AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

X-Box ONE

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DuoSher said:
I'm having fun with my Xbox so far. Good purchase, IMO.

Same here. Been using the voice commands like a BOSS. And originally I didn't even want the Kinect. Now, I can't imagine using the controller to navigate everything. And fast switching is real nice. Also the auto sign in of people is nice, too, if they have an account on the XBO and Kinect sees them... bloop! Signed in at the same time.

Not all the voice commands work all the time, but it works more often than not.

Reactions: DuoShi
UncleThursday said:
DuoSher said:
I'm having fun with my Xbox so far. Good purchase, IMO.

Same here. Been using the voice commands like a BOSS. And originally I didn't even want the Kinect. Now, I can't imagine using the controller to navigate everything. And fast switching is real nice. Also the auto sign in of people is nice, too, if they have an account on the XBO and Kinect sees them... bloop! Signed in at the same time.

Not all the voice commands work all the time, but it works more often than not.

Some of the voice commands don't work as easy, but it helps me enunciate my words better. At least, I get that much of that. I was also in the not wanting Kinect boat, but it's well worth the cost now. I haven't managed to get the Kinect to auto sign me in yet though. A tad annoying.

I found the Kinect was acting really stupid with 3 people in the room. It would fixate on one person's hand even if they weren't anywhere near the front of the tv/cam area (i.e. my friend standing in our kitchen was the "controller" while I or Jawbs was standing right in the center of the zone.)

I'm a little bit disappointed in it overall. Some of the stuff, especially the interface (it's honestly a confusing clusterfuck, IMO) was left very unpolished before launch. It feels like they rushed it to get it out. The amount of demos available also blow. I think there were.... 0 available. Same amount of trailers available.

Lamesauce.

I picked up Just Dance. I wish it was Dance Central.

AmberCutie said:
I found the Kinect was acting really stupid with 3 people in the room. It would fixate on one person's hand even if they weren't anywhere near the front of the tv/cam area (i.e. my friend standing in our kitchen was the "controller" while I or Jawbs was standing right in the center of the zone.)

I'm a little bit disappointed in it overall. Some of the stuff, especially the interface (it's honestly a confusing clusterfuck, IMO) was left very unpolished before launch. It feels like they rushed it to get it out. The amount of demos available also blow. I think there were.... 0 available. Same amount of trailers available.

Given how many times they completely redid the Xbox 360 interface, I'm sure it will look completely different in a few years. (Still lots of places to stick ads afterall, LOL.)

But they really need to make the Kinect not freak out when there are people around or it will be completely unusable during parties, in dorm lounges, etc.

Reactions: AmberCutie
AmberCutie said:

Lamesauce.

I picked up Just Dance. I wish it was Dance Central.

Xbox Fitness is free to DL, though some stuff is free with Gold and other stuff does need to be purchased within it. It has a mix of P90X and that Jillian chick from The Biggest Loser doing workout stuff.

The Xbox One interface can be a bit annoying to work with, yes, especially if you don't pin items you use a lot. That's why the voice commands work well for downloaded games. All I say is Xbox Go To (Killer Instinct, Battlefield 4 or Crimson Dragon, the three games I downloaded, or Xbox Fitness) and I'm in the game. Same goes for any app. Even though it is very Windows 8 based, it really seems like voice commands were the primary feature that want people to use for navigation.

The thing that does annoy me with Kinect, though, is I'll be smoking a cig, and it thinks I'm trying to do gestures. It would be nice if they had a setting to disable gesture commands except in games that require them, like the dancing games.

Have to admit, though... the Skype video isn't anywhere near as good as I was hoping from a 1080p camera. Probably because of how wide a FOV it tries to maintain. Guess I won't be doing any Skype shows on my TV. :p

DuoSher said:
Some of the voice commands don't work as easy, but it helps me enunciate my words better. At least, I get that much of that. I was also in the not wanting Kinect boat, but it's well worth the cost now. I haven't managed to get the Kinect to auto sign me in yet though. A tad annoying.

Check your settings for your profile. I believe I had to set it up to do it when I first set up the console, so I assume it is a setting.

UncleThursday said:
Check your settings for your profile. I believe I had to set it up to do it when I first set up the console, so I assume it is a setting.

I found the setting already, and the Kinect did sign me in once. However, I haven't been able to do it again. Weird.

DuoSher said:
UncleThursday said:

I found the setting already, and the Kinect did sign me in once. However, I haven't been able to do it again. Weird.

Ironically, it can also depend on how you are turned when the setting is set up. I wasn't looking directly at my Kinect, when I initially set up the system (it's in my room so on an angle). So, in order for it to log me on, I have to be facing my computer monitor and TV.

Also, it cannot recognize you if you have a hat on, or large headphones, etc unless you were wearing them when it first saw you... it seems to be looking for skeletal features more than a picture of you it keeps in memory or something, and the hats and headphones obscure this. But I assume you can reset what it looks for in the sign in settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.