In that situation no one gets notified she is online, and the real humans who see the image will probably stay out of the room except for an occasional quick peek. If Charlie Robot shows up immediately and stays that is likely programmatic behavior.

Another possible test would be to perma-ban the viewer and then two days later undo the ban. Does the viewer immediately appear again? A real human would have realized there was a ban and not come back as often. A program does not care and just keeps trying to come back. So if that viewer immediately appears as soon as the ban is lifted, that looks like a program not a human.

In the end, assuming she bans, the stalker robot will just be replaced with a different anonymous viewer, but I guess she can keep kicking those out and play cat and mouse with them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Usually, when I see members like this one, I start by first kicking him out of the room to see if it gets a reaction. Some members complain and then we can start a conversation. If I kick them and they come back with the same behaviour I wait a little while and then I ban them. They can still come back, so many of them start complaining, if they are crazy stalkers or they talk stupid things and disturb my chat I talk to the support of the site to ban them.
But I only do these things if I feel like he is a crazy stalker, if he is just a lurker I leave him be, sometimes I even talk with my members about this and it works to animate my room.

Reactions: NotYou
If the room is quiet and I'm bored, I kick and kick and kick again. And then eventually block, because I think it annoys me that they're too clueless to figure out that they could lurk safely while logged out and anonymous...

Occasionally blocking has prompted them to message me asking why, and could I please unblock them. It's mindboggling to me.

I always make sure I tip at least one token if I'm visiting a room for more than a minute.
The problem with banning lukers can have a negative side effect depending on how many viewers they have on cb. If say u r at the bottom of the front page/top of the second then losing too many lurkers can also knock you down to further pages which ofc means that new tippers are less likely to find you. But god yeah I wish people would tip at least 1 token ech time they entered a room. What a financial difference that would make for some ladies.

Reactions: schruti
I don't really see what the problem is. Seems like a lot of distrust with nothing to base it on other than not talking. We have no idea what this person's life is like. Maybe they're handicapped or developmentally disabled. Or maybe they just don't have anything to say. But if they're not causing a disturbance, I'd just leave them alone.

I don't know, have guys that do that in my room, even if I get offline, but I need to generate traffic in my room so... who cares?

O.k at this point this creeps me out, but I never show face so the only problem could be that he could make money of his recordings and that's not cool.

Reactions: MarieElise
I don't know, have guys that do that in my room, even if I get offline, but I need to generate traffic in my room so... who cares?

O.k at this point this creeps me out, but I never show face so the only problem could be that he could make money of his recordings and that's not cool.

The people who attempt to make money from recording webcams don't have to be in the room to record. It's all automated.

If the room is quiet and I'm bored, I kick and kick and kick again. And then eventually block, because I think it annoys me that they're too clueless to figure out that they could lurk safely while logged out and anonymous...

Occasionally blocking has prompted them to message me asking why, and could I please unblock them. It's mindboggling to me.
Same. I don't mind as much if the show is moving and I have lurkers--some guys don't like to just jump right in, I get it. But when it's slow and I have like 5 guys just sitting there...staring at me? It wigs me out. Like, what are you doing? Am I just a tab you forgot you had open? Are you watching and enjoying this? When things are very slow it makes me start to wonder if guys have a fetish for watching cammodels try and fail at doing our jobs (getting tips/talking to people). I know I shouldn't take it personally but it really gets under my skin and that's when I start pulling out the "literally say hi, tip me, or I am kicking you" speech. A little dramatic? Maybe. But so far, I've not seen any negative results from it, and people who aren't lurking little shits typically empathize (and kind of hate the lurkers themselves too) so it can help. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting a little too short tempered the more time I spend camming.

I don't really see what the problem is. Seems like a lot of distrust with nothing to base it on other than not talking. We have no idea what this person's life is like. Maybe they're handicapped or developmentally disabled. Or maybe they just don't have anything to say. But if they're not causing a disturbance, I'd just leave them alone.
Yeah but you're not a model and we are running businesses not non-profits. It's not on us to care for every person down on their luck, and the expectation that because we are women we should, or there is something wrong with us (ie like we are psychopaths/ anti-social) is beyond dated and sexist.

Plus if you are not a woman nor a sex worker you have no idea the level of realistic fear we carry around with us on a daily basis, over being assaulted, doxxed, or sexually attacked by stalkers. So I mean this in the nicest possible way, but of course you don't see a problem with it. You wouldn't have the frame of reference or insight too. Although it's nice to read that some of the male viewers do.

Last edited:
Yeah but you're not a model and we are running businesses not non-profits. It's not on us to care for every person down on their luck, and the expectation that because we are women we should, or there is something wrong with us (ie like we are psychopaths/ anti-social) is beyond dated and sexist.

Plus if you are not a woman nor a sex worker you have no idea the level of realistic fear we carry around with us on a daily basis, over being assaulted, doxxed, or sexually attacked by stalkers. So I mean this in the nicest possible way, but' of course you don't see a problem with it. You wouldn't have the frame of reference or insight too. Although it's nice to read that some of the male viewers do.

Perfectly stated!

You could test to see if it is a programmatic user. Try to start her broadcast without announcing to anyone, and put up a still image that says she is testing settings and will not broadcast for a few hours. In that situation no one gets notified she is online, and the real humans who see the image will probably stay out of the room except for an occasional quick peek. If Charlie Robot shows up immediately and stays that is likely programmatic behavior.
I was in a room yesterday and left a browser window open in the room and forgot to shut it down. When I finally realized the browser window was there the model had logged out, but there was one user left - besides mine - and the account had a name very similar to "zombicam222". :wtf::eek: (I changed the account name in this case just to not even have the appearance of doxxing anyone.)

So my point is that some of these people are not even hiding the fact that they use certain accounts to programmatically record a model's show. The account name in this case tells you something about the activity. The reasons for doing that might range from totally innocent "I like this model and I do not want to miss her show, so I will play it back later" to something more sinister like recording a show to distribute on a trading network. Since a real professional would be recording the stream using an anonymous connection, you would assume that these zombie like users are not the websites that run the wholesale webcam video websites.

In any case, the above gives you another way to detect programmatic users. Leave an anonymous browser tab running after you stop your show and come back and check it after four hours. Are the accounts you are investigating still showing as active in your room?

• Helpful!
But when it's slow and I have like 5 guys just sitting there...staring at me? It wigs me out. Like, what are you doing? Am I just a tab you forgot you had open? Are you watching and enjoying this?

Always happens that to me xD. There are guys with purple color that have tipped a lot to other models, and I think exactly that xD.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.