AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would you meet IRL someone who tips you $7,000?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you meet strangers every day, hence why I said when meeting anyone always be safe. That goes for just a casual trip to the grocery store or mall too. You as a man Zoomer may not have the same thought process as a woman so yes when I go to the store alone and a man walks by me my thoughts do go to "he may hurt me." It does for a lot of women cause it's possible. It happens. Most men are harmless and arent gonna attack you but that doesn't mean you should have lax security and safety measure cause if it. All it takes is one and you being his target and that one life you have been given could be over. So as a man i'm sure it's great not to feel that danger when in public but as a woman that danger is a very real feeling and is in your thoughts. So you be diligent in knowing your surroundings, who is around you, if anyone is following you, etc. This should be done by everyone, male or female, at all times. It's basic safety I feel. By going in public you put yourself in a possibly dangerous situation. You put yourself out there and when doing that there is risk of harm coming to you from other people. Anything could happen. From rape to robbery to even just a drunk driver hitting you. So it's best just to be actively aware. There is nothing wrong with that.

Now being a model you have put yourself out there even more to potential dangers. You put yourself on display so to speak. So with doing that you should absolutely be aware when you go out of what is around you cause you not only opened yourself up to the public around you but to those of the world. That does invite even more danger potentially into your life. This is just a fact.

Now i'm not saying don't leave the house ever or walk around being paranoid freaking out every second but do protect yourself how you can. Look in the back seat before you get in the car, walk in pairs if possible, etc but this is all stuff people should be doing anyway, sex worker or not. And every person should be taking precautions when meeting a stranger whether it's from MFC or OkCupid or some random at the bar. There is never anything wrong with protecting yourself until someone proves themselves otherwise. The majority of people out there are not gonna hurt you but that does not mean trust is automatically given out.

Yeah, I think it's much different for women, as far as thought proccess go. I'll be honest, I don't leave my house alone much. Which I kind of like... I'm a homebody, but being alone out in the world is WEIRD. Everytime I step outside my house, I am sexually harassed at LEAST once. Every. Single. Time. I get catcalled, or I get seriously stared down, winked at, hollerd/yelled at, etc. It's annoying, && frustrating as shit. I honestly feel much MUCH safer when I go out, if I have someone with me. When I'm walking down the street, or out for a run, etc... If I see someone that looks creepy, or too threatening, I WILL CROSS THE FUCKING STREET. I ALWAYS make sure I am 100% sure of my surroundings, etc. Even though I wear earphones while out for a run, I make sure I am always looking at EVERYTHING, lol.

I grew up reading a SHIT TON of True Crime books, including Ann Rule, so I really feel that has helped keep my ass in check when it comes to these sorts of things. && yes, the things you listed are totally things EVERYONE should pay attention to, male or female, etc. To me, these things are habit now, like checking the backseat, etc. I have always been very OCD about making sure the car doors are locked at all times basically, because you never know who is gonna try to open your car door, etc.

Honestly I didn't expect overwhelming no-answer. Let me try to rephrase it: Would you meet IRL someone who tips you $7,000? if all the other things seem to be ok (fun, polite, etc)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SNATCH
To put context onto everything - you meet strangers every single day (unless you don't leave the house). The overwhelming majority are undoubtedly no threat and/or risk... but robbings/rapings/murders/tortures/kidnaps aren't crimes exclusive to sex workers - you face that risk every day. It's just really small.
Yes. In fact, In most cases of rape, the victim is familiar with the rapist.

I think so much of camming has to do with negotiating boundaries that work for you. Some cam models (myself included) have no problem mentioning the general region (or state, or city) where they are, some will give a country or refuse to talk about it at all. Some cam models are non-nude, some do cum shows everyday. If you feel like you can navigate an in-person date with someone from a cam site - granted you feel comfortable with this person and remember to take the proper precautions - then by all means, go for it. I think what gets dicey is when a model is more ambiguous about things like the nature of the relationship between model and regular. While it is friendly, heck even maybe somewhat intimate or intense or personal, it is still a professional relationship. I think not keeping that in mind can lend itself to issues like having varied boundaries for different regulars, which I think tends to make the whole thing way too complicated. Anyway, that's what I thought of when I read through this thread!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SNATCH and ACFFAN69
He is going to get tracked by police very fast.
That means webcam fan barely can be a rapist because of a huge risk to get exposed by authorities

Whuuuut? If you're saying that users of cam sites aren't likely to be rapists because using a cam site somehow makes it easier for the police to track them, then I think maybe you should re-assess.

I just WTF'd all over the place.

What a mess.

He is going to get tracked by police very fast.
That means webcam fan barely can be a rapist because of a huge risk to get exposed by authorities

Your theory breaks down immediately when thought is actually applied. A large number of rapists are known now and still get away with it. In the first place, many women simply do not report the crime so they get away with it right there. Then the ones who do get reported, the police don't make arrests for lack of evidence, or simple bias on the part of the police involved. When there is an arrest many of those don't go to court for lack of evidence or other factors. Then, of the few that do go to trial many of those aren't found guilty simply because of reasonable doubt.

It's rather easy to argue she wanted it or she never said no. Maybe we both went and partied and got too drunk and now she's just feeling bad the morning after about having sex... That wasn't the case, but that's all a good lawyer has to convince half the jury was the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Rape is a difficult case to win in court for prosecutors.

Even if it's a 'webcam fan' in question the real world data suggests if he chooses to rape, the odds are good he will get away with it without punishment. Your supposed huge risk is non-existent fantasy.

https://rainn.org/news-room/97-of-every-100-rapists-receive-no-punishment
Only three out of every 100 rapists will ever spend even a single day in prison, according to a new analysis by RAINN of Justice Department data. The other 97 will walk free, facing no consequences for the violent felony they have committed. Because rapists tend to be serial criminals, this leaves communities across the nation at risk of predators.

Webcam customer as a rapist stands no chance to get along with it
Well then. If we can convince every woman to get naked on cam, we should have rape wiped out within the decade. I plan to do my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.